Author Topic: WH Press Secretary: ‘We Do Not Interfere. We Do Not Get Briefed. We Do Not Get Involved’  (Read 321 times)

Offline libertybele

WH Press Secretary: ‘We Do Not Interfere. We Do Not Get Briefed. We Do Not Get Involved’

White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre, appearing on ABC’s “This Week with George Stephanopolous” on Sunday, said that the White House does not “interfere,” get briefed, or get involved with the Justice Department, and it has “complete independence.”

When asked how concerned President Biden is about the national security implications of highly classified materials being at Mar-a-Lago, the press secretary said she couldn’t speak on the investigation into former President Donald Trump.

“So, as you just stated, Jon, I cannot speak to that. It would be inappropriate to me to speak on that because the president has been very clear and unequivocal about this, is that, when it comes to law enforcement matters, investigation, the Department of Justice has complete, complete independence, and he has said that during his campaign. He has said that as president. We do not interfere. We do not get briefed. We do not get involved,” she said.

When ABC’s John Karl pointed out that he was asking about the national security implications, Jean-Pierre said, “No, I cannot comment on this. It is an investigation that is currently happening. I hear your question, but it would be inappropriate for me as the press secretary to comment on this. It would be inappropriate for any of us, including the president or anyone in the administration, to comment on this. This is a law enforcement matter, and the Department of Justice is going to move forward as they see fit.”

Karl played a clip of Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.), saying, “President Donald Trump is Joe Biden's most likeliest political opponent in 2024, and this is less than 100 days from critical midterm elections. The FBI raid of President Trump is a complete abuse and over-reach of its authority.”...................

https://www.cnsnews.com/index.php/article/washington/melanie-arter/wh-press-secretary-we-do-not-interfere-we-do-not-get-briefed-we-do
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Let’s imagine for a moment that this is true. How outrageous would that be?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Killer Clouds

KJP is extremely stupid and a horrible liar. What's worse is she thinks people are buying her crap.

Online Kamaji

Offline mountaineer

I would post this photo, but hysterical lefties will accuse me of racism.
What the heck.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

I would post this photo, but hysterical lefties will accuse me of racism.
What the heck.

:thumbsup: