Author Topic: Ted Cruz’s Time Is Coming to Lead a Resurgent Right  (Read 20260 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Ted Cruz’s Time Is Coming to Lead a Resurgent Right
« Reply #275 on: May 22, 2021, 10:45:07 pm »
"What the income tax does is lead the people of this country down a path to where actual control of their resources, which in the end is the control over their will, is handed off to the government. The government then manipulates that will in order to destroy the freedom of our electoral system through the income tax structure, and we call the resulting slavery a free system.

In point of fact, it is not as the founders understood, and the only way to restore real freedom is to give people back control over the income that they earn so that they won‘t, at the voting booth and in other phony issues, be subject to that manipulation."

ALAN KEYES IS MAKING SENSE Television Show Monday, Jan. 28, 2002
I always viewed what is commonly taxed as income, as actually the product of a value for value exchange of skill or labor for fun tickets. The income is made when someone else (the employer) profits from that exchange. If an hour of my time is worth an agreed upon sum, then I exchange that hour for that sum. I had to give up something to get that currency, so it isn't a profit, and therefore should not be taxed. Simple as that.

Unfortunately, the IRS considers barter exchanges as "income", too (and that's wrong, as well, IMHO).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #276 on: May 22, 2021, 10:54:28 pm »
I always viewed what is commonly taxed as income, as actually the product of a value for value exchange of skill or labor for fun tickets. The income is made when someone else (the employer) profits from that exchange. If an hour of my time is worth an agreed upon sum, then I exchange that hour for that sum. I had to give up something to get that currency, so it isn't a profit, and therefore should not be taxed. Simple as that.

Unfortunately, the IRS considers barter exchanges as "income", too (and that's wrong, as well, IMHO).

An income tax, as Dr. Keyes properly notes, is a slave tax and no people who would remotely call themselves free should have to abide it in any form.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #277 on: May 23, 2021, 12:31:06 am »
OMG.  This shit will never end, no matter how many times I correct "the record".  I will try one more time to explain this --- directly to you this time @Cyber Liberty

I was very happy with the 2016 election.  I hold no ill will toward Ted Cruz --- Why would I?  My guy won.   :shrug:

I don't want to see Cruz run again for the same two reasons I've posted all day:  Ted Cruz has a repellent factor; there's just something about him that doesn't win over voters.  And then there's that pesky NBC thing.  Whether you think he is or you think he isn't --- the damn thing would be an issue.  Why add both factors to a sure uphill battle?

As for the things Cruz has done since 2016:  I'm aware of no legislation passed with his name as the author.  I think back over the past four years and I don't hear Cruz's voice.

I give him two thumbs up for his two votes not to convict the President in the sham impeachment trials.

Fast forward to the election fraud and I give him a gold star for standing up on Jan 6 and trying to challenge at least one of the contested states.  I'd give him two stars for his efforts if he had proposed a two week delay in certification early enough for it to be possible. 

Which brings me to my point:  I don't see in Cruz the guts or the self-confidence to think outside the box or make rapid fire decisions and carry them through.  His instincts are too hesitant; too unreliable.

But there's no question he's a good conservative and a valuable Senator.

@txradioguy

@Right_in_Virginia

To put the icing on that cake,I honestly don't think he has any intention of running for President. I think he just likes to talk about it occasionally to keep his name and face in the news.

I have NO freaking idea why he seems to be reluctant to run,but he does. And truthfully,it makes no difference what his reasons are if he doesn't run.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline corbe

« Reply #278 on: May 23, 2021, 12:45:00 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

To put the icing on that cake,I honestly don't think he has any intention of running for President. I think he just likes to talk about it occasionally to keep his name and face in the news.

I have NO freaking idea why he seems to be reluctant to run,but he does. And truthfully,it makes no difference what his reasons are if he doesn't run.

He's waiting, out of respect (and political expediency) to see what the Donald does. 
   He's not Stupid, Trump already BBQ'd him once, 5 years ago.  @sneakypete
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #279 on: May 23, 2021, 12:48:17 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

I agree with you @sneakypete   I don't think he has any intention of running, and I honestly haven't heard him mentioning that he was even thinking of running.  Why he's reluctant?  He's not a fool.  He saw what the leftist put Trump through and I don't think he wants the headache and he's not about to put his two girls through that crappola.

