Author Topic: High Noon at High Court for Vax Mandate  (Read 4950 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
High Noon at High Court for Vax Mandate
« on: January 05, 2022, 04:23:34 pm »
High Noon at High Court for Vax Mandate
John and Andy Schlafly

Posted: Jan 05, 2022 12:01 AM

The Supreme Court takes up the issue of vaccine mandates on Friday, holding a special hearing that is nearly unprecedented in its rushed timing.

At issue are two of Biden’s mandates. One compels the vaccination or testing of everyone who works at a 100+ employee company; the other requires vaccination of every staffer at every hospital, nursing home, or health care facility that receives funding from Medicare or Medicaid.

Will we become a country of haves and have nots concerning the Covid vaccine, whereby those who sensibly decline the vaccine are segregated in cities, schools, hospitals, and concerts? The new year has rung in a slew of new “no vaccination, no service” rules in restaurants, bars, gyms, and even maintenance work in high-rise apartments.

This is not a fight in which the Supreme Court wanted to be, just as the sheriff in the famous Western movie High Noon did not want to confront the outlaws returning on the noon train after the ringleader was released from prison. Ever since the Oscar-winning performance by Gary Cooper in that 1952 classic, its title has been synonymous with an unavoidable high-drama conflict that one side must win.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/johnandandyschlafly/2022/01/05/high-noon-at-high-court-for-vax-mandate-n2601410
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Right_in_Virginia

Re: High Noon at High Court for Vax Mandate
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 02:51:52 pm »
The show is about to begin ........

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 02:54:56 pm »
This should lead to lots of interesting readings of the tea leaves.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 02:57:12 pm »
I just pray they make the right decision.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2022, 02:58:04 pm »

:thumbsup:

And don't unduly delay handing down their decision.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2022, 03:40:34 pm »
Sorry this is so late.... but listen live here:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/oral_arguments/live.aspx

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2022, 03:50:49 pm »

We know from history, 4 squatters currently on the bench, will not.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2022, 03:51:54 pm »
High Noon had Gary Cooper.  SCOTUS is basically Pee Wee Herman
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2022, 04:03:12 pm »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2022, 04:08:11 pm »

:thumbsup:

And don't unduly delay handing down their decision.

If they do the right thing, I hope they force all those that were fired get back pay, plus other money  comensurate with Biden's ineptitude.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2022, 04:11:32 pm »
If they do the right thing, I hope they force all those that were fired get back pay, plus other money  comensurate with Biden's ineptitude.

Agreed.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2022, 04:22:08 pm »
I wish I could be optimistic, but I am not.

Any dissent about the efficacy of vaccines, and even masks, has been labelled as "misinformation", even in the instances it walks in step with the Medical Journals or raw data.

The propaganda drum has been beating loud and long, as if either made it more correct. They do not.

It is already obvious that:

The "vaccines" do not prevent infection

The "vaccines" do not prevent transmission

The vaccines do cause harm in some individuals, up to and including their deaths.

To require medical treatment that poses questionable public benefit and a very real risk of harm to the recipient, especially in cases where the individual has recovered and has naturally acquired immunity (something the vaccines have been found to reduce) is ridiculous.

That does not even address the use of fetal cell lines in the development of the shots (religious objection).
Or the possibility of preexisting medical issues which may place an individual particularly at risk of a poor outcome (medical objection).

One size does not fit all.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2022, 04:38:53 pm »
I wish I could be optimistic, but I am not.

Any dissent about the efficacy of vaccines, and even masks, has been labelled as "misinformation", even in the instances it walks in step with the Medical Journals or raw data.

The propaganda drum has been beating loud and long, as if either made it more correct. They do not.

It is already obvious that:

The "vaccines" do not prevent infection

The "vaccines" do not prevent transmission

The vaccines do cause harm in some individuals, up to and including their deaths.

To require medical treatment that poses questionable public benefit and a very real risk of harm to the recipient, especially in cases where the individual has recovered and has naturally acquired immunity (something the vaccines have been found to reduce) is ridiculous.

That does not even address the use of fetal cell lines in the development of the shots (religious objection).
Or the possibility of preexisting medical issues which may place an individual particularly at risk of a poor outcome (medical objection).

One size does not fit all.

From what I heard earlier you can't convince Justice Kaegan of any of that.  She flat out said that "we know that the best way to prevent the spread of COVID is to get vaccinated".

I'm beginning to think President Silver Alert is going to get his way on the mandate.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2022, 04:40:17 pm »
From what I heard earlier you can't convince Justice Kaegan of any of that.  She flat out said that "we know that the best way to prevent the spread of COVID is to get vaccinated".

I'm beginning to think President Silver Alert is going to get his way on the mandate.
Eff him, and his wad of jackbooted jerks, too.

If so, I WILL NOT COMPLY.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2022, 04:46:17 pm »
Been looking around, anyone seen a live feed?

Nothing at SCOTUSblog so far.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2022, 04:50:53 pm »

I thought I saw where  RiV posted an audio link somewhere?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2022, 04:55:31 pm »

Newsmax has been running it live.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2022, 05:04:40 pm »
What pi$$e$ me off is: This should be an argument over the Constitutionality of the mandate .. Not Opinions on the medical advantages or disadvantages!

Good God .. None of these so called "Supremes" are Doctors, or are they?
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2022, 05:19:49 pm »
Catturd ™
@catturd2
·
1h
Kagan and Sotomayor thinks their special feelings have something to do with the law.

What an embarrassing nightmare.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2022, 05:43:08 pm »
Supreme Court weighs vaccine rules affecting more than 80M
By MARK SHERMAN and JESSICA GRESKO

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court began hearing arguments Friday on major Biden administration work rules to bump up the nation’s vaccination rate against COVID-19 at a time of spiking coronavirus cases because of the omicron variant.

The justices were taking up the questions of whether to allow the administration to enforce a vaccine-or-testing requirement that applies to large employers and a separate vaccine mandate for most health care workers. The arguments were expected to last at least two hours.

Early in the arguments some members of the court’s conservative majority expressed skepticism for the employer rule. Justice Neil Gorsuch and Chief Justice John Roberts suggested officials had overstepped. Roberts said it’s “hard to argue” that officials had been given the power to act by Congress. Justice Amy Coney Barrett suggested that a problem with the rule was its broad scope.

But the court’s three liberal justices suggested support for the employer rule. Justice Elena Kagan said officials have shown “quite clearly that no other policy will prevent sickness and death to anywhere like the degree that this one will.” And Justice Stephen Breyer said he found it “unbelievable” that it could it be in the “public interest” to put that rule on hold. He said that on Thursday there were some 750,000 new cases in the country and that hospitals are full.

more
https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-us-supreme-court-business-health-d96c0c56d5560f89f6bdbb7284480db6
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2022, 05:44:50 pm »
Fact Check: Justice Breyer Suggests Vaccines, Masks Would Prevent 100% of Coronavirus Infections

Joel B. Pollak 7 Jan 2022

CLAIM: Vaccine mandates and masks would prevent all of the 750,000 daily new coronavirus cases in the current surge.

VERDICT: PARTLY FALSE. While vaccines and masks would prevent many cases, they do not prevent all transmission.

On Friday, the Supreme Court heard oral arguments to consider a stay against the Biden administration’s vaccine mandates on large private employers. Under the rule, enforced by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the federal government would impose a vaccine mandate for the first time, with a “mask-and-test” alternative for unvaccinated workers.

Justice Samuel Alito questioned U.S. Solicitor General Elizabeth Prelogar about whether there would be a grave danger if the Court were to mull over the various arguments for and against the mandates for several days before issuing a decision — especially given that the federal government had waited months to enforce the mandates after issuing them in November.

Prelogar admitted that the Court had the power to use an “administrative stay,” whereupon Justice Breyer intervened:

So if we delay that one day — maybe I’m wrong, and please tell me if I am — but the numbers I read is when they issued this order, there were approximately 70-something-thousand new cases every day. And yesterday, there were close to 750,000. So if we delay it a day, if it were to have effect, then 750,000 more people will have COVID who otherwise, if we didn’t delay it, would not have. I mean, I don’t doubt the power of the Court to issue a stay, I am just saying, what are the consequences of that? And if I am wrong, you better tell me I’m wrong, because that it really did make a difference.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/health/2022/01/07/fact-check-justice-breyer-suggests-vaccines-masks-would-prevent-100-of-coronavirus-infections/
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2022, 05:45:54 pm »
Wow.  Breyer is not only wrong, he's verging on giving judicial imprimatur to fascism.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2022, 05:46:06 pm »
They are heading into the weeds...all they should be considering is if it is constitutional for the federal government to issue a vaccine mandate!
Support the USO