Author Topic: National Police Association announces campaign to encourage cooperation with lawful orders, reduce u  (Read 340 times)

Online libertybele

National Police Association announces campaign to encourage cooperation with lawful orders, reduce use-of-force

The PSA campaign, titled "Comply Now, Complain Later," urges the public to comply with police orders in order to assist in the reduction of officer use-of-force incidents.

"The message of this PSA is asking the public to help police by not escalating, not attacking, not fleeing and not trying to disarm an officer. Whether it is getting asked a question, getting a citation or getting arrested, don't confront, don't resist, and don't flee," a news release from the NPA states.

"If someone feels they have been improperly treated by an officer the time to seek a legal resolution is after the encounter has concluded," they add.

"This PSA will inform citizens on how resisting arrest, fleeing, and attempting to disarm a police officer places both the police officer and the member of the public in danger and poses a preventable risk for all concerned," said National Police Association Spokesperson Sgt. Betsy Brantner Smith (Ret.)

In a statement from NPA President Ed Hutchinson, he said "The mainstream media has been pushing 'cops are the problem' 24/7 for over a year. The reaction to the PSA so far demonstrates there is a desire for counter programming, such as this PSA, which says the criminals are the problem. If the criminals are reformed, the police and the public will be safer."................

https://www.conservativereview.com/national-police-association-announces-campaign-to-encourage-cooperation-with-lawful-orders-reduce-use-of-force-2653672604.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Lol

I wish them all the luck in the world. But with Democrat mayors and DAs in these inner cities, just not gonna happen
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online rustynail

Sounds like this could disrespect diversity be racist and culturally insensitive.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Officer Friendly is rolling over in his grave.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
 *****rollingeyes***** Law abiding citizens already cooperate with lawful orders, it's the criminals that don't, and why should they when the police in cities like Portland, Seattle, Washington DC and others are either afraid to to take action or are told to stand down creating little Mogadishu's around the nation. And now some Inspector Cluso's at the top of the NPA think that will improve by asking 'pretty please'?