He may be involved in heavily campaigning for someone, and that's about it.  I'm not quite sure he's even going to run for his Senate seat; same reasons as I mentioned above and I think he'll get back into law.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #280 on: May 23, 2021, 01:12:19 am »
I agree with you @sneakypete   I don't think he has any intention of running, and I honestly haven't heard him mentioning that he was even thinking of running.  Why he's reluctant?  He's not a fool.  He saw what the leftist put Trump through and I don't think he wants the headache and he's not about to put his two girls through that crappola.

He may be involved in heavily campaigning for someone, and that's about it.  I'm not quite sure he's even going to run for his Senate seat; same reasons as I mentioned above and I think he'll get back into law.

If Cruz had any fear of the left he wouldn't have led the Congressional charge to audit the 2020 election.  More likely he's waiting on Trump's decision because he knows Trump will irreparably damage the R party in another contested primary campaign.

Most other potential R contenders will be thinking the same thing.  Obviously no one has to declare anything now, but ASAP after the mid-terms Trump should make his intentions clear in the best interests of the R party and the MAGA movement.  Every day he waits after about 1 January 2023 hurts the overall chances by needlessly delaying mobilization of other campaigns.
James 1:20

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #281 on: May 23, 2021, 01:21:13 am »
If Cruz had any fear of the left he wouldn't have led the Congressional charge to audit the 2020 election.  More likely he's waiting on Trump's decision because he knows Trump will irreparably damage the R party in another contested primary campaign.

@HoustonSam

GAWD,but I hope so! If there has ever been an alleged political party that needs to be damaged,it is the alleged Republican Party. They are nothing less than the Dim Junior Varsity.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #282 on: May 23, 2021, 01:35:28 am »
@HoustonSam

GAWD,but I hope so! If there has ever been an alleged political party that needs to be damaged,it is the alleged Republican Party. They are nothing less than the Dim Junior Varsity.

LOL.  I'll certainly agree with you @sneakypete that many of them simply refuse to learn from Trump some obvious truths.  Maybe getting Liz Cheney and those 150 other has-beens and never-wases out of the way will make some positive difference.

But the damage Trump would do during another contested primary would not be the bad taste of medicine or even the side-effect sickness of chemo; it would be cancer.  Even if he is elected again in 2024, he'll be out after that and the Ds will still be infecting us, but we won't have any immune system.  Maybe we don't anyway.

I'm talking here about a contested R primary campaign, not about a second Trump presidency.  If he's the nominee I expect I'll vote for him.

Trump is temporary; election integrity should not be.
Trump is temporary; the Ds (unfortunately) are not.

Sacrificing the long term for an enjoyable short term is not a winning strategy.
James 1:20

Offline corbe

« Reply #283 on: May 23, 2021, 01:37:03 am »
   Yes,  @HoustonSam but everyone get a trophy.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #284 on: May 23, 2021, 05:38:11 am »
DeSantis, DeSantis, DeSantis .... he's relatively new in the political arena. 

#4  Before being a governor he had absolutely zero political experience.  No other record to really check. 

Before his election as governor, DeSantis represented Florida's 6th congressional district in the U.S. House where he was a founding member of the Freedom Caucus (among other things). He was elected to three terms beginning in 2012. DeSantis resigned his U.S. House seat on September 10, 2018, in order to focus on his gubernatorial campaign @libertybele

« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 05:46:48 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #285 on: May 23, 2021, 05:41:46 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

I'd like to see his internal polling in Texas @sneakypete   Texans may be more intereted in what Cruz can do for them and their state --- at least right now --- rather than a bid for the Presidency, again.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #286 on: May 23, 2021, 05:42:57 am »
Before his election as governor, DeSantis represented Florida's 6th congressional district in the U.S. House. He was elected to three terms beginning in 2012. DeSantis resigned his U.S. House seat on September 10, 2018, in order to focus on his gubernatorial campaign @libertybele

@Right_in_Virginia

I have yet to hear a single thing about him that I don't like.

The only possible "hit" I can see him taking that might stick is his lack of experience.

« Reply #287 on: May 23, 2021, 06:00:41 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

I have yet to hear a single thing about him that I don't like.

The only possible "hit" I can see him taking that might stick is his lack of experience.

