Author Topic: Attorney General Merrick Garland will make a statement today at 2:30pm, the Justice Dept announces  (Read 5400 times)

Offline mountaineer

Article III Project Statement on Attorney General Merrick Garland’s Prepared Remarks on the FBI Raid of Mar-a-Lago

WASHINGTON — Mike Davis, Founder and President of the Article III Project, issued the following statement after Attorney General Merrick Garland addressed the FBI’s raid of former President Trump’s home at Mar-a-Lago:

“Attorney General Merrick Garland attempted to do damage control and defend the indefensible in his political press conference. He left more questions than answers. He’s a former federal judge and prosecutor. He should be ashamed of himself for politicizing the Justice Department so dangerously. He must resign.

“The President of the United States has both the constitutional and statutory power to declassify anything he wants. If President Trump left the White House with classified records, they are declassified by his actions. But even if President Trump had classified records in his possession, they were protected. All former Presidents get a federally funded office, security clearances, Secret Service protection, and secure facilities (SCIFs) for classified records.

“All Presidents take records when they leave. They don’t pack their own boxes. The National Archives takes the position that almost everything is a ‘presidential record,’ and the federal government writ large over-classifies almost everything. It’s routine for any Office of the Former President to negotiate with the National Archives. They could’ve alerted Congress. The Biden Justice Department could’ve filed a civil lawsuit. They could’ve sought and enforced a subpoena.

“Instead, Attorney General Garland and FBI Director Chris Wray found a federal magistrate judge in Palm Beach with an obvious judicial bias against President Trump, obtained an unlawful and unnecessary home warrant, and launched an unprecedented home raid of a former president and President Biden’s top political opponent, all for records the former president had for 18 months without issue. If Attorney General Merrick Garland and FBI Director Chris Wray refuse to resign, House Republicans must impeach them when the GOP regains power in January for clearly abusing their power,” Davis said.

The Article III Project (A3P) was founded by veteran GOP operative and attorney Mike Davis, who, after helping win the Senate confirmation battles of Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh, developed the reputation as a “take-no-prisoners conservative eager to challenge the left with hardball tactics,” as reported in The New York Times. A3P defends constitutionalist judges, punches back on radical assaults on judicial independence (like court-packing) and opposes judicial and other nominees who are outside of the mainstream. Davis previously served as Chief Counsel for Nominations to Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) on the United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary and led the Senate confirmation of Justice Brett Kavanaugh and a record number of circuit court judges
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
:facepalm2:

I didn't say it was a good strategy, or even a smart strategy.  But this is the Democrat party that is openly financially supporting MAGA candidates in the GOP primaries. Clearly, in their minds they think elevating Trump and Trump candidates is in their best interest.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He unsealed it...so Trump can release it if he wants...

AFAIK, it's not "unsealed," or the Judge who signed the Warrant wouldn't be demanding a copy from the DoJ,
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Don't think any of this is intended to keep Trump from running.  They want him to be the GOP nominee.  They have nothing else.

I am almost right there with you.

Trump may be the only Republican POTUS nominee that could possibly lose the 2024 election. 
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
I am almost right there with you.

Trump may be the only Republican POTUS nominee that could possibly lose the 2024 election.

P.S. Reborn Never Trumper here, and I will vote for him even if I have to crawl over broken glass to do it.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
P.S. Reborn Never Trumper here, and I will vote for him even if I have to crawl over broken glass to do it.

:beer:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

@Luis Gonzalez
Nice to see you...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
@Luis Gonzalez
Nice to see you...
... and nice to see you as well my friend.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Federal judge: DOJ has until 3 p.m. Friday to confim whether Trump supports unsealing raid warrant

A federal judge Thursday gave the Justice Department until 3 p.m. Friday to certify whether former President Donald Trump supports or opposes unsealing the warrant and property receipt from the FBI's search of his Mar-a-Lago home Monday.

"The United States shall immediately serve a copy of its Motion on counsel for former President Trump," Magestrate Judge Bruce Reinhard wrote in an order on the DOJ's motion to unseal the warrant and property receipt. "On or before 3:00 p.m. Eastern time on August 12, 2022, the United States shall file a certificate of conferral advising whether former President Trump opposes the Government's motion to unseal."

The order came shortly after Attorney General Merrick Garland addressed the raid on Trump's home foor the first time since it happened. Garland said he personally signed off on the search warrant for the raid, and that the Justice Department aims to make more information about it public.

"Just now, the Justice Department has filed a motion in the Southern District of Florida to unseal a search warrant and property receipt relating to a court-approved search that the FBI conducted earlier this week," Garland said. "That search was a premises located in Florida belonging to the former president."

Garland added: "The department filed the motion to make public the warrant and receipt in light of the former president's public confirmation of the search, the surrounding circumstances and the substantial public interest in this matter."

Fox News' Kelly Laco contributed to this report.
Posted by Tyler Olson
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Federal judge: DOJ has until 3 p.m. Friday to confim whether Trump supports unsealing raid warrant

A federal judge Thursday gave the Justice Department until 3 p.m. Friday to certify whether former President Donald Trump supports or opposes unsealing the warrant and property receipt from the FBI's search of his Mar-a-Lago home Monday.

"The United States shall immediately serve a copy of its Motion on counsel for former President Trump," Magestrate Judge Bruce Reinhard wrote in an order on the DOJ's motion to unseal the warrant and property receipt. "On or before 3:00 p.m. Eastern time on August 12, 2022, the United States shall file a certificate of conferral advising whether former President Trump opposes the Government's motion to unseal."

The order came shortly after Attorney General Merrick Garland addressed the raid on Trump's home foor the first time since it happened. Garland said he personally signed off on the search warrant for the raid, and that the Justice Department aims to make more information about it public.

"Just now, the Justice Department has filed a motion in the Southern District of Florida to unseal a search warrant and property receipt relating to a court-approved search that the FBI conducted earlier this week," Garland said. "That search was a premises located in Florida belonging to the former president."

Garland added: "The department filed the motion to make public the warrant and receipt in light of the former president's public confirmation of the search, the surrounding circumstances and the substantial public interest in this matter."

Fox News' Kelly Laco contributed to this report.
Posted by Tyler Olson

:im waiting:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Welcome to that club @Luis Gonzalez
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline rustynail

Attorney General Merrick Garland ...came up short.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Haha. In 2016, during the primary I was an anti-Trumper, vehemently. Voted for him in 2016 out of anger and spite, then again in 2020, despite being wishy washy about him, due to Democrats burning down our country. Looks like the same thing will happen if he runs in 2024.

He's an bleep but he's my kind of bleep I guess.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Haha. In 2016, during the primary I was an anti-Trumper, vehemently. Voted for him in 2016 out of anger and spite, then again in 2020, despite being wishy washy about him, due to Democrats burning down our country. Looks like the same thing will happen if he runs in 2024.

He's an bleep but he's my kind of bleep I guess.

He's to the Presidency what George Patton was to the Army.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Josh Hammer
@josh_hammer
·
43m
Garland’s tone there was remarkably defensive. He’s clearly feeling the heat.

Ned Ryun
@nedryun
·
1m
Merrick Garland came off as a whiny little bish: You big meanie pants, you stop saying hurtful words. . .
===============
========================================================

From Garland's tiny brain, one could almost discern that any criticality of the FBI under any circumstance is a jailable offense.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 11:35:47 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

On I75, just North of the MLK exit in the Tampa area.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 11:41:03 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Excellent analogy!

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

And swamp critters of all stripes tremble at the mention of his name!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Is this the beginning of the secessionist movement?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

That's quite noticeable.   :thumbsup:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Is this the beginning of the secessionist movement?

If so, TX and FL will be leading the way.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
If so, TX and FL will be leading the way.

This is about a quarter mile North of the flag.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
BREAKING: Merrick Garland has no knowledge of any press statement. AI robot took his place without his knowledge.
Garland is screaming, "Look at the tape! Look at the tape! That is a robot, not me.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Good, none of America's history should be hidden or rewritten.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

This is about a quarter mile North of the flag.

Okay, it just struck me, two blatant White supremacist symbols so close to MLK? It's diabolical!