Author Topic: How safe are the COVID vaccines?  (Read 11699 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: How safe are the COVID vaccines?
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2021, 04:27:25 pm »
But it also gets an edge from mutations that let it escape antibodies from other coronaviruses. They estimate that in 100 people who were infected with non-P.1 lineages in Manaus last year, somewhere between 25 and 61 of them could have been reinfected if they were exposed to P.1 in Manaus.

The researchers found support for this conclusion in an experiment in which they mixed P.1 viruses with antibodies from Brazilians who had Covid-19 last year. They found that the effectiveness of their antibodies dropped sixfold against P.1 compared with other coronaviruses. That drop might mean that at least some people would be vulnerable to new infections from P.1.

That's really beautiful and all, but is there a documented case of someone fully recovered from the virus being hospitalized from one of these new so-called 'variants'?  No petri dish experiments.  No theories.  No estimates.  But an actual case?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2021, 04:28:14 pm »
If your vaccine needs for me to be vaccinated in order for it to work, then your vaccine doesn't work.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2021, 04:49:49 am »
From all that I have read, and doctors I have listened to, it is not the immediate after affects of the vaccine at issue, it is 2 - 20 years down the road when your body is attacked by another virus other than COVID, speculation being that those with the vaccine will have an auto immune response, which will kill many.  Time will tell.

These vaccines are NOT tested.  The whole reason it takes 5 to 10 years to develop a vaccine or any pharma is due to the testing that takes place.  We had zero animal testing with these vaccines.  ZERO!!!

I have had this crap disease twice now.  When I had it first time, there was no test to determine if I had COVID.  The most recent bout of this sh*t, which was just recently, I tested positive.  About the most scary thing is how quickly one becomes weak.  Extremely weak unlike any illness I experienced before.  I WILL NOT GET A VACCINE TO PROTECT AGAINST A VIRUS KILLING 2/10THS OF ONE PERCENT.   I am 67, and I am overweight, and I would much rather take my chances with the virus each year than shoot my body with something that makes me a guinea pig.

And when I was young, I did not know a single person that was autistic.  The last companies I trust are pharma.  If you knew the process for getting pharma approved, you would not trust any pharma product either.  Corruption is an understatement.  Anyone that trusts the FDA is simply clueless.  If it is not vaccines causing autism, then what is?

Both times I had this disease, and my wife, the infectious disease physician, we followed the same course.  Her symptoms were far less, partially because she is 20 years my junior, but she believes because of her taking kefir that she has made at home.  She orders grains that produce fresh kefir daily, with exorbitant bacteria counts, and a broad spectrum of bacteria, like 150 billion in a small glass of kefir..  This last time, her ONLY symptom was a fibro myalgia sort of pain of her skin.  I had that symptom too.  But I had a fever for 15 days, she did not have that. I had half a dozen other symptoms too.

She believes the key to an incredibly strong immune system is the digestive tract being populated with high quality bacteria.  She makes her own kefir, and takes the grains from the culture each day to start the next culture.  The bacteria count is through the roof, and of a much better quality than anything you buy in the store.  She now has me drinking it, so that in the future, should I get it again, my body will respond more like hers.  Since I HATE sour anything, I would normally not want it, but since I lost most of my taste, her kefir taste more like a milkshake.  I can drink it.  I suppose once I get used to it, I will continue drinking it into the future.

I am curious to see how well it will protect me when we have the next virus.

For the women here that are subject to having a UTIs, she strongly recommends this kefir made at home.  If anyone is interested, I can ask her where she gets the grains.  She is very fussy about all that.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 04:53:03 am by jafo2010 »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2021, 05:03:22 am »
And when I was young, I did not know a single person that was autistic.
That's nonsense. You probably knew plenty of people who were what we classify today as "autistic." It was just that the culture of that time didn't put those people at the same disadvantages that they face now.

Asperger syndrome was not considered a thing until 1977. It wasn't considered autism until 2004, which is why you saw the incidence of "autism" jump sixfold around that time: they threw a mild neurodiversity condition into the autism heap and made it look like this huge crisis.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2021, 08:48:35 am »
That's nonsense. You probably knew plenty of people who were what we classify today as "autistic." It was just that the culture of that time didn't put those people at the same disadvantages that they face now.

Asperger syndrome was not considered a thing until 1977. It wasn't considered autism until 2004, which is why you saw the incidence of "autism" jump sixfold around that time: they threw a mild neurodiversity condition into the autism heap and made it look like this huge crisis.
Well, that's part of the problem, and not just in medicine. Moving the goalposts has become THE way to remain relevant, which translates into funding from private and public sources. Now definitions have been expanded to include buffer zones around previous criteria, while some things which would be considered politically incorrect get a pass...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2021, 10:27:54 pm »
An online acquaintance (someone I met at FR before we both were banned) reported she got the J&J vaccine today:  After the injection I was dizzy; they sat me down and gave me crackers and water. Then they bought in two National Guardsmen to take me outside to throw up so I wouldn't throw up in the bathroom. I am now home in bed. UPDATE: left half of face is swollen, red and boiling hot.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2021, 10:35:38 pm »
An online acquaintance (someone I met at FR before we both were banned) reported she got the J&J vaccine today:  After the injection I was dizzy; they sat me down and gave me crackers and water. Then they bought in two National Guardsmen to take me outside to throw up so I wouldn't throw up in the bathroom. I am now home in bed. UPDATE: left half of face is swollen, red and boiling hot.

Oh my God!  I thought that the J&J vaccine would be better than the Moderna or Pfiezer. 

My vote is still NO.  The vaccines are NOT safe. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline thackney

« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2021, 01:12:28 am »
I had the second round of Pfizer Vaccine this afternoon.  I had a bit of a headache for an hour or so but seems fine now.  After dinner, I worked in the garden and fixed a gate the steer had torn loose from this weekend.  I do not have any issues, not even pain at the injection site.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 01:13:53 am by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2021, 01:15:10 am »
Had the 2nd Moderna about 1pm today.  Never felt the shot.

So far, no aches or pains or cold symptoms.   Of course, it's only 8 hours. :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2021, 01:43:53 am »
jmyrlefuller...

Your info is a crock!  My son was born in 1980.  With all we knew at the time, we did not permit any pediatrician to give him vaccines of any kind until he was past three years of age because of the SUSPICION  that they caused autism.  Same was true for our other two kids that came along later.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2021, 02:16:13 am »
She makes her own kefir, and takes the grains from the culture each day to start the next culture

It would be greatly appreciated if you share the specifics of this.  (And, yes, will sign a release if you'd like  :laugh:)

Thanks!  @jafo2010

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2021, 02:56:22 am »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2021, 04:29:41 am »
Got my 2nd Pfizer vaccine a week ago today.

Shot 1, my arm was sore for 2 days.
Shot 2, arm really didn't even get sore.  No other side effects or impacts. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2021, 06:59:51 pm »
I got my 2nd dose Pfizer yesterday, @ 2:00 pm
I was fine last night.
Got up for work this morning.
I didn't go.
O2 down in the 80's %.
Sweating, from low grade fever.
Dizzy.
Loss of appetite.

Feeling a bit better.
A little sore in the arm, O2% coming back up, appetite returning.
Head feels a bit clogged still, no more fever.

My unscientific poll of people who have had a 2nd shot finds that 25% had side effects for the next day, including me.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2021, 10:29:13 pm »
Your info is a crock!
Oh, really?

I was diagnosed with Asperger's 20 years ago. It runs, to various degrees, in my family. By and large, I've lived a healthy, productive, "normal" life without any interventions to speak of. I am sure that many others like me have as well, especially before we had to diagnose every idiosyncratic behavior as some sort of mental disorder.

So please, tell me how the reason I do struggle with some things is because my parents gave me a vaccine instead of force-feeding me some quack's bacteria-laced concoction.  :chairbang:

Offline MOD4

« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2021, 10:46:44 pm »
 :im waiting:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2021, 10:57:55 pm »
I had my second moderna shot on the 1st.

Headache for two days. Not a migraine but it was annoying. Also nauseous. But I’ll take it, it’s still better than getting Covid
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2021, 11:07:02 pm »
From all that I have read, and doctors I have listened to, it is not the immediate after affects of the vaccine at issue, it is 2 - 20 years down the road when your body is attacked by another virus other than COVID, speculation being that those with the vaccine will have an auto immune response, which will kill many.  Time will tell.

These vaccines are NOT tested.  The whole reason it takes 5 to 10 years to develop a vaccine or any pharma is due to the testing that takes place.  We had zero animal testing with these vaccines.  ZERO!!!

I have had this crap disease twice now.  When I had it first time, there was no test to determine if I had COVID.  The most recent bout of this sh*t, which was just recently, I tested positive.  About the most scary thing is how quickly one becomes weak.  Extremely weak unlike any illness I experienced before.  I WILL NOT GET A VACCINE TO PROTECT AGAINST A VIRUS KILLING 2/10THS OF ONE PERCENT.   I am 67, and I am overweight, and I would much rather take my chances with the virus each year than shoot my body with something that makes me a guinea pig.

And when I was young, I did not know a single person that was autistic.  The last companies I trust are pharma.  If you knew the process for getting pharma approved, you would not trust any pharma product either.  Corruption is an understatement.  Anyone that trusts the FDA is simply clueless.  If it is not vaccines causing autism, then what is?

Both times I had this disease, and my wife, the infectious disease physician, we followed the same course.  Her symptoms were far less, partially because she is 20 years my junior, but she believes because of her taking kefir that she has made at home.  She orders grains that produce fresh kefir daily, with exorbitant bacteria counts, and a broad spectrum of bacteria, like 150 billion in a small glass of kefir..  This last time, her ONLY symptom was a fibro myalgia sort of pain of her skin.  I had that symptom too.  But I had a fever for 15 days, she did not have that. I had half a dozen other symptoms too.

She believes the key to an incredibly strong immune system is the digestive tract being populated with high quality bacteria.  She makes her own kefir, and takes the grains from the culture each day to start the next culture.  The bacteria count is through the roof, and of a much better quality than anything you buy in the store.  She now has me drinking it, so that in the future, should I get it again, my body will respond more like hers.  Since I HATE sour anything, I would normally not want it, but since I lost most of my taste, her kefir taste more like a milkshake.  I can drink it.  I suppose once I get used to it, I will continue drinking it into the future.

I am curious to see how well it will protect me when we have the next virus.

For the women here that are subject to having a UTIs, she strongly recommends this kefir made at home.  If anyone is interested, I can ask her where she gets the grains.  She is very fussy about all that.

Nice. I make homemade yogurt, from my dried milk supply.  Very similar.  I make a smoothie out of it.  I freeze 4 oz, in cup and add fruit later in blender, with splash of apple juice.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2021, 11:07:32 pm »
As I posted on another thread..with the 2nd Moderna shot I was sick for almost 3 days..nausea, diarrhea, stomach cramps and body aches...it started just a couple of hours after the shot..then it just disappeared as fast as it came on..

Husband had the pifzer shots..no problem except for a sore arm for about 12hrs...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2021, 11:12:25 pm »
I had my second moderna shot on the 1st.

Headache for two days. Not a migraine but it was annoying. Also nauseous. But I’ll take it, it’s still better than getting Covid

Oh,  no.  A 99.7 % recovery.  Ive had it twice.  Both times, very mild.  ONLY...low grade fever. 5 days first time, 7 days last time.  I putzed around the house, but stayed home. No sneezing, coughing, no running nose...nothing.  Just low grade fever.  VERY ODD.   Twice.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2021, 11:22:16 pm »
:im waiting:
Harsh, perhaps, but I mean it. I don't take kindly to being told I don't know jack squat about something I experience every day. This autism/vaccine hoax was concocted by trial lawyers 30 years ago and it wasn't any truer then than it is now.

You have every right to be skeptical of a vaccine. You have no right to baselessly drag my condition into it.

Online libertybele

« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2021, 11:48:23 pm »
As I posted on another thread..with the 2nd Moderna shot I was sick for almost 3 days..nausea, diarrhea, stomach cramps and body aches...it started just a couple of hours after the shot..then it just disappeared as fast as it came on..

Husband had the pifzer shots..no problem except for a sore arm for about 12hrs...

Most people I know that have rec'd the vaccine have had the Pfizer.  One of my doc's had the Moderna, and was fine, and I didn't ask about the 2nd dose.

I am also concerned about any long term affects.  In time we'll know.

I had more hope for the J&J vaccine, but that vaccine has its own set of issues.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2021, 12:31:48 am »
Harsh, perhaps, but I mean it. I don't take kindly to being told I don't know jack squat about something I experience every day. This autism/vaccine hoax was concocted by trial lawyers 30 years ago and it wasn't any truer then than it is now.

You have every right to be skeptical of a vaccine. You have no right to baselessly drag my condition into it.

I have found the subject of autism interesting. Autism/vaccine hoax?  I'm not quite so positive about that @jmyrlefuller

When my son was given his first dose of MMR, his arm was more red and swollen then usual and the doctor waited to give him his scheduled next dose and cut it down to 1/4 of the dose.  I am thankful that the doctor made that decision as my son had some other health issues around that time that were luckily correctable. So ... coincidence or the vaccine?

When my daughter was studying advanced anatomy in college, it was the 'opinion' of the professor from his research that it was the binding agent in the MMR vaccine that caused autism.  Consequently, when my grandson was born at 25 weeks, before he was able to leave the NICU they wanted to administer most of the required childhood vaccines early.  Though it meant more injections, she requested that he be given the MMR individually rather than the combination.  He thankfully never had any setbecks and is fine.

My nephew has 2 children and the oldest is autistic. He received his immunizations overseas, so the first thought was that it was something environmental as the youngest child is fine and he received his immunizations in the states.  He has undergone immunotherapy and it has made somewhat of a difference.   

My daughter's friend has 5 children and they are all autistic (God bless her heart). So, of course, you can't help but think it's genetic, however, they all had their childhood vaccines.

Granted these are only 4 instances.  In my nephew's case, if it were genetics,  both children would be autistic, which isn't the case.

So,  could indeed the binding agent in the vaccine be the culprit. Perhaps different binding agents are used depending on the manufacturer?

Which brings up the current COVID vaccines -- yes they are used for COVID, but the vaccines obviously differ somewhat by manufacturer. 

Offline Idiot

« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2021, 03:00:11 am »
I got my 2nd dose Pfizer yesterday, @ 2:00 pm
I was fine last night.
Got up for work this morning.
I didn't go.
O2 down in the 80's %.
Sweating, from low grade fever.
Dizzy.
Loss of appetite.

Feeling a bit better.
A little sore in the arm, O2% coming back up, appetite returning.
Head feels a bit clogged still, no more fever.

My unscientific poll of people who have had a 2nd shot finds that 25% had side effects for the next day, including me.
@GrouchoTex
My 24 yr old niece had no problems with the first shot.  The second Pfizer shot she had 102 fever with no appetite for 2 days and had a knot on her arm.  Today she's much better.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 03:01:25 am by mrpotatohead »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2021, 03:12:08 am »
I have found the subject of autism interesting. Autism/vaccine hoax?  I'm not quite so positive about that @jmyrlefuller

When my son was given his first dose of MMR, his arm was more red and swollen then usual and the doctor waited to give him his scheduled next dose and cut it down to 1/4 of the dose.  I am thankful that the doctor made that decision as my son had some other health issues around that time that were luckily correctable. So ... coincidence or the vaccine?

After my son was given his first dose of MMR, he didn't speak again for the next five years.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-