Author Topic: House passes sweeping reform bill to decriminalize marijuana  (Read 5007 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: House passes sweeping reform bill to decriminalize marijuana
« Reply #125 on: December 06, 2020, 01:04:36 am »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2020, 01:05:34 am »
Where I grew up, and later, where I went to college, being said to be able to "drive like a bootlegger" was a compliment to your skill.

I have heard this. "if you are running drugs across state lines or anywhere, obey the law".
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #127 on: December 06, 2020, 01:08:20 am »

...hmmm ....some things tend to escape my memory, but I do remember "Acapulco Gold".  happy77

It was considered a fine variety of weed, back in the days before Purple Sinsemilla.  Now, all the legal-grade weed is "unpollinated."  No seeds, and there's a good commercial reason for that.  It's hard to grow your own weed if there are no seeds.  Seeds used to be the absolute trash part of the flower tops, but now fetch prices higher than the actual weed.  Cut out the seeds, and you stop people from growing their own.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #128 on: December 06, 2020, 01:09:34 am »
It was considered a fine variety of weed, back in the days before Purple Sinsemilla.  Now, all the legal-grade weed is "unpollinated."  No seeds, and there's a good commercial reason for that.  It's hard to grow your own weed if there are no seeds.  Seeds used to be the absolute trash part of the flower tops, but now fetch prices higher than the actual weed.  Cut out the seeds, and you stop people from growing their own.

Ammo shortage anyone?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #129 on: December 06, 2020, 01:09:40 am »
But not the Cuervo...right?  :laugh:
One Tequila, two tequila, three tequila...

I do recall having a game of chess over a bottle of Mescal one night, playing against another grad student from Brooklyn. Half way through the bottle, the game was declared a stalemate over being too drunk to make the moves on the board....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #130 on: December 06, 2020, 01:12:36 am »

Purple Sinsemilla is a new one to me -- I must have missed it .... or wasn't paying attention.

Yes, I've heard seeds are hard to come by.

I'm surprised @corbe isn't weighing in on this conversation.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #131 on: December 06, 2020, 01:17:02 am »
One Tequila, two tequila, three tequila...

I do recall having a game of chess over a bottle of Mescal one night, playing against another grad student from Brooklyn. Half way through the bottle, the game was declared a stalemate over being too drunk to make the moves on the board....

My Cuervo days ended 25 years ago.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2020, 01:17:19 am »
And it's also what's driving people from Blue states to Red ones.

@txradioguy

Hadn't thought of that.  Good take.

Just know...it's not only dirty hippie Commies who smoke weed.    happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2020, 01:21:14 am »
Anyone remember Paraquat?

LOL!

I also recall that the Roher 714 Quaalude, once discontinued and made felony, saw Mexico come out with their own version called "Mandrax".

Came in foiled strips of ten (10). 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #134 on: December 06, 2020, 01:23:06 am »

Back in my younger days, Tequila Sunrise was my preferred drink...until I had one too many.  Then I met my hubby and he introduced me to Scotch.  I can't drink anymore (sigh) and I really do miss a good double shot of Glenfiddich or Glenmorangie.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2020, 01:23:28 am »
It has been 31 years for me...I don't much miss it.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2020, 01:24:21 am »
LOL!

I also recall that the Roher 714 Quaalude, once discontinued and made felony, saw Mexico come out with their own version called "Mandrax".

714 was Joe Friday's badge number....jus' sayin'.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2020, 01:25:15 am »
I have heard this. "if you are running drugs across state lines or anywhere, obey the law".
Yeah, the trick for those guys is to blend in. Mules are expendable, too.

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2020, 01:25:29 am »
LOL!

A friend had the personalized license plate "QUAZY" until they refused to renew it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2020, 01:25:33 am »
Purple Sinsemilla is a new one to me -- I must have missed it .... or wasn't paying attention.

Yes, I've heard seeds are hard to come by.

I'm surprised @corbe isn't weighing in on this conversation.

It was among the first "Sinsemillas" back in the 70's.  Sinsemilla, by definition, is "unpollinated," and therefore more potent.  The trick is growing the females while keeping them far away from males to prevent pollination.  Pretty much requires indoor farms with advanced HEPA air filtration.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2020, 01:26:08 am »

Is this where Good Friday came from?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2020, 01:26:45 am »
Back in my younger days, Tequila Sunrise was my preferred drink...until I had one too many.  Then I met my hubby and he introduced me to Scotch.  I can't drink anymore (sigh) and I really do miss a good double shot of Glenfiddich or Glenmorangie.

I don't much care for Scotch, but we have Glenfiddich in the Castle Bar.
I will NOT comply.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2020, 01:27:38 am »
It was among the first "Sinsemillas" back in the 70's.  Sinsemilla, by definition, is "unpollinated," and therefore more potent.  The trick is growing the females while keeping them far away from males to prevent pollination.  Pretty much requires indoor farms with advanced HEPA air filtration.

Thus the old saying. Seeds don't make Sinse.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2020, 01:27:58 am »

Is this where Good Friday came from?
Nah. That was before Joe's time.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #144 on: December 06, 2020, 01:28:14 am »
Yep, the assh*le who is doing 15 under and gets the traffic snarl going that leads to a pileup, likely not caught up in it--the difference from drunks.

You're close enough to I-95 and the "Suicide Circle" (Capital Beltway--495) to know that traffic deaths there are a near daily thing (only helo transport to trauma units has cut that--and the number of federal workers "working form home".)

A lot of people aren't going to work, some won't be working there again, and even the kid run over by a truck died of COVID.

Actually, the exact opposite is true right now...anyway.

As you pointed out, the lighter traffic has seen a drive from the Beltway up I-270 to Frederick, Maryland cut to about 25 minutes ...down from 35-40.

And guess what?  It's a lot safer if you use the police logs/reports on traffic accidents/incidents.

Those highways were designed to accommodate an 85mph speed limit.  I-95 and I-70 already raised the speed limits to 70.

I can go West to Hagerstown from Frederick in about 15 minutes down from 30 minutes...average 80-85 mph.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #145 on: December 06, 2020, 01:29:00 am »

888high58888
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #146 on: December 06, 2020, 01:29:20 am »
I don't much care for Scotch, but we have Glenfiddich in the Castle Bar.

:beer:  Well, please serve your next scotch drinker one for me!!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #147 on: December 06, 2020, 01:29:31 am »

Youngsters don't get this one...

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #148 on: December 06, 2020, 01:29:42 am »

Dum-DE...DUM-DUM!   :silly:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #149 on: December 06, 2020, 01:30:43 am »
Actually, the exact opposite is true right now...anyway.

As you pointed out, the lighter traffic has seen a drive from the Beltway up I-270 to Frederick, Maryland cut to about 25 minutes ...down from 35-40.

And guess what?  It's a lot safer if you use the police logs/reports on traffic accidents/incidents.

Those highways were designed to accommodate an 85mph speed limit.  I-95 and I-70 already raised the speed limits to 70.

I can go West to Hagerstown from Frederick in about 15 minutes down from 30 minutes...average 80-85 mph.

Is Maryland still cramming down the Double-Nickel?
I will NOT comply.