Author Topic: Groveling Ted Cruz fails to convince Tucker Carlson that calling Jan. 6 'violent terrorist attack' w  (Read 4459 times)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Rafael Eduardo Cruz does what he believes will save him in the current, immediate political moment.

For the here and now, Cancun Eddie feels it is a benefit to his political fortunes, today, to risk the ire of the Trump base.  That will change tomorrow, but tomorrow is not today.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

Some have speculated~BS

The Real Problem With Ted Cruz’s Remarks

by JD Rucker  January 10, 2022 in Podcasts

<..snip..>

Some have speculated about what he was trying to accomplish. I don’t think he was trying to accomplish anything for himself, at least not by saying what he said. Instead, I believe he was either bribed (likely) or blackmailed into doing the bidding of the Republican Establishment, and more specifically the GOPe mega-donors who support RINOs and hate President Trump.

By “bribed,” I’m not saying he was paid off. He was bribed with the promise that if he invokes the word “terrorist” and steers the conversation the way they want it steered, then they would back him for the 2024 presidential nomination after they get Trump out of the way. What they didn’t tell him, or at least what he didn’t expect, is that he essentially ended any hope of being the nominee in the foreseeable future by causing such a stir with his words.

It’s conspicuous that he said it twice. I think that was a prerequisite of the demands made of him. They needed to get one of the most conservative lawmakers on Capitol Hill to echo the “bipartisan” talking point that January 6 was really, really bad. That will go along with others pointing the finger at Trump for all of it occurring. They want him out of the way and they used Ted Cruz to try to make it happen.

https://noqreport.com/2022/01/10/the-real-problem-with-ted-cruzs-remarks/

This is pure speculation and something that had entered my mind as I stated perhaps he may have gone along with the DEM narrative rather than resist.  That possibility by the MSM and others keeps getting repeated.

The Cruz that I have watched and have researched has spent his entire life defending liberty. IF indeed he gave in to liberalism I would be surprised. He spent 4 years sticking his neck out and defending Trump and I just don't see him turning tail. He defended Trump not for political reasons, but because he agreed with him.

We'll see what his next move is. IF indeed 'they' finally got to him, I anticipate that he will step down as his conscience will get the best of him.  After all, his statement vote your conscience is what tarnished his reputation for many.  I think it took extreme integrity to go before thousands of viewers and Trump audience to give his brutally honest opinion. He was absolutely right.  If we cannot let our conscience be our guide and do what we feel is right and retain our integrity, we have nothing.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GrouchoTex

I really don't understand why someone would choose to like one of these guys and dislike the other. The party needs Trump AND Cruz, despite both occasionally saying something stupid and self defeating. In the end, one is the charismatic voice of conservatism in this country...and the other is the intellectual idealist who strives to steer the party on a solidly conservative path while destroying Dem/Commies in congressional and media debates. I like both men and see both their value and their flaws...and I think most Trump voters, and Cruz supporters...see the same.

Cruz's political career is far from over, though his recent dumb comments are clearly a setback for his ambitions. He will come back from this, and his Tucker Carlson experience will help shape his commentary and tactical political positioning going forward. In the long run, that's a good thing...though he's going to feel some pain in the near term (as he should, what he said was wrong).

Well done.

Offline libertybele

Rafael Eduardo Cruz does what he believes will save him in the current, immediate political moment.

For the here and now, Cancun Eddie feels it is a benefit to his political fortunes, today, to risk the ire of the Trump base.  That will change tomorrow, but tomorrow is not today.

Definitely disagree. Like the man or not, he has integrity, something that is missing from most in Congress.  IF he has traded his integrity for his political career, I'd be surprised.

I have absolutely given Cruz the benefit of the doubt and as I have stated a couple of times, I'm waiting to see what he does next.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

WADR, do we really need to keep up the gratuitous name-calling?  Ok, we get it, you don't like Cruz.

Offline berdie

If Ted somehow accomplishes tying the 'Terrorist' of J6 to the FBI, in his ability as a US Senator, a lot of people around here are gonna have egg on their face.

It's always the LONG Game.

I agree with this. I really think that is who he was referring to. But he can't name names yet...if ever. There is no proof...yet, and may never be. Why he came out with the statement before proof beats me.

This reminds me of when Trump said "there were some good people in the crowd in Charlottesville".  And in reality, there were.

*Sure I'm a diehard, BUT you knew that.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Notice Cruz didn't mention anything in his newest podcast about this gaffe. 

Not that he overflowing with courage.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

Notice Cruz didn't mention anything in his newest podcast about this gaffe. 

Not that he overflowing with courage.

I've only seen a couple of his podcasts that have been linked here by other posters.

As far as courage?? It took the utmost courage to stand before thousands and proclaim "vote your conscience".  It took the utmost courage to go before the Senate and tell the truth about how McConnell lied. 

I find it so interesting that so many give other 'politicians' a free pass on just about every issue, but when it comes to Ted they hang him on every issue possible.

He is one of the most conservative figures we have in Congress; we lose him and we ARE going to feel it.  Perhaps we may have already, we'll soon find out.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I've only seen a couple of his podcasts that have been linked here by other posters.

As far as courage?? It took the utmost courage to stand before thousands and proclaim "vote your conscience".  It took the utmost courage to go before the Senate and tell the truth about how McConnell lied. 

I find it so interesting that so many give other 'politicians' a free pass on just about every issue, but when it comes to Ted they hang him on every issue possible.

He is one of the most conservative figures we have in Congress; we lose him and we ARE going to feel it.  Perhaps we may have already, we'll soon find out.

I have been one of Cruz' biggest supporters, but find it odd his one most controlled way to set the record straight was avoided today.

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.  I can see him saying what he did a year ago, before so much became known on this false flag operation.  Him saying it last week?  That's just either dumb, or a serious political realignment on his part.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Try getting on youtube and type in Cruz Tucker.

Tough to find that interview by Tucker of Cruz on Fox.

What you get is mostly CNN and MSNBC's spin on that interview.

They actually say what Ted said was reasonable and Tucker was the one offbase
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

I have been one of Cruz' biggest supporters, but find it odd his one most controlled way to set the record straight was avoided today.

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.  I can see him saying what he did a year ago, before so much became known on this false flag operation.  Him saying it last week?  That's just either dumb, or a serious political realignment on his part.

You make valid points. We'll see what happens.  I for one will be very surprised if this is a political realignment and if so, then he's lost his integrity.

Offline EdinVA

There isn't a sole on earth that has not said/done things they wish they hadn't... words, like bullets, can't be called back once fired...

Not going to overreact to noise..

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Try getting on youtube and type in Cruz Tucker.

Tough to find that interview by Tucker of Cruz on Fox.

What you get is mostly CNN and MSNBC's spin on that interview.

They actually say what Ted said was reasonable and Tucker was the one offbase

https://rumble.com/embed/vph6qj/?pub=4

@IsailedawayfromFR

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

If Ted somehow accomplishes tying the 'Terrorist' of J6 to the FBI, in his ability as a US Senator, a lot of people around here are gonna have egg on their face.

It's always the LONG Game.

*Sure I'm a diehard, BUT you knew that.

When he used the word terrorist it struck me, but my first inclination is he was directing that narrative at those DEMS he suspects or knows are guilty. Possibly because I'm confident that Nancy and possibly Pence setup nthe insurrection or at least we're in on it.

Obviously those words didn't go as planned. Haters had a field day with it.  Tucker gave him a chance to redeem himself but calling out Nancy wasn't the right thing to do. 

When he used the word terrorist it struck me, but my first inclination is he was directing that narrative at those DEMS he suspects or knows are guilty. Possibly because I'm confident that Nancy and possibly Pence setup nthe insurrection or at least we're in on it.

Obviously those words didn't go as planned. Haters had a field day with it.  Tucker gave him a chance to redeem himself but calling out Nancy wasn't the right thing to do.

Cruz has been referring to this as a terrorist attack since Jan 6, 2021. (His press statement and twitter statement are posted up thread)

Tucker is the first one to call Cruz out on it because it ws the first time he'd heard it and it really surprised him.  The words Cruz said are exctly the words he's been saying and the ones he meant to say ..... again.

BTW, what do you mean by "calling out Nancy Pelosi wasn't the right thing to do"?

@libertybele

Offline libertybele

Cruz has been referring to this as a terrorist attack since Jan 6, 2021. (His press statement and twitter statement are posted up thread)

Tucker is the first one to call Cruz out on it because it ws the first time he'd heard it and it really surprised him.  The words Cruz said are exctly the words he's been saying and the ones he meant to say ..... again.

BTW, what do you mean by "calling out Nancy Pelosi wasn't the right thing to do"?

@libertybele

Yes I'm aware of the video and tweets that have been posted numerous times.  Yes Cruz used the word terrorist.  I believe he was directing that word at Nancy and Co.  He sure as heck couldn't come out and accuse her without absolute proof on Carlson. If he used terrorist to go along with DEM narrative as I've stated before I would be surprised.  I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.  I get that you and others don't.

Yes I'm aware of the video and tweets that have been posted numerous times.  Yes Cruz used the word terrorist.  I believe he was directing that word at Nancy and Co.  He sure as heck couldn't come out and accuse her without absolute proof on Carlson. If he used terrorist to go along with DEM narrative as I've stated before I would be surprised.  I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt.  I get that you and others don't.

Cruz got my benefit of the doubt @libertybele  Unfortunately, his "explanation" about using terrorist to describe anyone who attacks a cop wasn't a credible one. 

BTW,  in the past few months MANY in Congress and print media have called out Pelosi for her role in the riot---repeatedly.  Cruz had the perfect opportunity to agree with them.  He chose not to.

Offline Killer Clouds

It looks like Cruz has turned to the dark side.

Offline LegalAmerican

@Right_in_Virginia

Not for as long as there is a comrade to push class envy.

Some people would still hate Trump due to him being born into wealth if Jesus himself were to come down from the heavens and endorse him.

It was recent wealth.  His grandfather came over from Europe with just a suitcase and single.  Worked in Canada a while as manager of hotel.  Went back and got his childhood sweetheart to marry and entered America.  The his son FRED was born, who made the money in REAL ESTATE.  DJT FATHER.   Fred did LOAN DJT some money, but it was paid back to FRED   from DJT.  Most would have partied, and snorted the loan away!  Squandered the loan.  DJT ....DIDN'T.  So, NOT OLD MONEY.  Hard work.

Offline LegalAmerican

lol. Ted Cruz called you that.  It does confirm your lefty side, that you don't understand that.  HE CALLED YOU THAT.  Unless you DON'T consider yourself to be a PATRIOT?   Not I.  Reading comprehension problems? 

I am done.

I got banned for about 4 days, for asking, saying was Libertybelle a 'terrorist'.  It was in context with Ted Cruz CALLING PATRIOTS....TERRORISTS.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I got banned for about 4 days, for asking, saying was Libertybelle a 'terrorist'.  It was in context with Ted Cruz CALLING PATRIOTS....TERRORISTS.

@LegalAmerican

Followed the entire conversation.  A major problem with posting and/or texting is that "context" too frequently, gets lost.

Welcome back...be careful now.   happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

Cruz got my benefit of the doubt @libertybele  Unfortunately, his "explanation" about using terrorist to describe anyone who attacks a cop wasn't a credible one. 

BTW,  in the past few months MANY in Congress and print media have called out Pelosi for her role in the riot---repeatedly.  Cruz had the perfect opportunity to agree with them.  He chose not to.

Calling out Pelosi while in Congress is much different than accusing Pelosi on national TV without proof, without her being under an on-going investigation.  I believe his words were targeted at her and those who orchestrated the ordeal; that is my opinion.

Her could have used the words, rioters, insurrectionists, thugs, violent mob, etc., and I believe he still would have been criticized. 

He has a life long reputation of fighting for freedom. Regardless of your opinion, I opt to give him the benefit of the doubt. Again, I'm waiting for his next move to pass further judgement.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 03:38:23 pm by libertybele »

Calling out Pelosi while in Congress is much different than accusing Pelosi on national TV without proof, without her being under an on-going investigation.  I believe his words were targeted at her and those who orchestrated the ordeal; that is my opinion.

@libertybele .... Pelosi has been called out both in congress and on national TV for (deliberately?) faiing in her security oversight role on Jan 6, 2021.  There have been multiple calls, by microphone and by letter, for her to release her records and untie the Sargent at Arms so he can answer questions, too.

Cruz has been exposed as being on the wrong side of the J6 issue .... and he'll ignore it hoping we will forget.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.  I can see him saying what he did a year ago, before so much became known on this false flag operation. Him saying it last week?  That's just either dumb, or a serious political realignment on his part.

@catfish1957

Maybe it is as simple as being what he truly believes to be true?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!