Author Topic: Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism  (Read 4030 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Central Nova News 11/23/2021

Along with coins this Christmas, Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism

The Salvation Army wants its white donors to give it more than just money this Christmas season. Its leadership is also demanding they apologize for being racist.

It's part of a push by the Christian charitable organization to embrace the ideas of Black Lives Matter, an activist group working to, among other things, "dismantle white privilege" and "disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure."

The Salvation Army's Alexandria-based leadership has created an "International Social Justice Commission" which has developed and released a "resource" to educate its white donors, volunteers and employees called Let's Talk about Racism. It asserts Christianity is institutionally racist, calling for white Christians to repent and offer "a sincere apology" to blacks for being "antagonistic.. to black people or the culture, values and interests of the black community."

"Many have come to believe that we live in a post-racial society, but racism is very real for our brothers and sisters who are refused jobs and housing, denied basic rights and brutalized and oppressed simply because of the color of their skin," one lesson explains. "There is an urgent need for Christians to evaluate racist attitudes and practices in light of our faith, and to live faithfully in today’s world."

In an accompanying Study Guide on Racism, Salvation Army authors explain that all whites are racist, even if they don't realize it.

More: https://centralnovanews.com/stories/613274980-along-with-coins-this-christmas-salvation-army-wants-white-donors-to-offer-a-sincere-apology-for-their-racism

Offline rustynail

Offline LegalAmerican

"F. off Salvation Army." 

Offline LegalAmerican

Central Nova News 11/23/2021

Along with coins this Christmas, Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism

The Salvation Army wants its white donors to give it more than just money this Christmas season. Its leadership is also demanding they apologize for being racist.

It's part of a push by the Christian charitable organization to embrace the ideas of Black Lives Matter, an activist group working to, among other things, "dismantle white privilege" and "disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure."

The Salvation Army's Alexandria-based leadership has created an "International Social Justice Commission" which has developed and released a "resource" to educate its white donors, volunteers and employees called Let's Talk about Racism. It asserts Christianity is institutionally racist, calling for white Christians to repent and offer "a sincere apology" to blacks for being "antagonistic.. to black people or the culture, values and interests of the black community."

"Many have come to believe that we live in a post-racial society, but racism is very real for our brothers and sisters who are refused jobs and housing, denied basic rights and brutalized and oppressed simply because of the color of their skin," one lesson explains. "There is an urgent need for Christians to evaluate racist attitudes and practices in light of our faith, and to live faithfully in today’s world."

In an accompanying Study Guide on Racism, Salvation Army authors explain that all whites are racist, even if they don't realize it.

More: https://centralnovanews.com/stories/613274980-along-with-coins-this-christmas-salvation-army-wants-white-donors-to-offer-a-sincere-apology-for-their-racism

C.R.T. BALONEY.  We are now a communist country.  ALL DONORS.....STOP. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
There goes another organization off my list of places to possibly donate money.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

:bingo:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
90% of Liberals are White People.
I will apologize for being magnificent as soon as they do.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DB

"It asserts Christianity is institutionally racist, calling for white Christians to repent and offer "a sincere apology" to blacks for being "antagonistic.. to black people or the culture, values and interests of the black community.""

Wow...

The world really has been turned upside down... That was the only charity that I trusted... And that is done...

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Can't count how many times I've slotted $20's and $50's in the red kettle through the years.

Suckers can ring till their arms fall off as far as I am concerned now.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Can't count how many times I've slotted $20's and $50's in the red kettle through the years.

Suckers can ring till their arms fall off as far as I am concerned now.

Don't know that I've ever dropped a 50, but lots of 20s over the years.

Well that's over now.
James 1:20

Online Hoodat

Yep.  Get woke, go broke.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

That makes two of us!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Dear Salvation Army,with all due respect,ESAD.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Kamaji

Yup. 

Offline roamer_1

That's right. I have supported them in the past, but no longer... To include the bell ringers.

Full stop. Zero.

Offline DB

Nearly all the anchors of life have been unmoored in the last several years.

Total upheaval can't be far off...

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I have already given to the bell ringers a couple of times... 9999hair out0000
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Nearly all the anchors of life have been unmoored in the last several years.

Total upheaval can't be far off...

@DB

I honestly believe this is all a part of their master plan. The voters memories don't seem to last very long,and the very INSTANT a Republican President is elected,the Dims will start blaming the collapse on him. They OWN the popular media,so who is going to counter their accussations?

This has been in the works for decades.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Idiot

I’ve been a long time supporter of the Salvation Army.  They’ve done an amazing work locally.  I’ll be danged if I’ll quit supporting them because of one random article.  I’ll contact our local Salvation Army to see their views on this.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Yep.  Get woke, go broke.
Another Woke Joke! To hell with all those guys. Soros can pay them.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DB

I’ve been a long time supporter of the Salvation Army.  They’ve done an amazing work locally.  I’ll be danged if I’ll quit supporting them because of one random article.  I’ll contact our local Salvation Army to see their views on this.

I didn't believe it either and searched for confirmation and there is... It is true...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jun/24/salvation-army-going-woke-anti-racism-document/

Offline mountaineer

Get woke, go broke.
We should write that on a dollar bill-sized piece of paper and drop it in the kettle.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

They will never get a dime from me.

Offline LegalAmerican

We should write that on a dollar bill-sized piece of paper and drop it in the kettle.

:thumbsup: