Author Topic: Explosion rocks downtown Nashville on Christmas Day  (Read 7782 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Explosion rocks downtown Nashville on Christmas Day
« Reply #150 on: December 27, 2020, 05:05:08 pm »
Could it have been a "Text to Speech" Voice? They are getting more and more natural sounding as the years go by.

That's true..think Alexa...lol

from your article above

He did information technology work for Nashville real estate agent Steve Fridrich for several years. In an interview with WSMV, Fridrich described him as a “nice guy.” The realtor said, “You know, he was a techie guy. (I) don’t mean anything negative about that. He would do this thing and leave. He didn’t bother anybody. He did his thing and leave.”
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 05:55:20 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #151 on: December 27, 2020, 05:06:29 pm »
I was 60 when I got laid off my job after 35 years, and we moved to our Castle.  It's been paradise ever since.  :shrug:

@Cyber Liberty

No offense intended,but I suspect you don't have the first clue as to what it is like to be a laborer/drone with nothing BUT your paycheck and SS to look forward to,and then be dumped out on the street in your 50's or early 60's with no retirement or hope of finding another job because no one wants to hire someone as old as you.

Even thought I am doing well now,when I was first booted from my job with USPS with no warning due to Agent Orange breakouts,I had nothing. I damn near lost my house. I did lose my new car and new truck. I damn near was reduced to sitting here in the dark and sweating my life away because the power company was going to cut off my electricity. I had to drive to town and grab somebody by the neck over that one,and explain to them I NEEDED ac to keep sweat from making my infections worse,and that bad,bad things might happen to him if I got cut off. You can no longer do that now because the gate to the back stays locked,and they have an armed guard at the front door. My electricity didn't get cut off,though. IIRC,I had 6 or 7 months of payments to make by the time my first retirement check cam.e though,but I did manage to pay them all.

Not everybody has the retirement plan they had been planning for come true,and when it fails,they are too old to go bak and have a re-do.  Desperate people do desperate things. Trust me on this one.

And the sad truth is most Americans have no retirement plan other than SS,combined with any money they can save after paying off their houses and getting out of debt while still working. Guess what happens when they have to quit working  years or so before their plans,and they are too sick or too crippled up to find another job?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #152 on: December 27, 2020, 05:12:32 pm »

5G Wireless Communication and Health Effects—A Pragmatic Review Based on Available Studies Regarding 6 to 100 GHz

Sep 13, 2019

Abstract

The introduction of the fifth generation (5G) of wireless communication will increase the number of high-frequency-powered base stations and other devices. The question is if such higher frequencies (in this review, 6–100 GHz, millimeter waves, MMW) can have a health impact. This review analyzed 94 relevant publications performing in vivo or in vitro investigations. Each study was characterized for: study type (in vivo, in vitro), biological material (species, cell type, etc.), biological endpoint, exposure (frequency, exposure duration, power density), results, and certain quality criteria. Eighty percent of the in vivo studies showed responses to exposure, while 58% of the in vitro studies demonstrated effects. The responses affected all biological endpoints studied. There was no consistent relationship between power density, exposure duration, or frequency, and exposure effects. The available studies do not provide adequate and sufficient information for a meaningful safety assessment, or for the question about non-thermal effects. There is a need for research regarding local heat developments on small surfaces, e.g., skin or the eye, and on any environmental impact. Our quality analysis shows that for future studies to be useful for safety assessment, design and implementation need to be significantly improved.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,423849.msg2351059.html#msg2351059
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #153 on: December 27, 2020, 05:13:35 pm »
Three of my lifelong friends were all recently forced into retirement. And their basic retirement plan had been "Work until I fall over Dead" Now they are suffering the consequences of not planning ahead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #154 on: December 27, 2020, 05:21:09 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

No offense intended,but I suspect you don't have the first clue as to what it is like to be a laborer/drone with nothing BUT your paycheck and SS to look forward to,and then be dumped out on the street in your 50's or early 60's with no retirement or hope of finding another job because no one wants to hire someone as old as you.

Even thought I am doing well now,when I was first booted from my job with USPS with no warning due to Agent Orange breakouts,I had nothing. I damn near lost my house. I did lose my new car and new truck. I damn near was reduced to sitting here in the dark and sweating my life away because the power company was going to cut off my electricity. I had to drive to town and grab somebody by the neck over that one,and explain to them I NEEDED ac to keep sweat from making my infections worse,and that bad,bad things might happen to him if I got cut off. You can no longer do that now because the gate to the back stays locked,and they have an armed guard at the front door. My electricity didn't get cut off,though. IIRC,I had 6 or 7 months of payments to make by the time my first retirement check cam.e though,but I did manage to pay them all.

Not everybody has the retirement plan they had been planning for come true,and when it fails,they are too old to go bak and have a re-do.  Desperate people do desperate things. Trust me on this one.

And the sad truth is most Americans have no retirement plan other than SS,combined with any money they can save after paying off their houses and getting out of debt while still working. Guess what happens when they have to quit working  years or so before their plans,and they are too sick or too crippled up to find another job?

Well, you're wrong about the "drone" part, I was hourly my entire life.  But, I knew from the start Social Security would not be enough, so I didn't buy myself a bunch of expensive toys like boats along the way, instead I saved up.  I knew Large Caps would explode under O'Bastard (at the expense of the Smalls), and I profited from that good guess.  My options were not available to everybody.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #155 on: December 27, 2020, 06:09:21 pm »
Three of my lifelong friends were all recently forced into retirement. And their basic retirement plan had been "Work until I fall over Dead" Now they are suffering the consequences of not planning ahead.

@Elderberry

That may have been THEIR plan,but not everybody has the option to have a plan. Or the good judgement to make one.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #156 on: December 27, 2020, 06:27:38 pm »
Well, you're wrong about the "drone" part, I was hourly my entire life.  But, I knew from the start Social Security would not be enough, so I didn't buy myself a bunch of expensive toys like boats along the way, instead I saved up.  I knew Large Caps would explode under O'Bastard (at the expense of the Smalls), and I profited from that good guess.  My options were not available to everybody.

@Cyber Liberty

Good for you!

The problem is not everyone is as "gifted" with foresight as you were,and even some of the people that were had the skids knocked out from under them due to circumstances beyond their control when they were in their 20's or 30's. I was out of my career in the army at age 25 due to Agent Orange exposure in VN,and had no civilian job skills. Not only that,but at the time of my discharge NOBODY wanted to hire VN vets because were were "ALL psycho killers".

Yeah,I got several good jobs when I was able to work,mostly because I was willing to take minimum wage if I had to,with the hope that my attitude and dedication would help me get raises. Never happened. Somebody's neighbor or child got any of the "good jobs" that came open.

After all,what incinitive did the bosses have to promote me when they they knew they would have a hard time hiring anyone to replace me that would show up sober and work hard to do his best every day?

I got out of the army after almost 7 years with a 10 percent disability rating for back injuries I suffered on a parachute accident on Okinawa. That hurt me more than it helped me because NOBODY wanted to hire someone with a bad back. In fact,USPS turned me down twice because of it. Ironically enough,they finally had to  hire me because once I got Agent Orange Disability,the weasel docs at the VA were so pissed at me and others getting it that in the same letter they gave me 30 percent disability for Agent Orange,they took away the 10 percent disability by claiming my back injury had cured itself.

BTW,I wasn't even eligible for unemployment after getting out out of the army because I was considered to be  "handicapped". The $67 a month I was getting from the VA completely cut me off from receiving unemployment pay.

I was one of the lucky ones. I wasn't as sick or injured as some,and I didn't have children to support. Because of this I was able to take minimum wage jobs and live in the back of a panel truck. Most of the jobs I got were seasonal,and ended when cold weather came,so I just did whatever came along during the winters.

I would have probably turned to crime if Agent Orange hadn't became a public issue,and I hadn't read an article about it while living in Denver,and immediately going to the VA hospital there and filing an Agent Orange claim. It was after getting approved on that claim and the Denver VA docs having a hissy-fit and pulling my back injury disability to prevent me from getting 50 percent disability that I was able to get the post office job. I worked as a letter carrier for 5 years without losing any time before the Agent Orange came back,and after a few months of not being able to work and them not being able to fire me because the time I was missing was due to illness,they were forced to retire me on medical disability.

And I am one of the lucky ones. There are many,many others,who through no real fault of their own other than not being related to or connected to the "right" people,ended up working menial jobs their whole working lives.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 06:31:06 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #157 on: December 27, 2020, 06:34:59 pm »
Here's the house at 3724 Bakertown Rd, Antioch, TN:

www.google.com/maps/@36.0754676,-86.6922587,3a,60y,85.05h,89.2t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sgLkhkNfSfSMqNM4yFBzETw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=fr

(note: for some reason I had trouble creating a "clickable" URL. You might have to copy the text above, and then paste it into a browser for it to "take you there"...)

Also: google maps mispresents this as "3723". You can move to the right, and see the street number on the mailbox post.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 06:40:52 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #158 on: December 27, 2020, 06:41:14 pm »

www.google.com/maps/@36.0754676,-86.6922587,3a,60y,85.05h,89.2t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sgLkhkNfSfSMqNM4yFBzETw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=fr

(note: for some reason I had trouble creating a "clickable" URL. You might have to copy the text above, and then paste it into a browser for it to "take you there"...)

Your link works fine for me....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #159 on: December 27, 2020, 06:41:54 pm »

Interesting.  I was more expecting a "unibomber" kind of abode.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #160 on: December 27, 2020, 06:44:07 pm »
Nashville cops detail lifesaving moments before explosion: 'Christmas will never be the same for us'
Before it exploded, an RV issued a warning to evacuate, counted down, and played the song 'Downtown' by Petula Clark, police said

Five of the six Nashville police officers who went knocking door-to-door to evacuate residents moments before an RV detonated in a fiery blast in the downtown area early Christmas Day detailed their account of events in a press conference Sunday, explaining that it would be a holiday they would never forget.

"Christmas will never be the same for any of us," Officer James Wells, who has been with Metro Nashville Police for 21 months, said at a press conference early Sunday alongside his fellow officers.

excerpt:
It was a female voice announcing that they had 14 minutes until a large bomb would go off and it was their "primary objective" to evacuate. The recording soon changed to a song, which police later identified as "Downtown" by Petula Clark.

Nashville Police Chief John Drake, left, joins a group of police officers as they embrace after speaking at a news conference Sunday, Dec. 27, 2020, in Nashville, Tenn. The officers are part of a group of officers credited with evacuating people before an explosion took place in downtown Nashville early Christmas morning. (AP Photo/Mark Humphrey)

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/nashville-explosion-police-officers-detail-evacuation-response-christmas-rv-downtown-petula-clark
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #161 on: December 27, 2020, 06:48:12 pm »
I wonder which house he live at...the address posted above has a handicap ramp..maybe he was handicapped?
Support the USO

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #162 on: December 27, 2020, 07:07:36 pm »
@HoustonSam
The problem is the pixilation distortion of the brand name is at a critical point.
It is distorting the major T of the name.
On the right you can see the two lines of the upper case T extending out from above the distortion.
In the photo on the left, if you mentally erase the line defining the corner, it becomes round.
The photo on the left is so distorted, as is the one on the right, I cannot tell light/reflectors on either one from simple distortion.
All images I have seen of the RVs have critical details obscured, or are from different (opposing) angles, and do not permit sufficient detail comparison to say whether or not the RVs are the same type, make, and model. Even given that all those details are the same in appearance, that does not prove that it is the same RV, nor does it establish a chain of custody linking the homeowner to the explosion. Are there lithium batteries on site at the AT&T building? I saw an image of a hazmat placard which indicated no water was to be used there on twitter. Could the explosion be from something else and have, incidentally, demolished the RV? Were the popping sounds explained as gunfire from something else, and the warning from the facility and not the vehicle? I'm seeing a lot of assumptions, here, but still short on confirming details.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #163 on: December 27, 2020, 07:16:41 pm »
The *popping* sounds reported as gunfire seems like it could be a huge clue?...Did he fire a weapon to wake everyone in the neighborhood or was something happening in the ATT building?
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #164 on: December 27, 2020, 07:19:28 pm »
The *popping* sounds reported as gunfire seems like it could be a huge clue?...Did he fire a weapon to wake everyone in the neighborhood or was something happening in the ATT building?
Were they also on tape, like the female "warning" voice?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #165 on: December 27, 2020, 07:20:51 pm »
The *popping* sounds reported as gunfire seems like it could be a huge clue?...Did he fire a weapon to wake everyone in the neighborhood or was something happening in the AT&T building?
Another possibility exists, that it could have been part of the audio if designed to get people's attention, wake them up, and get a larger police response to (eventually) clear the area.  But the bottom line is that we don't know. There is supposedly no evidence of a weapon being discharged except for the noise. You would think the police on the scene would have been looking for cartridge cases or bullet damage prior to the announcement that an explosion was imminent. Does anyone have audio of the announcement? If the audio said the vehicle was going to explode, then the rest of this speculation is moot.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #166 on: December 27, 2020, 07:20:55 pm »
All images I have seen of the RVs have critical details obscured, or are from different (opposing) angles, and do not permit sufficient detail comparison to say whether or not the RVs are the same type, make, and model. Even given that all those details are the same in appearance, that does not prove that it is the same RV, nor does it establish a chain of custody linking the homeowner to the explosion. ......... I'm seeing a lot of assumptions, here, but still short on confirming details.

Appreciate your careful thought @Smokin Joe.  Maybe this is the van and maybe this is the guy, but all we've seen is the similarity of a couple of RVs in pictures, one of which has a lot of distortion.

I drive a black Toyota Tundra, as do many other guys around here. If any of them ever commit a crime I guess my house will be raided and searched.
James 1:20

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #167 on: December 27, 2020, 07:22:29 pm »
Appreciate your careful thought @Smokin Joe.  Maybe this is the van and maybe this is the guy, but all we've seen is the similarity of a couple of RVs in pictures, one of which has a lot of distortion.

I drive a black Toyota Tundra, as do many other guys around here. If any of them ever commit a crime I guess my house will be raided and searched.
It would be like a white pickup with a logo on it in this area (oilfield fleet pickups tend to fit that description here, and they are legion).

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #168 on: December 27, 2020, 07:24:30 pm »
Nashville bombing suspect identified, acted as 'lone wolf' say police sources

Last Update 12 mins ago

Nashville bombing suspect identified as Anthony Quinn Warner, 63, police sources say
Authorities believe Warner owned the RV that exploded in downtown Nashville Friday
Danielle Wallace

By Danielle Wallace, David Spunt | Fox News

The suspect allegedly behind the Christmas Day bombing in downtown Nashville has been identified as 63-year-old Anthony Quinn Warner, two law enforcement sources confirmed to Fox News.

Authorities believe Warner owned the RV that exploded in downtown Nashville early Friday, sources said. He also is believed to be deceased from the blast.

Human tissue was found amongst the debris left behind by the explosion, and investigators will be conducting DNA testing.

Metro Nashville Police Department Spokesman Don Aaron confirmed Warner's identity to the Associated Press on Sunday. He did not provide any more details. However, Warner had experience with electronics and alarms, according to public records.

Warner was believed to have lived at the home in Antioch, Tenn., searched for several hours Saturday by the FBI and several other law enforcement agencies. The home address on Google Earth shows the same RV parked in different places on the property dating back several years.

It appears to be a "lone wolf" situation, but the motive remains under investigation. Authorities do not believe the city of Nashville is in danger.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/nashville-bombing-suspect-is-anthony-quinn-warner-63-police-sources-say

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #169 on: December 27, 2020, 07:26:46 pm »

Can you imagine looking for cartridges in this debris...
Support the USO

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #170 on: December 27, 2020, 07:32:38 pm »

Can you imagine looking for cartridges in this debris...
No, but I can while responding to reports of 'shots fired' well before the warnings started.

In the meantime, the usual suspect(s) have been pursued, "the City is safe" and the heat is off the pols.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #171 on: December 27, 2020, 07:47:49 pm »
This seems just a bit simplistic, that is, that a guy who thought he'd get cooties from 5G decided the appropriate response was to wipe out communications capabilities in several states. Oh, well, okay. Nothing to see here.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #172 on: December 27, 2020, 07:55:57 pm »
This seems just a bit simplistic, that is, that a guy who thought he'd get cooties from 5G decided the appropriate response was to wipe out communications capabilities in several states. Oh, well, okay. Nothing to see here.
Yeah, just another wacky right winged domestic terrorist conspiracy theorist....
(If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.)

Gun laws to follow....

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #173 on: December 27, 2020, 08:07:59 pm »

I planned ahead and was on track at 40... By 45 I had lost it all and all my planning didn't amount to a hill of beans... So there's that. Nothing for it, not my fault, and no one to blame. Just all gone. So it ain't generally right to blame folks for where they are in life. Sometimes you can call that right - But other times you are liable to be way off.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #174 on: December 27, 2020, 08:21:40 pm »
So do the trunk internet lines from the Dominion voting machines in Georgia go through Nashville on their way to China/Venezuela/Canada/Spain/wherever? (asking for a concerned friend).

C S Lewis