Author Topic: Judge Roy Moore Vindicated, Wins $8.2 Million Defamation Lawsuit  (Read 5250 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: Judge Roy Moore Vindicated, Wins $8.2 Million Defamation Lawsuit
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2022, 07:02:45 pm »
My statement had nothing to do with moving a thread. I was talking about mods restricting and punishing free speech.

I must have missed that.  Who got punished?  And what free speech got restricted?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2022, 07:05:34 pm »
I must have missed that.  Who got punished?  And what free speech got restricted?
I have been threatened with punishment for calling cops and other law enforcement pigs.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2022, 07:06:34 pm »
So who got punished?  And what free speech got restricted?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2022, 07:14:26 pm »
I have been threatened with punishment for calling cops and other law enforcement pigs.

Did it ever occur to you that this forum could be monitored and that the Owner might be held responsible for posts?

Our law enforcement should be respected. Calling them pigs reminds me of a teenage punk mouthing off because he got caught and got his hands slapped.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2022, 07:19:23 pm »

@Killer Clouds

You make a VERY minor point,but is there some sort of requirement for you to call them pigs. Are you trying to tell us you lack the ability to get your contempt for them understood in any other way?

BTW,there are a lot of people here that do not like (most) cops due to bad personal experiences,including me.

I don't think ALL cops are corrupt and power mad,though. Just most of them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2022, 07:20:23 pm »
Did it ever occur to you that this forum could be monitored and that the Owner might be held responsible for posts?

Our law enforcement should be respected. Calling them pigs reminds me of a teenage punk mouthing off because he got caught and got his hands slapped.

@libertybele

Not unless they EARN that respect.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2022, 07:26:32 pm »
@libertybele

@sneakypete yes respect is earned, but also the last thing I would do around a cop is display a cocky attitude.  Just sayin'.

With everything that is going on right now in this country, I think it is wise to not makes waves, especially unprovoked.  My opinion is all.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2022, 07:34:00 pm »
@sneakypete yes respect is earned, but also the last thing I would do around a cop is display a cocky attitude.  Just sayin'.

"the last thing I would do around a cop is display a cocky attitude.  Just sayin'."

In other words,you would expect to be beaten and maybe arrested for having a cocky attitude.

Please show me any location in America where that is a crime that is deserving of a beating and the arrest that will surely follow the beating in order to "justify" the beating.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2022, 07:35:32 pm »
Please stay on topic.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2022, 07:39:01 pm »
@Killer Clouds

You make a VERY minor point,but is there some sort of requirement for you to call them pigs. Are you trying to tell us you lack the ability to get your contempt for them understood in any other way?

BTW,there are a lot of people here that do not like (most) cops due to bad personal experiences,including me.

I don't think ALL cops are corrupt and power mad,though. Just most of them.
@sneakypete
When most of them are corrupt tyrants then yes all of them deserve to be called pigs because even the so called good cops are corrupt because they do nothing to stop the bad ones. The injustice system period is full of pigs from the POTUS and SCOTUS all the way down to the swine on patrol.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2022, 07:41:23 pm »

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2022, 08:31:31 pm »

ABSOLUTELY NOT! They don't deserve any respected have earned every bit of hate they deserve. Bootlickers can bow to the corruption of tyrants but they deserved to be called out for what they are. And so what if the site is being monitored? Nothing I've said is illegal.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2022, 09:02:01 pm »
Even when people complain about others being unconstitutional there are even mods on this site that don't embrace the 1st amendment and regulate speech.

Don't like the rules @Killer Clouds  ----- you are free to find another club.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2022, 10:13:10 pm »
@libertybele

@sneakypete

I'm the other way...  I'll give em their due until they step out of line. The badge is the point, not the cop. The structure of law and order is something I generally do respect, and it is something that is a necessity to an ordered society. And I have often, and will continue to lend myself to that task if they have need of my help.

In my mind, people who cuss cops are the very same as those who cuss military, having no true idea what life would be like without their defenses.

Are there a****** cops? Sure. There's a******* everywhere.
Are a certain kind of a******* attracted to the power that lies in law enforcement? YEP. Same kind as attracted to military power, IMHO.

But that does not mean they are all a******* in either case. In fact, BOTH are oath and honor based, and just like most military are devoutly patriotic as proven by their oath, I would say the same for LEOs in general.

So yeah. even as a frequent flyer in my yoot, even being on the wrong end of a billy club and an asp upon occasion... Even having had a cop's knee on my neck on more than one occasion...

Mostly I had it coming. And mostly I experienced a professionalism... And that is a broad swath of cops in points all over the west and points of the southern midwest to include Kansas City, and St Louis, and of course, Chicago.

Other than speed traps, and the occasional times I got drug through the knothole for no reason, And one time I needed them to return a favor that I got no satisfaction, As a whole, LEOs have my respect.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 10:15:10 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2022, 10:24:21 pm »
@sneakypete
When most of them are corrupt tyrants then yes all of them deserve to be called pigs because even the so called good cops are corrupt because they do nothing to stop the bad ones. The injustice system period is full of pigs from the POTUS and SCOTUS all the way down to the swine on patrol.

Yeah... You'll not last long around here like that. There's folks here with LEOs in their family line, just like there's folks here that are multi-generational military.

Nor with your claims of censorship. It is not a matter of free speech. This is a private board with a membership... With that membership comes a rule set. That rule set contains a set of mores regarding speech and comportment.

And as such rule sets are measured, those here are lightly applied - As lightly as anywhere.

If you don't like it, then don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2022, 10:33:38 pm »
Don't like the rules @Killer Clouds  ----- you are free to find another club.
I would just like it if the rules were applied equally.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2022, 10:37:30 pm »
Yeah... You'll not last long around here like that. There's folks here with LEOs in their family line, just like there's folks here that are multi-generational military.

Nor with your claims of censorship. It is not a matter of free speech. This is a private board with a membership... With that membership comes a rule set. That rule set contains a set of mores regarding speech and comportment.

And as such rule sets are measured, those here are lightly applied - As lightly as anywhere.

Says the man who stands for nothing and sits for everything. Go back to your corner.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2022, 10:39:18 pm »
Says the man who stands for nothing and sits for everything. Go back to your corner.

Like I said...

Online Hoodat

« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2022, 10:59:44 pm »
Says the man who stands for nothing

I'm completely dumbfounded by this statement.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2022, 11:29:09 pm »
I would just like it if the rules were applied equally.

That's the phrase that pisses me off like no other.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2022, 11:32:47 pm »
That's the phrase that pisses me off like no other.

That guy is a member of a very select pair. They have earned a spot on my ignore list!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2022, 11:34:16 pm »
Not really in the mood for pie right now.  But a good banana split would hit the spot.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2022, 12:11:37 am »
Not really in the mood for pie right now.  But a good banana split would hit the spot.

I just was never a fan of banana splits.  Give me everything else and hold the banana.  Bananas are to be eaten alone. I'm not a fan of banana bread, or banana pies of any sort, nor banana pudding.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 12:13:52 am by libertybele »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2022, 12:13:21 am »

Very well stated @roamer_1  :beer:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2022, 12:15:07 am »
I'm not a fan of banana bread

Hush yo' mouth!

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-