Author Topic: Catholic bishops advance effort to deny Biden communion  (Read 4709 times)

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: Catholic bishops advance effort to deny Biden communion
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2021, 05:25:31 pm »
Well worth repeating:

HoustonSam:
Precisely.  Legalized abortion doesn't just give a woman control over her own body, it gives her control over the body of the child and the resources of the father, and neither the child nor the father has any say in the decision.

If a woman has a right to reject motherhood when pregnancy resulted from casual sex, then why can't a man reject fatherhood when pregnancy resulted from casual sex?  Why is it that the law enables a woman to kill the unborn child, but it will garnish the father's wages to provide for the child?  The father simply abandoning the mother and child does far less harm to the child than the mother killing it in the womb.

Setting aside for the moment arguments about the humanity of the baby, if abortion remains legal then legally-enforced child support from an unmarried father must be ended.  Woman's unilateral right means woman's unilateral responsibility.

christian:
The evil and old wickednesses (cult religions)of the Old Testament brought back to life under the false posturing of rights of privileged groups.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online roamer_1

« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2021, 07:38:08 pm »
Individual liberty and personal responsibility are inextricably linked together. You simply cannot have one without accepting the other.

That's right. And the government that doesn't allow for it is doomed to fail.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2021, 08:24:51 pm »
No.

It does.  In fact, many scholars think the Torah "borrows" from Zoroastrianism. 

« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2021, 08:31:43 pm »
I asked because your use of "House of Yahweh" and Yeshua instead of Jesus Christ reminded me of this group I'd read about:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Yahweh

BTW, did you mean "Messianic Judaism" instead of "Messianic Christian"?

No, I mean what I said. Messianic Judaism holds to the tradition of the Rabbis. I do not. In fact I do not hold to any tradition of men. Sola scriptura in spades.

I've not heard of "Messianic Christian" before @roamer_1   How does it differ from Christianity?

Thx.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2021, 08:41:58 pm »

No it doesn't... And 'scholars' who rely on oldest extant copies to date things are flat out ignorant... That brag went around for centuries against the Masoretic text when the earliest extant copy was from the 1100s

Oops! looky there, here comes the Dead Sea Scrolls to knock back the early extant copy of proto-Masoretic back to 300 BC.

And the Hinnom Scroll (c.700bc), fragmentary and small as it is, places formulaic biblical scripture at least contemporary with  Zoroaster (c.600bc), at which point, which is borrowing from the other becomes a mystery.

Fortunately, internal proofs unique to the Biblical Scriptures blow any other thing right out of the water... Because once those proofs are understood, one first has to admit the intellect that put them there - Far far beyond the means of mere men. And one capable of such proofs aforehand has no need to borrow.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2021, 09:02:39 pm »
I've not heard of "Messianic Christian" before @roamer_1   How does it differ from Christianity?

Thx.

In short, I keep Torah, to include kosher, Saturday Sabbath, and Yah's Holy Days, eschewing later established Christian holidays, seeing imported paganism within. Yah said Torah would never change, not one jot or tittle... And I for one believe him.

And I claim discipleship in Yeshua, by his grace, rejecting traditions of men.

Always a stickler for principle things, you know...  happy77

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2021, 01:10:55 am »

That would be quite a feat considering that the first written record or Zoroastrianism occurred around the same time the book of Malachi was written.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2021, 03:11:49 am »
That would be quite a feat considering that the first written record or Zoroastrianism occurred around the same time the book of Malachi was written.

the Torah borrowed from Zorastrianism; they were first.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2021, 03:21:06 am »
the Torah borrowed from Zorastrianism; they were first.

That is simply not true.