Author Topic: Ted Cruz plots a 2024 bid even as he waits on Trump  (Read 13682 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: Ted Cruz plots a 2024 bid even as he waits on Trump
« Reply #175 on: September 12, 2022, 01:52:46 pm »
It's just a bare fact. How anyone defends it is a wonderment! It's their money too... Stealing right out of their own pocket - And they come back for more. It utterly boggles me!

Yeah but if it’s their guy doing it to them then it’s all good. I have a couple relatives who blame the debt that Biden is ringing up on Donald Trump so excuse making seems to afflict both side
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 01:57:57 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #176 on: September 12, 2022, 02:07:14 pm »
Yeah but if it’s their guy doing it to them then it’s all good. I have a couple relatives who blame the debt that Biden is ringing up on Donald Trump so excuse making seems to afflict both side

That's right on the money!

And the beat goes on...

Always the promise of change, never changing... Both sides busy throwing poo at each other while DC steals em blind.

As Peter, Paul, and Mary once opined: "When will they ever learn? When will they ever learn..."

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #177 on: September 12, 2022, 02:50:26 pm »
Trumper statement:” Trump is a fighter who can take on the DC swamp.”

Trumper statement later: “ Trump can’t really fight the swamp because there’s so many people and things against him that he just can’t do it.”

Sounds just like something a Democrat would say.

btw, on that first statement, I got booted from TOS for disputing that very claim.  Early in 2016, the Trump zealots were saying how Trump was going to fight the swamp.  The only problem was that Trump himself wasn't saying it.  Instead, he was cutting deals with the swamp in order to defeat the real enemy - Ted Cruz.

The #AlwaysTrumpers have a tendency to find positions that are Conservative, and then automatically attribute them to Trump.  Oppose Planned Parenthood?  That's Trump.  Balance the budget?  Trump again.  Build the wall?  Trump.  Deny amnesty for illegals?  Trump.  Support gun rights?  Trump.  Drain the swamp?  Trump Trump Trump.  Never mind that Trump has been on the opposite side in all these situations.  Even the wall.  Four years in office, and all we heard was that Congress wouldn't allow it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #178 on: September 12, 2022, 05:54:50 pm »
Trouble in Paradise? (Part 15): Mr. Smith Tried to Go to Nashville

SEPTEMBER 09, 2022 BY MARK PULLIAM

Groucho Marx is reputed to have said that he did not want to belong to any club that would have him as a member. I have the opposite problem. Last month, I ran as a write-in candidate for the Tennessee Republican Party State Executive Committee in District 2—a position that no one else wanted—and garnered over 300 votes by GOP primary voters on election day.  Over a month later, on September 7, I discovered that the “club” doesn’t want me as a member. The SEC, sitting as the “State Primary Board,” purported to nullify my election, after the votes were cast on August 4 and certified by the Secretary of State on September 1. Retroactive nullification of elections–a hallmark of banana republics—is common in the Third World but not a typical feature of American politics. Yet, by a 25 to 13 vote of the 66-member SEC (many of whom did not even deign to attend the virtual meeting on Zoom), my election was unilaterally abrogated–canceled. The SEC is the governing body of the Tennessee Republican Party (TRP), which is headquartered in the state capital, Nashville.

Why are the apparatchiks in charge of the Tennessee Republican Party (TRP) so opposed to my election? The stated grounds for objecting to my write-in win to a seat on the SEC—something that apparently has never previously occurred–is that I am not a “bona fide” Republican, as defined by the TRP bylaws...

Excerpt: Rest at headline link

Full disclosure: The author happens to be a friend of mine.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #179 on: September 12, 2022, 06:14:00 pm »
Trouble in Paradise? (Part 15): Mr. Smith Tried to Go to Nashville

This is why the GOP isn't a change agent for smaller government.  It is a freaking good-old-boys club that shows nothing but contempt for us.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #180 on: September 12, 2022, 06:29:25 pm »
This is why the GOP isn't a change agent for smaller government.  It is a freaking good-old-boys club that shows nothing but contempt for us.

Sick and damned tired of all your preening!   

What the hell is your point here?   Accepting a Chinese-type of governing?  Because that's what the other side offers.

Don't give a damn if Republicans don't want to hold to strict fiscal Conservatism...they aren't Commies.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #181 on: September 12, 2022, 06:36:49 pm »

What the hell is your point here?   Accepting a Chinese-type of governing?  Because that's what the other side offers.

Don't give a damn if Republicans don't want to hold to strict fiscal Conservatism...they aren't Commies.

@DCPatriot

The hell they ain't. That they offer no opposition (and haven't since Reagan left,  except the 94 Congress), at the very best means they are merely complicit.

Hows that for preening?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 06:37:42 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #182 on: September 12, 2022, 06:37:04 pm »

I don't give a damn about what you don't give a damn about David! The POINT is that the good ole boy club is fine with our participation until they aren't! And THAT is a HUGE problem!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #183 on: September 12, 2022, 06:39:28 pm »
'Better than Democrats' is a damn low bar, and is not an argument at all.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #184 on: September 12, 2022, 06:41:32 pm »
@Bigun

I like your tagline. It’s very applicable to today
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #185 on: September 12, 2022, 06:56:31 pm »
@Bigun

I like your tagline. It’s very applicable to today

Thanks @LMAO I'm kinda partial to it as well.  Spells out things very clearly.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #186 on: September 12, 2022, 07:00:41 pm »
If Ted Cruz more frequently authenticity, leadership, and decency that he did during the US Gymnastics Scandal hearings, he'd do better in general elections.

Other than that, I only see video clips of him on TV spouting disgenuis neo-con talking points of the moment.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #187 on: September 12, 2022, 07:03:12 pm »

I would counter that Turtle has done more damage collectively to the conservative agenda than any one dim.  just my thoughts.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 07:12:51 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #188 on: September 12, 2022, 07:05:59 pm »
I woud counter that Turtle has done more damage collectively to the conservative agenda than any one dim.  just my thoughts.

To which I say a hearty  :amen:

They LOVE your $$$, blood, sweat, and tears but don't you dare open your mouth and/or seek an office without kissing the proper rings!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 07:10:17 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mod1

« Reply #189 on: September 12, 2022, 07:11:21 pm »
 :im waiting:

This thread is just begging to be locked for awhile to cool off.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #190 on: September 12, 2022, 07:14:42 pm »

This thread is EXACTLY what needs to be discussed all over this land right now! @MOD3
« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 07:15:33 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #191 on: September 12, 2022, 07:15:11 pm »

Please point to the post(s) that brought you to post this crap?  Thanks...   *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #192 on: September 12, 2022, 07:16:02 pm »
This thread is EXACTLY what needs to be discussed all over this land right now! [@MOD3/size]

GD hall monitor wannabes.....  :laugh:    :pop41:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #193 on: September 12, 2022, 07:19:25 pm »

Mods ruined a place I once loved. I hope that isn't allowed to happen again.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #194 on: September 12, 2022, 07:20:00 pm »

Agree earlier with the point that there needs to be some adult level discussion around "The State of the GOP".

The party needs to get its shit together, because any severe splintering like Biden is trying to instigate, will only lead to additional dim success.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #196 on: September 12, 2022, 07:32:03 pm »
Mods ruined a place I once loved. I hope that isn't allowed to happen again.

Not gonna happen here.  Please carry on!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #197 on: September 12, 2022, 07:34:09 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2022, 07:35:19 pm »
Not gonna happen here.  Please carry on!

Thank you!   :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #199 on: September 12, 2022, 07:41:17 pm »
That would be the less subtle way to steal an election.

I think it's a pretty damned "In your face" way to do it myself! And I'm sick and damned tired of it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien