Author Topic: John Legend, Chrissy Teigen Considered Leaving America Because of Trump  (Read 577 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 :silly: :silly: :silly:

John Legend, Chrissy Teigen Considered Leaving America Because of Trump

David Ng  25 Sep 2020

Singer and NBC’s The Voice judge John Legend and wife Chrissy Teigen have considered leaving America because of Donald Trump and what Legend called the president’s “embarrassing” leadership style. The Grammy-winning singer made the revelation in an interview with Cosmopolitan magazine, in which he also claimed that President Trump is “trying to destroy democracy.”

John Legend — who is an active Democratic fundraiser who supported Elizabeth Warren’s bid for the White House and now backs Joe Biden —  admitted to the fashion magazine that leaving the country would be difficult.

“Every once in a while you think about it,” the singer said. “We were born and raised here, all of our families are here. It would be hard to leave. But I don’t know what one’s supposed to do when you have a leader who is trying to destroy democracy.”

Legend added: “At some point, if that project [to destroy democracy] was to be in any way successful, you’d have to think about going somewhere that is a true democracy, that has respect for the rule of law and human rights. If America chooses to be that place then people will have to start thinking about going somewhere else. It is truly disturbing and concerning.”

The singer, who has supported the defunding of police departments, said the country can’t “bear another four years” of Trump.

“I strongly believe America is exhausted from three and a half years of Donald Trump. Exhausted from the daily efforts to destroy democracy and the free press,” he said.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/09/25/john-legend-chrissy-teigen-considered-leaving-america-because-of-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: John Legend, Chrissy Teigen Considered Leaving America Because of Trump
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 07:05:00 pm »
How many dozens of alleged celebrities have promised to leave during the Bush and Trump years, and how many actually did?

Promises, promises.
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 08:15:36 pm »
How many dozens of alleged celebrities have promised to leave during the Bush and Trump years, and how many actually did?

Promises, promises.
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

The mantra has been...I'm leaving America if (insert perceived threat here).
I have a great idea. Put your money where your mouth is. Right now you just all sound like little kids shouting...I'm running away!! And pack a bag but go take a nap instead.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 08:27:38 pm »
I understand Mr. Legend (is that his real name?) recently purchased a home in the US for over $18 million. He probably could find much cheaper real estate in - oh, I don't know - Venezuela? Just sayin'.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 10:13:00 pm »
They never leave. They never go away.  These people are like herpes. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 10:17:37 pm »
Leave, please. And don't do any more concerts or modelling here, please.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 10:31:19 pm »
The biggest question is, Why do Hollywood Liberals think anyone at all cares where they live?
How do they think that will affect anyone's life, or anyone's opinion about politics? It is malignant narcissism on steroids.

A current example of that is professional sports. So many players said either our fans will support BLM terrorists and allow us to wear the names of rapists and murderers on our uniforms or we stop playing. OK, stop playing. It will be a mild annoyance, but it doesn't change or affect my life in the least. And now ESPN and pro-sports are swirling down the toilet. If things continue like this, soon the choice of playing or not playing will not be their choice to make. They are making way, way, too much money to play in front of paper dolls.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 11:20:20 pm »
Promises are cheap.

Let's see some action!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DB

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2020, 11:33:00 pm »
Another lefty moron talking about "democracy" and rule of law without any clue that we are a Republic and it is the left bent on destroying the rule of law over and over.

Completely clueless.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2020, 11:37:22 pm »
I understand Mr. Legend (is that his real name?) recently purchased a home in the US for over $18 million. He probably could find much cheaper real estate in - oh, I don't know - Venezuela? Just sayin'.

I hear Zimbabwe is beautiful, especially this time of the year.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2020, 11:40:22 pm »
how will we ever survive their loss zzzzzz