Author Topic: Ted Cruz’s Time Is Coming to Lead a Resurgent Right  (Read 20086 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Ted Cruz’s Time Is Coming to Lead a Resurgent Right
« Reply #250 on: May 22, 2021, 02:04:51 pm »
The consensus was inadequate "fire in the belly."  He simply didn't want to be POTUS badly enough to run the entire race.

IIRC his children were very young for his age.  He might have recognized that they would not have a lot of years with him so decided to focus on family instead.  That's just my personal speculation.

Thompson did play a President in a movie once.  But considering that Thompson would not have survived a second term, he may have had known health issues.

Here he is in his last movie that was released after his death:  https://www.imdb.com/video/vi1091876121?ref_=nm_rvd_vi_1
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #251 on: May 22, 2021, 02:48:17 pm »
   I liked Fred too. Didn't he drop out right before Super Tuesday which everyone predicted he would come in 2nd or 3rd?  Perplexing to me also, at the time.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #252 on: May 22, 2021, 02:52:03 pm »
Sweetie---you do understand that this was a contest for the most coveted prize on the planet --- do you not?  And the alliances shifted back and forth during the primaries, as they often do.  It was a big, beautiful slugfest. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz-JwJcF9wg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhBquoaSQRg

As for Rubio, it wasn't the first time that he out and out lied.  The promises that he made to get him into the Senate seat ... well he absolutely lied and then joined the Gang of Eight.  He was before that the GOP's Golden Boy and his supporters quickly ditched him.  He didn't even win his own state.  Pretty pathetic.

Rubio can't be trusted.  He flip flops back and forth and goes whichever way the wind is blowing that day.  He's a RINO. Lost my vote.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #253 on: May 22, 2021, 02:54:09 pm »
   I liked Fred too. Didn't he drop out right before Super Tuesday which everyone predicted he would come in 2nd or 3rd?  Perplexing to me also, at the time.

I overwhelming remember how badly we conservatves hated McCain even before his dimocrat reacharound tactics. I see @roamer_1 liked Hunter.  I did too, but saw Duncan never ever getting close enough to getting any traction to challenge McStain. All of our eggs were in Fred's basket, and it did not end well. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #254 on: May 22, 2021, 02:56:49 pm »

Rubio can't be trusted.  He flip flops back and forth and goes whichever way the wind is blowing that day.  He's a RINO. Lost my vote.

As far as I am concerned, Little Marco's greatest accomplishment was marrying a Miami Dolphins cheerleader.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online corbe

« Reply #255 on: May 22, 2021, 02:58:28 pm »
As far as I am concerned, Little Marco's greatest accomplishment was marrying a Miami Dolphins cheerleader.   :cool:

I always thought she was his beard. @catfish1957
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #256 on: May 22, 2021, 03:02:56 pm »

I always thought she was his beard. @catfish1957

That's crossed my mind too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #257 on: May 22, 2021, 03:16:11 pm »
I overwhelming remember how badly we conservatves hated McCain even before his dimocrat reacharound tactics. I see @roamer_1 liked Hunter.  I did too, but saw Duncan never ever getting close enough to getting any traction to challenge McStain. All of our eggs were in Fred's basket, and it did not end well.

I think Hunter would have done just fine. He'd already won WY, hands down, and had they not stifled him - literally kicking him out of the debates - in the Carolinas, he'd have risen.

Thompson was not all that conservative, but he was famous.

It is the same argument today - Cruz at least was the penultimate conservative - The point of the spear for the TEA Party... But Tumpy, who was not all that conservative, was famous.

I will never understand that pull toward meaningless fame.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #258 on: May 22, 2021, 03:29:38 pm »
.  .  .  and had they not stifled him - literally kicking him out of the debates - in the Carolinas  .  .  .

They did the same thing to Alan Keyes in Atlanta in 1996.  Except with Keyes, they slapped the hand cuffs on him and hauled him away in the back seat of a police car.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #259 on: May 22, 2021, 03:46:00 pm »
They did the same thing to Alan Keyes in Atlanta in 1996.  Except with Keyes, they slapped the hand cuffs on him and hauled him away in the back seat of a police car.

I have long admired Keyes. One of the finest orators I have ever known. And one of the few I respect out of the N.E. His Conservatism is never in question. Dubya's first election primary, I was all in for Keyes.

But, whether a device of the media, or IRL, he has a penchant for pageantry in the absurd. It gets him media attention, but I don;t think it useful. Too bad. He's one I would have voted for anytime, all the way along. I can't believe how he has been defamed. And that folks buy into that.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #260 on: May 22, 2021, 05:39:51 pm »
I think he found out he was sick.

That's what I was thinking too.  that's about the time he found out he had cancer.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #261 on: May 22, 2021, 05:44:58 pm »
I have long admired Keyes. One of the finest orators I have ever known. And one of the few I respect out of the N.E. His Conservatism is never in question. Dubya's first election primary, I was all in for Keyes.

But, whether a device of the media, or IRL, he has a penchant for pageantry in the absurd. It gets him media attention, but I don;t think it useful. Too bad. He's one I would have voted for anytime, all the way along. I can't believe how he has been defamed. And that folks buy into that.

I always liked him too, and I agree he needed to find an off switch for the dramatic pretense.  He seemed to lack self-awareness about it.
James 1:20

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #262 on: May 22, 2021, 05:47:22 pm »
I always liked him too, and I agree he needed to find an off switch for the dramatic pretense.  He seemed to lack self-awareness about it.

I don't know if you were a denizen of FR back in the day, but they had a Member, "clintonsaliar" who worked for Keyes for years.  We've had dinner with her a couple of times.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #263 on: May 22, 2021, 05:50:35 pm »
I don't know if you were a denizen of FR back in the day, but they had a Member, "clintonsaliar" who worked for Keyes for years.  We've had dinner with her a couple of times.

I began lurking there during Bush/Gore 2000, but never posted until Trump/Cruz, then quickly left and found this place.  I don't recall that Freeper name.
James 1:20

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #264 on: May 22, 2021, 05:55:35 pm »
Keyes is one of three GOP Presidential candidates I gave money to directly.  The other two were Jack Kemp and Rick Santorum.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #265 on: May 22, 2021, 06:44:27 pm »
I think Hunter would have done just fine. He'd already won WY, hands down, and had they not stifled him - literally kicking him out of the debates - in the Carolinas, he'd have risen.

It is the same argument today - Cruz at least was the penultimate conservative - The point of the spear for the TEA Party... But Tumpy, who was not all that conservative, was famous.

I agree with you about Hunter, I think he would have made a great president.   :beer:

As for Cruz, he's a constitutional conservative and has an audio graphic memory so he's pretty difficult to beat in a debate.  I still like him and maybe he and Greene would make a formidable team. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 06:47:38 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #266 on: May 22, 2021, 07:35:02 pm »

Yep! I've broken bread with her once or twice as well. @Cyber Liberty

I've also had the good fortune to be in the audience at events where Ambassador Keyes was the keynote speaker. He would have made us a great president! @roamer_1
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #267 on: May 22, 2021, 08:51:50 pm »

I think it is a combination of name recognition and laziness.

It could be summed up as the unwillingness of those who aren't political junkies to do a little digging and find out about someone they haven't necessarily heard of, versus of jumping on a bandwagon with a brand they recognize.  People do the same thing shopping or going out to eat, they go with the known product (with all the trade-offs involved) rather than take a chance on a lesser known one.

If you think about that, though, in the political arena, that phenomenon limits the field to those who have had airtime in the Mass Media, and the Mass Media are in the enemy camp, so the only airtime the best of the best will get will be negative or none.

We need a new paradigm.

But then, if the mass media is bitching about something, that trips a flag that I need to look into it...those jackasses can give me a heads up, but I damn sure won't let them feed me opinions (or even "facts" after all the fackchecking I have run afoul of).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #268 on: May 22, 2021, 08:53:11 pm »

I've also had the good fortune to be in the audience at events where Ambassador Keyes was the keynote speaker. He would have made us a great president! @roamer_1

:beer:

Another on that knew Keyes directly was Eternal Vigilance from FR. I miss that guy. I had direct communication with him more than a time or two.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #269 on: May 22, 2021, 08:53:18 pm »
I agree with you about Hunter, I think he would have made a great president.   :beer:

As for Cruz, he's a constitutional conservative and has an audio graphic memory so he's pretty difficult to beat in a debate.  I still like him and maybe he and Greene would make a formidable team.
I liked Hunter, too.

Cruz/Greene could be a potent force.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #270 on: May 22, 2021, 08:57:34 pm »
I think it is a combination of name recognition and laziness.

It could be summed up as the unwillingness of those who aren't political junkies to do a little digging and find out about someone they haven't necessarily heard of, versus of jumping on a bandwagon with a brand they recognize.  People do the same thing shopping or going out to eat, they go with the known product (with all the trade-offs involved) rather than take a chance on a lesser known one.

If you think about that, though, in the political arena, that phenomenon limits the field to those who have had airtime in the Mass Media, and the Mass Media are in the enemy camp, so the only airtime the best of the best will get will be negative or none.

We need a new paradigm.

But then, if the mass media is bitching about something, that trips a flag that I need to look into it...those jackasses can give me a heads up, but I damn sure won't let them feed me opinions (or even "facts" after all the fackchecking I have run afoul of).

That's all right. And why I give fame little quarter. It don't matter who you pick, if he is on  the right, the media will crucify him. What seems to be the tell for a Conservative is when the PTB on the RIGHT crucify him, or drop him in the memory hole. That's probably the guy I could vote for.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 08:58:26 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #271 on: May 22, 2021, 09:00:43 pm »

That's about the earliest I remember YOU @libertybele ... way back in the day on Pissant's crew, all in for Hunter. @XenaLee , probably too... I met a whole lot of good Conservatives in that crew.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #272 on: May 22, 2021, 09:02:34 pm »

I had the privilege of meeting Dr. Keyes in North Dakota. Great talk, and I wish I'd had more to donate at the time. I still have his autograph tucked away. (It was kinda funny to see the reactions of the gents doing security when I walked up, bearded white man in a surplus camouflaged jacket--the going mass media description of a "white supremacist" at the time--and extended my hand and thanked him for coming out and wished him well.)
My only reservation with Dr. Keyes was over "reparations" (although had we just cut a check then, it would have disarmed the whole concept) because  I still don't see how making people who never owned a slave (and often, whose ancestors didn't either) pay people who never were slaves can right a wrong that happened in an entirely different context a century and a half ago.

Most of those who did own slaves lost most, if not everything they had in the aftermath of the war or the war itself, so I don't see what the descendants gained. They didn't even get 40 acres and a mule, and lots of them moved west to the territories and started over, by the sweat of their own brow.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #273 on: May 22, 2021, 09:04:40 pm »
That's all right. And why I give fame little quarter. It don't matter who you pick, if he is on  the right, the media will crucify him. What seems to be the tell for a Conservative is when the PTB on the RIGHT crucify him, or drop him in the memory hole. That's probably the guy I could vote for.
Well, when you consider the 'R' after some of those names is just a 'D' on stilts, you're right.

If the Left dislikes someone, they might be my kind of people. If the Left and the GOPe don't like them, then I really take a look.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #274 on: May 22, 2021, 09:25:46 pm »
I had the privilege of meeting Dr. Keyes in North Dakota. Great talk, and I wish I'd had more to donate at the time. I still have his autograph tucked away. (It was kinda funny to see the reactions of the gents doing security when I walked up, bearded white man in a surplus camouflaged jacket--the going mass media description of a "white supremacist" at the time--and extended my hand and thanked him for coming out and wished him well.)
My only reservation with Dr. Keyes was over "reparations" (although had we just cut a check then, it would have disarmed the whole concept) because  I still don't see how making people who never owned a slave (and often, whose ancestors didn't either) pay people who never were slaves can right a wrong that happened in an entirely different context a century and a half ago.

Most of those who did own slaves lost most, if not everything they had in the aftermath of the war or the war itself, so I don't see what the descendants gained. They didn't even get 40 acres and a mule, and lots of them moved west to the territories and started over, by the sweat of their own brow.

"What the income tax does is lead the people of this country down a path to where actual control of their resources, which in the end is the control over their will, is handed off to the government. The government then manipulates that will in order to destroy the freedom of our electoral system through the income tax structure, and we call the resulting slavery a free system.

In point of fact, it is not as the founders understood, and the only way to restore real freedom is to give people back control over the income that they earn so that they won‘t, at the voting booth and in other phony issues, be subject to that manipulation."

ALAN KEYES IS MAKING SENSE Television Show Monday, Jan. 28, 2002
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien