Author Topic: Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy hints GOP won't impeach Biden cabinet officials - because Democrats  (Read 3446 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy hints GOP won't impeach Biden cabinet officials - because Democrats used it against Trump for purely political purposes

Kevin McCarthy doesn't want to impeach Biden officials for 'political purposes'
    Some Republicans want to impeach DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas and AG Merrick Garland if they retake a majority in the November midterms
    'I think the country doesn't like impeachment used for political purposes at all,' McCarthy said to Punchbowl News. 'I think the country wants to heal'
    Wants to be different then Democrats, who twice impeached Donald Trump
    'If you spent all that time arguing against using impeachment for political purposes, you gotta be able to sustain exactly what you said,' McCarthy added

By Katelyn Caralle, U.S. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com

Published: 08:53 EDT, 19 October 2022 | Updated: 08:53 EDT, 19 October 2022

Kevin McCarthy is not as eager as his GOP colleagues to immediately seek impeachment against Joe Biden's Cabinet members if they win back a majority in the November midterms.

Some Republicans are out for blood – seeking revenge by way of Biden and his team after Democrats politicized impeachment and sought it against Donald Trump two times during his four years in office.

The House GOP Leader, however, told Punchbowl News that Americans don't 'like impeachment used for political purposes at all,' and said 'the country wants to heal' and see a 'system that actually works.'

He also said that Republicans need to maintain their integrity by not turning around and engaging in the same politically-motivated actions that they railed against the opposing party for doing the last four years.

Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas and Attorney General Merrick Garland are the top two names that have been floated by some House Republicans as potential targets should the lower chamber turn red.

Some Republicans have even floated impeaching President Joe Biden, who turns 80 next month, by calling into question his physical and mental fitness to serve.

McCarthy, asked if anyone within the administration has engaged in conduct that would cause him to consider impeachment, said: 'I don't see it before me right now.'

'You watch what the Democrats did – they all came out and said they would impeach before Trump was ever sworn in,' the California Republican congressman said. 'There wasn't a purpose for it.'

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11331809/Kevin-McCarthy-hints-GOP-wont-impeach-Biden-officials-Dems-used-political-purposes.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Impeach his policies.  Don't waste time on a dog and pony show.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online rustynail

"the California Republican congressman "......this may be to root of the problem.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Ah yes, the Mike Pence strategy - be civil, stained glass and sanctimonious, but do nothing.
The Republic is lost.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Greenlight energy exploration, energy development, pipelines, and other capital projects which will increase domestic supply of energy.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Killer Clouds

McCarthy is a RINO POS! Any the most conservative republicants from California are left of center. McCarthy is not to be trusted in any way shape or form.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I think McCarthy is being cautious just before the election. One of the things that could interrupt a red wave is the notion that the Republicans will launch one investigation after another and our politics will become even more divisive.

I fully expect that McCarthy will have more than one committee looking into the FBI's Russia-gate investigation, Hunter Biden, the political weaponization of our intelligence and law enforcement agencies, etc. But there is no reason to say so at this point.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'll "heal" when they're both swinging from ropes.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
IMO-  Good.

Stay away from pandering and grandstanding and work 24/7 obsessively to reverse the damage Pedo Joe has wrought.

Retribution can come later.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

GOP won't impeach Biden cabinet officials because their leaders have no backbone.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DefiantMassRINO

Impeachment would be configirmation that the GOP is just a big nothing burger.

Impeachment is polticial theater, not governing.

Impeachment doesn't lower inflation, doesn't re-domesticate supply chains, doesn't make the military stronger, and does nothing to make America better through the implementation of proven conservative policies.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Memo: "The deposit has cleared in your offshore bank account,and "Yes,your grandchildren ARE guaranteed slots at Harvard Law when they become old enough"."
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 04:23:56 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
GOP won't impeach Biden cabinet officials because their leaders have no backbone.

@Hoodat

I believe that is called "a gentleman's agreement to not rock the boat."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Impeachment doesn't lower inflation, doesn't re-domesticate supply chains, doesn't make the military stronger, and does nothing to make America better through the implementation of proven conservative policies.

@DefiantMassRINO

Yeah,it does. It rids the upper levels of gooberment of communist radicals posing as Americans.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Um, if they impeach Biden, then The Cackler becomes Prez.  When she gets impeached, then queen Nancy Pelosi gets her crown.

You're just trading one commie from another.  It actually gets worse, because it replaces a 1st string commie with a bench warming commie.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Ah yes, the Mike Pence strategy - be civil, stained glass and sanctimonious, but do nothing.
Actually I believe that has been the GOPissant policy ever since Gingrich.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Um, if they impeach Biden, then The Cackler becomes Prez.  When she gets impeached, then queen Nancy Pelosi gets her crown.

You're just trading one commie from another.  It actually gets worse, because it replaces a 1st string commie with a bench warming commie.

@DefiantMassRINO

I agree.

If for no other reason that due to his age and mental impairments,Slow Joe is likely to die sooner.

If the giggler becomes president,she is likely to trade America for something shiny.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Actually I believe that has been the GOPissant policy ever since Gingrich.

@GtHawk

Yup,and it is THE prime reason we are where we are today,as a nation.

No way in HELL could the looney-left have taken control over our government without the PAID cooperation of alleged Republicans.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Who would have thought, GOP leaders  reject tactics that democrats have used successfully, with the declaration of basically we breathe the higher, better than them air.  Once again giving the democrats the advantage is a vicious battle for supreme one party rule.  So many times done in so many ways to get us to right where we are now.  Democrats laugh, and Republicans feign utter clueless as to why this methodology never works.  Don't tell me history doesn't repeat itself, and just before a coming election too.
Here we go again, just before a coming election, Republicans play mindless fools idjits, while democrats play ruthless hard ball.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I think impeachment might have more teeth if we can get some judicial rulings first. But probably not even then.

It's basically a glorified hearing at this point.

Online libertybele

I think McCarthy is being cautious just before the election. One of the things that could interrupt a red wave is the notion that the Republicans will launch one investigation after another and our politics will become even more divisive.

I fully expect that McCarthy will have more than one committee looking into the FBI's Russia-gate investigation, Hunter Biden, the political weaponization of our intelligence and law enforcement agencies, etc. But there is no reason to say so at this point.

I don't expect anything worthwhile from McCarthy if he becomes Speaker; he's going to be another Paul Ryan or he maybe even as worthless as Boehner.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

The Secretary of Homeland Security is in direct violation of the Constitution of the United States of America.  Impeachment is the only recourse.  He should not be allowed to remain in a position where he can commit treason against the States.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 09:22:59 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DefiantMassRINO

Congress has oversight, legislative, and fiscal powers to put the screws to Homeland Security, and its boss.

Impeachment is overkill that only benefits Congressional GOP attention whores.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Hoodat is right in reply 22 above.

Mayorkas must be impeached.
He won't be removed, but impeachment is necessary to expose him and his treason.

Same goes for Garland.
Make him defend himself in the open!