Author Topic: House passes sweeping reform bill to decriminalize marijuana  (Read 5006 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: House passes sweeping reform bill to decriminalize marijuana
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2020, 02:17:50 pm »
Cannabis Cultivation Laws: State-by-State Marijuana Growing Guide

https://potguide.com/blog/article/cannabis-cultivation-laws-state-by-state/

Why should Marijuana continue to be prohibited at the Federal level when state after state is legalizing Marijuana?

Ask ICE?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2020, 02:20:38 pm »
Apropos of nothing Conservatism is an infinite universe. Liberalism is Schrodinger's box.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2020, 02:20:57 pm »
I am compelled to side with @Jazzhead and @Knox27 here.  Sorry about that.

Since Covid arrived, Americans are driving 15 to 20 mph higher than the speed limits WITHOUT an increase in wrecks and deaths.

And guess what?  People have been driving around stoned on marijuana, so stop this pathetic assertion that everybody needs to be protected and the only way is to keep it illegal.

As others have said.  You get stopped by the police and found to be physically impaired under the influence...issue the ticket and have the car towed.

BTW...if anything, people driving cars high on grass are probably driving at or under the speed limit.  It's NOTHING like driving drunk.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2020, 02:26:52 pm »
Cannabis Cultivation Laws: State-by-State Marijuana Growing Guide

https://potguide.com/blog/article/cannabis-cultivation-laws-state-by-state/

Why should Marijuana continue to be prohibited at the Federal level when state after state is legalizing Marijuana?

Admittedly, its a runaway train, and I'll wager full legalization will happen within 10-15 years.  Still doesn't mean I think it is a good idea or should happen.   OTOH, I have a friend in a legal state, who swears by what he calls a 15 mg edible when he has some insomnia.  Who knows there may be some thereputic value to the elderly and infirmed.  But, I'd sure make sure a script was required to use it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2020, 02:58:54 pm »
Admittedly, its a runaway train, and I'll wager full legalization will happen within 10-15 years.  Still doesn't mean I think it is a good idea or should happen.   OTOH, I have a friend in a legal state, who swears by what he calls a 15 mg edible when he has some insomnia.  Who knows there may be some thereputic value to the elderly and infirmed.  But, I'd sure make sure a script was required to use it.

I just can't imagine how a script would be worded, identifying the seed strain, cultivation, harvesting, preparation and dosage of marijuana that you are growing yourself.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2020, 04:45:15 pm »
I just can't imagine how a script would be worded, identifying the seed strain, cultivation, harvesting, preparation and dosage of marijuana that you are growing yourself.

Alas, more evidence why it shouldn't happen in the first place.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2020, 04:55:05 pm »
Alas, more evidence why it shouldn't happen in the first place.

But its already sweeping across the nation, state by state.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2020, 06:11:29 pm »
I'm the dumbass but you equate the weed with deadly poison...

Yes you are the dumb ass. 

Smoking wet...heard of that?  How much poison do you think is in formaldehyde or phencyclidine?

How safe is weed laced with PCP or hash?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2020, 06:12:55 pm »

I have a script for high blood pressure spikes that says use as needed.

Offline Knox27

« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2020, 06:17:00 pm »
Yes you are the dumb ass. 

Smoking wet...heard of that?  How much poison do you think is in formaldehyde or phencyclidine?

How safe is weed laced with PCP or hash?

Its not, which is why it would be great to buy it from a business and not a guy on a street corner

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2020, 06:26:12 pm »
Its not, which is why it would be great to buy it from a business and not a guy on a street corner

Anyone remember Paraquat?

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2020, 06:59:16 pm »

Why buy it at all? Two or three plants grown under gro-lights is all one needs.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2020, 07:12:36 pm »

QFT

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2020, 07:14:05 pm »

The problem is and always has been the gov getting their cut.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2020, 09:31:13 pm »

@Elderberry  @catfish1957  @Jazzhead   @Knox27

I have a guy I'm proud to call a good friend...used to be young rebellious kid who hung around with bikers before he found the love of his life.

Anyway, he was my source for homegrown weed.  Excellent strain for only $125. per ounce.  They owned some property which abutted Federal parkland where they grew it. I 'laughed' at the notion for those paying $300-400 per ounce.

Once Maryland decided to become a legal weed State...despite their price for comparable weed being $65. per EIGHTH ($520. per ounce), it has become impossible for me to score the homegrown/local.

All the people are so enamored over the dozens of high quality strains at the dispensaries that nobody is interested in cultivating it.

...and these are some CHEAP-ASS, scrooges who still have the 'First Communion money'.

Here I figured that 'The State' would enhance their hobby.  Instead, it put them out of business.

I warned them that getting 'The Card' which enabled them may put them on a list that may put their guns at risk...they couldn't care less.

Now that friend keeps bugging me to get "The Card", so that he can give me his grocery list so I can get a 25% discount on my initial visit to the Dispensary.

Oh...and I'm eligible for the 15% "Senior Citizen" discount too!

Still haven't gotten my card.  In fact, it's been months now since I've smoked it.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 09:33:38 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2020, 09:39:36 pm »
That's way out of my league. I haven't been a user in a long long time. Before I grew only for my own consumption, I was paying around $80 an lb.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2020, 10:44:15 pm »

BTW...if anything, people driving cars high on grass are probably driving at or under the speed limit.  It's NOTHING like driving drunk.

Texting and Pot.... 50mph hit to side of wife's cadi with two children inside. Kids did fine (car seats worked) with only some bruises, wife was hurt for months. December 24th 2011 in the hospital for 2-3 days (I don't remember exactly how many days).

Harmless my butt... was hit in a 45mph area turning (blinker on), and probable going about that speed. Gets hit in the side and pushed into traffic the other way and hit again. It could of killed and left me with 4 boys to raise by myself.

Wife is still ticked cause all her Tupperware that was in the trunk got stolen either at the scene or where they towed the car.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 10:47:38 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2020, 10:53:05 pm »
I am compelled to side with @Jazzhead and @Knox27 here.  Sorry about that.

Since Covid arrived, Americans are driving 15 to 20 mph higher than the speed limits WITHOUT an increase in wrecks and deaths.

And guess what?  People have been driving around stoned on marijuana, so stop this pathetic assertion that everybody needs to be protected and the only way is to keep it illegal.

As others have said.  You get stopped by the police and found to be physically impaired under the influence...issue the ticket and have the car towed.

Yep, the assh*le who is doing 15 under and gets the traffic snarl going that leads to a pileup, likely not caught up in it--the difference from drunks.

You're close enough to I-95 and the "Suicide Circle" (Capital Beltway--495) to know that traffic deaths there are a near daily thing (only helo transport to trauma units has cut that--and the number of federal workers "working form home".)

A lot of people aren't going to work, some won't be working there again, and even the kid run over by a truck died of COVID.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2020, 10:55:10 pm »
Texting and Pot.... 50mph hit to side of wife's cadi with two children inside. Kids did fine (car seats worked) with only some bruises, wife was hurt for months. December 24th 2011 in the hospital for 2-3 days (I don't remember exactly how many days).

Harmless my butt... was hit in a 45mph area turning (blinker on), and probable going about that speed. Gets hit in the side and pushed into traffic the other way and hit again. It could of killed and left me with 4 boys to raise by myself.

Wife is still ticked cause all her Tupperware that was in the trunk got stolen either at the scene or where they towed the car.

Geez... That's terrible. Very glad your family is okay, today.

That said, your very first words..."texting and pot..."

That's virtually the same as dying of a gunshot wound while testing positive for Covid.

PS:  Was the Tupperware filled with chocolate chip cookies?   :pondering: 

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2020, 10:59:12 pm »
That's way out of my league. I haven't been a user in a long long time. Before I grew only for my own consumption, I was paying around $80 an lb.
Yeah, I recall when a 'nickel bag' was a full ounce. The really, really, expensive stuff was $20, and those who bought such swore if it wasn't good enough to make them forget any idea of kicking the seller's ass, the seller would be in trouble.

But the run of the mill weed in those days smelled different and hit a person differently. People goofed off laughing for hours on it. Today's (and back then, the high priced stuff at $20/oz) "Skunk weed" (if not doped with skunk urine) was 'two hit sh*t' that pretty much that had people nodding (that didn't seem like my idea of fun).

I haven't touched any of it since long before I quit drinking, and that's been over 30 years.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2020, 11:05:06 pm »
Geez... That's terrible. Very glad your family is okay, today.

That said, your very first words..."texting and pot..."

That's virtually the same as dying of a gunshot wound while testing positive for Covid.

Not virtually the same, a drug that lowers response time factors heavy in the equation.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2020, 11:10:55 pm »
Not virtually the same, a drug that lowers response time factors heavy in the equation.
and reduces situational awareness overall (focus on some things, ignore others, not necessarily what needs to be focused on at the time).

C S Lewis

Online corbe

« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2020, 11:22:09 pm »
   i quit smoking pot for 40 years, USAF and random drug testing and all with my employers, started smoking again about 10 years ago and didn't realized how much I missed it.  I don't Ever drive while drinking or stoned.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2020, 11:37:02 pm »
The NBA Is No Longer Testing For Marijuana Use

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/nba-no-longer-testing-marijuana-use

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2020, 11:56:01 pm »
House passes sweeping reform bill to decriminalize marijuana
By Alex Gangitano - 12/04/20 01:37 PM EST

The House on Friday passed sweeping legislation that would decriminalize marijuana at the federal level, the first time either chamber of Congress has voted to decriminalize cannabis.

The measure, the Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment & Expungement Act, passed on a largely party-line vote of 228 to 164.

Six Democrats voted against the legislation and five Republicans voted for it. The bill faces an uphill battle in the GOP-controlled Senate.

DEVELOPING

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/528787-house-passes-sweeping-reform-bill-to-decriminalize-marijuana

I'm late to this thread, so there's upwards of 100 replies....

I think this is a necessary step, not because I approve of Marijuana, but because there are a lot of states that have legalized weed.  The Federal law and the laws of the "several states" are in conflict, resulting in people being prosecuted and imprisoned despite State laws to the contrary.

It's a States Rights issue, subject to the 10th Amendment.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: