Author Topic: Republicans’ accounts hacked after joining pro-Trump social media platform Gettr  (Read 257 times)

Offline mountaineer

Republicans’ accounts hacked after joining pro-Trump social media platform Gettr
July 5, 2021
Emily Wood
Multiple accounts on the newly launched pro-Trump social media site GETTR were hacked after it was launched on Sunday, including big-name Republicans such as former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene.

The accounts were taken over by hackers who posted pro-Palestine messages and phrases such as "@JubaBaghad was here :)," according to The Wrap. Some usernames were also changed.

Former President Donald Trump’s team launched the new social media platform on July 4 in response to Big Tech's crackdown on Trump and restrictions of free speech affecting users worldwide.

Trump adviser and CEO of the new site, Jason Miller, said the newly-launched social media platform was inspired by the idea of “getting together,” he told Fox News in an exclusive interview on Thursday.  ...
Christian Post

I hear from users it's better than Parler.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 01:11:30 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

They really should have expected to be hacked, and should have built with security first and foremost in mind.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Geez.   Two high profile accounts hacked, while just getting started.  This was just a Pro-Arab hacker.  What happens when MSM wants to disrupt.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Piddiful. Just piddiful.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.