DeSantis is up for reelection in 2022 ... if he wins, the VP slot is his to lose.  (Actually, I think the results of 2022 are key for both Trump and DeSantis )  But imagine this guy after four years under Trump's tutelage.  Democrats will need not apply .... evah again.    happy77

Interesting remarks by the Governor here ---- who does he sound like?   888blackhat  @sneakypete

https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1395885571529076739

« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 06:01:45 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #288 on: May 23, 2021, 06:09:24 am »
DeSantis is up for reelection in 2022 ... if he wins, the VP slot is his to lose.  (Actually, I think the results of 2022 are key for both Trump and DeSantis )  But imagine this guy after four years under Trump's tutelage.  Democrats will need not apply .... evah again.    happy77

Interesting remarks by the Governor here ---- who does he sound like?   888blackhat  @sneakypete

https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1395885571529076739

@Right_in_Virginia

He sounds like my dream candidate.

The only thing I can think of that would make him even gooder would be if he were to say he wanted to pass a law deporting the entire damn Bush Crime Family to another solar system.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 06:11:55 am by sneakypete »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #289 on: May 23, 2021, 10:45:28 am »
Lol, I still have all the Duncan Hunter stuff, I really was smitten with him.

I printed out tee-shirts and buttons...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #290 on: May 23, 2021, 03:54:50 pm »
It's not that, @Cyber Liberty   Not all of it.

We need a candidate that is able to draw American registered voters from BOTH Parties.  He's been made a caricature by the mainstream media, and that will only hurt him because well...he's no Donald Trump.

Maybe DeSantis...because he's made Florida Great Again?

No.

We can't afford another moderate shill, some trash the Never Trumpers or the "Principled" Conservatives might like.    No more Bushes, Romneys, McStains or whatever.    If some Rodent likes any part of the garbage we're seeing from their current party, they need to outgrow that, and the best way to get the confused Americans out of the Rodent party is to give their stupid butts a real choice, just like they had in 2020.  Trump won that election, so it shouldn't be a problem holding them by presenting another conservative fighter.

And there aren't many besides Cruz and DeSantis.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 03:55:46 pm by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #291 on: May 23, 2021, 04:00:47 pm »
Remember Reagan's First Commandment..............................

What, speak no ill of Traitor McCain when he casts the one vote America needed to kill MessiahCare...to save MessiahCare?

Speak no ill of Romney as he votes repeatedly to support the Rodents' sham impeachments?

Speak no ill of Lindsey Graham as he flutters in the wind of media opinion?

Speak no ill of John Roberts as he violates his oath to defend the Constitution in so many ways?

Speak no ill of Jeff Sessions as he defends the sham Special Counsel who lied his ass off, who did nothing to enforce the law and protect the United States?   And Bill Barr, too?

If some POS (Person of Excrement) "Republican" RINO is actively against the United States, hose him with disdain, ridicule and biocide disinfectants.

If there are some moron "Republicans" or Principled Conservatives out there who insist that they need more "proof" to decide if the Stolen Election of 2020 was stolen or not, they're not Americans and deserve permanent scorn for being the traitors they are.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 04:02:13 pm by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #292 on: May 23, 2021, 04:05:35 pm »

#4  Before being a governor he had absolutely zero political experience.  No other record to really check. 

Then there was this guy who rode escalators who became the best president since Reagan and even won re-election.

And how much political history did Lincoln have before being elected President?   No one ever did as great a job as Lincoln.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #293 on: May 23, 2021, 04:07:47 pm »
Perhaps, but Cruz's natural base is TEA. He was the TEA Party's golden boy. He was the tip of the spear. You cannot tell me they didn't take notice just like me.

The TEA party allowed itself to be infiltrated by RINOs.   

And now we see the same effort at dilution of the Trump Majority by the same RINOs who are now calling themselves "Never Trumpers".

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #294 on: May 23, 2021, 04:17:57 pm »
They did the same thing to Alan Keyes in Atlanta in 1996.  Except with Keyes, they slapped the hand cuffs on him and hauled him away in the back seat of a police car.

Keyes lost his white base (me) when he decided the games the GOP played on national politics was "racism", when the truth of the matter is that those political games are always the same and haven't changed since the birth of the former Republic.

He just couldn't cope.   

And he was doing so well.

Then again, look at the desperate and drastic lengths the Rodents descended to keep Herman Cain off the same debate stage as that illegal alien from Kenya.    Cain was a real civil rights marcher.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #295 on: May 23, 2021, 04:35:34 pm »
Keyes lost his white base (me) when he decided the games the GOP played on national politics was "racism", when the truth of the matter is that those political games are always the same and haven't changed since the birth of the former Republic.

He just couldn't cope.   

And he was doing so well.

Then again, look at the desperate and drastic lengths the Rodents descended to keep Herman Cain off the same debate stage as that illegal alien from Kenya.    Cain was a real civil rights marcher.

He (Herman Cain) ruined his chances when he touted his 999 plan.  It involved the creation of a new tax (national sales tax), and he was blind to not understand that 9% would have been a floor, not a ceiling.  Dems would have pounced on that and raised rates a lot. 

Yes, he was great on Civil Rights, but he was a zero on tax policy.  There was no way I could have voted for him.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 05:40:49 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #296 on: May 23, 2021, 05:05:03 pm »
He ruined his chances when he touted his 999 plan.  It involved the creation of a new tax (national sales tax), and he was blind to not understand that 9% would have been a floor, not a ceiling.  Dems would have pounced on that and raised rates a lot. 

Yes, he was great on Civil Rights, but he was a zero on tax policy.  There was no way I could have voted for him.

You're talking Cain, of course.

No, what ruined Cain's chances was the fake bimbo eruptions organized by the Rodents.     Clearly racism was involved.  The Rodents had to smear Cain with whatever it took to get him out of the process because they couldn't ever allow a real American black man (note no parenthesis) opposing their illegal alien mulatto.  Cain even had the American Negro accent down cold, whereas the illegal alien half-breed couldn't pronounce "corpsman" correctly.   

His 999 plan would have had to go through Congress.  Wouldn't have happened. 

However, the replacement of the income tax with any form of national retail-only sales tax would have been a fantastic boon to America.    So what if it was the basement value?   People who don't pay any federal tax at all (more than 50% of American) would be paying federal taxes finally.  So would illegal aliens and tourists. 

And people who wanted to budget how much tax they paid would be able to do just that.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 05:07:47 pm by Sled Dog »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #297 on: May 23, 2021, 05:17:43 pm »
You're talking Cain, of course.

No, what ruined Cain's chances was the fake bimbo eruptions organized by the Rodents.     Clearly racism was involved.  The Rodents had to smear Cain with whatever it took to get him out of the process because they couldn't ever allow a real American black man (note no parenthesis) opposing their illegal alien mulatto.  Cain even had the American Negro accent down cold, whereas the illegal alien half-breed couldn't pronounce "corpsman" correctly.   

His 999 plan would have had to go through Congress.  Wouldn't have happened. 

However, the replacement of the income tax with any form of national retail-only sales tax would have been a fantastic boon to America.    So what if it was the basement value?   People who don't pay any federal tax at all (more than 50% of American) would be paying federal taxes finally.  So would illegal aliens and tourists. 

And people who wanted to budget how much tax they paid would be able to do just that.

999 was one of those ideas that sounds good on paper, but anybody with the slightest knowledge of how government bureaucracies work know it will be rigged from day one.

If a national sales tax were to actually pass, poor people would be given special income tax breaks so they won't have to pay it.  That shoots the "people riding free will get taxed" argument right out of the water.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #298 on: May 23, 2021, 05:25:24 pm »
No.

We can't afford another moderate shill, some trash the Never Trumpers or the "Principled" Conservatives might like.    No more Bushes, Romneys, McStains or whatever.    If some Rodent likes any part of the garbage we're seeing from their current party, they need to outgrow that, and the best way to get the confused Americans out of the Rodent party is to give their stupid butts a real choice, just like they had in 2020.  Trump won that election, so it shouldn't be a problem holding them by presenting another conservative fighter.

And there aren't many besides Cruz and DeSantis.

Pompeo, Cotton, Greene, Cruz, DeSantis, and that's about it.    I'd match  Cruz with Greene, Pompeo with Cotton, or Greene and DeSantis.  Either way, Cruz and Trump I believe have the ability to run the 'game' to get them seated.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #299 on: May 23, 2021, 05:30:35 pm »
He ruined his chances when he touted his 999 plan.  It involved the creation of a new tax (national sales tax), and he was blind to not understand that 9% would have been a floor, not a ceiling.  Dems would have pounced on that and raised rates a lot. 

I'm pretty sure you are confusing Dr. Keyes with Herman Cain. @Cyber Liberty
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien