Author Topic: Michigan bus drivers' daring rescue of toddler taken during carjacking of parents' vehicle caught on  (Read 540 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 October 10, 2022 3:53pm EDT
Michigan bus drivers' daring rescue of toddler taken during carjacking of parents' vehicle caught on camera
Kelloggsville Public Schools bus drivers' quick actions saved the 2-year-old found alone in a driveway

By Danielle Wallace | Fox News

Two Michigan school bus drivers' rescue of a toddler taken when the child’s parents’ vehicle was stolen while they helped an older sibling off to school last week was captured on camera in daring new video.

New footage released by the Kelloggsville Public Schools shows a frantic dad running up to a school bus.

"Call the police!" the man tells the driver, with the two-year-old’s sobbing mother beside him. "Somebody steal the car. There’s a baby inside!"

Dave Skinner, a bus driver for the Grand Rapids area district, dialed 911 and alerted his team.

"They screamed at me that someone had stolen their car with their baby in it," Skinner told NBC News.

The parents reportedly stepped out of their vehicle to help an older child onto a school bus when their vehicle with the toddler inside was stolen.

Within minutes, another bus driver in the area, Sue Figueroa, spotted the toddler alone sitting in someone’s driveway. A camera inside the bus captures her saying, "Oh sweet baby."

She scoops up the child and carefully places him into the front seat of the bus, saying, "I’ll bring you to your mama." Later on in the video, Figueroa drives up beside the woman and calls out, "Ma’am, is this your baby?" Handing the child over, the driver assures, "He’s okay, He’s okay, He’s okay."

"I was crying all day. It was very emotional. I was very relieved," Figueroa told NBC of the ordeal.

No arrests were immediately announced in connection to the incident.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-bus-drivers-daring-rescue-toddler-taken-carjacking-parents-vehicle-caught-camera
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Good Grief.  Not knocking the bus driver at all when I say this to the Story author.  Did you get your journalism degree at Clickbate U?  The bus driver stopped to pick up a 2 YO sitting in a Driveway.  The danger level was about a 0.5.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline verga

Good Grief.  Not knocking the bus driver at all when I say this to the Story author.  Did you get your journalism degree at Clickbate U?  The bus driver stopped to pick up a 2 YO sitting in a Driveway.  The danger level was about a 0.5.
Okay, thank you, I thought I was reading the story wrong.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline aligncare

Slow news day. If that happens headline writers slap adjectives like daring randomly into headlines. Juices the crowd. It’s a living.  :shrug:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I guess in todays world an adult doing something that in the past was a normal behavior, stopping to insure a baby left on a driveway is safe, is now heroic. In the past the adult not having the benefit of a radio report would have nocked on the homes door and failing resolution called or went to the police. Lord how we have fallen.

Offline roamer_1

She could have tripped on one of the driveway seams... Or got hit by an ice cream truck... So it was pretty daring ... I guess...  :whistle:

:silly: