Author Topic: High Noon at High Court for Vax Mandate  (Read 5012 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: High Noon at High Court for Vax Mandate
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2022, 09:09:26 pm »
Supreme Court Rejects Biden’s OSHA Vaccine Mandate on Private Employers; Upholds CMS Mandate

The U.S. Supreme Court blocked President Joe Biden’s vaccine mandate on large private businesses through the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) on Thursday, but upheld a Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) mandate.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/2022/01/13/supreme-court-rejects-bidens-osha-vaccine-mandate-on-private-employers-upholds-cms-mandate/

So, could the Ceters of Medicaid and Medicare (basically Social Security) demand that anyone receiving benefits be vaccinated???
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2022, 09:11:04 pm »
I disagree, but we can leave that for another day.

Exactly, every Dept, agency and commission that ever existed was established first by congress.  Hence that delegation.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2022, 09:12:32 pm »
So, could the Ceters of Medicaid and Medicare (basically Social Security) demand that anyone receiving benefits be vaccinated???

I think these mandates apply to business (medical).  Not individuals.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2022, 09:20:07 pm »

Interesting question.  Quite possibly benefits could be predicated on vaccination status.

Again, if you let the devil pay the piper, the devil gets to call the tune.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2022, 09:20:30 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2022, 09:25:40 pm »
To read the opinion on the private workplace vaccine mandate
file:///C:/Users/airfb/AppData/Local/Temp/21a244_hgci-1.pdf

To read the opinion on the mandate for federally funded healthcare facilities
file:///C:/Users/airfb/AppData/Local/Temp/21a240_d18e.pdf

If those pdf links don't work you can get the links at the bottom of this story

https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2022/01/13/breaking-scotus-serves-up-a-brutal-defeat-for-joe-biden-on-vaccine-mandate-for-businesses-n506125
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 09:27:43 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Hoodat

« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2022, 09:52:56 pm »

According to Kavanaugh, Robert's, and the other liberals, yes.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #132 on: January 13, 2022, 10:07:33 pm »
When told the news of the SC decision Joe asked, "How did Rehnquist vote"?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2022, 10:16:16 pm »
Conservatives Rejoice After Supreme Court Strikes Down OSHA’s Vaccine Mandate: ‘A Win for the Constitution’

Conservatives rejoiced after the Supreme Court on Thursday rejected President Biden’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) vaccine mandate affecting over 84 million American workers, deeming it a “win for the Constitution.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/13/conservatives-rejoice-after-supreme-court-strikes-down-oshas-vaccine-mandate-a-win-for-the-constitution/
Support the USO

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2022, 10:49:27 pm »

And Trump, unable to resist the opportunity, said 'I don't know Joe, why don't you ask Tip O'Neill.'
The Republic is lost.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #135 on: January 13, 2022, 10:57:48 pm »

@Wingnut

Did he seriously say that?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #136 on: January 13, 2022, 11:04:36 pm »
@Wingnut

Did he seriously say that?

I wouldn't put it past him...but I do believe it was a joke.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2022, 11:06:01 pm »
And Trump, unable to resist the opportunity, said 'I don't know Joe, why don't you ask Tip O'Neill.'

Top Notch!  :beer:

Offline rustynail

« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2022, 11:08:17 pm »
White House Spokesperson Jennifer Psaki said the Biden administration would “not be deterred” by the Supreme Court decision, and all employers should immediately continue to “initiate vaccination requirements.”

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2022/01/13/white-house-calls-on-businesses-to-ignore-supreme-court-decision-on-vaccination-and-force-the-vaccine-mandate-regardless-of-constitutional-merit/

Offline libertybele

« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2022, 11:14:24 pm »
White House Spokesperson Jennifer Psaki said the Biden administration would “not be deterred” by the Supreme Court decision, and all employers should immediately continue to “initiate vaccination requirements.”

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2022/01/13/white-house-calls-on-businesses-to-ignore-supreme-court-decision-on-vaccination-and-force-the-vaccine-mandate-regardless-of-constitutional-merit/

So, it matters not to China Joe and his administration what the SCOTUS ruling is -- just ignore it. That's from Bammy and Holder's playbook.  The courts would rule and they would ignore the ruling and not comply.

The way I see that comment; China Joe is above the SCOTUS and he's telling the country that SCOTUS is irrelevant. 

So, it doesn't really matter how they rule, Joe is going to do whatever he wants.   9999hair out0000

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #140 on: January 13, 2022, 11:15:14 pm »
OSHA's vaccine mandate for private employers was struck down by the Supreme Court while the vaccine requirement for federal healthcare workers remains in place. @KILM3NY reports.  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/newsmax/status/1481721699854868495

Offline libertybele

« Reply #141 on: January 13, 2022, 11:17:14 pm »
OSHA's vaccine mandate for private employers was struck down by the Supreme Court while the vaccine requirement for federal healthcare workers remains in place. @KILM3NY reports.  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/newsmax/status/1481721699854868495

It doesn't matter -- Joe is directing employers to implement mandates anyways!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2022, 11:26:05 pm »

Sounds just like something a fascist would say.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2022, 11:27:57 pm »
Sounds just like something a fascist would say.

How do employers and employees then fight back?  They have no redress??

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2022, 11:42:44 pm »

He can do that all he wants..SCOTUS said he has no authority so it boils down to an employer's decision not the federal government...and I am betting someone will eventually sue their employer now if they mandate wearing a mask at work...
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2022, 11:49:21 pm »
He can do that all he wants..SCOTUS said he has no authority so it boils down to an employer's decision not the federal government...and I am betting someone will eventually sue their employer now if they mandate wearing a mask at work...

Let's hope so!  Mandating a mask is one thing, but mandating a vaccine injected into your arm is quite another.

« Reply #146 on: January 13, 2022, 11:54:35 pm »
I can't wait to read the legal reasoning for allowing the healthcare mandate to stand.  IF I can without twisting my mind into a pretzel!

Decision Here:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/21a244_hgci.pdf

@Bigun

« Reply #147 on: January 13, 2022, 11:57:47 pm »

It's time for Congress to step up and end this BS --- for everyone.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2022, 11:57:57 pm »
Why?

If one takes federal money, one usually gets stuck with all the conditions that come attached to that money - if the devil pays the piper, he gets to call the tune.

The mandate, as such, is apparently not within federal power, but the mandate as a string attached to federal money is; the Court has for a long time allowed Congress to impose as conditions on federal funding requirements that it could not independently impose on its own.

See link below and start on page ten:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/21a240_d18e.pdf

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2022, 11:59:29 pm »
Roberts and Kavanaugh joined liberal justices in allowing the HHS mandate on healthcare workers to stand.— Election Wizard 🇺🇸 (@ElectionWiz) January 13, 2022