Author Topic: Groveling Ted Cruz fails to convince Tucker Carlson that calling Jan. 6 'violent terrorist attack' w  (Read 4392 times)

Offline dfwgator

@libertybele

I don't think so. I think his current seat is his for as long as he wants it.

I also think any plans he MIGHT have ever had of sitting in the Oval Office just went up in smoke,though.

Ted is fine right where he is.

Online libertybele

@libertybele

I also think any plans he MIGHT have ever had of sitting in the Oval Office just went up in smoke,though.

I didn't see him running anyways, but I agree, he won't win the oval office.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

@libertybele

:thumbsup:

Online libertybele

lol. Ted Cruz called you that.  It does confirm your lefty side, that you don't understand that.  HE CALLED YOU THAT.  Unless you DON'T consider yourself to be a PATRIOT?   Not I.  Reading comprehension problems? 

I am done.

I apologize @LegalAmerican for lowering myself to your standards.  It definitely will not happen again.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I am/was a Cruz supporter but I have to agree Cruz did not help himself last night..Tucker was all over him and he sure didn't believe him...I will give Cruz kudos for showing up and taking the heat...

Tucker said, and I quote, "I  don't believe you."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@LegalAmerican we DO NOT CALL FELLOW MEMBERS TERRORISTS....see you in a few days.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Tucker said, and I quote, "I  don't believe you."

That was so brutally honest and quite frankly Cruz wasn't believable.  Cruz generally says what he means ... when Cruz stated that, "What I meant to say"... at that point his trying to redeem himself failed.

Again, I'll wait to see what Cruz does from here.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN’s Stelter: Cruz Groveling to Tucker Proves Carlson Is the ‘New Donald Trump’

Pam Key 7 Jan 2022

CNN’s chief media correspondent Brian Stelter said Friday on “Newsroom” that Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) begging for forgiveness from Tucker Carlson is evidence the Fox News host is the new Donald Trump.

Stelter said, “Cruz folded like a paper airplane. I think what it shows is the Republican messaging about being tough on crime, which is something that’s gone back decades that Cruz was trying to lean into, has come up against this denial of the January 6 crime. So you have Tucker Carlson trying to take a position that what we saw with our own eyes didn’t really happen. Not that many police officers were injured, even though some of the officers that were attacked that day still can’t get back to work because the injuries were so severe. But Carlson’s in such profound denial about that, that he has to put on this performance and Cruz, absolutely begged for forgiveness.”

He continued, “About a year ago, media reporters like yours truly start started to say Tucker Carlson is the new Donald Trump. I’ve never seen a bit of proof better than this. This is the ultimate example of Tucker Carlson’s power. He essentially now runs the GOP media.”

Stelter added, “As we think about the midterms in 2024, there’s going to be a Tucker Carlson primary and you just saw what it’s going to be like. It’s going to be this kind of obsession with sticking to the party orthodoxy and denying the reality of the riot.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/01/07/cnns-stelter-cruz-groveling-to-tucker-proves-carlson-is-the-new-donald-trump/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
That was so brutally honest and quite frankly Cruz wasn't believable.  Cruz generally says what he means ... when Cruz stated that, "What I meant to say"... at that point his trying to redeem himself failed.

Again, I'll wait to see what Cruz does from here.

As will I. I am disappointed in Senator Cruz, but I hardly think this is the end of his political career. He messed up, but is still needed in the Senate.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Catfish observes:
"That might be Ted's fatal mistake.  Close to 0% of his base watch MSNBC or CNN.  When he finally gets to do some damage control, Tucker Carlson bitch slaps him into a rattled mess.  Always considered Cruz a pretty savvy politican, but he sure fell asleep at the switch on this gaffe."

I'd rather have Mr. Carlson as my senator, than Mr. Cruz...

Online libertybele

CNN’s Stelter: Cruz Groveling to Tucker Proves Carlson Is the ‘New Donald Trump’

Pam Key 7 Jan 2022

CNN’s chief media correspondent Brian Stelter said Friday on “Newsroom” that Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) begging for forgiveness from Tucker Carlson is evidence the Fox News host is the new Donald Trump.

Stelter said, “Cruz folded like a paper airplane. I think what it shows is the Republican messaging about being tough on crime, which is something that’s gone back decades that Cruz was trying to lean into, has come up against this denial of the January 6 crime. So you have Tucker Carlson trying to take a position that what we saw with our own eyes didn’t really happen. Not that many police officers were injured, even though some of the officers that were attacked that day still can’t get back to work because the injuries were so severe. But Carlson’s in such profound denial about that, that he has to put on this performance and Cruz, absolutely begged for forgiveness.”

He continued, “About a year ago, media reporters like yours truly start started to say Tucker Carlson is the new Donald Trump. I’ve never seen a bit of proof better than this. This is the ultimate example of Tucker Carlson’s power. He essentially now runs the GOP media.”

Stelter added, “As we think about the midterms in 2024, there’s going to be a Tucker Carlson primary and you just saw what it’s going to be like. It’s going to be this kind of obsession with sticking to the party orthodoxy and denying the reality of the riot.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/01/07/cnns-stelter-cruz-groveling-to-tucker-proves-carlson-is-the-new-donald-trump/

I wasn't quite thinking of Carlson as politician, but he does definitely dominates the GOP media. I would venture to say that there are probably some liberals that will be tuning in from now on.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hannah Bleau 7 Jan 2022

Connecticut’s Department of Health is now asking nursing homes — homes to some of the most vulnerable — to accept coronavirus-positive patients.

The new guidance, released Thursday, January 6, details the expectations the department has for nursing homes when dealing with admissions. While the Health Department previously required transferred patients to test negative for the virus within 48 hours before going to a long-term care facility, that requirement is now null and void.

“Hospitalized patients should be discharged from acute care whenever clinically indicated, regardless of COVID-19 status,” Public Health Commissioner Dr. Manisha Juthani wrote in the memo:

Meeting criteria for discontinuation of isolation precautions (also known as transmission-based precautions) is not a prerequisite for discharge from a hospital. PAC providers should be equipped to safely care for individuals with active COVID-19 who are ready for discharge from acute care.
    Vaccination status of an individual should not influence decisions about hospital discharge or PAC admission.
    Discharge should not be held due to a pending SARS-CoV-2 test, as receiving PAC providers should now have quarantine policies in place based on COVID-19 vaccination status.
    If testing is requested before transfer, no more than a single test for SARS-CoV-2 infection within 48 hours of transfer to PAC should be required for admission to the PAC setting. Any type of diagnostic SARS-CoV-2 test available should be acceptable.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/07/connecticut-asks-nursing-homes-accept-coronavirus-positive-patients/
Support the USO

Offline LMAO

As do I and quite a few other Briefers here @LegalAmerican It is only you Trumpers and dems that question Ted's Conservative bonafides for your own misguided reasons.

Trump is a populist vs a conservative. He does have a history in believing in more government solutions to issues.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

Ted is fine right where he is.

Agree.

We don't need another Senator becoming president
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

Agree.

We don't need another Senator becoming president

I didn't realize so many Senators had become president; 16 in all.  Most recently JFK and Obama went directly from the Senate to the oval office.

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/common/briefing/senators_became_president.htm

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Pam Key 7 Jan 2022

@mystery-ak

CNN’s chief media correspondent Brian Stelter is on industrial-strength mind-altering drugs.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Killer Clouds

@mystery-ak

CNN’s chief media correspondent Brian Stelter is on industrial-strength mind-altering drugs.
It wouldn't do any good. It doesn't have a mind.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Calling me a terrorist?? Ok, well, fair game.  I'll now say what I've felt for quite awhile; you @LegalAmerican  are a freakin' lunatic!

LA's a useful idiot.  Calling LB a terrorist should earn her a well needed time out.  I hope the Mods oblige.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

LA's a useful idiot.  Calling LB a terrorist should earn her a well needed time out.  I hope the Mods oblige.

I believe you got your wish:  https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,457992.msg2559609.html#msg2559609
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Mesaclone

You hit the nail on the head.  Non-Trump conservatives  hold their politicans accountable.  Trump fanatic faction?  Not so much

This is simply untrue. I imagine you'd consider me to be a "Trump fanatic" and yet I hold him and EVERY politician accountable no less than you do. Ya might need a new meme.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This is simply untrue. I imagine you'd consider me to be a "Trump fanatic" and yet I hold him and EVERY politician accountable no less than you do. Ya might need a new meme.

My apologies...

Is this better? (And I won't name names)

(Most in the) Trump fanatic faction?  Not so much

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Mesaclone

My apologies...

Is this better? (And I won't name names)

(Most in the) Trump fanatic faction?  Not so much

I really don't understand why someone would choose to like one of these guys and dislike the other. The party needs Trump AND Cruz, despite both occasionally saying something stupid and self defeating. In the end, one is the charismatic voice of conservatism in this country...and the other is the intellectual idealist who strives to steer the party on a solidly conservative path while destroying Dem/Commies in congressional and media debates. I like both men and see both their value and their flaws...and I think most Trump voters, and Cruz supporters...see the same.

Cruz's political career is far from over, though his recent dumb comments are clearly a setback for his ambitions. He will come back from this, and his Tucker Carlson experience will help shape his commentary and tactical political positioning going forward. In the long run, that's a good thing...though he's going to feel some pain in the near term (as he should, what he said was wrong).
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline corbe

I really don't understand why someone would choose to like one of these guys and dislike the other. The party needs Trump AND Cruz, despite both occasionally saying something stupid and self defeating. In the end, one is the charismatic voice of conservatism in this country...and the other is the intellectual idealist who strives to steer the party on a solidly conservative path while destroying Dem/Commies in congressional and media debates. I like both men and see both their value and their flaws...and I think most Trump voters, and Cruz supporters...see the same.

Cruz's political career is far from over, though his recent dumb comments are clearly a setback for his ambitions. He will come back from this, and his Tucker Carlson experience will help shape his commentary and tactical political positioning going forward. In the long run, that's a good thing...though he's going to feel some pain in the near term (as he should, what he said was wrong).

:thumbsup:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Paint me in more of the corner of "none of the above".   There is nothing cast in stone that we have to accept either one.  You have very eloquently acknowldeged their shortfalls.  Don't you think  we can do better?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Paint me in more of the corner of "none of the above".   There is nothing cast in stone that we have to accept either one.  You have very eloquently acknowldeged their shortfalls. Don't you think  we can do better?

@catfish1957

I am not the one you addressed this to,but as to the question "Don't you think we can do better?",MY answer is a resounding "NO!"

Our alleged Republic is now so corrupt after decades of "insider to benefit insider" plays that we are damn lucky to even have people like Trump and Cruz to step up to the plate and accept the responsibility of cleaning up the human septic tank that US "government" has become.

And let us face the REALITY of the job,which is that no one man or woman on Earth is capable of cleaning out all that trash and making the wrongs right,even if they get TWO terms in the Oval Office.

Our goobermint is just too freaking corrupt,and they will fight correcting it every step of the way because it has made them and their families millionaires that are above arrest.

MY pick is Trump because his ego and how he goes down in the history books are the most important thing in the world to him. This alone makes him more qualified to occupy the Oval Office that any candidate in my lifetime.

He can't be threatened and he can't be bribed,because there is nothing in this world more important to him than how he goes down in the history books.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 06:11:34 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!