Author Topic: Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy hints GOP won't impeach Biden cabinet officials - because Democrats  (Read 3365 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Hoodat is right in reply 22 above.

Mayorkas must be impeached.
He won't be removed, but impeachment is necessary to expose him and his treason.

Same goes for Garland.
Make him defend himself in the open!

:yowsa:  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

Who would have thought, GOP leaders  reject tactics that democrats have used successfully, with the declaration of basically we breathe the higher, better than them air.  Once again giving the democrats the advantage is a vicious battle for supreme one party rule.  So many times done in so many ways to get us to right where we are now.  Democrats laugh, and Republicans feign utter clueless as to why this methodology never works.  Don't tell me history doesn't repeat itself, and just before a coming election too.
Here we go again, just before a coming election, Republicans play mindless fools idjits, while democrats play ruthless hard ball.

I still can't understand why you are tied with me and @Wingnut (in his latest poll) as the most Blocked person on here?  @Chiristian   

I can only guess you get Hugged Often like we do, that Affirmation thing works wonders. 

* I'll admit I haven't gone through your posting history.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@corbe

* I'll admit I haven't gone through your posting history.

He reminds of A-Alert.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

In this election cycle we're asking independents and center democrats to stand with us and vote to protect their kids, their community's safety, their economic security, their national sovereignty and personal freedoms.

Why would we want to throw impeachment into the mix?  Republicans should just chuckle and return attention back to what they plan to do for and with the American people instead of getting sucked into stupid headlines like this one.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Corbe, most blocked person comes easy.  When people come to love and become addicted to a regular diet of lies and liars, they abhor anyone that rocks the boat in their cozy little world of comfortable lies.
The truth shall set you free, some people love their cozy comfortable cell of lies their minds sleep comfortably in.   The advocates of lies have been at war and denials for about as long as humanity has existed.  They kept getting wiped out throughout history, showing they highly resist reality, which is well proven not to be kind to them.  Father of truth or father of lies, the choice was and is in your face there, here and then.   Life is what it is.
 :2popcorn:
 :smokin:
I haven't seen the polling revelation.  Not surprising the deniers of truth revile me, by my making their cozy denial world anarchy.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 02:04:24 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

McCarthy waves off talk of impeaching Biden. He's right
Hot Air, Oct 20, 2022

While we should never count our chickens until they are fully out of their shells, there is almost unanimous agreement among the major polling groups that the GOP should be able to retake the majority in the House next month.

[...]

Before anyone begins accusing me of jumping ship and joining Team Biden, at least hear me out. The wind is at the back of the GOP right now because of all the issues I mentioned above. The country is dealing with multiple crises at the moment and almost all of them are either a direct result of the Democrats’ policies under the Biden administration or they were significantly exacerbated by them. The Democrats have no viable fig leaf to hide behind on those issues. We don’t need to give Democrats and particularly independents a reason to vote against the current agenda (or at least stay home on election day) because the party in power has already given them all of the excuses they require.

If the GOP turns around now and immediately starts talking about impeachment being on the table, that might be just the scare tactic that those marginal voters need to change their minds. They already sat through the Democrats’ endless circus of impeaching Donald Trump twice and I’m guessing that a lot of them (particularly those who would normally be inclined to support a liberal agenda) don’t want to go through that again.

[...]

If the GOP winds up taking back control of both chambers next month (and that’s still a very big “if,” at least in terms of the Senate), Joe Biden’s presidency will effectively be over. Even taking back just the House will essentially have the same effect. Aside from some additional executive orders that will almost all end up being tied in knots in the courts, he’ll be done. Then it will just be a matter of waiting him out for two years and seeing if the tide has shifted sufficiently to take back the White House. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/10/20/mccarthy-waves-off-talk-of-impeaching-biden-hes-right-n504604

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
McCarthy waves off talk of impeaching Biden. He's right
Hot Air, Oct 20, 2022

While we should never count our chickens until they are fully out of their shells, there is almost unanimous agreement among the major polling groups that the GOP should be able to retake the majority in the House next month.

[...]

Before anyone begins accusing me of jumping ship and joining Team Biden, at least hear me out. The wind is at the back of the GOP right now because of all the issues I mentioned above. The country is dealing with multiple crises at the moment and almost all of them are either a direct result of the Democrats’ policies under the Biden administration or they were significantly exacerbated by them. The Democrats have no viable fig leaf to hide behind on those issues. We don’t need to give Democrats and particularly independents a reason to vote against the current agenda (or at least stay home on election day) because the party in power has already given them all of the excuses they require.

If the GOP turns around now and immediately starts talking about impeachment being on the table, that might be just the scare tactic that those marginal voters need to change their minds. They already sat through the Democrats’ endless circus of impeaching Donald Trump twice and I’m guessing that a lot of them (particularly those who would normally be inclined to support a liberal agenda) don’t want to go through that again.

[...]

If the GOP winds up taking back control of both chambers next month (and that’s still a very big “if,” at least in terms of the Senate), Joe Biden’s presidency will effectively be over. Even taking back just the House will essentially have the same effect. Aside from some additional executive orders that will almost all end up being tied in knots in the courts, he’ll be done. Then it will just be a matter of waiting him out for two years and seeing if the tide has shifted sufficiently to take back the White House. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/10/20/mccarthy-waves-off-talk-of-impeaching-biden-hes-right-n504604

@Right_in_Virginia

Good post.

I can't find anything I disagree with.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LottieDah

Kamela is wishing and hoping Biden gets impeached so she can be first woman President.

@Right_in_Virginia

Good post.

I can't find anything I disagree with.

Wow @sneakypete   ----- we did it!  We agree!   What a nice way to start the day.    :beer:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Wow @sneakypete   ----- we did it!  We agree!   What a nice way to start the day.    :beer:

@Right_in_Virginia

I agree with most of what you write as long as you  are not in your  "surrender monkey to communism" role.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@Right_in_Virginia

I agree with most of what you write as long as you  are not in your  "surrender monkey to communism" role.

Surrender Monkey to Communism?  I am not afraid of calling out your bullshit either. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Surrender Monkey to Communism?  I am not afraid of calling out your bullshit either.

@catfish1957

Speaking of BS,read a few of her posts on the Ukranian thread and get back to me.

Online DefiantMassRINO

McCarthy is lying to protect his potential House Speakership.

We all know, if the GOP takes the House, they won't be able to stop themselves from impeaching Biden admin officials as payback for the Dem impeachments of Trump.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@catfish1957

Speaking of BS,read a few of her posts on the Ukranian thread and get back to me.

Come on, guys!

Not being for a conflict costing American lives in bleeping Ukraine isn't being a surrender monkey to Communism.

Not when I can drop a missile down a chimney from halfway around the world.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@catfish1957

I have, and there is an ocean of difference in being a "surrender monkey"  versus getting deep into conflicts that are more suited for the EU to address.  This their fight ... not ours.

If we had 2% inflation, 2% unemployment,  sealed border, energy independence, reducing national debt, and safe streets, I'd say....  yeah....  let's support the effort. 

Nope, you've bought off on the Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, and McConnell  distraction, as has sadly several others here at TBR.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Come on, guys!

Not being for a conflict costing American lives in bleeping Ukraine isn't being a surrender monkey to Communism.

Say WHAT??????

You couldn't be more wrong on this if you tried!

The Ukrainians defeating the Neo-Soviet Union does not put ANY American lives at risk,but NOT supporting Ukrainian victory will only encourage the Neo-Soviet leadership to continue to invade Europe,eventually leading to another world-wide war that WILL cost American lives.

Not when I can drop a missile down a chimney from halfway around the world.

YOU can't do  diddly-squat. The American military COULD at one time because they were willing to do that. The American military of today is led by Slow Joe and Miss Miley.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I think we all need a hug.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I have, and there is an ocean of difference in being a "surrender monkey"  versus getting deep into conflicts that are more suited for the EU to address.  This their fight ... not ours.

@catfish1957

Soooo,when did Communist Expansion become a local problem,not a world-wide problem? I must not have read the papers that day.

If we had 2% inflation, 2% unemployment,  sealed border, energy independence, reducing national debt, and safe streets, I'd say....  yeah....  let's support the effort.

If wishes were kisses,you  would be getting a BJ every day.

Have you tried putting on your magic slippers,and jumping up in the air and clicking your heels 3 times and saying "I wish we had it,I wish we had it,I wish somebody would just give it to us!"?

Nope, you've bought off on the Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, and McConnell  distraction, as has sadly several others here at TBR.

Uhhhhh,no.

Wrong again.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
@catfish1957

Soooo,when did Communist Expansion become a local problem,not a world-wide problem? I must not have read the papers that day.

If wishes were kisses,you  would be getting a BJ every day.

Have you tried putting on your magic slippers,and jumping up in the air and clicking your heels 3 times and saying "I wish we had it,I wish we had it,I wish somebody would just give it to us!"?

Uhhhhh,no.

Wrong again.

Biden, Pelosi, and Schumer thank  you for your support. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Biden, Pelosi, and Schumer thank  you for your support.

@catfish1957

ROFLMAO!

You add a whole new dimension to "delusional".

Online Hoodat

Kamela is wishing and hoping Biden gets impeached so she can be first woman President.

That would be interesting.  Impeach Biden, and then see how many Democrat Senators vote to make Kamala President.  If I recall correctly there were no Democrats voting to make Algore President back in the late 90s.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Stupid Party: Kevin McCarthy Says GOP Won’t Move to Impeach Biden or Administration Officials
OCT 21, 2022 7:00 AM BY ROBERT SPENCER4 COMMENTS
New in PJ Media:

In America today, we have a two-party system: the Stupid Party and the Evil Party. The Evil Party sets the agenda and pursues its aims relentlessly and ruthlessly; the Stupid Party registers a polite token opposition and then fully agrees to whatever the Evil Party wants, occasionally only arguing that it can implement the Evil Party’s program more effectively than the Evil Party itself. We saw this play out yet again Wednesday, when Stupid Party House Leader Kevin McCarthy (S-California) downplayed any talk of impeaching Old Joe Biden or any of his cronies if the Stupids retake the House in the midterm elections. McCarthy is still playing by rules that the Evil Party discarded long ago, and that’s why he and his fellow Stupid Party members keep losing.

McCarthy declared that Americans don’t “like impeachment used for political purposes at all,” and added that “the country wants to heal” and see a “system that actually works.” That means there will be no impeachment proceedings against Biden, or Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary and former Disinformation Governance Board supreme overlord Alejandro Mayorkas, or Gestapo chief Merrick Garland. Leave billions of dollars worth of materiel in Afghanistan for our enemies to use against us? No problem! Open the Southern border so that untold numbers of criminals and terrorists can waltz right into the country? Hey, we all make mistakes. Sic the woke FBI against parents protesting at school board meetings against the far-Left agenda in public schools? We all can get carried away! Impeachment? Forget it. It wouldn’t be the decent thing to do.

When McCarthy was asked if he saw any grounds for impeaching any officials of this lawless and authoritarian administration, he answered: “I don’t see it before me right now. You watch what the Democrats did – they all came out and said they would impeach before Trump was ever sworn in. There wasn’t a purpose for it. If you spent all that time arguing against using impeachment for political purposes, you gotta be able to sustain exactly what you said.”

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2022/10/stupid-party-kevin-mccarthy-says-gop-wont-move-to-impeach-biden-or-administration-officials
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
@catfish1957

ROFLMAO!

You add a whole new dimension to "delusional".

Quite a hoot coming from the King of the Trait.

You rightfully slam "W" and then his ilk before and after his tenure for nation building and foreign meddling.   Then you contradict yourself, wanting big time intervention on our behalf in Uke/Russia.    Make up your mind dude.

Offline Millee

I don't expect anything worthwhile from McCarthy if he becomes Speaker; he's going to be another Paul Ryan or he maybe even as worthless as Boehner.

@libertybele   Is it set in stone that he becomes Speaker if we take the house? 

Online libertybele

@libertybele   Is it set in stone that he becomes Speaker if we take the house?

Not to my knowledge, but he is the 'presumed' Speaker.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.