Author Topic: Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism  (Read 4028 times)

Offline libertybele

I've printed and folded them so I might easily drop them in the kettle. Unfortunately, there's no kettle yet at my Kroger.

I copied into Word and stretched the page out a bit to make them a little larger -- I don't think the bell ringers will be paying all that much attention.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

I've printed and folded them so I might easily drop them in the kettle. Unfortunately, there's no kettle yet at my Kroger.

I can't wait to drop some in the kettles around town!

Offline Kamaji

I copied into Word and stretched the page out a bit to make them a little larger -- I don't think the bell ringers will be paying all that much attention.

They probably won't; it'll be when they get back to base, and think they've got a bucket stuffed with goodies, and then realize that some of it is CRT paper.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
They probably won't; it'll be when they get back to base, and think they've got a bucket stuffed with goodies, and then realize that some of it is CRT paper.

I plan to drop them into an envelope and have those in my purse so I'll be prepared for the times when I encounter a bell ringer.

As for the groceries I buy for the specific purpose of placing them in the barrel to be picked up by SA, those will go directly to my food bank from now on, along with cash donations. It won't be quite as convenient as it once was, but I refuse to sow into an organization that's double-minded, so the trade-off will be worth it.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online mountaineer

As for the groceries I buy for the specific purpose of placing them in the barrel to be picked up by SA, those will go directly to my food bank from now on, along with cash donations. It won't be quite as convenient as it once was, but I refuse to sow into an organization that's double-minded, so the trade-off will be worth it.
Good thinking. There are plenty of other worthy recipients of our donations.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Good thinking. There are plenty of other worthy recipients of our donations.

That there are, including veterans' organizations and childrens' organizations.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Salvation Army pushes back on criticism against guide urging white people to ‘apologize’ for racism
November 28, 2021 | Ashley Hill

On Thursday, The Salvation Army back-peddled on a recently issued internal guide that urged staff members to “stop denying the existence of individual and systemic/institutional racism” after receiving heavy criticism for the material that pushed ideas congruent with critical race theory.

The organization known for its bell ringers collecting donations in red kettles outside of storefronts during the Christmas season issued a statement to combat what they called “false claims” about the organization’s beliefs and defended their “Let’s Talk About Racism” guide by asserting that they had “done their best to provide accurate information.”

In the same breath, they withdrew the guide for “appropriate review.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/11/28/salvation-army-pushes-back-on-criticism-against-guide-urging-white-people-to-apologize-for-racism-1168792/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
St. Jude's for me.  Piss on the SA till they get get their mind right.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Right_in_Virginia

St. Jude's is one of the best and most compasionate groups on the planet.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Salvation Army pushes back on criticism against guide urging white people to ‘apologize’ for racism
November 28, 2021 | Ashley Hill

On Thursday, The Salvation Army back-peddled on a recently issued internal guide that urged staff members to “stop denying the existence of individual and systemic/institutional racism” after receiving heavy criticism for the material that pushed ideas congruent with critical race theory.

The organization known for its bell ringers collecting donations in red kettles outside of storefronts during the Christmas season issued a statement to combat what they called “false claims” about the organization’s beliefs and defended their “Let’s Talk About Racism” guide by asserting that they had “done their best to provide accurate information.”

In the same breath, they withdrew the guide for “appropriate review.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/11/28/salvation-army-pushes-back-on-criticism-against-guide-urging-white-people-to-apologize-for-racism-1168792/
What infuriates me is that they believe only whites are racists and there is no such thing as 'systemic racism' by anyone but whites.

The contested guide was the product of the Salvation Army International Social Justice Commission and asked white people to “lament, repent and apologize for biases or racist ideologies held and actions committed” and stop being “color blind.”
International Social Justice Commission?  Why did they construct that and why does any donations go to that effort?
That is a liberal talking point, and certainly not within the mission statement of SA.

It is whites that contribute the bulk of donations to the SA, and the bulk of those donations winds up in the hands of non-whites.

Color me skeptical they meant anything but to condemn those making the most difference to SA.

I will never donate a dime to them again.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 12:37:06 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
St. Jude's is one of the best and most compasionate groups on the planet.

Amen! 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

From the phamphlet:

Well, that lost me right there.
There are groups of physical characteristics which are common to specific races, and those characteristics are expressions of genetic makeup.
So, wrong, no matter how those characteristics are defined in individual cultures.
This is just more of that Woke-assed nonsense being slathered about.

Either the SA cleans house, gets back to being what it was, or it will go the way of the Red Cross on my donation list (off it, permanently). I'll give them a couple of years o think about it.
In the upper echelons of society many people must keep up the pretense that all humans are identical except for skin color.
It's patently obvious we're not, but anybody not with the program is called a racist and is ostracized. Like the great scientist James Watson who is now persona non grata in much of the scientific community for stating the truth that the chances of finding super intelligent black Africans are pretty slim. It's still not considered alright to state that blacks from west Africa and east Africa have natural advantages over everybody else in sports that favor speedy athletes and long distance races respectively.
 Likewise, east Asians who are smaller on average than people of  European or African descent are rare in sports favoring large size for success.
The pretense must go on  that all humans are equal. I strongly suspect that the virtue signalers in high places know the truth and also know that telling the truth will crash their careers. Few are as brave as Watson. Too bad...we need more truth tellers.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Wingnut

YES,YES!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

No "until"'s in my vocabulary. My grudges are legendary.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Ugh ... I don't need some woke limousine liberal educating me about racism.  I got a front seat view during the Forced Busing in Boston in the 1970s.

See, my newly woke brethren, not all white people are created equal.

I am white by accident of birth.  There is nothing I can do to change it.

It is racist to think that all whites are born into the same level of privilege.  We are not a single tribe or country club.

I am not a Kennedy.  I don't have a $300 Million trust fund to sponge off.  I don't have a legacy admission to an Ivy League university.  If I got caught cheating on a final exam, my family would not be able to buy the university's absolution by donating the Kennedy School of Government to it.  I cannot kill women and get away with it.

When Obama was elected, I knew we still weren't a post-racial society.  The only people who believed that were the white, suburban, limousine liberal, Ive League elitists on Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket who had one black friend in college.

Stop blaming me for the Democratic Party's failure to deliver on its promises to its minority constituents.

Will you woke-bleep still take my money even though is has pictures of white, racist, genocidal, mysogynist, heterosexual Christian males of Western European descent on the front?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I dug and found out the leaders of the US Salvation Army who apparently led it to this fiasco are COMMISSIONERS KENNETH G. AND JOLENE K. HODDER, appointed to that role in 2020.

Kenneth Hodder is a Harvard graduate of law and Jolene has written a book entitled Walking in White

They spent most of their career in Kenya so I suppose they needed to bring back to the US their own stern precepts of how we should not be engaging in being racists.

Likely a self-emulution it appears.

The SA is not well-served.

https://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/who-we-are/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Kamaji

I dug and found out the leaders of the US Salvation Army who apparently led it to this fiasco are COMMISSIONERS KENNETH G. AND JOLENE K. HODDER, appointed to that role in 2020.

Kenneth Hodder is a Harvard graduate of law and Jolene has written a book entitled Walking in White

They spent most of their career in Kenya so I suppose they needed to bring back to the US their own stern precepts of how we should not be engaging in being racists.

Likely a self-emulution it appears.

The SA is not well-served.

https://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/who-we-are/

Good find.

Online Polly Ticks

This is really disappointing. I wish I hadn't already donated to the kettles a couple of times this weekend.  **nononono*
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No "until"'s in my vocabulary. My grudges are legendary.

@catfish1957

You just can't go wrong with St. Judes.

Or Feline Hope,if you like animals. I say "Feline Hope" because dogs seem to have more fans than cats,thus more people contribute to dog charities.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Salvation Army Withdraws Controversial Guide, Which Urged Donors to ‘Repent’ for Racism

The Salvation Army’s International Social Justice Commission has withdrawn a controversial guidance on race, which urged donors to offer a “sincere apology” and ask for forgiveness for white supremacy and white-dominated culture after its contents went viral. However, despite originally issuing the guidance, which urged donors to “lament, repent and apologize for biases or racist ideologies held and actions committed,” the charitable organization denies the word-for-word reports on the contents of the guide, describing them as “simply false.”

Hannah Bleau29 Nov 2021, 12:48 PM PST

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/29/salvation-army-withdraws-controversial-guide-urged-donors-repent-racism/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Salvation Army Withdraws Controversial Guide, Which Urged Donors to ‘Repent’ for Racism

The Salvation Army’s International Social Justice Commission has withdrawn a controversial guidance on race, which urged donors to offer a “sincere apology” and ask for forgiveness for white supremacy and white-dominated culture after its contents went viral. However, despite originally issuing the guidance, which urged donors to “lament, repent and apologize for biases or racist ideologies held and actions committed,” the charitable organization denies the word-for-word reports on the contents of the guide, describing them as “simply false.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/29/salvation-army-withdraws-controversial-guide-urged-donors-repent-racism/

They may have withdrawn a certain physical publication, but unless they get rid of the mentality that led to its publication in the first place, this is not a fix, it's just gaslighting.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I'd call that tripling down on uttter stupidity......

Instead of denouncing the practice, they've reworded it, which actually makes it worse and more condescending.   Do they really think the donating populus is that stupid?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
I'd call that tripling down on uttter stupidity......

Instead of denouncing the practice, they've reworded it, which actually makes it worse and more condescending.   Do they really think the donating populus is that stupid?

So they are now frauds and liars? Nice combination. I’ll take my (racist) money somewhere else.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
So they are now frauds and liars? Nice combination. I’ll take my (racist) money somewhere else.

Yep! They crapped in their nest and will have to live with it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I got a little something I could put into a little bag and offer them,but not sure they would appreciate it.

Fresh,too.