Author Topic: Ted Cruz’s Time Is Coming to Lead a Resurgent Right  (Read 20280 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Ted Cruz’s Time Is Coming to Lead a Resurgent Right
« Reply #300 on: May 23, 2021, 05:32:43 pm »
You're talking Cain, of course.

No, what ruined Cain's chances was the fake bimbo eruptions organized by the Rodents.     Clearly racism was involved.  The Rodents had to smear Cain with whatever it took to get him out of the process because they couldn't ever allow a real American black man (note no parenthesis) opposing their illegal alien mulatto.  Cain even had the American Negro accent down cold, whereas the illegal alien half-breed couldn't pronounce "corpsman" correctly.   

His 999 plan would have had to go through Congress.  Wouldn't have happened. 

However, the replacement of the income tax with any form of national retail-only sales tax would have been a fantastic boon to America.    So what if it was the basement value?   People who don't pay any federal tax at all (more than 50% of American) would be paying federal taxes finally.  So would illegal aliens and tourists. 

And people who wanted to budget how much tax they paid would be able to do just that.

:yowsa: Absolutely right! All counts!

Ridding us of the Marxist income tax would solve a host of the problems this country faces all by itself.  I have often said that we will never again be a truly free people until that happens.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 05:36:05 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #301 on: May 23, 2021, 05:38:37 pm »
I'm pretty sure you are confusing Dr. Keyes with Herman Cain. @Cyber Liberty

I was referring to Cain, in reply to someone.  I don't recall Keyes' tax policies, but I do remember Cains promise that would have both retained an income tax while adding a brand new sales tax.  Literally the worst of both worlds.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #302 on: May 23, 2021, 05:42:50 pm »
I was referring to Cain, in reply to someone.  I don't recall Keyes' tax policies, but I do remember Cains promise that would have both retained an income tax while adding a brand new sales tax.  Literally the worst of both worlds.

Alan Keyes loathes the Marxist income tax as much or more (if that's possible) than I do. He was 100% for replacing that monstrosity with a point of retail sale only sales tax on new goods and services only.  A Fairtx man through and through.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #303 on: May 23, 2021, 05:48:50 pm »
Alan Keyes loathes the Marxist income tax as much or more (if that's possible) than I do. He was 100% for replacing that monstrosity with a point of retail sale only sales tax on new goods and services only.  A Fairtx man through and through.

Keyes is a smart fellow who's mouth had a penchant for suicide.  That put him in a similar wagon as John McCain, because he spent so much time using that mouth to attack Republicans.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #304 on: May 23, 2021, 06:40:58 pm »
Loved Alan Keyes (still do), but what soured me on him being perfection was his wonky moment when he proposed retribution for slaves in the form of waiving taxes for blacks (and blacks only). It was an unexpected flip flop that somewhat telegraphed his inability to deal with campaign pressures.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #305 on: May 23, 2021, 08:49:24 pm »
Keyes is a smart fellow who's mouth had a penchant for suicide.  That put him in a similar wagon as John McCain, because he spent so much time using that mouth to attack Republicans.

Keyes was taken down by the same forces that took down Herman Cain, Ted Stevens, Tom DeLay, Roy Moore, and a host of others.  A thoroughly corrupt media.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 08:50:17 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #306 on: May 23, 2021, 09:12:57 pm »
Keyes was taken down by the same forces that took down Herman Cain, Ted Stevens, Tom DeLay, Roy Moore, and a host of others.  A thoroughly corrupt media.

The same thoroughly corrupt media that elected Obama!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #307 on: May 23, 2021, 09:15:52 pm »
The same thoroughly corrupt media that elected Obama!

The same corrupt media that had Keyes arrested at the '96 debate.  (WSB-TV)
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #308 on: May 23, 2021, 09:34:40 pm »
The same corrupt media that had Keyes arrested at the '96 debate.  (WSB-TV)

Thanks for the info.  I wasn't aware of that.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #309 on: May 23, 2021, 09:44:27 pm »

Interesting remarks by the Governor here ---- who does he sound like?   888blackhat  @sneakypete

https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1395885571529076739

@Right_in_Virginia

I'm sure I know the answer you're looking for so I'll oblige ... Trump, only articulate.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #310 on: May 23, 2021, 09:44:59 pm »
Thanks for the info.  I wasn't aware of that.

The next day, I made a call to the local NAACP office to ask them how they planned to respond to a black Presidential candidate being taken away in handcuffs in a Democrat-run Deep South State.  The NAACP told me that they do not get involved in political matters.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #311 on: May 23, 2021, 10:04:41 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

I'm sure I know the answer you're looking for so I'll oblige ... Trump, only articulate.

:laugh:  Thanks @AllThatJazzZ  No worries, the question really was rhetorical. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #312 on: May 23, 2021, 10:42:16 pm »

Oh FFS. He did that shit to himself, no cabal required.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #313 on: May 23, 2021, 10:52:00 pm »

The next day, I made a call to the local NAACP office to ask them how they planned to respond to a black Presidential candidate being taken away in handcuffs in a Democrat-run Deep South State.  The NAACP told me that they do not get involved in political matters.

@Hoodat

I didn't know the NAACP did comedy skits!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #314 on: May 23, 2021, 11:01:08 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Looks like DeSantis for 2024 by a wide margin.

We've got to get election integrity back somehow. 

Trump IS the Master of the Game; drawing crowds and connecting with people; he can launch DeSantis into the oval office, but it IS all dependent on getting a fair election.  Cruz has an excellent ground game and I think he'd be an asset to assisting getting him seated.

I've said this before -- I think Trump would make a great governor of FL!   

« Reply #315 on: May 23, 2021, 11:27:47 pm »
Looks like DeSantis for 2024 by a wide margin.

We've got to get election integrity back somehow. 

Trump IS the Master of the Game; drawing crowds and connecting with people; he can launch DeSantis into the oval office, but it IS all dependent on getting a fair election.  Cruz has an excellent ground game and I think he'd be an asset to assisting getting him seated.

I've said this before -- I think Trump would make a great governor of FL!   

I don't think Trump can launch Desantis directly into the oval office.  The best scenario I can see from this distance is a Trump/DeSantis ticket with Trump as the tip of the spear against the GOPe.  Without Trump's shield the GOPe would destroy DeSantis --- the forces are already coalescing.  Ron's reelection and the midterm outcomes in 2022 are pivotal for this.

The ticket wins in 2024 and DeSantis becomes a true student of Trump (Ron needs some international grooming) and the heir apparent.  Final step:  the last vestiges of the of the GOPe are purged after the 2026 midterms.

I don't see any circumstance under which Trump runs for governor, of any state.

It's VERY early, but this is my dream scenario at this point.   happy77  -- But the swamp is not going to go gently into that good night --- so buckle up.

@libertybele

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #316 on: May 23, 2021, 11:34:32 pm »
Oh FFS. He did that shit to himself, no cabal required.

BS! But you keep on believing that if it suits you.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

« Reply #317 on: May 23, 2021, 11:44:51 pm »

I distinctly remember the 2004 Senate election in Illinois.  The GOP was perfectly willing to hand over the Senate seat to Baraq Obama unopposed.  Alan Keyes was the only person to step forth and challenge him.  If he had gotten the GOP's backing, we might not have suffered eight years under an Obama Presidency.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #318 on: May 23, 2021, 11:46:12 pm »

Based on my experience with the man and his staff, I stand by my post.  Suits me fine.  He did it all to himself.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #319 on: May 23, 2021, 11:48:01 pm »
I distinctly remember the 2004 Senate election in Illinois.  The GOP was perfectly willing to hand over the Senate seat to Baraq Obama unopposed.  Alan Keyes was the only person to step forth and challenge him.  If he had gotten the GOP's backing, we might not have suffered eight years under an Obama Presidency.

Keyes had zero chance, not being an Illinoisan, and he knew it. It was 100% pure self serving.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #320 on: May 23, 2021, 11:51:13 pm »
Sadly, it was not just a thoroughly corrupt media, although they were the main tool.

I think, if you look back, you will find that the support of those allegedly 'conservative' folks in the mainstream GOP was conspicuously absent, and often completely withdrawn.

Instead of closing ranks to defend, the GOP abandoned and sometimes even joined in the attack.

