Author Topic: Ted Cruz plots a 2024 bid even as he waits on Trump  (Read 13669 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Ted Cruz plots a 2024 bid even as he waits on Trump
« Reply #200 on: September 12, 2022, 08:00:01 pm »
Agree earlier with the point that there needs to be some adult level discussion around "The State of the GOP".

The party needs to get its shit together, because any severe splintering like Biden is trying to instigate, will only lead to additional dim success.

The 'State of the GOP' is a disaster. How is the party going to get it together when we have so many that continually side with those on the other side of the aisle, yet, they continue to get voted in?  Obviously, McConnell is a prime example. His failed leadership has cost the party plenty and his destruction has taken it's toll.

'We the People' are the gov't and we seem to have forgotten that those in DC work for us and they should be held accountable.  Instead they keep their seats because what the DEMS offer is far worse.  McConnell and Company are so corrupt that it is extremely difficult for any new conservative candidate to beat them at their own game and actually win a seat.

In the House we've had leaders like Boehner and Ryan.  Is it any wonder that the GOP has lost seats?

I am no longer a registered Republican because the party no longer represents me.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 08:04:02 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #201 on: September 12, 2022, 08:13:25 pm »
Agree earlier with the point that there needs to be some adult level discussion around "The State of the GOP".

The GOP Senate is the enemy of its "base"  Any discussion around the state of the GOP should include the repeal of the 17th Amendment ----

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #202 on: September 12, 2022, 09:05:05 pm »
I would counter that Turtle has done more damage collectively to the conservative agenda than any one dim.  just my thoughts.

@catfish1957

Turtle ain't working by himself. The vast majority of the RNC are standing with him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #203 on: September 12, 2022, 09:08:17 pm »

The party needs to get its shit together, because any severe splintering like Biden is trying to instigate, will only lead to additional dim success.

@catfish1957   

It's not just Biden, It is Biden AND the alleged leadership of the RNC,all working hand in hand to make sure each other
gets reelected while having ready access to piles of cash.

It really is a "us versus them" situation,and damn few of the people identified as "us" hold public office.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #204 on: September 12, 2022, 09:15:39 pm »
@catfish1957   

It's not just Biden, It is Biden AND the alleged leadership of the RNC,all working hand in hand to make sure each other

It really is a "us versus them" situation,and damn few of the people identified as "us" hold public office.

888high58888
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #205 on: September 12, 2022, 09:24:38 pm »
@catfish1957   

Thus my ever repeating mantra: Throw the bastards out!

Nothing is going to change until you do.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #206 on: September 12, 2022, 09:33:54 pm »
Sick and damned tired of all your preening!   

What the hell is your point here?   Accepting a Chinese-type of governing?  Because that's what the other side offers.

My point is to take back our Party, which is something that Donald Trump never cared to do.

Don't give a damn if Republicans don't want to hold to strict fiscal Conservatism...they aren't Commies.

And that right there is the problem.  This is why we get stuck with Mitch McConnell, John Boehner, Paul Ryan, Lisa Murkowski, John McCain, John Cornyn, etc.  Because people are willing to settle for Commie-lite as long as we don't get the full helping.  And when someone comes along and tries to get rid of the old guard, people like you shoot them down.

There was one candidate in 2012 who was that type of guy.  He was demonized by his own party and lost the primary.  In 2016, another reformer rose up and challenged the GOP Establishment.  He was also demonized by his own party.  He was hated so much that the Party Elites decided to back Donald Trump just to see him defeated.  Maybe next time one of these Conservatives comes along, maybe you will think twice before slandering them.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #207 on: September 12, 2022, 09:34:09 pm »
Thus my ever repeating mantra: Throw the bastards out!

Nothing is going to change until you do.

I agree with you.  The problem still remains; as long as we have RINO leadership, conservatives are never going to be seated to fill those seats vacated and the other problems is that there aren't enough conservatives running. It is a very sad state of affairs that we find ourselves in.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #208 on: September 12, 2022, 09:37:24 pm »
I agree with you.  The problem still remains; as long as we have RINO leadership, conservatives are never going to be seated to fill those seats vacated and the other problems is that there aren't enough conservatives running. It is a very sad state of affairs that we find ourselves in.

