Author Topic: High Noon at High Court for Vax Mandate  (Read 4948 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: High Noon at High Court for Vax Mandate
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2022, 11:57:31 pm »
According to CDC data, in the week ending Jan. 1, children under the age of 4 had 4.3 COVID-19 associated hospitalizations per 100,000. Children ages 5 to 17 had only 1.1 hospitalizations per 100,000. Both are well under the rate of 14.7 in adults over 65.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/588768-cdc-director-updates-isolation-guidance-in-effort-to-keep-schools-open
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2022, 12:30:04 am »
•Hospitals are nearing capacity (Sotomayor)

. . . because of a shortage of workers brought on by 'vaccine' [sic] mandates.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2022, 05:30:16 am »
Left-Wing SCOTUS Justices Spew COVID Misinformation To Defend Biden’s Unconstitutional Vaxx Mandate
By: Jordan Boyd
January 07, 2022

SCOTUS liberals lied that ‘hospitals are almost all full capacity’ and that more than 100,000 kids are hospitalized on ventilators with COVID.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2022/01/07/left-wing-scotus-justices-spew-covid-misinformation-to-defend-bidens-unconstitutional-vaxx-mandate/

This is the best news for stripping the credibility of this SCOTUS turd for a long time.  How can this bitch be a honest unbiased juror, when she so apt at bald face lying.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2022, 12:24:35 am »
JUST IN: Two lawyers that argued against Biden's vaccine mandate in front of the Supreme Court have tested positive for COVID.

The irony.— Aaron Parnas (@AaronParnas) January 7, 2022

They’re both triple vaxxed, proving that any mandate would be laughably ineffective and purely draconian. https://t.co/i1Wh2VYZ5Q— Jordan Schachtel @ dossier.substack.com (@JordanSchachtel) January 7, 2022

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2022, 01:27:29 am »
The thing that gets me is that while it is definitely unconstitutional, the heart of the issue is whether the Courts want to let the bureaucracy get away with the Cartman defense (respect muh Broaaahhhd Authoritah!), or actually deny them from becoming the Fourth branch of govt.

If the Courts let this crap happen, then there will be little to adjudicate, because all the FedGov has to do is say 'Broad Authority! If anything SCOTUS needs to slap this down out of mere self-preservation.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 01:29:13 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2022, 02:45:24 am »
Fact Check: Justice Sotomayor Claims Omicron ‘Just as Deadly for the Unvaccinated’ as Delta

While the omicron variant of coronavirus is highly infectious, Sotomayor was wrong: deaths and hospitalizations have been less frequent than for delta.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/2022/01/07/fact-check-justice-sotomayor-claims-omicron-just-as-deadly-for-the-unvaccinated-as-delta/

She's a f'king idiot!

She's not an idiot @mystery-ak   .... she's sticking with the administration's narrtive.  This, after all, is her job.

« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2022, 02:46:14 am »
thebradfordfile
@thebradfordfile

When Supreme Court justices start sounding like CNN hosts, you know the country is screwed.

9:20 PM · Jan 7, 2022·TweetDeck

Online libertybele

« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2022, 02:53:15 am »
The thing that gets me is that while it is definitely unconstitutional, the heart of the issue is whether the Courts want to let the bureaucracy get away with the Cartman defense (respect muh Broaaahhhd Authoritah!), or actually deny them from becoming the Fourth branch of govt.

If the Courts let this crap happen, then there will be little to adjudicate, because all the FedGov has to do is say 'Broad Authority! If anything SCOTUS needs to slap this down out of mere self-preservation.

I agree, but I don't see things ending positively; the scales of the justices are weighted liberal.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2022, 10:06:01 pm »
NEW: The court will release one or more opinions this Thursday.— SCOTUSblog (@SCOTUSblog) January 10, 2022

« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2022, 03:30:21 pm »
Emerald Robinson ✝️
@EmeraldRobinson

We are about to find out if Big Pharma owns the Supreme Court too.

Posted on 6:58 AM · Jan 13th, 2022

« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2022, 03:37:28 pm »
Just announced:  No SC decision today (Thursday).   *hmmmm*

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2022, 03:40:34 pm »
Just announced:  No SC decision today (Thursday).   *hmmmm*

Any bets on Roberts and his extortable ass involved?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2022, 03:52:43 pm »
I doubted Gorsuch the most of the new trifecta ... but he's turning out to be the bright light.

