Author Topic: BREAKING>>Grand jury in Breonna Taylor case to present findings to Louisville judge at 1:15 p.m. We  (Read 4691 times)

Online Polly Ticks

Louisville Metro Police Department officials are taking steps to "physically restrict access to the downtown area" in anticipation of Cameron's announcement.

In a 3:30 a.m. release, a department spokesman said in order to keep downtown safe for "those coming downtown to express their First Amendment Rights, as well as those who live and work in the area," police are putting up vehicle barricades around Jefferson Square Park (the site of ongoing protests) and across the downtown perimeter and will restrict access even further near the park, with only pedestrian access allowed.

Louisville police cut off downtown access with barricades ahead of Breonna Taylor decision

Time to batten down the hatches. 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 05:23:19 pm by mystery-ak »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline RedHead

Pretty obvious that none of the police are going to get charged over this.

Online Polly Ticks

Pretty obvious that none of the police are going to get charged over this.

There was never any chance they'd be charged with murder, and nothing less than a murder charge would satisfy the most militant of the activists.  Add to that that there are always anarchists ready to jump in on the looting and burning that will almost certainly ensue, and it has the potential to get more than a little bit ugly.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline RedHead

There was never any chance they'd be charged with murder, and nothing less than a murder charge would satisfy the most militant of the activists.  Add to that that there are always anarchists ready to jump in on the looting and burning that will almost certainly ensue, and it has the potential to get more than a little bit ugly.
I'd be surprised if there are any charges at all, much less murder. 

Offline goatprairie

Police attempt to raid an apartment and announce their presence. They are fired on by people inside the apartment, one of whom is a convicted drug dealer, provoking a response in turn by the police whereby Breonna Taylor gets killed by police bullets.
Once again, criminals, or people who associate with criminals, get themselves killed, and the "woke" crowd blames the police.
Point to me one instance where the police simply shot a totally innocent black person who was just minding his or her business, and I'll have a little sympathy for their cause.
Oh yes, there's one I can remember. In the Twin Cities a few years ago  a black, Somali policeman shot dead a woman named Justine Damond because she startled him by knocking on the window of the police car he was in.
Oh, cancel that. Since Damond was white, she doesn't count to the "woke" crowd.
Her death was totally ignored by the "woke" ignorati.

Offline RedHead

Police attempt to raid an apartment and announce their presence.

The claim they announced their presence.  The surviving resident of the apartment claims that they didn't identify themselves.

They are fired on by people inside the apartment, one of whom is a convicted drug dealer, provoking a response in turn by the police whereby Breonna Taylor gets killed by police bullets.

Rather careless on their part considering she wasn't shooting at them and there is some dispute whether she was even in the same room where the shooting happened.

Once again, criminals, or people who associate with criminals, get themselves killed, and the "woke" crowd blames the police.

Associating with criminals is a capital offense in Kentucky is it?

Point to me one instance where the police simply shot a totally innocent black person who was just minding his or her business, and I'll have a little sympathy for their cause.

I have no problem with police using appropriate force when called for.  It's a dangerous job and sometimes lethal measures are required.  I do have a problem with police resort to deadly force as a first resort and not a last one.  And the background of the suspect shouldn't matter, because if it does then why not shoot suspects out of hand?

Oh yes, there's one I can remember. In the Twin Cities a few years ago  a black, Somali policeman shot dead a woman named Justine Damond because she startled him by knocking on the window of the police car he was in.
Oh, cancel that. Since Damond was white, she doesn't count to the "woke" crowd.
Her death was totally ignored by the "woke" ignorati.

You are aware that the police officer in question was tried, convicted, and is in jail right?

Online Lando Lincoln

Time to batten down the hatches.

I love Louisville.  Damn.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The claim they announced their presence.  The surviving resident of the apartment claims that they didn't identify themselves.

Rather careless on their part considering she wasn't shooting at them and there is some dispute whether she was even in the same room where the shooting happened.

I have no problem with police using appropriate force when called for.  It's a dangerous job and sometimes lethal measures are required.  I do have a problem with police resort to deadly force as a first resort and not a last one.  And the background of the suspect shouldn't matter, because if it does then why not shoot suspects out of hand?

You are aware that the police officer in question was tried, convicted, and is in jail right?

But were there nationwide riots?

None of this is really relevant (there's room for dispute).  What is relevant is there is likely to be a riot if anything short of First Degree Murder gets charged.  In fact, I'd bet a riot is likely even if they do.  Antifa/BLM loves them some rioting....
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 05:52:35 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Polly Ticks

What is relevant is there is likely to be a riot if anything short of First Degree Murder gets charged.  In fact, I'd bet a riot is likely even if they do.  Antifa/BLM loves them some rioting....

I would not bet against you. Neither would the many, many downtown businesses who have boarded up and/or shut down in preparation.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline goatprairie

Surviving resident claim the police didn't announce himself? Gee whiz, what do you think he'd say?
She might not have been in same room? So the police are supposed to know exactly where she was when they entered? When the bullets were flying at them the police were supposed to know where she was?
Associating with criminals can get you killed as Taylor should have known. Many totally innocent people have been killed in drug wars. But how do you know she was innocent?
The police resort to deadly force as a first resort? They were fired upon first by Taylor's criminal/thug boyfriend. What would you do?
My point (that I didn't make clear) was that white people didn't run out and riot when Damond was killed by the policeman. Black people do...even when a thug shoots himself as what happened in Minneapolis a week or so ago.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 07:15:37 pm by goatprairie »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What time do you figure the 1st mostly peaceful weenie roast fire will be set? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline RedHead

But were there nationwide riots?

So if there is no riot then it's all OK?  A sheriffs deputy down in Sedalia pulled over a young white girl not too long ago.  He shot and killed her, claiming he threatened him.  No dash cam.  No body cam.  No weapon found in the car.  The girl had no warrants out and had no criminal history of violent actions.  The authorities ruled the shooting justified.  Nobody rioted so I guess it's all fine with what the deputy did.  But a girl is dead and all we have is the deputy's word for it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So if there is no riot then it's all OK?  A sheriffs deputy down in Sedalia pulled over a young white girl not too long ago.  He shot and killed her, claiming he threatened him.  No dash cam.  No body cam.  No weapon found in the car.  The girl had no warrants out and had no criminal history of violent actions.  The authorities ruled the shooting justified.  Nobody rioted so I guess it's all fine with what the deputy did.  But a girl is dead and all we have is the deputy's word for it.

Please quote the point where I said no riot would make it "all OK."  Cease with the purely emotional arguments, we're not Democrats here.  We think, and leave the emoting to the Dems.

You are arguing the facts of the case (which I am not), and I say they are not relevant to the discussion about "When and where will there be a riot?"
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 08:43:06 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Online berdie

I wonder if you could post a link about this? It might be helpful.

Offline RedHead

Online Polly Ticks

@Cyber Liberty

Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron will be announcing the decision in the fatal shooting of 26-year-old Breonna Taylor by Louisville police this afternoon, USA Today/ The Courier Journal has learned.

[...]

But Kentucky State Police cars and orange clones were already blocking off the Kentucky History Center in Frankfort, where the decision was expected to be announced at approximately 1:30 p.m.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/breonna-taylor/2020/09/23/kentucky-attorney-general-announces-breonna-taylor-decision-wednesday/3502148001/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
But Kentucky State Police cars and orange clones were already blocking off the Kentucky History Center in Frankfort, where the decision was expected to be announced at approximately 1:30 p.m.

Orange Clones?  Is there a copy of Donald Trump running around?   :laugh:

So it's gonna be today.  I'll have to be sure and watch this spot at 1:30 EDT, I'll be away from the TeeVee.
I will NOT comply.

Online rustynail

' expected to be announced at approximately 1:30 p.m.'....during Siesta?

Offline goatprairie

You've created a false analogy. I never claimed that police shouldn't be held responsible for what they do.
Obviously, all leos should be as well as anybody else in authority with power over other people's lives.
I'm simply looking at a particular case of the police raiding a home where drug deals had gone down. BTW, Taylor's name was on the warrant, and it's not clear who fired at the police first....her or her boyfriend, a felon.
Did the police do everything perfectly? Maybe not. Further investigation is needed.
But from what we know they had a legal warrant to raid the home, and they were fired upon first.
I sincerely doubt that the police involved were unaware of the current controversy concerning the police and black citizens.
But again if you're  a leo performing  a legal task and you were fired upon, what would you do? Not fire back?  :pondering:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You've created a false analogy. I never claimed that police shouldn't be held responsible for what they do.
Obviously, all leos should be as well as anybody else in authority with power over other people's lives.
I'm simply looking at a particular case of the police raiding a home where drug deals had gone down. BTW, Taylor's name was on the warrant, and it's not clear who fired at the police first....her or her boyfriend, a felon.
Did the police do everything perfectly? Maybe not. Further investigation is needed.
But from what we know they had a legal warrant to raid the home, and they were fired upon first.
I sincerely doubt that the police involved were unaware of the current controversy concerning the police and black citizens.
But again if you're  a leo performing  a legal task and you were fired upon, what would you do? Not fire back?  :pondering:

The post you quoted is chock-full of emotional arguments.  Logic is riding somewhere in the back seat.
I will NOT comply.

Offline goatprairie

The post you quoted is chock-full of emotional arguments.  Logic is riding somewhere in the back seat.
Emotional arguments? Baloney. What arguments did I pose that were emotional? Or I'm going to accuse you of being irrational.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
LEX 18 News
@LEX18News
BREAKING: Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron is reportedly planning to announce the decision in the deadly shooting of Breonna Taylor by Louisville police at 1:30 p.m.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Emotional arguments? Baloney. What arguments did I pose that were emotional? Or I'm going to accuse you of being irrational.

Clarification:  I was not referring to any arguments you made.... rrthree

I was addressing the post to which you replied.
I will NOT comply.