Author Topic: Ted Cruz’s Time Is Coming to Lead a Resurgent Right  (Read 20212 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Ted Cruz’s Time Is Coming to Lead a Resurgent Right
« Reply #225 on: May 22, 2021, 12:49:09 am »

...hmmm @SamHouston ... 2 possibilities for 2024 - Sanders and McEnany!  Thoughts??

NO Huckabees. That apple probably did not fall far from the horse.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #226 on: May 22, 2021, 12:51:02 am »
Marjorie Taylor Greene for VP

She's a firebrand--unafraid of the GOPe or the Dems, and makes no bones about it. The "strong woman" who doesn't mind speaking real truth to power and has a following of her own.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #227 on: May 22, 2021, 12:53:23 am »

...hmmm @SamHouston ... 2 possibilities for 2024 - Sanders and McEnany!  Thoughts??

I believe Sarah Huckabee Sanders has already announced some political aspirations.  I don't know that Kayleigh has experience that would recommend her for an executive role.  IMO she was stellar with the press and I hope she can teach other R press secretaries in her methods.
James 1:20

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #228 on: May 22, 2021, 12:59:45 am »
@HoustonSam
@sneakypete
@roamer_1
@Smokin Joe
@libertybele

ROFL!!!  Tough crowd tonight!!

Yeah, I like DeSantis' penchant to go against the grain. Keeping Florida open while everyone else was wetting their pants.

But I also voiced my choice was for Fred Thompson once...during either the McCain or Romney circuses.   So, what do I know?    :shrug:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #229 on: May 22, 2021, 01:45:07 am »
But I also voiced my choice was for Fred Thompson once...during either the McCain or Romney circuses.   So, what do I know?    :shrug:

As a native Tennessean I liked Thompson, but he voted to acquit Clinton during the latter's impeachment and as I recall his justification was "Well, he only did it once..."

Never could think of Fred the same after that.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #230 on: May 22, 2021, 01:53:00 am »
That picture resulted registered  a 6.0 on the Richter Scale at TOS.  Cruz is still the anti-Christ at that toilet of a site, and the owner doesnt even try to tone them down.

This story will also bring out the zot calls.

Trump and Kasich Team Up to Ambush Cruz at Michigan Convention

Denial is not pretty.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #231 on: May 22, 2021, 01:56:17 am »
Sorry @DCPatriot, if anyone tried to make Cruz a caricature it was Trump with "Lyin' Ted."  And if anyone *has been made* a caricature by the established media (they are in no sense "mainstream") it's Trump.

The most frustrating part of all is that these #ATers to this day can't name a single thing that Cruz lied about.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #232 on: May 22, 2021, 01:59:30 am »

Denial is not pretty.
Denial? Hell no. I despised Trump the candidate.

But given current conditions as president he was the best thing that could've happened to the nation. So I forgave him.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 02:00:50 am by skeeter »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #233 on: May 22, 2021, 02:01:26 am »
Denial? Hell no. I despised Trump the candidate.

But given current conditions as president he was the best thing that could've happened to the nation. So I forgave him.

My sentiments as well.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #234 on: May 22, 2021, 02:04:45 am »
Let's cut to the quick here:  You want Cruz out because he pissed Trump off in 2016, never mind all the things Cruz has done since.

OMG.  This shit will never end, no matter how many times I correct "the record".  I will try one more time to explain this --- directly to you this time @Cyber Liberty

I was very happy with the 2016 election.  I hold no ill will toward Ted Cruz --- Why would I?  My guy won.   :shrug:

I don't want to see Cruz run again for the same two reasons I've posted all day:  Ted Cruz has a repellent factor; there's just something about him that doesn't win over voters.  And then there's that pesky NBC thing.  Whether you think he is or you think he isn't --- the damn thing would be an issue.  Why add both factors to a sure uphill battle?

As for the things Cruz has done since 2016:  I'm aware of no legislation passed with his name as the author.  I think back over the past four years and I don't hear Cruz's voice.

I give him two thumbs up for his two votes not to convict the President in the sham impeachment trials.

Fast forward to the election fraud and I give him a gold star for standing up on Jan 6 and trying to challenge at least one of the contested states.  I'd give him two stars for his efforts if he had proposed a two week delay in certification early enough for it to be possible. 

Which brings me to my point:  I don't see in Cruz the guts or the self-confidence to think outside the box or make rapid fire decisions and carry them through.  His instincts are too hesitant; too unreliable.

But there's no question he's a good conservative and a valuable Senator.

@txradioguy

« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 03:56:45 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #235 on: May 22, 2021, 02:25:36 am »

Denial is not pretty.

Sweetie---you do understand that this was a contest for the most coveted prize on the planet --- do you not?  And the alliances shifted back and forth during the primaries, as they often do.  It was a big, beautiful slugfest. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz-JwJcF9wg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhBquoaSQRg

Rubio and Cruz team up to attack Trump at Republican debate
France24, 26/02/2016

https://www.france24.com/en/20160226-anxious-slow-trump-both-rubio-cruz-go-after-him

« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 02:35:11 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #236 on: May 22, 2021, 02:44:05 am »
Going after the frontrunner on a debate stage doesn't even compare to cutting a deal with the GOP Establishment to guarantee their power hold over the Republican Party for the next four years.  But then you knew that already.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #237 on: May 22, 2021, 02:48:03 am »
OMG.  This shit will never end, no matter how many times I correct "the record".  I will try one more time to explain this --- directly to you this time @Cyber Liberty

I was very happy with the 2016 election.  I hold no ill will toward Ted Cruz --- Why would I?  My guy won.   :shrug:

I don't want to see Cruz run again for the same two reasons I've posted all day:  Ted Cruz has a repellent factor; there's just something about him that doesn't win over voters.  And then there's that pesky NBC thing.  Whether you think he is or you think he isn't --- the damn thing would be an issue.  Why add both factors to a sure uphill battle?

As for the things Cruz has done since 2016:  I'm aware of no legislation passed with his name as the author.  I think back over the past four years and I don't hear Cruz's voice.

I give him two thumbs up for his two votes not to convict the President in the sham impeachment trials.

Fast forward to the election fraud and I give him a gold star for standing up on Jan 6 and trying to challenge at least one of the contested states.  I'd give him two stars for his efforts if he had proposed a two week delay in certification early enough for it to be possible. 

Which brings me to my point:  I don't see in Cruz the guts or the self-confidence to think outside the box or make rapid fire decisions and carry them through.  His instincts are too hesitant; too unreliable.

But there's no question he's a good conservative and a valuable Senator.

@Right_in_Virginia

You may have missed (ignored?) my question. I'll try again...

Simple yes or no, please: If Ted Cruz were the Republican nominee in 2024, would you vote for him? 

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

« Reply #238 on: May 22, 2021, 02:54:23 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

You may have missed (ignored?) my question. I'll try again...

Simple yes or no, please: If Ted Cruz were the Republican nominee in 2024, would you vote for him?

See reply 177

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #239 on: May 22, 2021, 03:21:26 am »
See reply 177

@Right_in_Virginia

Thanks. A link would have been helpful, but I eventually found it.

You could do what many who, in good conscience couldn't vote for Trump, did in 2016 -- leave POTUS blank or do a write-in and vote conservative down-ballot.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 03:22:50 am by AllThatJazzZ »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #240 on: May 22, 2021, 03:26:47 am »

« Reply #241 on: May 22, 2021, 03:45:20 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

Thanks. A link would have been helpful, but I eventually found it.

You could do what many who, in good conscience couldn't vote for Trump, did in 2016 -- leave POTUS blank or do a write-in and vote conservative down-ballot.

I did try to post a link....but it kept giving me a different page.  Sorry about that @AllThatJazzZ

« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 03:48:08 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #242 on: May 22, 2021, 03:46:59 am »
Profiles in courage.

How about you wait until we have a candidate before you start insulting me.  Pace yourself.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #243 on: May 22, 2021, 04:51:07 am »
I did try to post a link....but it kept giving me a different page.  Sorry about that @AllThatJazzZ

@Right_in_Virginia

Don't worry about it. The formatting here can be confusing.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As I said to CL, I really don't know what I'd do --- and if HR1 passes I probably would just take my marbles and go home, what the hell would be the point?

But, that pesky little "not even born in the US" precedent -- well, it truly is profoundly upsetting for me.

I'm hoping Cruz does the honorable thing and not force millions of Americans to make the kind of Sophie's Choice he'd force on us.  I say "honorable" because I watched Cruz several times, in different venues, address his citizenship in 2015-2016  --- and I am convinced to my soul he knows he's not a NBC.

@skeeter
@Cyber Liberty

Here's reply #177, y'all. In case anyone's following this sidebar exchange.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #244 on: May 22, 2021, 01:27:40 pm »
@HoustonSam
@sneakypete
@roamer_1
@Smokin Joe
@libertybele

ROFL!!!  Tough crowd tonight!!

Yeah, I like DeSantis' penchant to go against the grain. Keeping Florida open while everyone else was wetting their pants.

I liked Fred too.  I actually donated to his campaign.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #245 on: May 22, 2021, 01:38:26 pm »
I liked Fred too.  I actually donated to his campaign.

Another Fred Head here too back in '08.  His taking that effort to a suddened grinding stop is really one of the political mysteries of the past 25 years.  I really thought he would have had great shot at beating the punk POTUS candidate Obama.

My best guess was something in his past made him quit.  At this point we will never know.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #246 on: May 22, 2021, 01:53:36 pm »
How about you wait until we have a candidate before you start insulting me.  Pace yourself.

@Right_in_Virginia

It's a hypothetical question.  You already have a candidate - Ted Cruz.  Your objection now seems to be that Cruz was not born in a US State, similar to Barry Goldwater, John McCain (whom you supported in 2008), Congressman Dan Crenshaw (R-TX), and Congressman Andrew Clyde (R-GA).

Knowing that Ted Cruz will still be Canadian-born in 2024, his birthplace should not factor into any 'wait and see' scenario.

Your decision to support or not support any candidate in 2024 is solely yours to make.  However, considering how ruthless you have been in your treatment of those here who opted out of voting for the GOP candidate in 2016, many here are interested in whether you would be guilty of violating that same standard in 2024 if Ted Cruz was the candidate.  It is a fair question for @AllThatJazzZ to ask considering your past behavior.

If you decide, knowing what you know now about Ted Cruz, that you would not vote Republican in the 2024 Presidential race if Cruz was the nominee, then I believe an apology to those of us who took a similar approach in 2016 is in order.

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #247 on: May 22, 2021, 01:56:06 pm »
Another Fred Head here too back in '08.  His taking that effort to a suddened grinding stop is really one of the political mysteries of the past 25 years.  I really thought he would have had great shot at beating the punk POTUS candidate Obama.

My best guess was something in his past made him quit.  At this point we will never know.

The consensus was inadequate "fire in the belly."  He simply didn't want to be POTUS badly enough to run the entire race.

IIRC his children were very young for his age.  He might have recognized that they would not have a lot of years with him so decided to focus on family instead.  That's just my personal speculation.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #248 on: May 22, 2021, 02:01:05 pm »

I think he found out he was sick.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #249 on: May 22, 2021, 02:01:33 pm »
LOL! Of course I was not for Thompson. always contrary I guess. I was for Duncan Hunter. And to this day I think Thompson was a stalking horse for McCain't - considering the minute Hunter was out of the picture, Thompson stepped down, leaving the field to McAin't for all intents.

I would have happily voted for Hunter or Tancredo. I might have been talked into Thompson, though he was on the bubble. No one else in that primary was worth a vote. That was the year I walked away from the Republicans, and I ain't looked back, other than Cruz, and Zinke (MT Rep)