Author Topic: “Children’s Climate Trial” in U.S. Set for 2023  (Read 513 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
“Children’s Climate Trial” in U.S. Set for 2023
« on: October 13, 2022, 02:43:35 pm »
Legal Insurrection by Leslie Eastman Wednesday, October 12, 2022

The file includes stories about each plaintiff that describes how the climate crisis has impacted them personally.

A lawsuit filed by 16 children against Montana that argues the state’s continuous use of fossil fuels has contributed to the climate crisis will go to trial in June of 2023.

This will be the first children’s climate trial in US history, which will see the young plaintiffs argue how the state is violating their constitutional rights.

The lawsuit, filed in March 2020, describes how children are more vulnerable to the impacts of the climate crisis, noting it ‘harms their physical and psychological health and safety, interferes with family and cultural foundations and integrity, and causes economic deprivations.’

It also includes how each child has been personally impacted by the climate crisis such how wildfires pose a threat to the youngest who has respiratory issues and another whose family relies on a river for their business that has dried up in past years.

The children are not looking for a lump sum of money, but, if the court rules in their favor, the group wants defendants to ‘bring the state energy system into constitutional compliance,’ the March 2020 filing states.

Montana’s lawyers have braced for a fight, and a Virginia judge recently nixed a similar case.

A spokesman for Montana Attorney General Austin Knudsen (R) called Our Children’s Trust a “special interest group that is exploiting well-intentioned kids—including a 4-year old and an 8-year old—to achieve its goal of shutting down responsible energy development in Montana.”

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2022/10/childrens-climate-trial-in-u-s-set-for-2023/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAPyiiICEas

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: “Children’s Climate Trial” in U.S. Set for 2023
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022, 02:52:11 pm »
Commies using children as human shields.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 03:54:09 pm »
the climate crisis, noting it ‘harms their physical and psychological health and safety, interferes with family and cultural foundations and integrity, and causes economic deprivations.’
It's really a form of child abuse to scare children into this belief. The fossil fuels that keep us alive have become the modern-day bogeyman, lurking under the bed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2022, 03:58:29 pm »
Sleazy political publicity stunt to further the climate scam.

Really time to fight back with a vengence.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2022, 08:45:33 pm »
catfish wrote:
"Sleazy political publicity stunt to further the climate scam.
Really time to fight back with a vengence."

There's really only one way to make these people stop.
You know what it is.
Otherwise, they'll just keep coming back at you.

("The only good commie...")
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 08:46:40 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline berdie

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2022, 09:23:00 pm »
Myself, I think the only way we can win is to cut off the juice. To their comforts. The electricity, the transportation, iphones and computers. Any product made with oil.

Of course, although this might work, the parent would suffer as well. Sort of like grounding a kid (does that even happen anymore) and the parent has to suffer even worse than the whining, crying kid.