Author Topic: Rep. Cori Bush: July 4 ‘Is for White People,’ ‘Black People Still Aren’t Free,’ America Is ‘Stolen L  (Read 5873 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Blacks will  not be free if their concept of freedom is that they have a right to an equal outcome with those (regardless of race) who have worked hard if they, themselves, have not.

A potential virtuoso will never play as well as a mediocre talent who practices relentlessly, there are skills to be developed, too.

It isn't even a question of potential, it is a question of working to rise to that potential.

@Smokin Joe

And THERE it is,one of the most profound statements ever made. It is the key to EVERYTHING.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 05:25:41 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Should have picked our own cotton.

@dfwgator

Who,the Pharaoh that (IIRC) made cotton a "thing"?

BTW,I knew your comment was tongue in cheek,I just wanted to point it that it wasn't white people that developed slavery as an economic system.

Offline dfwgator

Of course they aren't free. Slaves cost a lot of money. 

(Too soon?)

Offline roamer_1

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 08:45:01 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
By and large, we did.
My mother has a neighbor in Seizure World that picked cotton as child and she completely lacks the pigmentation of the perennially aggrieved class.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
My mother has a neighbor in Seizure World that picked cotton as child and she completely lacks the pigmentation of the perennially aggrieved class.

@GtHawk

No kidding. Some people seem to think there were no poor white people in the south who took whatever jobs they could find to keep living.

There were,in fact,MORE poor whites than there was poor blacks.

Offline roamer_1

Comes out of my mama's kin, dirt farmers and share croppers out of the South. They never owned a slave - They couldn't afford to. And had they the money they'd have bought another horse or milk cow... They raised their own cane and picked their own cotton. And they are by no means alone.

Offline dfwgator

@GtHawk

No kidding. Some people seem to think there were no poor white people in the south who took whatever jobs they could find to keep living.

There were,in fact,MORE poor whites than there was poor blacks.

In fact, whites should receive reparations because slavery denied them jobs.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
The democrats have been spending the Treasury money like drunken sailors for MANY DECADES, always promising they are on the side of blacks, yet the situation of blacks working class seems to fare little better, compared to democrats outlay of cash to foreigners.  Get off the black plantation blacks, here's a BIG clue, democrats like and manipulate you and cash in on race frictions they advance and invent.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The democrats have been spending the Treasury money like drunken sailors for MANY DECADES, always promising they are on the side of blacks, yet the situation of blacks working class seems to fare little better, compared to democrats outlay of cash to foreigners.  Get off the black plantation blacks, here's a BIG clue, democrats like and manipulate you and cash in on race frictions they advance and invent.
Subsidize a failing social model and get more of it.

'Fatherless children'  When subsidized housing, medical, food, and other benefits are dependent on being officially single and a parent, "single-parent families" will flourish, especially because jobs which will pay for all that usually require some level of skill or education. However, the parent who has such a job will be leaving their children to either the system or to themselves in the presence of social pressures to not follow the parent's example. It's tough for a single parent to do both, work and keep the kids in line.

Certain demographic of Leftists have decried getting an education as being culturally inappropriate (because the pace of altering a classical education into a miasma of social justice Marxism just wasn't happening quickly enough), even though getting that education is one of the key things which can create success.
Promote lawless behaviour through media, social media, and entertainment.
Promote the belief that people in these circumstances not only can't do anything about it (short of violence), but that the reason for their circumstances is other people who follow a different social model, rather than promote a successful social model. Yet we have subsidized the (now) indoctrination of generations with Marxist doctrine thinly disguised as racial grievances and wrapped in the attractive promise of "reparations" for events that long predated anyone living.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Republicans have offered little different.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The problem is, now it is people like Cori who are defining the Leftist orthodoxy, so anyone who wants to self-identify with the Left must adopt these positions.   Just compare the Biden of now to the Biden from the 1970s to see this.

@dfwgator

I disagree because Biden is and never had been anything but a whore. The Biden of the 70's was who and what he needed to be to get elected,nothing more.

He is now a senile old fool who has no idea what he is saying or doing so in that sense,he is a better human now than he was back when it can be presumed he DID know what he was saying and doing.

I am virtually speechless when I try to express how far this country or any other country has to fall before a senile old fool like him who can't even be trusted to drive a car can get the full support of a major political party,and then be elected as the President of a major nation.

Seems more like an Eddie Murphy movie than reality.

The people responsible for this who knowing took part in this fraud need to be arrested,put on trial,and if found guilty,either hanged for treason or giving life sentences without parole in a federal prison.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Seems our "Unity" president should be chiming in here telling Cori this is not unifying the country.

BTW, 45.6% of constituents in her District are white. so she is telling almost half the people she represents they are horrible people.

@IsailedawayfromFR

And the whites that voted for her are orgasmic as they wrap themselves in self-guilt. They hate themselves,they hate America,and the only thing that will make them happy is when everyone else hates themselves and America,too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Does this dumbass even realize that using his argument Blacks are just as guilty of stealing land that was stolen from somebody else by somebody else by..........

@GtHawk

I suspect she realizes things like "water wet","fire hot",and "me horney",but I wouldn't bet on much of anything else.

And she truly represents the people of her district.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Oh, to be sure... But caste systems do nothing more than define the bottom, and the bottom is always a slave... A servant caste with no chance of advancement, an end to the torment. If @INVAR were here, he could tell you better than I.

Historically civilization is based in castes... Even ours, based in Greek and Roman systems... And historically, even now, the disposable lower class requires replenishment, as it is hard on them folks,,, So to preserve the lifestyle of the upper classes, that lower class necessarily is added to from time to time... And thus slave trade lives on. Conquering lives on.

It wasn't until the advent of the middle class amidst the feudal west that there became a means - a ladder - between the castes. Suddenly a peasant could become near a lord. That happened in England and her daughters.

The unique difference in America is that the peasant could become a lord or even a king, to the extent that our culture recognizes 'lords' and 'kings'. That in fact is the abolishment of castes and the establishment of merit... and in that, slavery cannot exist, for the bare fact that you can (and many, many DO) improve your lot in life.

@roamer-1

Completely different,and in many ways,a worse system than slavery.

Slaves can be freed,and many were prior to the War of Northern Aggression.

It is a matter of historical FACT that the first slavemaster in the English-Speaking New World was a former indentured-servant who enslaved HIS indentured-servant once he was freed and established himself as a farmer.

He was also black. That's right,boys and girls,the very FIRST slavemaster in Colonial America was black man,and he enslaved a fellow black that had been his indentured servant. He even went to court to win that right.

Somebody needs to dumb this down to the point that congresscritter Bush MIGHT be able to understand it.

BUT......,to continue,the cast system is many times worse than actual slavery because the courts found that slave owners were responsible for the health and welfare of their slaves,and lower caste members have no such protections. They will remain at the very bottom of their society and so will all their children. There is no escape and no chance whatsoever of their children doing any better.

Also,unlike slaves,they are responsible for feeding themselves and their children,providing their own medical care,housing,and every other aspect of their lives.

In short,the only real freedom they have is the right to die of starvation and exposure in the street.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 12:46:02 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
In fact, whites should receive reparations because slavery denied them jobs.

@dfwgator

No way in HELL will any US court accept THAT claim,but if I were a lawyur,I'd sure as hell push it,just for grins.