Author Topic: BREAKING>>Grand jury in Breonna Taylor case to present findings to Louisville judge at 1:15 p.m. We  (Read 4691 times)

Offline RedHead

Because I thought they were charging him for returning fire in the immediate area of the threat, not from a parking lot outside.

They charged him with reckless endangerment because his shots went wild and hit the apartment next door.  The National Review article said the penalty in the Louisville PD for reckless endangerment when nobody is killed or injured is getting fired.  And they did that.  If no crime was committed in the course of the incident then why the need to charge him?  Doesn't make sense.

Offline RedHead

The mob wants blood.

White blood.

Cop blood.

They want vengeance.

After all, that's what they have been incited to seek.

(A new TV might be a bonus).

Charges don't mean squat in the long run, acquittal washes that away, for the most part.

A cop getting fired is something, a nibbly for the ravenous mob, but hardly enough in the voracious atmosphere of 'being owed'.

"No justice. No peace."

Don't expect either.

And if the Louisville authorities thought charging the cop with reckless endangerment would satisfy the mob they they truly are clueless.

Offline RedHead

That you feel the need to ask that tells me a lot about your real-world experience, or lack thereof.
Well then by all means enlighten me.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
They charged him with reckless endangerment because his shots went wild and hit the apartment next door.  The National Review article said the penalty in the Louisville PD for reckless endangerment when nobody is killed or injured is getting fired.  And they did that.  If no crime was committed in the course of the incident then why the need to charge him?  Doesn't make sense.

The gods require a sacrifice to the volcano.  That's why there remains a charge, it's to placate the mobs.  We are entering into a period of mob rule, and that never ends well.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

Define 'moving vigorously'.  Since nobody is allowed to see the tape then it's a nebulous term.

Sorry... As a former frequent flyer with several law enforcement agencies, I can tell you with great certainty, that moving AT ALL approaches 'moving vigorously'.

If you've got a jacket, you keep your hands in plain view, with NO movement other than what is approved by the LEO. Especially if the guns are out. You have two options: comply completely, or die.

Business is business... and everybody knows the business. If you want to be treated fairly, then show some professionalism. Even as a frequent flyer of sorts, my interactions with LEOS (in a few states) has been relatively benign. Even friendly.

If you want to get knocked around, be a threat, and they'll get it done. If you want to fall up the stairs a few times, then RUN. Make them chase you all over hell's half acre. No wonder you knocked your head getting into the car and fell up the stairs. and if you want to DIE, don't show your hands... make surreptitious movements... Pull a weapon. What happens next is certainly no surprise.

Offline goatprairie

Well, the response of the police from being shot at should be obvious...they should start shooting back.
Of course, that's a tricky proposition when confronting a mob. They just can't start firing into crowds.
But anytime they see some thug or thugs throw molotov cocktails, rocks, and other dangerous objects as well as shoot guns at them, they should be allowed to shoot back.

Offline RedHead

The gods require a sacrifice to the volcano.  That's why there remains a charge, it's to placate the mobs.  We are entering into a period of mob rule, and that never ends well.

And again, if the Louisville authorities thought that charging the officer with these endangerment charges would placate the mob then they really are stupid. 

Online roamer_1

And if the Louisville authorities thought charging the cop with reckless endangerment would satisfy the mob they they truly are clueless.

He will walk on the charges. And nothing placates a mob. Louisville authorities brought the charges they could. And those charges are weak. That says a whole lot about the shooting.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Couple things...it wasn't Louisville authorities that charged the former officer...the investigation and subsequent charges were investigated and brought by the Commonwealth AG office.

And it wasn't done to assuage the mob.  The charge was appropriate for the offense and the only one that could logically be brought in this situation.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

According to the attached article the cop charged was not in with the other two, but out in the parking lot firing up at the window from which he had heard shots being fired, hitting nothing.

Not worthy of criminal charges perhaps, but stupid nonetheless.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 04:08:12 pm by skeeter »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And again, if the Louisville authorities thought that charging the officer with these endangerment charges would placate the mob then they really are stupid.

You are talking about a city government that just paid the family of the Breona person $12 Million.  You can draw a good conclusion from that.

(As an aside, your observation about the intelligence of trying to placate a mob is best thing you've had to say on this topic yet.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
You are talking about a city government that just paid the family of the Breona person $12 Million. 

Maybe the most under-reported aspect of this thing. 

For a supposedly over-wrought with grief family, they sure took the money quick. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
According to the attached article the cop charged was not in with the other two, but out in the parking lot firing up at the window from which he had heard shots being fired, hitting nothing.

Not worthy of criminal charges perhaps, but stupid nonetheless.

Just to clarify a little more on this...

The officer charged wasn't charged for any bullets that hit Taylor or that apartment.  The three counts of wanton endangerment were for the three rounds from his service pistol that hit the adjoining apartment where three people were living.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Lando Lincoln

I thought about posting something (perhaps) meaningful but it would just get challenged by a flip-side question.  I don't have time for the two-step that entails.  Maybe later.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline RedHead

He will walk on the charges. And nothing placates a mob. Louisville authorities brought the charges they could. And those charges are weak. That says a whole lot about the shooting.

If we can agree that nothing would placate the mob then why bring the joke charges in the first place?  Who are they trying to appeal to? 

Online roamer_1

If we can agree that nothing would placate the mob then why bring the joke charges in the first place?  Who are they trying to appeal to?

They are not joke charges. They are legit charges. They're just weak.

Cops operate under protocols similar to Rules of Engagement. It is adherence to those protocols that more or less immunize them from charges. That no real charges are proffered indicates those protocols were followed, and the DA cannot get enough traction to level anything serious, which he would if he could in the present environment.

