Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: Final Presidential Debate in Nashville, TN  (Read 17628 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: LIVE THREAD: Final Presidential Debate in Nashville, TN
« Reply #375 on: October 23, 2020, 10:05:30 am »
Thanks for the 'Live' thread, @mystery-ak

Thanks for the POTUS & First Lady pics, @Right_in_Virginia

Thank you, President Trump!  MAGA 2020!!

Absolutely. Thank you @mystery-ak and @Right_in_Virginia
It took a lot of work.

6666kiss
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #376 on: October 23, 2020, 10:40:42 am »
Trump seemed sincerely hurt by the suggestion he is in any way racist. IMO that is exactly the tone he needed to hit.

Whatever Trump’s faults are, racism isn’t one of them.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline aligncare

« Reply #377 on: October 23, 2020, 10:42:27 am »
It was a pleasant stroll down memory lane, listening to all the accomplishments of the O’Biden/Bama administration. *snicker*

One thing is clear, though. The moderator for this debate helped her career, while Chris Wallace blew up his.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #378 on: October 23, 2020, 11:00:18 am »
The TRUMP PAGE
@MichaelDeLauzon

First Lady Melania Trump attending the final presidential debate at Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee (October 22, 2020)

11:21 PM · Oct 22, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/MichaelDeLauzon/status/1319478956832083968

Offline aligncare

« Reply #379 on: October 23, 2020, 11:05:22 am »
Easy way to stop dead in their tracks the fools talking about passing the Green New Deal.

Just ask them, when all the fossil fuels are banned, what type of fuel will the 737 Max 8 use for power? Wind or Solar power?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #380 on: October 23, 2020, 11:52:45 am »
Just ask them, when all the fossil fuels are banned, what type of fuel will the 737 Max 8 use for power? Wind or Solar power?
There will be windmills installed on the wings of each aircraft. I'm planning to have my little SUV converted to wind power, as a matter of fact, once I figure how to fit it in the garage with a windmill on the roof.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online rustynail

« Reply #381 on: October 23, 2020, 11:54:28 am »
Easy way to stop dead in their tracks the fools talking about passing the Green New Deal.

Aviation biofuel.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #382 on: October 23, 2020, 12:08:17 pm »
Kurt Schlichter  @KurtSchlichter
I want you to keep in mind that he had to have a lid on for four days just to reach the level of failure that he reached tonight.

That was his best, again with four days taken out of the last three weeks of the campaign.
12:49 AM · Oct 23, 2020
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #383 on: October 23, 2020, 01:24:58 pm »

I've often wondered if Hydrogen could be used, we use it for rockets I believe.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #384 on: October 23, 2020, 01:29:38 pm »

I can't see why not.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #385 on: October 23, 2020, 01:35:13 pm »

I can't see why not.

I can!  Lots of them in fact, but let's just start with flying around riding a tank full of liquid hydrogen is an accident waiting to happen.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #386 on: October 23, 2020, 01:43:23 pm »
Undecided voters in pollster focus group describe Trump as 'controlled' and Biden as 'vague' in debate

A focus group of undecided voters called President Trump “controlled” and Democratic nominee Joe Biden “vague” following their final debate on Thursday night.

Republican pollster Frank Luntz convened a virtual focus group of 14 undecided voters for the Nashville, Tenn., debate, many of whom used the word "civil" to describe the overall tone of the face-off.

Several of the focus group participants said they were more likely to consider voting for Trump after the debate.

"I am leaning more toward Trump now, however I still don't feel like I have good answers on the race issues and that's a very, very important issue to me in this country right now," said one participant.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/522415-undecided-voters-describe-trump-as-controlled-and-biden-as-vague-in-debate
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 01:44:46 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #387 on: October 23, 2020, 01:44:19 pm »
Joe can head up a task force to finally develop the stored energy technology of a rubber band.

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

• Technical
« Reply #388 on: October 23, 2020, 01:47:00 pm »
Undecided voters in pollster focus group describe Trump as 'controlled' and Biden as 'vague' in debate

A focus group of undecided voters called President Trump “controlled” and Democratic nominee Joe Biden “vague” following their final debate on Thursday night.

Republican pollster Frank Luntz convened a virtual focus group of 14 undecided voters for the Nashville, Tenn., debate, many of whom used the word "civil" to describe the overall tone of the face-off.

Several of the focus group participants said they were more likely to consider voting for Trump after the debate.

"I am leaning more toward Trump now, however I still don't feel like I have good answers on the race issues and that's a very, very important issue to me in this country right now," said one participant.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/522415-undecided-voters-describe-trump-as-controlled-and-biden-as-vague-in-debate

See, lots of idiots in here and TOS thought Trump did awesome in his first debate. Of course, if he had pulled out a golf club and hit Biden with it they'd think the same thing.

He did better in his second debate. Never listen to the base.

• Technical
« Reply #389 on: October 23, 2020, 01:47:28 pm »
I can!  Lots of them in fact, but let's just start with flying around riding a tank full of liquid hydrogen is an accident waiting to happen.

Could say the same thing about jet fuel no?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #390 on: October 23, 2020, 02:00:36 pm »

LOL!  Would make rear-ending a Ford Pinto seem like a lit sparkler by comparison. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline skeeter

« Reply #391 on: October 23, 2020, 02:01:52 pm »
The difference is their relative stability, I think. Wouldn't take much to turn liquid hydrogen into a very bad day for all on board.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #392 on: October 23, 2020, 02:04:02 pm »

Well now!  Not at all the same thing.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Technical
« Reply #393 on: October 23, 2020, 02:05:21 pm »
The difference is their relative stability, I think. Wouldn't take much to turn liquid hydrogen into a very bad day for all on board.

As it is, perhaps, but I think that advances could made to stabilize it.

• Technical
« Reply #394 on: October 23, 2020, 02:05:38 pm »
Well now!  Not at all the same thing.

Never said it was.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #395 on: October 23, 2020, 02:06:01 pm »

I can't see why not.
When she goes boom...she really goes boom!

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #396 on: October 23, 2020, 02:14:45 pm »

Being from Industry, I can honestly say that a fuel that auto-iginites in the presence of oxygen is not your best choice ....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #397 on: October 23, 2020, 02:17:20 pm »
Being from Industry, I can honestly say that a fuel that auto-iginites in the presence of oxygen is not your best choice ....

And what is seen in that picture is hydrogen that was already in the vapor state.  Imagine what it would look like if it had been liquid.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #398 on: October 23, 2020, 02:20:00 pm »
And what is seen in that picture is hydrogen that was already in the vapor state.  Imagine what it would look like if it had been liquid.

Exactly right.  That photographer would have been instantly engulfed in the blast wave.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

• Technical
« Reply #399 on: October 23, 2020, 02:21:10 pm »

It doesn't autoignite in the presence of oxygen. You can use electrolysis to clean rust from things, hydrogen is one of the byproducts (which is why you should do it outside), although it is highly combustible it doesn't autoignite with oxygen.