Author Topic: Trump’s triumphant-end run around the Democrats  (Read 3146 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump’s triumphant-end run around the Democrats
« on: August 09, 2020, 02:12:02 pm »
August 9, 2020
Trump’s triumphant-end run around the Democrats
By Andrea Widburg

Animals that are ambush hunters tend to be very still until they have their prey where they want them. Then, the ambush hunter is an explosion of efficient motion and the prey . . . well, the prey is toast. With Saturday’s executive orders and press conference, Trump proved himself to be a masterful ambush hunter, and the Democrats found themselves being hapless prey.

As with so many of their initiatives in 2020, the Democrats got greedy. Time and time again, they’ve used the excuse of the Wuhan virus and George Floyd’s death to advance hard-left policies unrelated either to the virus or to the exceedingly rare instances when American police wantonly kill black men.

When the virus first appeared, Trump, in good faith, allowed Fauci to lead him down the primrose path. This meant giving in to, and signing off on, the Democrats’ demands for stimulus bills. His agreement made the Democrats foolhardy. With the economy on life support, deaths from the virus dropping, and Americans desperately wanting to go back to work, the Democrats decided that they could again lard the latest stimulus bill with all manner of things. They assumed Trump would be either trapped or compliant.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/08/trumps_triumphantend_run_around_the_democrats.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Trump’s triumphant-end run around the Democrats
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 02:16:43 pm »
Excellent summary of events to date. 

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 02:19:51 pm »

On your recommendation I will give it a read... :patriot:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 02:20:39 pm »

Agreed.

Loved this:  "Suspend student loan payments. (It’s to be hoped that Trump will not ultimately endorse Elizabeth Warren’s demand that the Wuhan virus should be used as an excuse to forgive all student loans. If someone was stupid enough to get a $300,000 gender studies degree, taxpayers should not be on the hook."
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 02:23:37 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 02:37:41 pm »
I don't see this as anything to get excited about here. While I applaud the President's efforts, the DEMS are already threatening to sue, they have called upon the GOP to come back to the table, MSM is reporting that Trump has no authority to do this and a member of the GOP (Sasse) is calling this  unconstitutional slop and an illusion and Pelosi is agreeing -- all of this on Chris Wallace's interview (@link)

I don't see that he is going to be allowed to proceed with this and the DEMS will come up with a far more appealing plan to the general public.  Especially those who will eagerly accept the handout that pays a lot of them more than they can get when they go back to work.

Also, this doesn't include or have anything to do with the proposed $1,200, + dependent $ for a 2nd round of stimulus payments.

I certainly don't applaud adding trillions more to our debt -- our economy has already been crushed.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-on-fox-news-sunday

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2020, 02:39:51 pm »

The complaint about this from the rat news was the president 'being political'. Amazing.

The same as accusing Conor McGregor of using fists against Floyd Mayweather.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2020, 02:40:18 pm »
I don't see this as anything to get excited about here. While I applaud the President's efforts, the DEMS are already threatening to sue, they have called upon the GOP to come back to the table, MSM is reporting that Trump has no authority to do this and a member of the GOP (Sasse) is calling this  unconstitutional slop and an illusion and Pelosi is agreeing -- all of this on Chris Wallace's interview (@link)

I don't see that he is going to be allowed to proceed with this and the DEMS will come up with a far more appealing plan to the general public.  Especially those who will eagerly accept the handout that pays a lot of them more than they can get when they go back to work.

Also, this doesn't include or have anything to do with the proposed $1,200, + dependent $ for a 2nd round of stimulus payments.

I certainly don't applaud adding trillions more to our debt -- our economy has already been crushed.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-on-fox-news-sunday

FINALLY! A reasoned response.  :beer: :seeya:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2020, 02:42:36 pm »
FINALLY! A reasoned response.  :beer: :seeya:

Where?  All I saw was a sour grapes post about the President taking democrat lemons and making lemonade.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2020, 02:57:31 pm »
Where?  All I saw was a sour grapes post about the President taking democrat lemons and making lemonade.

Riiight. S'alright. Math is hard. Better to get out your crayons and draw pretty pictures.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2020, 02:58:54 pm »
Riiight. S'alright. Math is hard. Better to get out your crayons and draw pretty pictures.

So that YOU can better grasp the situation??    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2020, 03:01:57 pm »

You blame Trump when he simply signs what congress puts in front of him. Now you're criticizing him for taking the initiative and trying to bring things under control.

There's just no pleasing you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2020, 03:07:12 pm »
So that YOU can better grasp the situation??    :laugh:

Oh I can see it just fine. Fiscal conservatism requires a tax cut be mated to a spending cut, or it is not a tax cut at all, but merely a shift in how the spending debt is paid.

Not collecting payroll taxes is a tax cut. Continuing to pay out on unemployment is more spending. A formulaic exact-opposite of proper stewardship

Them printing presses are wheezing like a squeezebox on Saturday night and all y'all are fist pumping and high-fiving. Like I said. stick to your crayons.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2020, 03:08:05 pm »
You blame Trump when he simply signs what congress puts in front of him. Now you're criticizing him for taking the initiative and trying to bring things under control.

There's just no pleasing you.

SURE THERE IS=STOP SPENDING OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2020, 03:12:55 pm »
SURE THERE IS=STOP SPENDING OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY.

Thats what the income tax holiday is about. Sure its temporary but it's a move in the right direction.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2020, 03:16:44 pm »
Thats what the income tax holiday is about. Sure its temporary but it's a move in the right direction.

NO, it is not. You've just stopped collection without cutting spending. Where will the money come from to pay for the spending?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2020, 03:19:35 pm »
NO, it is not. You've just stopped collection without cutting spending. Where will the money come from to pay for the spending?

Forgotten the Laffer Curve?

Obviously spending is a problem. But stop the bleeding first.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2020, 03:20:50 pm »
Oh I can see it just fine. Fiscal conservatism requires a tax cut be mated to a spending cut, or it is not a tax cut at all, but merely a shift in how the spending debt is paid.

Not collecting payroll taxes is a tax cut. Continuing to pay out on unemployment is more spending. A formulaic exact-opposite of proper stewardship

Them printing presses are wheezing like a squeezebox on Saturday night and all y'all are fist pumping and high-fiving. Like I said. stick to your crayons.

LOL!

In the REAL world, many people don't have enough money to pay their rent.  Or, to feed their children ice-cream when they deserve it.

In the REAL world, those landlords are on the hook for mucho dinero.  In the REAL world, equity loans on real estate are only for certain zip codes and/or credit scores.

They need the help yesterday.  Not in the coming weeks when the Democrats...who thrive on misery to maintain their base, decide it's the time to appear like some White Knight.

Donald Trump snuck up on Nancy and Chuck and yanked their pants down around their ankles.

And, he ain't even a politician.   

:2popcorn:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2020, 03:24:01 pm »
Forgotten the Laffer Curve?

Obviously spending is a problem. But stop the bleeding first.

You've stopped nothing. you've just changed the spigot the blood is coming from.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2020, 03:25:13 pm »
LOL!

In the REAL world, many people don't have enough money to pay their rent.  Or, to feed their children ice-cream when they deserve it.

In the REAL world, those landlords are on the hook for mucho dinero.  In the REAL world, equity loans on real estate are only for certain zip codes and/or credit scores.

They need the help yesterday.  Not in the coming weeks when the Democrats...who thrive on misery to maintain their base, decide it's the time to appear like some White Knight.

Donald Trump snuck up on Nancy and Chuck and yanked their pants down around their ankles.

And, he ain't even a politician.   

:2popcorn:

Relief would be work and allowing folks to make their own money, not take someone else's.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2020, 03:30:40 pm »
I'm having a difficult time cheering a President who just beat the Rats to the punch on the subject of spending more taxpayer money.  My problem is he just appropriated our money without an act of Congress. 

That should give us all pause.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2020, 03:34:14 pm »
I'm having a difficult time cheering a President who just beat the Rats to the punch on the subject of spending more taxpayer money.  My problem is he just appropriated our money without an act of Congress. 

pointing-up :yowsa: :bullie smokin:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2020, 03:34:48 pm »

I paused when the government ordered my business closed, forced me into my house, forbade me to go to church and made me wear a mask.

In the order of recent outrages a clever political maneuver ranks pretty low.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2020, 03:36:36 pm »
Relief would be work and allowing folks to make their own money, not take someone else's.

It's not going to be permanent.  It's temporary.

It's a SWIFT remedy to bring cash-flow to people that will take them past November 3rd.

Image is Reality in Washington.

Especially, 90 days out from the most important election in our history.

BTW... to me, this is expected from somebody who is a builder...a developer...on a global scale.

His entire existence and success therein is based upon solving problems.  ON THE SPOT!   Meaning in days/weeks, not months and years.

IMO, when you view him in that light, the rest is easy and entertaining.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2020, 03:39:05 pm »
It's not going to be permanent.  It's temporary.

It's a SWIFT remedy to bring cash-flow to people that will take them past November 3rd.

Image is Reality in Washington.

Especially, 90 days out from the most important election in our history.

BTW... to me, this is expected from somebody who is a builder...a developer...on a global scale.

His entire existence and success therein is based upon solving problems.  ON THE SPOT!   Meaning in days/weeks, not months and years.

IMO, when you view him in that light, the rest is easy and entertaining.

Blah, blah, blah. I swear, all y'all will justify anything.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2020, 03:46:24 pm »

What's at stake...THREE MONTHS OUT!!!   BUEHLER???

The Republic as Founded with a Constitution that is respected and accepted as the best human experiment in recorded history.  THAT's what's at stake.  And if USA goes back to 2009 with a vengeance many people are going to die.

Like it or not, WE'RE ALL inside The Alamo right now. 

But lookie here!   Donald Trump had a tunnel dug to bring in supplies to keep peoples' cash flow... I mean to keep weapons loaded so that we can fight and eat another day.

And the analogy isn't that silly once you sit down and look around.