Author Topic: Woodward book: Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took top-secret action to protect nuclear weap  (Read 50125 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'm putting a link to the UCMJ below should anyone here wish to look at it.

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?path=/prelim@title10/subtitleA/part2/chapter47&edition=prelim
Like:
§894. Art. 94. Mutiny or sedition

(a) Any person subject to this chapter who—

(1) with intent to usurp or override lawful military authority, refuses, in concert with any other person, to obey orders or otherwise do his duty or creates any violence or disturbance is guilty of mutiny;

(2) with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of lawful civil authority, creates, in concert with any other person, revolt, violence, or other disturbance against that authority is guilty of sedition;

(3) fails to do his utmost to prevent and suppress a mutiny or sedition being committed in his presence, or fails to take all reasonable means to inform his superior commissioned officer or commanding officer of a mutiny or sedition which he knows or has reason to believe is taking place, is guilty of a failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition.

(b) A person who is found guilty of attempted mutiny, mutiny, sedition, or failure to suppress or report a mutiny or sedition shall be punished by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct.

(Aug. 10, 1956, ch. 1041, 70A Stat. 68.)
Historical and Revision Notes Revised section   Source (U.S. Code)   Source (Statutes at Large)
894(a)

894(b)
   50:688(a).

50:688(b).
   May 5, 1950, ch. 169, §1 (Art. 94), 64 Stat. 136.

In subsection (a)(1) and (2), the words "or persons" are omitted, since, under section 1 of title 1, words importing the singular may apply to several persons.

In subsection (a)(3), the word "a" is substituted for the words "an offense of". The words "commissioned officer" are inserted after the word "superior", for clarity.
?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
John Bolton Defends Gen. Mark Milley: ‘His Patriotism Is Unquestioned’

Former National Security Advisor John Bolton expressed support for Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley following a bombshell report alleging that Milley secretly told a Chinese official that he would provide advance notice of a possible attack to the communist regime.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/09/15/john-bolton-defends-gen-mark-milley-his-patriotism-is-unquestioned/

TDS has completely broken John Bolton.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Bottom line is that this country is now just one more banana republic on the face of the earth.

And that's just how the Dems want it
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Like: ?

There are so many things in there that he could potentially be charged with it's hard to keep track of them all.

He's already admitted to making the call so the only question now is who's lying about his getting permission.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
There are so many things in there that he could potentially be charged with it's hard to keep track of them all.

He's already admitted to making the call so the only question now is who's lying about his getting permission.

First step would be to convene an Article 32 investigation to determine specific charges.  IF there's a courts martial that's where it gets tricky...because of his duty position.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
First step would be to convene an Article 32 investigation to determine specific charges.  IF there's a courts martial that's where it gets tricky...because of his duty position.

He's the CJCS.  It would be like expecting a rogue Attorney General to prosecute himself for perjuring himself before Congress.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Seems to me that someone should be doing interviews to determine the extent of any potential security breaches before that.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Seems to me that someone should be doing interviews to determine the extent of any potential security breaches before that.
Milley has always declared loudly and at every opportunity, "China is not our enemy!!" He could have been working for Chinese Intelligence for decades. Who knows?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Milley has always declared loudly and at every opportunity, "China is not our enemy!!" He could have been working for Chinese Intelligence for decades. Who knows?

:yowsa: I couldn't agree more. Seems to me that half of official Washington is on the CHICOM payroll.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
He's the CJCS.  It would be like expecting a rogue Attorney General to prosecute himself for perjuring himself before Congress.

Well by tricky..and I'm doing this from memory so I may not have this exactly correct...I mean the investigating officer for the 15-6 Investigation would have to be of equal rank and position...that means a 4 Star that's been the CJCS...you'd have to dip into the retired ranks and call them back to active duty for this special mission.

And that's where the SecDef has the advantage.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Those orders would have to come from the SecDef...Lloyd Austin.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Not sure about this..haven't seen this anyplace else

BREAKING: Trump Defense Secretary Esper Arranged the Chinese Back-Channels! Trump’s Traitorous Cabinet Members Have Soiled Their Own Legacies
By
Brooke McGowan
15 September 2021

So many times we were left shaking our heads during the Trump Administration, wondering who in his Cabinet could be trusted. We saw many of their deeds as unpatriotic or deeply questionable.

We were shocked to learn earlier this week that Gen Mark Milley, JCOS chairman, has admitted in an upcoming book titled “Peril,” that he had back channels with his Chinese counterpart in case President Trump pulled some rogue maneuver following the stolen 2020 election.

Today, Trump’s former Defense Secretary, Mark Esper, rode to Milley’s defense, tweeting that the “White Rage Woke” Milley is a “person of impeccable integrity and professionalism.”

We just learned from General Paul Vallely that it was in fact Defense Secretary Mark Esper who arranged the back-channels for the Chinese talks. Both Milley and Esper were concerned that President Trump would go off half-cocked and launch nuclear missiles to defend his position, an unwarranted and ridiculous assumption, given the pro-military and anti-war agenda of President Trump.

No wonder President Trump had so much trouble accomplishing his goals! His cabinet was filled with yellow-bellied traitors!

Attorney General Bill Barr was equally disappointing, as it was he who proclaimed the steal of 2020 to be legitimate, urging President Trump to officially drop the issue.

Surrounded by traitors, our President was hamstrung at every turn.

God help us.

http://magainstitute.com/breaking-trump-defense-secretary-esper-arranged-the-chinese-back-channels-trumps-traitorous-cabinet-members-have-soiled-their-own-legacies/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

Not sure about this..haven't seen this anyplace else

BREAKING: Trump Defense Secretary Esper Arranged the Chinese Back-Channels! Trump’s Traitorous Cabinet Members Have Soiled Their Own Legacies
By
Brooke McGowan
15 September 2021

So many times we were left shaking our heads during the Trump Administration, wondering who in his Cabinet could be trusted. We saw many of their deeds as unpatriotic or deeply questionable.

We were shocked to learn earlier this week that Gen Mark Milley, JCOS chairman, has admitted in an upcoming book titled “Peril,” that he had back channels with his Chinese counterpart in case President Trump pulled some rogue maneuver following the stolen 2020 election.

Today, Trump’s former Defense Secretary, Mark Esper, rode to Milley’s defense, tweeting that the “White Rage Woke” Milley is a “person of impeccable integrity and professionalism.”

We just learned from General Paul Vallely that it was in fact Defense Secretary Mark Esper who arranged the back-channels for the Chinese talks. Both Milley and Esper were concerned that President Trump would go off half-cocked and launch nuclear missiles to defend his position, an unwarranted and ridiculous assumption, given the pro-military and anti-war agenda of President Trump.

No wonder President Trump had so much trouble accomplishing his goals! His cabinet was filled with yellow-bellied traitors!

Attorney General Bill Barr was equally disappointing, as it was he who proclaimed the steal of 2020 to be legitimate, urging President Trump to officially drop the issue.

Surrounded by traitors, our President was hamstrung at every turn.

God help us.

http://magainstitute.com/breaking-trump-defense-secretary-esper-arranged-the-chinese-back-channels-trumps-traitorous-cabinet-members-have-soiled-their-own-legacies/
I would not call them "Yellow-bellied traitors", necessarily, but raving, partisan paranoiacs seems to fit. I am sure this is also a projection of their own capacity for abuse of power onto a political opponent. This is what happens when you start believing your own hyperbolic propaganda. Just look at Pelosi, who apparently was also a party to this group madness.

I cannot see how any of these people are psychologically fit for public office or command.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 08:01:34 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I would not call them "Yellow-bellied traitors", necessarily, but raving, partisan paranoiacs seems to fit. I am sure this is also a projection of their own capacity for abuse of power onto a political opponent. This is what happens when you start believing your own hyperbolic propaganda. Just look at Pelosi, who apparently was also a party to this group madness.

I cannot see how any of these people are psychologically fit for public office or command.

They aren't! Yet there they are and there they will remain!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

They aren't! Yet there they are and there they will remain!
Effectively leaving control of WMDs in the hands of paranoid psychopaths.

What could possibly go wrong?

I'd bet none of these MFers would pass the psych eval for a boomer crew.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Effectively leaving control of WMDs in the hands of paranoid psychopaths.

What could possibly go wrong?

I'd bet none of these MFers would pass the psych eval for a boomer crew.

I wouldn't touch that bet with someone else's ten-foot pole!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Smokin Joe

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Joe Gabriel Simonson
@SaysSimonson

I think it's weird that the two Washington Post journalists who wrote that book have been basically silent since giving their book to CNN and their employer to promote.

I also think it's weird that you have multiple outlets attacking central claims in the book and if those claims prove to be fabrications, the people who made those claims will still have jobs.
10:46 AM · Sep 17, 2021
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
So there's a story out this morning that Milley's power grabs and disregarding the chain of command go back to his time as the Army Chief of Staff...and current CSA James McConville is also complicit going back to when he was Milley's Vice Chief.

Online Smokin Joe

So there's a story out this morning that Milley's power grabs and disregarding the chain of command go back to his time as the Army Chief of Staff...and current CSA James McConville is also complicit going back to when he was Milley's Vice Chief.
Well, there goes the whole 'spur of the moment to save the world' fiction. Considering Pelosi and IIRC, Schumer wee implicated (Why not the Veep or Senate Majority leader if the concern was that POTUS would unilaterally bypass all safeguards and start slinging nukes?) their attempt to portray Milley's usurpation of power is likely serious CYA on their part as well.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Well, there goes the whole 'spur of the moment to save the world' fiction. Considering Pelosi and IIRC, Schumer wee implicated (Why not the Veep or Senate Majority leader if the concern was that POTUS would unilaterally bypass all safeguards and start slinging nukes?) their attempt to portray Milley's usurpation of power is likely serious CYA on their part as well.

They are bringing out the big guns now. I see that former Supreme Allied Commander Europe Admiral (ret) James Stavridis has a puff piece our saying that Milley was just being a good soldier doing the right thing.

Only problem is that on the credibility standpoint Stavridis isn't the best person to be vouching for Milley.  Seems the good Admiral had some issues with money...specifically in the realm of official and unofficial travel and "other matters".

Officially he was cleared...but I worked in the unit that helped create the paper trail to get him off the hook.