Author Topic: Trump says he won't attend Biden inauguration  (Read 3793 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says he won't attend Biden inauguration
« on: January 08, 2021, 04:50:10 pm »
Trump says he won't attend Biden inauguration
By Brett Samuels - 01/08/21 10:50 AM EST

President Trump on Friday said he would not attend President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration, a break with more than a century of tradition as he stews over his defeat.

"To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th,” Trump tweeted.

There had been no indication Trump planned to attend, as up until late Thursday night he had refused to even acknowledge he would no longer be in office on Jan. 20. Advisers expect Trump will travel to Florida instead, and he is reportedly considering doing so a day before the inauguration so he can use Air Force One.

Vice President Pence is expected to attend the event in some capacity, a source said Thursday, though his office maintained he had not been formally invited.

A spokesperson for the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies said that the outgoing president and vice president are never “formally invited” to the ceremonies. Sitting presidents have traditionally attended their successors' inaugurations as a display of support for the peaceful transfer of power.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/533322-trump-says-he-wont-attend-biden-inauguration
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Trump says he won't attend Biden inauguration
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 04:53:45 pm »
aka...   January 20, 2021.  Effective date of the coup. Trump/Pence shouldn't be within a 100 miles of this sham.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 04:56:06 pm »
I think it's best...take AF1 and buzz Cap Hill on the way to Fla... :tongue2:
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 05:01:58 pm »
Trump was never one to exhibit true courage or grace.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 05:04:31 pm »
aka...   January 20, 2021.  Effective date of the coup. Trump/Pence shouldn't be within a 100 miles of this sham.
anyone who believes the classy thing to do would be to sit quietly while the addled old fraud who won by sleight of hand abuses him and his administration has their head up their backside.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 05:13:51 pm »
anyone who believes the classy thing to do would be to sit quietly while the addled old fraud who won by sleight of hand abuses him and his administration has their head up their backside.

And needs to take one upside their head.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2021, 05:50:52 pm »

Traitor Mike has already said he'll attend. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2021, 05:53:26 pm »

**nononono* Disappointing
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2021, 05:54:30 pm »
I guess he’s ok sitting there with a smile while listening to a child mauling intern diddling plagiarizing bribe taking fake phony fraud lectures him on morality.

The man is indeed a saint.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 05:55:35 pm by skeeter »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2021, 05:56:22 pm »

Mike Pence is a patriot who has shown true courage and grace.   For that he will be attacked,  of course,  as a traitor and worse. :rolleyes:
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2021, 06:05:35 pm »
Mike Pence is a patriot who has shown true courage and grace.   For that he will be attacked,  of course,  as a traitor and worse. :rolleyes:

Calling you sense of values warped is a mass understatement. How much longer longer will you out yourself as the disruptor of a conservative site that you are.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2021, 06:15:25 pm »
Trump was never one to exhibit true courage or grace.

His entire term has been nothing but courage.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2021, 06:43:12 pm »

Thank God you posted that.  I was afraid I might have been wrong in my initial post, but now that you chimed in, I know I do not need to reassess my premises.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2021, 06:50:54 pm »

What? Courage without personal restraint (or true direction ie. populism) is recklessness, especially when one can not control their tongue. Trump went big league and made a fool of himself and conservatives in general (and he still has a few embarrassments to dish out).

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2021, 06:54:20 pm »
What? Courage without personal restraint (or true direction ie. populism) is recklessness, especially when one can not control their tongue. Trump went big league and made a fool of himself and conservatives in general (and he still has a few embarrassments to dish out).

Your ability to regurgitiate the MSM narrative verbatim is pretty impressive. 

Online Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2021, 06:55:11 pm »

He still had tremendous courage.  He stood up to Dems, the Drive-by Media, China, Russia, etc. when no other Republican wa willing to do so.  He brokered peace deals between Israel and three other muslim nations when everyone said it couldn't be done.  And he made America energy independent while others cowered at the mercy of the Saudis.

Like him or not, his courage has never faltered over the duration of his term.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2021, 06:56:07 pm »
Agree. I dont think we’ll see anyone attempt to stand alone against the federal leviathan again.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2021, 06:59:34 pm »
Agree. I dont think we’ll see anyone attempt to stand alone against the federal leviathan again.

Yep...I think we know who the real "Kraken " was.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2021, 07:05:15 pm »

Agreed. Pointless, rudderless clamor.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2021, 07:19:17 pm »
Your ability to regurgitiate the MSM narrative verbatim is pretty impressive. 

Yeah, that was all me, my MSM regurgitate is pretty limited since I don't read them (or watch)... I tried ABC (it was on Roku) the other night and it made me want to puke the lies they spewed in just a few minutes. OTOH... I anyone that didn't see the crap Trump pulled over and over again is lying. Making enemies when unnecessary, making threats that were baseless, forgetting to defend the 2nd amendment, ect... the list goes on and on, and the mistakes were often childish that a little restraint would of prevented.

I saw the writing on the wall, I didn't hide it, heck it cost me a 20 year memberships at FR.  Don't count on me to start whitewashing Trump now.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Idiot

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2021, 08:02:40 pm »
I don't blame Trump one bit.  If he attends then he legitimizes it.

Offline mikezpen

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2021, 08:03:56 pm »
Trump's gone in two weeks. He's done. Why fight among ourselves over him?

We all face a common enemy that will cut back our rights any way they can. They will undermine the moral, social and political underpinnings of our society and endanger our nation's very existence by exhibiting weakness to our enemies overseas.

Our politicians have failed us, so now we must fight a people's war. 75 million of us is a big army.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2021, 08:19:12 pm »
Trump's gone in two weeks. He's done. Why fight among ourselves over him?

We all face a common enemy that will cut back our rights any way they can. They will undermine the moral, social and political underpinnings of our society and endanger our nation's very existence by exhibiting weakness to our enemies overseas.

Our politicians have failed us, so now we must fight a people's war. 75 million of us is a big army.
Some need their told-you-sos. Eventually we’ll all get over Trump one day.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2021, 08:40:19 pm »
Some need their told-you-sos.

Or as I opined on another thread...  like jackals fighting over a dead carcass.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2021, 09:03:01 pm »
Biden backs Trump decision not to attend inauguration, calling him an 'embarrassment'
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/533404-biden-backs-trump-decision-not-to-attend-inauguration-calling-him-an
Support the USO