Author Topic: How safe are the COVID vaccines?  (Read 11814 times)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: How safe are the COVID vaccines?
« Reply #125 on: April 10, 2021, 09:06:48 pm »
Unlike the Passport Sovietizers and Anti-Vaxxers who both want to deny certain peoples' choices, I think people have the right to make their own risk choices.
I firmly agree.

But I also realize the government in most places isn't going to be as lenient... and if the current bureaucrats in Washington are any indication, it likely will not let the rest of those places be, either.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2021, 03:44:39 am »
Yep.  My son took it before he went on a missions trip overseas a couple of years ago. 

Edited to add -- I wonder if it has any long-lasting effects. Although my daughter-in-law contracted COVID (as a nurse working with the COVID patients), my son did not.

Polly are you LDS? No issue, just helps me understand a person. article 12.  (11?)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2021, 11:03:39 am »
My soon to be 39yo son had his first Pfizer shot yesterday...complaining of tiredness and body aches..went back to bed this morning... :shrug:

@mystery-ak

How is your son doing today? Hopefully he is feeling better.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Hoodat

« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2021, 12:57:15 am »
To anyone who is still considering getting vaccinated, please watch this video:

https://seed167.bitchute.com/BFwpmlvkLsJY/Dccv1kgGBBLl.mp4
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2021, 01:20:08 am »
99.7%. RECOVERY RATE. 

I don't know who started this "99 percent-plus recovery rate" mantra, but it never tells the full story.  The "99 percent-plus" recovery rate does not apply universally across the board.  There are several factors that significantly chip away at the survival rate you're quoting:

There's age (over 60) and there are "comorbidities" (other illness) that put someone at greater risk of a long recovery or none at all --- at any age.

These risks include: obesity, lung disease (COPD, asthma), cardiovascular disease (arteriosclerosis, heart valve disorders, heart rhythm disorders, high blood pressure), diabetes, liver disease, existing immune system disorders.

So that blanket 99%+ recovery may be giving some folks a false sense of security. The responsible thing to do is encourage people to make the best, informed decision they can make for themselves after talking with their personal physicians. 

Online Hoodat

« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2021, 01:26:35 am »
The responsible thing to do is encourage people to make the best, informed decision they can make for themselves after talking with their personal physicians.

I haven't had a personal physician since 2011.  So I have to seek out information myself instead of trusting someone with the abbreviation 'Dr.' before their name (e.g. Fauci).  I recommend others do the same.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2021, 01:36:04 am »
To anyone who is still considering getting vaccinated, please watch this video:

https://seed167.bitchute.com/BFwpmlvkLsJY/Dccv1kgGBBLl.mp4

Thanks for the video.  I have heard several similar warnings from other medical professionals.  I do not do well with some prescribed meds.  Vaccine is not for me.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2021, 01:43:55 am »
I haven't had a personal physician since 2011.  So I have to seek out information myself instead of trusting someone with the abbreviation 'Dr.' before their name (e.g. Fauci).  I recommend others do the same.

I still recommend folks sit and talk with a physician....even if he/she is your neighbor's doc.  And yes, you can bring your Internet notes.  But talk to someone with a calmer presence of mind than found on the world wide web.

« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2021, 01:47:29 am »
I haven't had a personal physician since 2011.  So I have to seek out information myself instead of trusting someone with the abbreviation 'Dr.' before their name (e.g. Fauci).

Fauci's apples to oranges.  He's not a physician, he's a politician.

Online libertybele

« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2021, 01:54:28 am »
I still recommend folks sit and talk with a physician....even if he/she is your neighbor's doc.  And yes, you can bring your Internet notes.  But talk to someone with a calmer presence of mind than found on the world wide web.

Certainly a lot of misinformation out there but also a lot of information that is kept from the public.  IMHO I don't trust a vaccine that had very minimal testing.  We've been lied to about this virus from the beginning.  Of course the medical community in general is going to back a vaccine.  Just like the flu vaccine.  I know a woman in her early 90's who never had any vaccines.  None.  She is healthy and is on no medications....not even a low dose aspirin that the docs push.  I am not one for meds.  They have absolutely done me more harm than good.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2021, 02:10:58 am »
Certainly a lot of misinformation out there but also a lot of information that is kept from the public.  IMHO I don't trust a vaccine that had very minimal testing.  We've been lied to about this virus from the beginning.  Of course the medical community in general is going to back a vaccine.  Just like the flu vaccine.  I know a woman in her early 90's who never had any vaccines.  None.  She is healthy and is on no medications....not even a low dose aspirin that the docs push.  I am not one for meds.  They have absolutely done me more harm than good.

I'm not trying to talk anyone into taking one direction or the other.  I'm just hoping folks, including you, make the decision with at least some input from their physician.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2021, 02:16:48 am »
I saw my primary care physician last week. He asked if I'd gotten the vaccine, and I said no. He didn't pursue it and made no effort to talk me into it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2021, 02:23:46 am »
I saw my primary care physician last week. He asked if I'd gotten the vaccine, and I said no. He didn't pursue it and made no effort to talk me into it.

Did you ask a question about the vaccine or give him the ole' malocchio??  :laugh:

Online libertybele

« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2021, 02:25:11 am »
I'm not trying to talk anyone into taking one direction or the other.  I'm just hoping folks, including you, make the decision with at least some input from their physician.

I talked to one of my doctors and she thinks it should be ok.  It wasn't a very definitive answer.  Also none of my doctor's offices have the vaccine available.  It is being administered by grocery store and chain pharmacies.  No thank you.

They are going to try to force everyone to get the vaccine but when people start to get adverse reactions later on, the public will realize that they've been duped  once again by our govt.....just my opinion.  Nope.  Not getting the vaccine!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2021, 02:25:23 am »

Again, I don't have a physician.  Thanks to the federal government.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2021, 02:27:20 am »

This is awful.  Why thanks to the government?  Obamacare?  VA?

You need a physician...... where are you located?

Online libertybele

« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2021, 02:30:39 am »

At this point in time you're probably better off.  Herbs and diet changes for me have proven to be more beneficial than a lot of the harmful ingredients in prescribed meds.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2021, 02:31:46 am »
Did you ask a question about the vaccine or give him the ole' malocchio??  :laugh:
I don't know what that means.

He asked the question,  I answered and that was the entire covid discussion. I have to get a covid test in a couple of weeks because of upcoming surgery, but I hope that's the extent of my covid experience.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2021, 02:33:14 am »

My brother is a doctor.  Zero common sense.  He is a demon-rat and voted for obama.  Valedictorian of his class. Straight  A student. 4.0. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No5Bz2eHNtA&t=27s

Online Hoodat

« Reply #144 on: April 13, 2021, 02:36:09 am »

My friends at the CDC are still refusing to take it.  But then what do they know, right?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #145 on: April 13, 2021, 02:39:31 am »
At this point in time you're probably better off.  Herbs and diet changes for me have proven to be more beneficial than a lot of the harmful ingredients in prescribed meds.

:thumbsup:

I agree.  Every year about 200,000 people die,  from doctor malpractice.  Having a doctor does not mean you will live.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #146 on: April 13, 2021, 02:58:45 am »
This is awful.  Why thanks to the government?  Obamacare?  VA?

You need a physician...... where are you located?

Obamacare.  I had great insurance at work.  In 2011, the federal government came in and started dictating the coverage they had to offer.  It became cost-prohibitive for the company to continue the excellent coverage they had while at the same time providing all the additional requirements the federal government imposed upon them.  So they cut coverage and switched companies.  The new company had a smaller network.  It did not include my physician.  (He was forced into early retirement shortly after due to his own set of new federal regulations).  The physicians in the new network were either no longer taking patients or were located so far away that it was not practical to use them.

During the next several years, I saw my premiums continue to rise and my deductibles to rise even higher.  Eventually, I went for an HSA and super-high deductible because I was tired of subsidizing the adult children of my co-workers and their pre-existing conditions, not to mention the higher cost of everything because people with no money were now getting federal dollars coming from my taxes to compete against me for medical care.

This past year, my company switched coverage again to an even worse company.  Effectively, I have no insurance.  My deductible is over $12,000.  All of my medical costs come out of pocket.  Yet I am still required by law to carry medical insurance on myself and my family.  And on top of that, the threshold for deducting medical expenses was increased by 33%, again thanks to the federal government.

I am grateful to Almighty G-d for good health.  He alone is my fortress, my healer.  And He is not telling me to get the vaccine.

It cannot be emphasized enough that anything the government gets involved with, it ruins.  And the battle against this virus is no exception.  It is the government that has rejected and in some cases outlaw low-cost methods that have been proven to save lives.  It is the government that has lied again and again about this virus.  It is the government that funded this lab in the first place.  And it is the government that insists that getting this vaccine will not change a thing about our current nazi usurpation of our basic freedoms.

If for your vaccine to work requires that I get vaccinated, then your vaccine doesn't work.  And it doesn't take a personal physician to figure that one out.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2021, 03:06:08 am »
My brother is a doctor.  Zero common sense.  He is a demon-rat and voted for obama.  Valedictorian of his class. Straight  A student. 4.0. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No5Bz2eHNtA&t=27s

They tell you it is nothing about tracking you, then continue while saying, it is a chip in your system......

« Reply #148 on: April 13, 2021, 03:58:14 am »
It's not my vaccine @Hoodat   ... I've no skin in this game.

And I'm sorry to hear your difficulties with health insurance.  I couldn't agree more that once government gets involved in it, kiss goodbye how well it's been working.

A damn shame all around.

Wishing you and yours continued good health  :beer:

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #149 on: April 13, 2021, 11:20:28 am »
My friends at the CDC are still refusing to take it.  But then what do they know, right?
I highly doubt you have "friends at the CDC" who would even be allowed to refuse.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024