I seem to remember a certain candidate in 2016 going state to state visiting their state conventions, building up a delegate base from the ground with the intent of challenging the old guard at the RNC Convention and depleting them of their power.  Whatever happened to that guy?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #209 on: September 12, 2022, 09:43:42 pm »
Mods ruined a place I once loved. I hope that isn't allowed to happen again.

Easy there, Francis.  No one has died yet.  Fight on.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #210 on: September 12, 2022, 09:47:51 pm »

My point is to take back our Party, which is something that Donald Trump never cared to do.

How can you type that with a straight face?    He didn't run as the Conservative 'Savior'.  He ran against "There's Only The Fight" Hillary, disciple of Saul Alinsky.

LOL!  Imagine what the world would look like today if she had become POTUS in 2017.

And that right there is the problem.  This is why we get stuck with Mitch McConnell, John Boehner, Paul Ryan, Lisa Murkowski, John McCain, John Cornyn, etc.  Because people are willing to settle for Commie-lite as long as we don't get the full helping.  And when someone comes along and tries to get rid of the old guard, people like you shoot them down.

There was one candidate in 2012 who was that type of guy.  He was demonized by his own party and lost the primary.  In 2016, another reformer rose up and challenged the GOP Establishment.  He was also demonized by his own party.  He was hated so much that the Party Elites decided to back Donald Trump just to see him defeated.  Maybe next time one of these Conservatives comes along, maybe you will think twice before slandering them.

Seems to me that 22-0 (Pres. Trump's primary endorsement record) says that you're arguing a moot point.  He IS taking over the Party.

If Covid hadn't appeared...they'd be chiseling Mt. Rushmore already.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #211 on: September 12, 2022, 10:04:17 pm »
How can you type that with a straight face?    He didn't run as the Conservative 'Savior'.  He ran against "There's Only The Fight" Hillary, disciple of Saul Alinsky.

LOL!  Imagine what the world would look like today if she had become POTUS in 2017.

That's really beautiful and all.  Except that Donald Trump had already been running for President a full year before Hillary won the nomination.  And of course none of that has a thing to do with taking back control of the GOP, which again is something Trump wasn't interested in doing.  (See:  Chief of Staff Reince Priebus)

Seems to me that 22-0 (Pres. Trump's primary endorsement record) says that you're arguing a moot point.  He IS taking over the Party.

Uh, no.  That's not where the GOP power is derived.  And let's not forget that Trump endorsements include Mitch McConnell, Mitt Romney, Luther Strange, etc.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #212 on: September 12, 2022, 11:47:11 pm »
That's really beautiful and all.  Except that Donald Trump had already been running for President a full year before Hillary won the nomination.  And of course none of that has a thing to do with taking back control of the GOP, which again is something Trump wasn't interested in doing.  (See:  Chief of Staff Reince Priebus)

Uh, no.  That's not where the GOP power is derived.  And let's not forget that Trump endorsements include Mitch McConnell, Mitt Romney, Luther Strange, etc.

Everybody it seems, except @Hoodat knew Hillary was going to be crowned...will let that slide.  Absolvo te

Again, I fall back on him being an "outsider", with him using mainly recommendations from his transition team...to explain some rapid turnover, or poor choices from the beginning.

Take your nose off the bark...look at him from the ISS.  The world was never safer under his Administration. 

...and neither were you.    :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

« Reply #213 on: September 13, 2022, 12:08:49 am »
  @DCPatriot

No Briefer is saying we weren't better off with 4 years of Trump THAN 4 years of that B1tch, hellary.  We are still arguing how the bar was lowered in 2015 and led us to this disaster we are currently living under biteme. 
   I realize we are carping on old stuff AND we are making progress~Not in changing our Minds BUT the Guests, over 50 at some times, since I started this Thread 4 days ago. 
   These are the minds that our posts reach and there are a lot of smart Briefers and we are changing minds one way or the other!   

It's for the Kids, after all.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #214 on: September 13, 2022, 02:19:08 am »
  @DCPatriot

No Briefer is saying we weren't better off with 4 years of Trump THAN 4 years of that B1tch, hellary.  We are still arguing how the bar was lowered in 2015 and led us to this disaster we are currently living under biteme. 
   I realize we are carping on old stuff AND we are making progress~Not in changing our Minds BUT the Guests, over 50 at some times, since I started this Thread 4 days ago. 
   These are the minds that our posts reach and there are a lot of smart Briefers and we are changing minds one way or the other!   

It's for the Kids, after all.

@corbe

Huh? Nobody is arguing about that. The RINO's banded together with their Dim brothers,and flat stole the election by stuffing ballot boxes.

If there is anyone seriously arguing about that one,I somehow managed to miss it

Where the agreements ends is when the question of who should be the next President arises. The RINO'S and their Dim brothers want one of their employees in the WH and want to see the current corruption expanded upon.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #215 on: September 13, 2022, 02:28:30 am »
Everybody it seems, except @Hoodat knew Hillary was going to be crowned...will let that slide.  Absolvo te

Again, I fall back on him being an "outsider", with him using mainly recommendations from his transition team...to explain some rapid turnover, or poor choices from the beginning.

Take your nose off the bark...look at him from the ISS.  The world was never safer under his Administration. 

...and neither were you.    :patriot:

Is this your excuse why Trump was never a swamp drainer?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #216 on: September 13, 2022, 06:49:51 am »
Is this your excuse why Trump was never a swamp drainer?

I don't know who needs to hear this, but in light of all that has happened at the direction of the administrative state in the past six years --- and is escalating even today ----- this is not a rational question.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #217 on: September 13, 2022, 09:13:28 am »
It’s not as if there were a drain plug somewhere in the basement of the White House and all the president had to do was pull it out, and swoosh, swamp drained.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 09:48:45 am by aligncare »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #218 on: September 13, 2022, 11:59:47 am »
I don't know who needs to hear this, but in light of all that has happened at the direction of the administrative state in the past six years --- and is escalating even today ----- this is not a rational question.

@Right_in_Virginia

Anti-Trumpers are NOT rational people. They are all about protecting the establishment pols they know,and condemning "Rude Orange Man" for not playing nice with the establishment criminals.

Somehow or another,they want change without having to tolerate anything changing.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #219 on: September 13, 2022, 12:07:00 pm »
I like Cruz for a senator. He needs to stay in the senate or even SCOTUS possibly. We need a conservative as POTUS that knows how to run SOMETHING other than just being a politician.

Yup

Right now, we don’t have anyone for 2024 but someone may pop up by then.

But if we don’t find anybody who has the stones to truly “drain the swamp” in DC, I can’t see us recovering
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 12:25:17 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #220 on: September 13, 2022, 12:55:52 pm »

Who is the head of the RNC?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #221 on: September 13, 2022, 12:56:40 pm »
Who is the head of the RNC?

@Hoodat

Pelosi?

Do I win anything?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #222 on: September 13, 2022, 01:02:43 pm »
@Hoodat

Pelosi?

Do I win anything?

You always win points with me, @sneakypete

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #223 on: September 13, 2022, 01:04:33 pm »
It’s not as if there were a drain plug somewhere in the basement of the White House and all the president had to do was pull it out, and swoosh, swamp drained.
There is a drain plug called DOJ but someone lost the chain..

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #224 on: September 13, 2022, 01:05:52 pm »
Mr. 'Swamp Drainer' [sic]

Trump names Michigan's Ronna Romney McDaniel RNC chair

Todd Spangler  |  Dec 14, 2016

WASHINGTON — As widely rumored for a week, President-elect Donald Trump today gave his nod to Michigan Republican Party Chairwoman Ronna Romney McDaniel taking the reins of the GOP national committee next year.

The Republican National Committee -- a 168-member body that coordinates national platforms, fundraising and policies for the Party - put out a news release this afternoon saying it intends to make Romney McDaniel a deputy co-chair prior to a vote in which she's almost certain to become chairman early next year.

"I'm excited to have a highly effective leader in Ronna McDaniel as RNC deputy chair and I look forward to her serving as the Party's chairman in 2017," Trump said, making clear his intentions to push her nomination. "Ronna has been extremely loyal to our movement and her efforts were critical to our tremendous victory in Michigan."  .  .  .

https://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/2016/12/14/donald-trump-ronna-romney-mcdaniel/95441190/