Author Topic: Trump Lost Because He Wore People Out  (Read 7697 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Trump Lost Because He Wore People Out
« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2021, 09:24:59 pm »
Self pity. yeah that's it. Not just reasonable business sense. I am supposed to vote FOR the guy that destroyed my business and helped to send inflation off the hook... Yeah I want more of that for sure.

You gotta be kidding me.
Its unreasonable to blame Trump for the shutdown beyond the first 30 days of the pandemic. Yes, absolutely. Its pure emotionalism to claim otherwise.

Just sayin'.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 09:27:40 pm by skeeter »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2021, 09:26:55 pm »
Again, @roamer_1 staying home in 2020 is status quo from 2016.  But considering that Trump received 17% more votes in 2020 than 2016, the first part of the premise where voters abandoned Trump is highly improbable.  And the second part of the premise where 2016 Trump voters went Biden in 2020 is pure unadulterated bullshit.  I can't believe there are still people on this board actually peddling that crap.

There is another thing to be factored in that though. '16 was a record low turnout year. I have not paid no mind to turnout this time around (as I do not know what to trust), But it feels like a helluva lot more folks voted this time around than last time - And that on BOTH sides of the fence.

So the question is, is that 17% increase equally represented on the other side of the fence too? I would say that is probable. Liberals were white-hot ready to vote against Tump.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2021, 09:31:35 pm »
Its unreasonable to blame Trump for the shutdown beyond the first 30 days of the pandemic. Yes, absolutely. Its pure emotion to claim otherwise.

Just sayin'.

Yeah bullcrap. He shut the damn door.
The funny part is that I was for him in it when he was crying bullcrap right off the rip. But he didn't have the belly or the balls to stick with what his gut was telling him.

That is not emotion. that is the fact of it.

In fact, your defense of him in it seems to be emotion. This is a lump he sure as hell ought to take. He was standing in front of it the whole damn time.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2021, 09:35:22 pm »
Yeah bullcrap. He shut the damn door.
The funny part is that I was for him in it when he was crying bullcrap right off the rip. But he didn't have the belly or the balls to stick with what his gut was telling him.

That is not emotion. that is the fact of it.

In fact, your defense of him in it seems to be emotion. This is a lump he sure as hell ought to take. He was standing in front of it the whole damn time.
Ridiculous. We were all there, we all saw how this Covid thing played out.

You know it too. But you keep on barking at the moon.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2021, 09:38:42 pm »
Ridiculous. We were all there, we all saw how this Covid thing played out.

You know it too. But you keep on barking at the moon.

Nope. That's how I see it, and that ain't far off. That he figured out he'd been had and tried to open the door later makes no nevermind. He let it happen, and the damage is done. That's on him.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2021, 09:50:35 pm »
Nope. That's how I see it, and that ain't far off. That he figured out he'd been had and tried to open the door later makes no nevermind. He let it happen, and the damage is done. That's on him.
Careful now I may decide to invest the time and go back & read some of your late winter/early spring 2020 posts. I seem to vaguely remember you singing a slightly different tune then.

Anyway I'm gonna grab a brew, suggest you do the same. Happy 4th! :flag:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #131 on: July 04, 2021, 09:53:55 pm »
Careful now I may decide to invest the time and go back & read some of your late winter/early spring 2020 posts. I seem to vaguely remember you singing a slightly different tune then.

Knock yourself out.

Anyway I'm gonna grab a brew, suggest you do the same. Happy 4th! :flag:

You too.  :beer: :patriot:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #132 on: July 04, 2021, 11:05:04 pm »
Knock yourself out.

You too.  :beer: :patriot:

I'm in!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #133 on: July 04, 2021, 11:49:39 pm »
I'm in!
I'm drinking a pint of Hazy IPA from North 47 brewing co Ive been saving since December. Dang tasty.

Happy 4th, Cyber.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #134 on: July 04, 2021, 11:52:12 pm »
I'm drinking a pint of Hazy IPA from North 47 brewing co Ive been saving since December. Dang tasty.

Happy 4th, Cyber.

Yaay! Fireworks tonight!   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #135 on: July 04, 2021, 11:54:12 pm »
I feel the urge for licorice!  Maybe a few shots of Absinthe is in order, watching the fireworks.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #136 on: July 04, 2021, 11:56:28 pm »
I feel the urge for licorice!  Maybe a few shots of Absinthe is in order, watching the fireworks.

I ain't seen fireworks since Chewy's been around. He will be all freaked out tonight... And I will be with him.  :shrug:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #137 on: July 05, 2021, 12:03:08 am »
Absinthe requires whistle pig rye, peychauds bitters and simple syrup.

Just sayin’

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #138 on: July 05, 2021, 12:04:42 am »
Absinthe requires whistle pig rye, peychauds bitters and simple syrup.

Just sayin’

Or I could toss it down like Ouzo.  At a much higher alcohol content.  The Absinthe is 136 Proof.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #139 on: July 05, 2021, 12:10:58 am »
Or I could toss it down like Ouzo.  At a much higher alcohol content.  The Absinthe is 136 Proof.
I read ya. you’ll get to the same place, only faster.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #140 on: July 05, 2021, 12:13:21 am »
It's Absinthe.  I'm hoping all the rumors about wormwood are true....
I will NOT comply.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #141 on: July 05, 2021, 12:30:13 am »
Please give examples of Tweets so repellant as to turn the election in such a dramatic manner.

There had to have been dozens.

I'll give you one. And I recall people around me talking about it and it was amplified by the press right before the 2018 midterms and arguably led to GOP losses that year

When a judge tossed out Stormy Daniels lawsuit, Trump tweeted how now he can go after "horseface." Which then drew a response from her of something to the effect of "bring it on, tiny."

This need to tweet and respond to every slight was a big part of his drama. I once said that if Trump loses 2020, it'll be of his own doing. This is not a defense of the press who also conducted themselves horribly during the Trump era. But Trump became his own worse enemy and did give them ammo

I understand some consider that "fighting." But that conduct from a president I would argue turned off many people

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline skeeter

« Reply #142 on: July 05, 2021, 12:31:20 am »
I ain't seen fireworks since Chewy's been around. He will be all freaked out tonight... And I will be with him.  :shrug:
Its seems odd but people are still all into fireworks on the 4th of July around here, too. My Boston is more confused than frightened.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #143 on: July 05, 2021, 01:09:29 am »
This was the most polarizing POTUS election of my lifetime.  If there were 5% "undecided" going in, I'd say that number was even high.
But, how do you remain "undecided" in history's most polarized election?

Seems to me the fence would be a razor's edge.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #144 on: July 05, 2021, 01:41:57 am »
Roamer and his budds stayed home in 2016, too.  I don't have an issue with that.  There is no change from 2016 to 2020.

The premise being offered here is that Trump lost because a lot of people who voted for Trump in 2016 were so worn out with him that, instead of simply staying home in 2020, they went to the polls and cast a vote for Joe Biden.

Just let that one sink in.  Can you fathom anyone doing that?  Do you know anyone who did that?  Have you ever heard of a single person doing that?  Anyone?

You guyz know that I'm fed "UP TO HERE" with TBR Never Trumpers, and have intentionally stayed out of the pissing matches here.

They are so full of sh*t...their eyes are brown.

President Trump crushed Biden on November 3rd...when it counted.  He 'lost' in the middle of the night, when the effing Commies executed their premediated treason/theft.

And anybody who doesn't know that in their hearts is a complete waste of oxygen as a human being.

"Principled Conservatives" my ass.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #145 on: July 05, 2021, 02:08:29 am »
You guyz know that I'm fed "UP TO HERE" with TBR Never Trumpers, and have intentionally stayed out of the pissing matches here.

They are so full of sh*t...their eyes are brown.

President Trump crushed Biden on November 3rd...when it counted.  He 'lost' in the middle of the night, when the effing Commies executed their premediated treason/theft.

And anybody who doesn't know that in their hearts is a complete waste of oxygen as a human being.

"Principled Conservatives" my ass.
What I KNOW and what I CAN PROVE are two different things.

Until the rats are dug out of their warrens, the data recovered and audited, it is difficult to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. Keep in mind that a reasonable doubt can be thin as a RCH, but is still enough of a thread to acquit.

(If the gloves don't fit...)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #146 on: July 05, 2021, 02:36:24 am »
It's Absinthe.  I'm hoping all the rumors about wormwood are true....

I tried Absinthe soon after it  became legal again.  No visions.  Just thoughts on how nasty the shit tasted.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #147 on: July 05, 2021, 02:57:09 am »
I'll give you one. And I recall people around me talking about it and it was amplified by the press right before the 2018 midterms and arguably led to GOP losses that year

When a judge tossed out Stormy Daniels lawsuit, Trump tweeted how now he can go after "horseface." Which then drew a response from her of something to the effect of "bring it on, tiny."

This need to tweet and respond to every slight was a big part of his drama. I once said that if Trump loses 2020, it'll be of his own doing. This is not a defense of the press who also conducted themselves horribly during the Trump era. But Trump became his own worse enemy and did give them ammo

I understand some consider that "fighting." But that conduct from a president I would argue turned off many people

That's right. I consider it low brow and shows a flawed character... But in the end, is incidental to why I will not support him. His character was a major aspect off the get-go, but now I can judge by way of his actions as president pursuant to that predicted character.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #148 on: July 05, 2021, 03:00:32 am »
I tried Absinthe soon after it  became legal again.  No visions.  Just thoughts on how nasty the shit tasted.
I never tried Absinthe but I know that after the second or third big shot of Ouzo my throat was numb and so were my taste buds and that may be why I let myself get shlockered, if Ouzo is only 80 proof and Absinthe is over 130 :thud:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #149 on: July 05, 2021, 03:04:18 am »
Its seems odd but people are still all into fireworks on the 4th of July around here, too. My Boston is more confused than frightened.

Well, I am a redneck among rednecks... And if there is anything that is true about rednecks, it is that they love to blow sh*t up... This whole valley will be lit up about 3 hrs from now and it will be like daylight till midnight, and still like dusk well on toward 1 am. 'Into' fireworks would be an understatement by an order of magnitude.

But what I really miss is our own family demonstration... Which is somewhere around 2500-3000 bucks up in smoke in a half hour or so. It is a good show, and a great time.