Roy Moore's case was an eye opener for me, because that was when I realized the GOP in DC was not interested in anyone who might place principle ahead of all else and actually represent Americans and the Constitution first. No one who won't grease palms in backroom deals need apply, and if somehow, they do get elected, they will be marginalized, primaried, or 'scandaled' out as soon as possible.
Keyes, whether you agreed with his stance on reparations or not (I didn't) was/is a man of principle, who stands on the Constitution, and that could not be tolerated by the GOPe because he or others of his ilk might throw a monkey wrench into the Country Club 'smoky back room' aspect of the Swamp regardless of who is involved, and I'm reasonably sure the positions of power players are maintained by deals behind the scenes that involve sold souls and damning evidence all around.

That's a fragile ecology, because of the equilibrium between Left and Right, GOP and Dems, and maintaining the appearance of juxtaposed forces, but in reality it is more of a delicate symbiosis of calculated maneuvers which counterbalance to keep the whole mess in the zone where all who play, profit. Anything/anyone which/who threatens that balance and might bring down or expose (even just by example) that delicate structure will be stopped, and persons of principle are the greatest threat.
You can't control someone you can't buy off, one way or another.

There are lots of folks in DC who get their "attaboys" for doing the right thing, regardless of motive, but when it comes to running for POTUS, all those "attaboys" evaporate with just one serious "awshit". Pence is a prime example. His rush to certify the 2020 count indicated that when the chips are down, he cannot be counted on. But when the time comes, the Party wants people they can control or at least make deals with. The GOP support for Trump was predicated on the belief that he could be negotiated with, where Cruz would be more likely to stand on principle when it would be inconvenient. When the GOP found that Trump cared more what the people who voted for him thought of him than what the Party did, that shifted, but by then Trump was in office.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #321 on: May 23, 2021, 11:52:34 pm »
Keyes had zero chance, not being an Illinoisan, and he knew it. It was 100% pure self serving.
So where were the Illinoisians? Keyes stepped into the breach when no on else did.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #322 on: May 23, 2021, 11:58:35 pm »
So where were the Illinoisians? Keyes stepped into the breach when no on else did.

All they cared about in Illinois was the divorce court evidence that the Rats had released on the guy already running to ensure the Kenyan's election to the Senate.

Keyes was an opportunist.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #323 on: May 23, 2021, 11:58:37 pm »
Sadly, it was not just a thoroughly corrupt media, although they were the main tool.

I think, if you look back, you will find that the support of those allegedly 'conservative' folks in the mainstream GOP was conspicuously absent, and often completely withdrawn.

Instead of closing ranks to defend, the GOP abandoned and sometimes even joined in the attack.

Roy Moore's case was an eye opener for me, because that was when I realized the GOP in DC was not interested in anyone who might place principle ahead of all else and actually represent Americans and the Constitution first. No one who won't grease palms in backroom deals need apply, and if somehow, they do get elected, they will be marginalized, primaried, or 'scandaled' out as soon as possible.
Keyes, whether you agreed with his stance on reparations or not (I didn't) was/is a man of principle, who stands on the Constitution, and that could not be tolerated by the GOPe because he or others of his ilk might throw a monkey wrench into the Country Club 'smoky back room' aspect of the Swamp regardless of who is involved, and I'm reasonably sure the positions of power players are maintained by deals behind the scenes that involve sold souls and damning evidence all around.

That's a fragile ecology, because of the equilibrium between Left and Right, GOP and Dems, and maintaining the appearance of juxtaposed forces, but in reality it is more of a delicate symbiosis of calculated maneuvers which counterbalance to keep the whole mess in the zone where all who play, profit. Anything/anyone which/who threatens that balance and might bring down or expose (even just by example) that delicate structure will be stopped, and persons of principle are the greatest threat.
You can't control someone you can't buy off, one way or another.

There are lots of folks in DC who get their "attaboys" for doing the right thing, regardless of motive, but when it comes to running for POTUS, all those "attaboys" evaporate with just one serious "awshit". Pence is a prime example. His rush to certify the 2020 count indicated that when the chips are down, he cannot be counted on. But when the time comes, the Party wants people they can control or at least make deals with. The GOP support for Trump was predicated on the belief that he could be negotiated with, where Cruz would be more likely to stand on principle when it would be inconvenient. When the GOP found that Trump cared more what the people who voted for him thought of him than what the Party did, that shifted, but by then Trump was in office.

Well said @Smokin Joe nothing there for me to argue with.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #324 on: May 24, 2021, 12:11:14 am »

What was the RNC's response to this?