Author Topic: Trump says he won't attend Biden inauguration  (Read 3790 times)

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Trump says he won't attend Biden inauguration
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2021, 10:19:21 pm »
I expected it.  I also expect that when the Senate votes on articles of impeachment -- Trump will be impeached and Mike will vote for his impeachment.

As VP, he won't be voting though.  Unless during senate trial and it is a tie. And unless there is a senator missing, there can't be a  tie. (67-33) (66-34)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 10:20:25 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2021, 10:23:32 pm »
I expected it.  I also expect that when the Senate votes on articles of impeachment -- Trump will be impeached and Mike will vote for his impeachment.

Mike doesn't get a vote for his impeachment.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2021, 10:24:17 pm »
Imagine, if you would, a world in which VP Pence had not called for General Flynn to be fired for "lying" to him.

I've never liked Pence and have expressed that sentiment many times ... I wouldn't be surprised if he was responsible for some of the 'leaks' that circulated.  IMHO Pence has always been a swamp creature.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2021, 10:24:51 pm »
Mike doesn't get a vote for his impeachment.

?? Even in the event of a tie??
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2021, 10:25:45 pm »
As VP, he won't be voting though.  Unless during senate trial and it is a tie. And unless there is a senator missing, there can't be a  tie. (67-33) (66-34)

Got it.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2021, 10:26:29 pm »
Heard Biden's talk this morning.  He said Pence is invited to attend the inauguration.

About the inauguration, Bob and I think it should be done at Camp David.  Bob says that place is totally secure; he has been there numerous times in the past.  The people who need to be there would be there and no bad guys could get to Biden - no sniper close or a mile away could reach him. 

If it is the usual out in the open D.C. inauguration with millions around, I do not think that is safe for Biden and other officials.

Abraham Lincoln - Republican
William McKinley - Republican
James Garfield - Republican
JFK - Democrat killed by a communist

See a pattern here?  Biden might as well hold the inauguration in his Delaware basement.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2021, 10:32:01 pm »
This tweet warms my heart ...

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.

10:44 AM · Jan 8, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1347569870578266115

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2021, 10:32:26 pm »
Abraham Lincoln - Republican
William McKinley - Republican
James Garfield - Republican
JFK - Democrat killed by a communist

See a pattern here?  Biden might as well hold the inauguration in his Delaware basement.

He is most at home there. Drool cups, psychotropic drugs, and depends.  The place is like Zed's den....It's To die for.

"Zed's dead baby. Zeds Dead"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2021, 10:38:03 pm »
This tweet warms my heart ...

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.

10:44 AM · Jan 8, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1347569870578266115

Anyone surprised?   :rolling:  Why in the hell would he waste his time? 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2021, 10:41:44 pm »
Trump was never one to exhibit true courage or grace.

@Jazzhead

Steamed because you don't "feel" like your Uncle Joe is getting the proper respectt?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2021, 11:02:29 pm »
Is it a "virtual" (I hate that inaccurate term) inauguration, or not?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2021, 11:04:11 pm »
@Jazzhead

Steamed because you don't "feel" like your Uncle Joe is getting the proper respectt?

No,  I'm not steamed,  I'm saddened.    Think about how different things would be today if he had conceded, even if grudgingly,  and told his followers that the good fight wasn't over and he would be back.   He could then have focused on Georgia to preserve his policy legacy,  and by participating in an orderly transition of power could have preserved his personal legacy, and options for the future.   

This is truly a tragedy,  of a man undone by his own hand.   He will be hounded by wolves,  I fear, for the rest of his days.   

I am chagrined by how much he fooled me.   I thought the Dems'  panicked fears about his stability and intentions were partisan nonsense.  I guess I was  wrong.  I thought he was always a well-intentioned man,  who blustered and took good counsel grudgingly but in the end followed advice and thought first of the nation.   I guess I was wrong about that too. 

I think resignation is the best of the bad choices out there.   I am sorry that it has come to this.       
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2021, 11:06:42 pm »
aka...   January 20, 2021.  Effective date of the coup. Trump/Pence shouldn't be within a 100 miles of this sham.

Pence will be there and I believe he was a part of the 'sham' all along.

Rule #1 - Never nominate a VP that looks like Lurch (Adam's family).  :rolling:

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2021, 11:08:47 pm »
Is it a "virtual" (I hate that inaccurate term) inauguration, or not?

I don't think so. I read that Jimmy and Rosalyn Carter won't be attending. 

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2021, 11:10:02 pm »

I think resignation is the best of the bad choices out there.   I am sorry that it has come to this.     

Succumbing to a resignation? Do you realize the long term political fall out?   This is your dumbest post ever....  and that is saying something.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2021, 11:10:39 pm »
Pence will be there and I believe he was a part of the 'sham' all along.

Rule #1 - Never nominate a VP that looks like Lurch (Adam's family).  :rolling:

Whatever happened to you, @libertybele?    **nononono*
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2021, 11:22:05 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2021, 11:26:22 pm »
Has the Shrub RSVP'd yet?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2021, 11:30:49 pm »

Inauguration location details and decorations were completed today.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2021, 11:40:51 pm »
No,  I'm not steamed,  I'm saddened.    Think about how different things would be today if he had conceded, even if grudgingly,  and told his followers that the good fight wasn't over and he would be back.   He could then have focused on Georgia to preserve his policy legacy,  and by participating in an orderly transition of power could have preserved his personal legacy, and options for the future.   

What a load of bullshit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2021, 11:52:54 pm »
@Sighlass

Me, too, but not 20 yrs.  I left the day Jim kicked so many members off.

And we were here, greeting the lifeboats and sending life-lines via FReepmail. That long thread became the Members Lounge.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2021, 11:56:16 pm »

I've never liked Pence and have expressed that sentiment many times ... I wouldn't be surprised if he was responsible for some of the 'leaks' that circulated.  IMHO Pence has always been a swamp creature.

If Mike Flynn had been in the administration, he'd have blown the coup plotters' plans wide open.  I've long wondered if this factored into Pence's public complaint against him.

@libertybele

« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2021, 11:57:50 pm »

Yes, @Wingnut  He will be attending to help "unify the country".  888mouth

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2021, 11:59:13 pm »
And we were here, greeting the lifeboats and sending life-lines via FReepmail. That long thread became the Members Lounge.

And again thank you. TBR is the best.  In fact I have posted here more in 4 years than I did at FR for 16 years.  This place is that superior.

« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2021, 11:59:15 pm »
Inauguration location details and decorations were completed today.

Top notch!  @catfish1957