Sean Davis
@seanmdav

Insane that it took over an hour for one person in the court to note that a single unelected federal agency doesn’t have the authority to stick needles in the arms of every person on earth.

Quote Tweet

Jonathan Turley
@JonathanTurley

Justice Gorsuch is bringing the oral back to which are the “appropriate parties” for such regulations and whether Congress gave the agency this authority under the “major questions” doctrine.
More to the point, does Congress even have that authority to give?

Recall that Congress needed a Constitutional Amendment to ban consumption of alcoholic beverages, and another to reinstate them, which would indicate that for Congress to have the authority to regulate what humans consume or do not consume is a power not originally granted by the Constitution.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2022, 04:08:56 pm »
This is the best news for stripping the credibility of this SCOTUS turd for a long time.  How can this bitch be a honest unbiased juror, when she so apt at bald face lying.
She isn't unbiased.
She has been diabetic since childhood, is doubtless overweight (at least) by BMI, and those are two of the major comorbidities which place a person at risk of death with COVID. Others may apply.

Like much of the population who are living in terror and hanging on every word of COVID agitprop, she is in fear for her life from the bug. Full on raving panic mode--something the press would induce in us all, had that ship not sailed.

In her case, the caution towards the disease may well be justified, but the idea that the injections will stop people from catching or spreading the disease is not supported by the evidence, despite her belief to the contrary.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2022, 06:20:56 pm »
Any bets on Roberts and his extortable ass involved?

I'm sticking with my 6-3 prediction.  The only law in question here is the OSHA law, and there is nothing in it to justify mandatory jabbing.

Still wish though that someone would have put up an Amendment III argument.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2022, 07:02:44 pm »
My prediction is that the Court will rule 5-4 for upholding the mandate. The reasoning given will be that the health emergency trumps whatever the law actually says. And America's march to becoming a third-world banana republic will accelerate.
Let it burn.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2022, 07:36:05 pm »
My prediction is that the Court will rule 5-4 for upholding the mandate.

Which one are you thinking will defect to the Dark Side?  Kavanaugh, Roberts, or Barrett?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2022, 07:39:24 pm »
Which one are you thinking will defect to the Dark Side?  Kavanaugh, Roberts, or Barrett?

Roberts won't have to defect, he is already on the Dark Side. One of the three Trump appointees will join the leftists to make the majority. They may draw lots to pick who has to do it, for all I know.

EDIT: @Hoodat looks like you were right, they just issued a 6-3 ruling allowing the stay against the mandate to stand. Maybe we're not as advanced to banana republic-hood as I thought we were.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 07:43:00 pm by Ghost Bear »
Let it burn.

Online libertybele

« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2022, 07:40:35 pm »

Roberts for sure, probably all 3.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2022, 07:47:31 pm »
Splitting the baby.  MFers.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2022, 07:47:59 pm »
I will be stunned to lose Barrett.  But I could fathom losing Kavanaugh.  Roberts is 50-50 at best.

All three asked questions specific to the 1970 law, which cannot be defended.  Roberts is always looking at what Congress did (which in this case has been silence for half a century).  Barrett is weighing the justification for temporary action from a law that does not justify permanent action.  And Kavanaugh is a party partisan who could easily sell out the American people if his Party thought they could derive more power from it.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2022, 07:48:47 pm »
The court was divided in both cases. The court ruled 6-3 with the six conservative justices in the majority and three liberal justices dissenting in blocking the broader workplace ruling. The vote was 5-4 to allow the healthcare worker rule, with two conservatives, Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Brett Kavanaugh, joining the liberals in the majority.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2022, 07:49:10 pm »
EDIT: @Hoodat looks like you were right, they just issued a 6-3 ruling allowing the stay against the mandate to stand. Maybe we're not as advanced to banana republic-hood as I thought we were.

Pay up, people!!!!   Winner winner, chicken dinner!

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2022, 07:51:59 pm »
The court was divided in both cases. The court ruled 6-3 with the six conservative justices in the majority and three liberal justices dissenting in blocking the broader workplace ruling. The vote was 5-4 to allow the healthcare worker rule, with two conservatives, Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Brett Kavanaugh, joining the liberals in the majority.

I can't wait to read the legal reasoning for allowing the healthcare mandate to stand.  IF I can without twisting my mind into a pretzel!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien