Author Topic: Catholic bishops advance effort to deny Biden communion  (Read 4769 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Catholic bishops advance effort to deny Biden communion
« on: June 18, 2021, 06:26:50 pm »
Catholic bishops advance effort to deny Biden communion
By Alex Gangitano - 06/18/21 01:45 PM EDT

The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) has voted to proceed with drafting a formal statement on the meaning of communion, which will include whether President Biden and other politicians should be denied the rite based on their stance on abortion.

The action item for the committee on doctrine to start a teaching document on the Holy Eucharist passed 168-55, with six bishops abstaining from the vote, the USCCB announced Friday.

The document will be up for debate, subject to amendments and voted on at the group’s next meeting in November.

When asked at a press conference on Thursday following the vote if Biden, who is only the second Catholic president, should be able to receive communion, Bishop Kevin Rhoades of Fort Wayne-South Bend, said, “I can’t answer that question.”

“We will be looking at that whole issue of eucharistic consistency. ... When you look at cannon law, that is a decision of his bishop,” he added.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/559167-bishops-vote-to-proceed-with-drafting-document-on-denying-communion
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Catholic bishops advance effort to deny Biden communion
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 08:39:32 pm »
Joe Biden on Potentially Being Denied Communion: ‘A Private Matter, Don’t Think That’s Going to Happen’
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/06/18/joe-biden-on-potentially-being-denied-communion-a-private-matter-dont-think-thats-going-to-happen/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 08:50:58 pm »
Good to see the fake NY Slimes story about the Pope and Biden is being left in the dust. 

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 02:00:13 pm »
‘I dare you’: Pro-abortion Democrat Ted Lieu challenges Catholic bishops to deny him Communion
June 19, 2021 | BPR Wire

Democratic California Rep. Ted Lieu publicly challenged Catholic bishops Friday to deny him Communion for supporting contraception, abortion, same sex marriage and more.

Lieu responded to news that the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) overwhelmingly approved a measure Friday to draft a statement discussing whether high profile pro-abortion politicians, like President Joe Biden, may be denied Communion.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/06/19/i-dare-you-pro-abortion-democrat-ted-lieu-challenges-catholic-bishops-to-deny-him-communion-1091191/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 02:01:29 pm »
This is funny and my fav

Joe Kennedy on Biden Communion Ban: Bishops Not Bashing Trump ‘Behavior’ Shows ‘Robust Double Standard’
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/06/18/joe-kennedy-on-biden-communion-ban-bishops-not-bashing-trump-behavior-shows-robust-double-standard/
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 02:32:47 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2021, 02:19:36 pm »
Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Respond To Catholic Church Vote On Denying Communion To Them
https://conservativebrief.com/joe-biden-catholic-church-43114/
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2021, 03:34:41 pm »
Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Respond To Catholic Church Vote On Denying Communion To Them
https://conservativebrief.com/joe-biden-catholic-church-43114/

Biden, Pelosi and Lieuy= CINO's
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2021, 04:26:23 pm »
‘I dare you’: Pro-abortion Democrat Ted Lieu challenges Catholic bishops to deny him Communion
June 19, 2021 | BPR Wire

Democratic California Rep. Ted Lieu publicly challenged Catholic bishops Friday to deny him Communion for supporting contraception, abortion, same sex marriage and more.

Lieu responded to news that the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) overwhelmingly approved a measure Friday to draft a statement discussing whether high profile pro-abortion politicians, like President Joe Biden, may be denied Communion.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/06/19/i-dare-you-pro-abortion-democrat-ted-lieu-challenges-catholic-bishops-to-deny-him-communion-1091191/

Not double-dog dare?

What's that moron going to do, sneak into the church and steal the cookie jar?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2021, 04:29:09 pm »
Support the USO

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2021, 05:05:56 pm »
Every person owns his/her body - the church does not, the government does not, own that body.  He/she can do what he/she wants with his/her body.  If the person wants to cut off his/her right toe, he/she can.  If a man wants to have surgery so he will not produce children, he can.  If a woman wants to abort a pregnancy, she can.  Others may think a man should not stop himself from having children, but those people do not own this man's body.  Others may think a woman should not have an abortion, but those people do not own this woman's body.

Church denominations make their own rules.  Baptist rules may be different than Methodists rules, Catholic rules may be different than Church-of-Christ rules.  So, all denominations make their own rules.  A Christian does not have to join any church to be a Christian.  Catholics/other denominations are going to be surprised in heaven when there are other denominations there along with those Christians who belong to no church.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 05:13:15 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline bilo

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2021, 05:36:47 pm »
Every person owns his/her body - the church does not, the government does not, own that body.  He/she can do what he/she wants with his/her body.  If the person wants to cut off his/her right toe, he/she can.  If a man wants to have surgery so he will not produce children, he can.  If a woman wants to abort a pregnancy, she can.  Others may think a man should not stop himself from having children, but those people do not own this man's body.  Others may think a woman should not have an abortion, but those people do not own this woman's body.

Church denominations make their own rules.  Baptist rules may be different than Methodists rules, Catholic rules may be different than Church-of-Christ rules.  So, all denominations make their own rules.  A Christian does not have to join any church to be a Christian.  Catholics/other denominations are going to be surprised in heaven when there are other denominations there along with those Christians who belong to no church.

I will assume that you are not an Evangelical Christian, or Catholic, based on your post.

Let me educate you a little bit on Christianity. As Christians we do not "own" our bodies. We are bondservants to our Savior Jesus Christ. IOW, if we truly abide in Christ we happily follow his commands, so we really don't get to do whatever we want with our bodies.

You are correct that a Christian does not have to be member of a congregation to be saved, but what you will find is all Christians that are saved have faith in Christ alone and having that faith lived their lives on earth trying to walk by faith abiding by God's will.

So in answer to your post Scripture is very clear about things we should not be doing, or supporting.

@Hoodat
@roamer_1   
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 05:37:54 pm by bilo »
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2021, 05:47:00 pm »

I will assume that you are not an Evangelical Christian, or Catholic, based on your post.

Let me educate you a little bit on Christianity. As Christians we do not "own" our bodies. We are bondservants to our Savior Jesus Christ. IOW, if we truly abide in Christ we happily follow his commands, so we really don't get to do whatever we want with our bodies.

You are correct that a Christian does not have to be member of a congregation to be saved, but what you will find is all Christians that are saved have faith in Christ alone and having that faith lived their lives on earth trying to walk by faith abiding by God's will.

So in answer to your post Scripture is very clear about things we should not be doing, or supporting.

@Hoodat
@roamer_1

FACTS. We are bought for a price. We serve the House of YHWH and must conduct ourselves accordingly.
We are also brothers in Yeshua, and thereby heirs in him to the House of YHWH, and must conduct ourselves accordingly... And we are ambassadors of the House of YHWH and must conduct ourselves accordingly...

In every facet a pattern emerges.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2021, 05:49:33 pm »
Others may think a woman should not have an abortion, but those people do not own this woman's body.

It isn't the woman's body that is in question.

Follow Yah, not men.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2021, 05:49:48 pm »
The issue with abortion is that the woman does not own the child's body, even though she carries it in her own.  More fundamentally, the woman has no authority to determine that the child's life is less sacred than her convenience or her future plans, notwithstanding her rights over her own body.
I agree that salvation is independent of denomination.  What does that observation have to do with the point of this thread, that the US Conference of Catholic Bishops suggests denying communion to Catholics who openly flout the teachings of the Catholic Church?
James 1:20

Offline bilo

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2021, 06:15:58 pm »
FACTS. We are bought for a price. We serve the House of YHWH and must conduct ourselves accordingly.
We are also brothers in Yeshua, and thereby heirs in him to the House of YHWH, and must conduct ourselves accordingly... And we are ambassadors of the House of YHWH and must conduct ourselves accordingly...

In every facet a pattern emerges.

:amen:

A lot of believers do not delve into systematic theology and it can easily become confusing. It doesn't take an advanced degree though to understand we don't get to do whatever we want.

As far as the Catholic Church and members not abiding in Christ is concerned, they practice a closed communion (only Catholics can partake) and if members don't want to do what this church expects of them in order to partake in communion they should respect that and not take communion. I am a member of an Evangelical Church and we practice an open communion (all Christians can partake) but prior to having communion our Pastors are very clear in their warning that if you are in open violation of our Lord's commands you should not partake.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2021, 06:36:46 pm »
:amen:

A lot of believers do not delve into systematic theology and it can easily become confusing. It doesn't take an advanced degree though to understand we don't get to do whatever we want.

If there is no law, what need for grace? A conundrum many fail to consider.

As far as the Catholic Church and members not abiding in Christ is concerned, they practice a closed communion (only Catholics can partake) and if members don't want to do what this church expects of them in order to partake in communion they should respect that and not take communion. I am a member of an Evangelical Church and we practice an open communion (all Christians can partake) but prior to having communion our Pastors are very clear in their warning that if you are in open violation of our Lord's commands you should not partake.

That's right. An organization deserves the right to it's order... The member voluntarily submits to the doctrine and dogma. Nothing requires his adherence... Except his voluntary acceptance of that which makes him a member. He can walk off at any time, and they, so long as he submits, can call him a member (or not) according to his submission.

The reason I do not have membership in any church is specifically because I cannot agree with their interpretations and cannot therefore adhere. Nor would I insult them by falsely claiming that to which I cannot adhere.

It has long been my dilemma. :shrug:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2021, 07:17:40 pm »
@bilo
@roamer_1

Bilo, you said: "I will assume that you are not an Evangelical Christian, or Catholic, based on your post."

No, Bilo, I belong to a Catholic church and have taught a Bible class there; we stopped about the time the virus hit.  I have taught Bible classes in Missionary Baptist Churches, Baptist Churches, a good part of my adult life.  I was the pianist at three Baptist churches. 

Some want "others" to act a certain way.  That is the point;  you may do what you want; interpret the Bible the way you want.  You can only decide for yourself, not others.

Women own their bodies.  Men ruled women as their "property" (I say men owned women as their furniture - would change their furniture when they wanted a different looking piece of furniture.)  Men were stronger than women, so men "ruled".  This changed when Jesus Christ came and honored women. 

Back to present day individuals:
Remember, individuals make individual decisions that affect no one but the individual self.  These "individual" choices do not involve other people as the choice would not be "individual" if others are involved. 

A subject we cannot discuss on this forum:  I think we are in the end times and have reasons for that.  Maybe I will see you and friend roamer in the near future.  Want coffee?  Okay, @Cyber Liberty, will have the coffee, and beer. 44444heart
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 07:25:34 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2021, 07:25:44 pm »
We serve the House of YHWH ....

Is the House of YHWH the religious sect by the same name?

« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 07:34:38 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2021, 07:31:24 pm »
You and roamer and others here have spoken about what others "should" do.  That is the point;  you may do what you want; interpret the Bible the way you want.  You can only decide for yourself, not others.

Beside the point @Victoria33 . On point is the demands made by doctrine and dogma, and who can call themselves what. It is incumbent upon submission to authority to actually submit to that authority, or be shunned or disciplined until the situation is rectified. The Roman church has every right to define its doctrines and dogma, and to chastize those who cross it, providing that member values being a member in good standing. IOW, they DO have the right to tell others what to do if those others claim to embrace that faith.

Women own their bodies.  Men ruled women as their "property" (I say men owned women as their furniture - would change their furniture when they wanted a different looking piece of furniture.)  Men were stronger than women, so men "ruled".  This changed when Jesus Christ came and honored women. 

Funny that, because the woman now treats the child as property, just as you accuse men. the woman is stronger than the child, so the woman rules. And the child dies. That's irony for ya.

The body being controlled unrighteously is the child's, not the woman's.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2021, 07:33:13 pm »
Is the House of YHWH the religious sect by the same name?

If you read on, you would know I am a member of no rite or order.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 07:36:31 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2021, 07:35:30 pm »

How about a religious group?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2021, 07:38:19 pm »
How about a religious group?

Nope. Other than loosely Christian, and Messianic Christian, which again loosely denotes Christians who follow Torah as part of following Yeshua.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2021, 07:49:49 pm »
Out of curiosity, how do you square this with Christ's covenant in Matthew 18:20?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2021, 07:52:17 pm »
Out of curiosity, how do you square this with Christ's covenant in Matthew 18:20?

That does not require a building full of pews and a 501c3...  :shrug:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2021, 07:59:22 pm »
That does not require a building full of pews and a 501c3...  :shrug:
Oh ok. I thought you were implying no affiliation with a religious group.