Author Topic: Groveling Ted Cruz fails to convince Tucker Carlson that calling Jan. 6 'violent terrorist attack' w  (Read 4464 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Millee
I agree...I was a Cruz supporter for prez in 2016...until Trump won the nomination...I just wish he would choose his words more carefully at times.

He DOES choose his words carefully --- always.   That's the problem here.

@mystery-ak

« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 09:08:28 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

In last night's interview Cruz said he was referring to those who assault cops as terrorists.  It sounded so absurd both we audibly groaned when he said it and neither one of us could remember a time when he referred to cop killers or attackers as "terrorists".

Well ....... Jan 6, according to Cruz, has always been a terrorist attack and assault on our democratic system .....

Nolte: Ted Cruz Stepped in the Media’s Trap, and Tucker Carlson Closed It
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,458031.new.html#new

I'll grant you the media's enjoying this; but the media didn't set this "trap".  Cruz voluntarily chose --- without prompting from anyone ---- to voice the opinion he did.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If Cruz were a Democrat @Bigun  Cruz would have been repeatng the Democrat fantasy narrative.  That's not news.

No! It's not news that ANY prominent conservative is under a microscope 24/7/365 but no Communist AKA Democrat ever is. THAT is the problem! @Right_in_Virginia
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

There were three types of domestic "terrorists" on hand in Washington on January 6th: weaponized intelligence services, Antifa and far left groups, and stupid rednecks.  It is still yet to be shown which of these was in the majority.

You just can't help yourself, can you  @massadvj   

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'll grant you the media's enjoying this; but the media didn't set this "trap".  Cruz voluntarily chose --- without prompting from anyone ---- to voice the opinion he did.

What if he had empirical evidence that the people physically assaulting police officers were, in fact,
Antifa or BLM activists, and plans on releasing the evid... aww hell, nevermind.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

Yes, and I'll grant you that all the Cruz haters and staunch Trump supporters are enjoying this.  Cruz's career is over leaving one less  conservative in Congress.  As I stated earlier ... the last Republican left remaining will finally need to turn off the lights.  It won't be long.  With Cruz now being cast aside, who does the GOP have left?  Paul? Hawley?  Greene?  Jordan?  Certainly not many in number to make a darn bit of difference and they will be picked off one by one.

Sure Cruz chose his words, I get that, but Cruz tried to do what was right with his objection and soon he'll be paying a very high political price.

No worries. He won't be re-elected.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What if he had empirical evidence that the people physically assaulting police officers were, in fact,
Antifa or BLM activists, and plans on releasing the evid... aww hell, nevermind.    :laugh:
Yeah, I went there, too, and hope he's busy setting a rhetorical trap for the CIs, informants, instigators, and other Feds and employees who I believe led the way and did the most damage. If he could prove that the event was orchestrated and instigated and even perpetrated by people on the federal payroll who did this at the behest of higher-ups, it might peel the hide off a conspiracy to discredit Trump and permit those actors to be branded as terrorists.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

No! It's not news that ANY prominent conservative is under a microscope 24/7/365 but no Communist AKA Democrat ever is. THAT is the problem! @Right_in_Virginia

@Bigun

The reason this is big news is because a "prominent conservatve" publicly, voluntarily and eloquently  gave support to one of the two great lies in the democrat J6 narrative.  "Terrorism" is is the part the DOJ still uses to harrass any and all --- and will include to indict, literally and figuratively, Trump and his supporters.

Yes, and I'll grant you that all the Cruz haters and staunch Trump supporters are enjoying this.  Cruz's career is over leaving one less  conservative in Congress.  As I stated earlier ... the last Republican left remaining will finally need to turn off the lights.  It won't be long.  With Cruz now being cast aside, who does the GOP have left?  Paul? Hawley?  Greene?  Jordan?  Certainly not many in number to make a darn bit of difference and they will be picked off one by one.

Sure Cruz chose his words, I get that, but Cruz tried to do what was right with his objection and soon he'll be paying a very high political price.

Whether or not Senator Cruz remains a voice in the Senate is up to Cruz.  Whether or not he is reelected in 2024 is up to Cruz and Texas @libertybele   

He's only effed up his slim chance for a successful run for President.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 09:49:14 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

He needs to find the evidence ---  fast @DCPatriot

Offline LegalAmerican

He DOES choose his words carefully --- always.   That's the problem here.

@mystery-ak

I agree.  TRUTH..is hard to digest for a lot of people.  He is plain speaking.  No P.C. JUST THE..TRUTH.  --
-----------
..This, according to Democrat and long-time Manhattan borough president Andrew Stein. Seems like weaponizing the concept of racism is going to eventually result in that term becoming meaningless. They're well on their way to doing that with Trump. Here is what Stein had to say about Trump:

"Donald Trump is no racist. I have known him since 1973 and have never seen any indication or any form of racism. In fact, quite the contrary.

When I was Manhattan Borough president and president of the New York City Council, I asked him numerous times to help black or Hispanic groups, and he always came through, many times without publicity. When a hurricane ravished Puerto Rico in the mid 1980s, I asked many big companies to give various forms of assistance — but the problem was how to get all of this aid down to Puerto Rico. I called Donald Trump, and he provided us with a 727 jet to take all of the donated material down to the island, and he didn't ask for any publicity for that generous act.
My friend, Rev. Floyd Flake, the minister of the largest black church in Queens, asked for some help for his senior center. Again, I called Donald Trump and he wrote a big check.
One day I met an African American woman on the street with her two adorable young kids. She was homeless, and I gave her some money — and then asked Donald to get her into some low-income housing in Queens. He came through, and did so without any fanfare.
When President Trump recently attacked Congressman Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), he was not doing so because Rep. Cummings is black but because the president is a counter-puncher. And he is right that Cummings has been a congressman for 22 years and that Baltimore, part of which is in his congressional district, is a mess. The city has gotten worse during his tenure: more poverty, more drugs and more crime."

Offline LegalAmerican

@Bigun

The reason this is big news is because a "prominent conservatve" publicly, voluntarily and eloquently  gave support to one of the two great lies in the democrat J6 narrative.  "Terrorism" is is the part the DOJ still uses to harrass any and all --- and will include to indict, literally and figuratively, Trump and his supporters.

Libertybelle STILL thinks Cruz is a conservative..... :silly:

Online corbe

As do I and quite a few other Briefers here @LegalAmerican It is only you Trumpers and dems that question Ted's Conservative bonafides for your own misguided reasons.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LegalAmerican

HOW can you still believe he is a conservative...calling PATRIOT'S TERRORISTS?  YOU ARE A TERRORIST.  You want to talk about Trump supporters?  Ted just resorted to his real persona.  It seems you can't accept that.  POTUS TRUMP has been the same for over 50 years!   He loves America.  He works for free, to help America prosper.  FREEDOM.
BILL OF RIGHTS.

Offline LegalAmerican

As do I and quite a few other Briefers here @LegalAmerican It is only you Trumpers and dems that question Ted's Conservative bonafides for your own misguided reasons.

:silly:  I am misguided?   :silly:   WWW.MAGAPILL.COM

Offline LegalAmerican

In last night's interview Cruz said he was referring to those who assault cops as terrorists.  It sounded so absurd both we audibly groaned when he said it and neither one of us could remember a time when he referred to cop killers or attackers as "terrorists".

Well ....... Jan 6, according to Cruz, has always been a terrorist attack and assault on our democratic system .....

He is siding with DEMON-RATS.  We are NOT A DEMOCRACY!  He even uses their WRONG WORDS.   WE ARE A REPUBLIC.  TWO DIFFERENT WAYS TO GOVERN.  He should know better, being an attorney and "WORD CRAFTER."

Online libertybele

Actually you'll soon find out that the joke's on you @LegalAmerican

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

HOW can you still believe he is a conservative...calling PATRIOT'S TERRORISTS?  YOU ARE A TERRORIST.  You want to talk about Trump supporters?  Ted just resorted to his real persona.  It seems you can't accept that.  POTUS TRUMP has been the same for over 50 years!   He loves America.  He works for free, to help America prosper.  FREEDOM.
BILL OF RIGHTS.

Calling me a terrorist?? Ok, well, fair game.  I'll now say what I've felt for quite awhile; you @LegalAmerican  are a freakin' lunatic!

Offline rustynail

Calling me a terrorist?? Ok, well, fair game.  I'll now say what I've felt for quite awhile; you @LegalAmerican  are a freakin' lunatic!

'I Think We're All Bozos on This Bus'..

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

Offline LegalAmerican

lol. Ted Cruz called you that.  It does confirm your lefty side, that you don't understand that.  HE CALLED YOU THAT.  Unless you DON'T consider yourself to be a PATRIOT?   Not I.  Reading comprehension problems? 

I am done. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

That is the old Ted Cruz we conservatives admired before the beard.

What we have right now looks more like the Dos Equis salesman.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 11:19:10 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Given the consensus in this forum, which I believe to be indicative of the vast majority of Trump supporters in this country, I'd say that his political career is absolutely over.

@libertybele

I don't think so. I think his current seat is his for as long as he wants it.

I also think any plans he MIGHT have ever had of sitting in the Oval Office just went up in smoke,though.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!