Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: Final Presidential Debate in Nashville, TN  (Read 17483 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: LIVE THREAD: Final Presidential Debate in Nashville, TN
« Reply #400 on: October 23, 2020, 02:24:15 pm »
Exactly right.  That photographer would have been instantly engulfed in the blast wave.

:yowsa:

But I seriously doubt that it would ever have gotten off the ground carrying a container sufficiently designed to contain liquid hydrogen.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #401 on: October 23, 2020, 02:28:25 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #402 on: October 23, 2020, 02:30:35 pm »
Joe Biden’s ‘rehearsed’ pivot from ‘my family’ to ‘your family’ falls flat, Trump rules the moment
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/10/23/joe-bidens-rehearsed-pivot-from-my-family-to-your-family-falls-flat-trump-seizes-the-moment-987911
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

« Reply #403 on: October 23, 2020, 02:45:26 pm »
There will be windmills installed on the wings of each aircraft. I'm planning to have my little SUV converted to wind power, as a matter of fact, once I figure how to fit it in the garage with a windmill on the roof.

LOL  :beer:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #404 on: October 23, 2020, 02:48:05 pm »
It doesn't autoignite in the presence of oxygen. You can use electrolysis to clean rust from things, hydrogen is one of the byproducts (which is why you should do it outside), although it is highly combustible it doesn't autoignite with oxygen.

I beg to differ. I have seen several RV's on Hydrogen tanks catch fire without any ignition source.  BTW...  30 years in industry, and as a retired safety health, and environmental manager at a plant.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #405 on: October 23, 2020, 03:22:00 pm »

I really suspect Joe wasn't looking at the time.  He was receiving a keyword message.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online mountaineer

« Reply #406 on: October 23, 2020, 03:28:17 pm »
I really suspect Joe wasn't looking at the time.  He was receiving a keyword message.
I figured he just realized it was getting late for his bedtime pudding cup.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #407 on: October 23, 2020, 03:31:25 pm »
I beg to differ. I have seen several RV's on Hydrogen tanks catch fire without any ignition source.  BTW...  30 years in industry, and as a retired safety health, and environmental manager at a plant.

Possible static electricity? Anyway, fossil fuels are dominant right now and will remain so for a while, and that industry has had the benefit of 100 years of safety advances and knowledge of how to safely work with it. Eventually fossil fuels will become scarce and hydrogen is, to me, the best candidate for replacement.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #408 on: October 23, 2020, 03:33:27 pm »
The final minute question was a half-a$$ed opportunity to make a closing statement.  They should have been given two minutes to answer, "What do you want to say to the American people?"  The President could have spent some portion of that to pull the wings off Joe.
John Steinbeck

Offline skeeter

« Reply #409 on: October 23, 2020, 03:34:11 pm »
He was worried he was gonna turn into a potted plant before he could get outta there. 23mg of Donepezil lasts only so long.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 03:39:34 pm by skeeter »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #410 on: October 23, 2020, 03:37:05 pm »
Possible static electricity? Anyway, fossil fuels are dominant right now and will remain so for a while, and that industry has had the benefit of 100 years of safety advances and knowledge of how to safely work with it. Eventually fossil fuels will become scarce and hydrogen is, to me, the best candidate for replacement.
Well maybe. Last night Joe said he will phase out fossil fuels by 2025.

He’s out there doing damage control right now saying they won’t be phased out for a long time. Which by his own account will be 4 years presumably.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #411 on: October 23, 2020, 04:11:18 pm »
A challenger is a job applicant for the office. Joe left a lot off of his application about Ukraine and China. Was he enriching his family corruptly off his position as Vice President? Looks like it based on Tony Bobulinski‘s statements so far.

When Biden asked in the debate what is Trump trying to hide? Why won’t he release his taxes? Trump should have turned to him and said, Okay, Joe, show us your phone records for the last two weeks.  happy77

What a trove of panicked calls we would find!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #412 on: October 23, 2020, 06:36:46 pm »
I've often wondered if Hydrogen could be used, we use it for rockets I believe.

Where would you get the hydrogen?  Unlike kerosene, hydrogen isn't a fuel that can be refined or separated from a cheap, abundant, existing raw material.  It has to be created using other energy.  Currently, the cheapest way to make it is to reform natural gas using steam (very energy intensive).  Once Biden removes natural gas from the equation, you are left with electrolysis of water (very energy intensive).  And then you would have to store the hydrogen in tanks under high pressure just to burn in turbines designed to run on kerosene.  Is it doable?  Sure.  But it would easily increase the cost of flying tenfold.  And on top of that, it would require considerably more energy to utilize hydrogen than it took to use aviation fuel.

There is a place for hydrogen in our energy future, but not as a combustible fuel.  Think of it instead as a means to store electricity.  And you wouldn't power an aircraft with electricity.

The reason we use oil, gas, and coal is because they provide the most value per dollar spent.  This is the invisible hand at its finest.  And liberals hate it more than anything.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #413 on: October 23, 2020, 07:41:35 pm »
Ahhh Joe... we have a problem...

From wikipedia:

No matter what you call it, plexiglass is a transparent, petroleum-based thermoplastic product – an acrylic. ... Petrochemical feedstock from crude oil and natural gas are used in the crackers that produce the basic building blocks for making these plastics.
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #414 on: October 23, 2020, 08:12:05 pm »
What do you make of this?  Some people claim he had a iPad.

https://twitter.com/ScottFantasy/status/1319628336902135808?s=20

John Steinbeck

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #415 on: October 23, 2020, 08:35:35 pm »

Could have been a manila folder?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #416 on: October 23, 2020, 08:37:15 pm »
Ahhh Joe... we have a problem...

From wikipedia:

No matter what you call it, plexiglass is a transparent, petroleum-based thermoplastic product – an acrylic. ... Petrochemical feedstock from crude oil and natural gas are used in the crackers that produce the basic building blocks for making these plastics.

And the tires for all those electric vehicles are made mostly from butadiene and carbon black.  Joe hasn't a clue about any of this.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #417 on: October 23, 2020, 08:40:17 pm »
   Probably an 8 X 10 glossy, blowup picture of his sister Jill, nude, for inspiration.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #418 on: October 23, 2020, 08:41:42 pm »

Sure looks like a possibility. The Biden campaign lies and cheats so effortlessly that one must assume the most likely possibility is true...

Am I right? Or, am I breaking some rule of logic?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #419 on: October 23, 2020, 08:46:24 pm »
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 08:47:13 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #420 on: October 23, 2020, 08:46:39 pm »
   You're fight @aligncare as you usually are.  He's as corrupt as hellary and I didn't think anyone could top that bi1ch.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #421 on: October 23, 2020, 08:51:59 pm »
Maybe he was checking the countdown timer to see how long he had before his head turned into a pumpkin..........figuratively speaking.