Offline RedHead

Couple things...it wasn't Louisville authorities that charged the former officer...the investigation and subsequent charges were investigated and brought by the Commonwealth AG office.

And it wasn't done to assuage the mob.  The charge was appropriate for the offense and the only one that could logically be brought in this situation.

In the National Review article that mountaineer posted a link to, Andrew McCarthy notes that in similar cases of wanton endangerment where nobody was killed or injured the police have generally dealt with it by firing the police officer who committed it.  Well the Louisville police did just that, they fired Hankinson months ago.  So why charge him now?  After all no crime was committed during the incident.  Nobody but Taylor was killed, and her death was ruled justified.  Nobody is facing charges in this, not even the boyfriend.  Why are charges appropriate now and not in past cases?  Why should Wilkinson be scapegoated in this?

Offline verga

Depends on the construction. Is that 5/8 sheetrock or 3/8 sheetrock? Construction codes commonly call for the former, but the latter is often slipped in to enhance profits.
Everything i have worked on (Admittedly not an expect) We used 5/8 exterior walls and 3/8 interior. The AutoCAD Program I have here at school shows the same thing.

However I would contend that after passing through two sheets of wallboard (both sides of an interior wall), most 9mm bullets would be capable of inflicting a fatal wound.
Absolutely, I was jsut commenting that you would not get the usual/ expected expansion. 
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline RedHead

They are not joke charges. They are legit charges. They're just weak.

Cops operate under protocols similar to Rules of Engagement. It is adherence to those protocols that more or less immunize them from charges. That no real charges are proffered indicates those protocols were followed, and the DA cannot get enough traction to level anything serious, which he would if he could in the present environment.

If he can't level anything serious then why level anything at all?  Isn't losing his job and career punishment enough for Wilkinson?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Depends on the construction. Is that 5/8 sheetrock or 3/8 sheetrock? Construction codes commonly call for the former, but the latter is often slipped in to enhance profits.

However I would contend that after passing through two sheets of wallboard (both sides of an interior wall), most 9mm bullets would be capable of inflicting a fatal wound.

Just for clarities sake let's say that your typical interior wall these days is 3.5" wide with 1/2" of sheetrock on either side.  10 inches of wall board penetration = 10 typical interior walls.  Unless the baby is in a cast iron bassinet two rooms over he is NOT safe which is why a shotgun loaded with HV #4 shot is FAR better for home defense purposes.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

They weren't "joke charges"  He blindly fired his weapon without clearly knowing what or who he was aiming at.  Three rounds from his .40 caliber service weapon struck the adjoining apartment where three people were residing and could have been killed.

This officer violated the most basic tenets of shooting taught the moment someone learns to shoot a gun.  He deserved to be punished in some way for what he did.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If he can't level anything serious then why level anything at all?  Isn't losing his job and career punishment enough for Wilkinson?

You keep asking the question, and I think it's been answered.  The AG had to come up with something/anything to charge in order to placate the mob, and as you have noted, that's stupid.  Bureaucrats do stupid things every day.

To be clear:  "No, firing him was not enough to placate the mob that controls the bureaucrats." 

The fact that all that pre-positioned rioting gear was broken out so quickly suggests the mob was not about to be placated, even if the AG filed a charge of First Degree Murder against the cop.  They planned on rioting last night no matter what.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 05:07:05 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

No. I think he is obligated to charge what he can. When all he figured he could make stick was 'reckless endangerment', there was no 'there' there. And the reckless charge probably won't stick either in the end.

So what I gather from that is that this was a righteous shoot, performed well within protocols.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
In the National Review article that mountaineer posted a link to, Andrew McCarthy notes that in similar cases of wanton endangerment where nobody was killed or injured the police have generally dealt with it by firing the police officer who committed it.  Well the Louisville police did just that, they fired Hankinson months ago.  So why charge him now?

Because that's what the AG of Kentucky chose to do in this case.  There was a city (s one say recently fired) city employee killed in the raid so that elevated things as well.  They charged him now because they've spent the last several months since the shooting doing ballistics and a top to bottom through investigation of the entire incident to include ballistic investigations by the state police as well as the FBI ballistics experts in Quantico.

Unlike what you see on TV those investigations take months to do properly.  They charged once all the evidence was gathered and analyzed.

Just like it should have been done. 

After all no crime was committed during the incident.  Nobody but Taylor was killed, and her death was ruled justified.  Nobody is facing charges in this, not even the boyfriend.  Why are charges appropriate now and not in past cases?  Why should Wilkinson be scapegoated in this?

You aren't from around here are you?  There was a crime committed in the fact that Taylor's boyfriend fired first and hit an officer and the officer nearly bled out.

The whole reason for the raid in the first place was because drugs were being sold out of that apartment.

And finally the officer in question reckless and blindly fired his weapon hitting an adjoining apartment where three people were living and could have been struck.

I don't care about past cases or how other DA's or AG's did things.  That's a distraction on your part.

All I care about right now is this case and how it was handled.

And this was the proper thing to do in this case.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
You keep asking the question, and I think it's been answered.  The AG had to come up with something/anything to charge in order to placate the mob, and as you have noted, that's stupid.  Bureaucrats do stupid things every day.

To be clear:  "No, firing him was not enough to placate the mob that controls the bureaucrats." 

The fact that all that pre-positioned rioting gear was broken out so quickly suggests the mob was not about to be placated, even if the AG filed a charge of First Degree Murder against the cop.  They planned on rioting last night no matter what.

The firing was not enough nor would it ever have been enough to placate the mob.

The families to include the parents of the officers involved have had to be relocated and placed under protected custody to protect themselves from the mob.