Author Topic: A New Right Grounded in Insurgency Thinking  (Read 5028 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: A New Right Grounded in Insurgency Thinking
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2020, 04:16:57 pm »
That's a great one too.  Is that the Witherspoon who's signature appears on the Declaration of Independence?

Most certainly!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2020, 04:19:54 pm »
Are you kidding me?   I am not saying or endorsing a vote for dims in any form or fashion.  I AM SAYING THE INSANITY OF MASSIVE TRILLION $ SPENDING SPREES MUST STOP!!!! 

Is that concept too hard for you to understand?, and why are you so supportive of Trump supporting your tiny little outlay (/s) of a $1T?
All you free spenders are alike.  Taking us off the fiscal cliff with glee.

It will NEVER stop until such time the we once again have a currency backed by something real.  Monopoly money is a great description of what we have now.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2020, 04:20:03 pm »
Are you kidding me?   I am not saying or endorsing a vote for dims in any form or fashion.  I AM SAYING THE INSANITY OF MASSIVE TRILLION $ SPENDING SPREES MUST STOP!!!! 

Is that concept too hard for you to understand?, and why are you so supportive of Trump supporting your tiny little outlay (/s) of a $1T?
All you free spenders are alike.  Taking us off the fiscal cliff with glee.
I’ll respectfully pose to you this question - Since we all agree DC in general is responsible for this decades old over spending problem, and we all agree that the president, although he has made more of an attempt to curtail spending than most presidents, like those other presidents he ultimately folded and signed these budgets and thus shares some responsibility - what can be gained by reaming him on the subject four months before such a critical election? And what do we stand to lose?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 04:22:00 pm by skeeter »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2020, 04:27:36 pm »
It will NEVER stop until such time the we once again have a currency backed by something real.  Monopoly money is a great description of what we have now.

And why Gold is in the next few minutes likely to touch $1,900 /oz. for the first time in history.  It's all lining up for the cards to fall.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2020, 04:34:19 pm »
I’ll respectfully pose to you this question - Since we all agree DC in general is responsible for this decades old over spending problem, and we all agree that the president, although he has made more of an attempt to curtail spending than most presidents, like those other presidents he ultimately folded and signed these budgets and thus shares some responsibility - what can be gained by reaming him on the subject four months before such a critical election? And what do we stand to lose?

The man has a veto pen to use at his disposal after the legislation is passed.  If he yields that pen, and shoots this down, I will retract. 

And BTW...   just for reference, here are the cold hard facts.....

YE projected debt incured during Trump administration in four years - $9T
Debt incurred during Obama administration in 8 years- $8.1T

And again, how has he curtailed spending as you state?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2020, 04:39:58 pm »
The man has a veto pen to use at his disposal after the legislation is passed.  If he yields that pen, and shoots this down, I will retract. 

And BTW...   just for reference, here are the cold hard facts.....

YE projected debt incured during Trump administration in four years - $9T
Debt incurred during Obama administration in 8 years- $8.1T

And again, how has he curtailed spending as you state?
I didn’t. I said he has made a more vigorous attempt. The longest gov shutdown in modern history. He has also reduced a great many regulations which has to have a positive effect on spending.

I assume you aren't including the COVID pay out in your figures. You know as well as I do that the vast majority of spending is mandated by law and for POTUS to seriously attack it, presumably by EO because the GOP will not cooperate, would be political suicide in the end without result. What do YOU propose he do in his first term?

And again how does repeatedly attacking him for it now further your cause?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 04:48:04 pm by skeeter »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2020, 04:47:16 pm »
I didn’t. I said he has made a more vigorous attempt. The longest gov shutdown in modern history. He has also reduced a great many regulations which has to have a positive effect on spending.

I assume you aren't including the COVID pay out in your figures. You know as well as I do that the vast majority of spending is mandated by law and for POTUS to seriously attack it, presumably by EO because the GOP will not cooperate, would be political suicide in the end without result. What do YOU propose he do in his first term?

First terms about over.  That's water over the bridge.  Even before the COVID crisis, you do realize that there were several  pieces of legislation that Trump signed, but could have vetoed if he was truly serious about fiscal responsibility.  Don't get me wrong...  I am voting for the guy in November, as the lesser of evils. 

But seeing good conservatives here touting, and even endorisng Trump's economic plans is a little shocking.  20 years ago, the response would have been much more damning. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2020, 04:51:00 pm »
First terms about over.  That's water over the bridge.  Even before the COVID crisis, you do realize that there were several  pieces of legislation that Trump signed, but could have vetoed if he was truly serious about fiscal responsibility.  Don't get me wrong...  I am voting for the guy in November, as the lesser of evils. 

But seeing good conservatives here touting, and even endorisng Trump's economic plans is a little shocking.  20 years ago, the response would have been much more damning.

Granted I haven't read the entire thread but I'd be surprised to see anyone here cheering for deficit spending.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2020, 05:30:51 pm »

You're talking about a Third Party, which would insure infinite Democrat rule in a 50/50 nation.

Talking about a THIRD party, without being able to manage their existing First tier major party.

Hey guys and gals follow me.

If you think your so-called Principles SELL themselves, that is the main problem.

Conservatives lack self-appraisal.

Too busy blabbing in their never-ending debates, to examine why they are where they are.

Every Republican/conservaive should be engaged in learning Persuasion.

How to convert prospects?

--keep it simple

--make it visual

--repat, repeat, repeat,repeat.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2020, 05:38:26 pm »
Talking about a THIRD party, without being able to manage their existing First tier major party.

Hey guys and gals follow me.

If you think your so-called Principles SELL themselves, that is the main problem.

Conservatives lack self-appraisal.

Too busy blabbing in their never-ending debates, to examine why they are where they are.

Every Republican/conservaive should be engaged in learning Persuasion.

How to convert prospects?

--keep it simple

--make it visual

--repat, repeat, repeat,repeat.

@truth_seeker
When arguing w a lib, I’ve learned to boil it down to this:

Do you trust politicians, of either party?  (They always say no)
Then why do you want to give so much control of your life over to them?

Those that hear that line of thinking can usually hear you.  Those that can’t, are blind and dead, so there’s no use debating them.

And the beauty of that line of arguing is it applies to EVERY subject and it makes them defend their faith in government.   We spend WAY too much time trying to convince rather than just make them defend their positions.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2020, 05:53:36 pm »
@truth_seeker

Those that hear that line of thinking can usually hear you.  Those that can’t, are blind and dead, so there’s no use debating them.

And the beauty of that line of arguing is it applies to EVERY subject and it makes them defend their faith in government.   We spend WAY too much time trying to convince rather than just make them defend their positions.

Great.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2020, 06:00:54 pm »
@truth_seeker

We should all tattoo these two questions on the back of our foreheads, to be pulled out when talking to lefties.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2020, 06:06:44 pm »
@truth_seeker

Excellent!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2020, 06:19:42 pm »
We should all tattoo these two questions on the back of our foreheads, to be pulled out when talking to lefties.

Back of my forehead??? Then I would have to turn my eyes inside out....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2020, 06:23:14 pm »
Back of my forehead??? Then I would have to turn my eyes inside out....

It's so you can bypass the eyes and let your brain see it directly...lol.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2020, 06:27:27 pm »
Just back in contact with a woman from ten years or so. We served together on a non-profit board. I still do. She popped up on my Facebook, on the recall Gavin Newsome (CA Governor) movement.

My first thought, I remembered her to be a  NY liberal.

I sent a kind message, and she replied she used to be far left, now is far right with a flag and pro Trump.

I am going to inquire about some mutual friends, and ask her what happened?

I will learn what persuaded her to change positions?

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2020, 06:39:55 pm »
Just back in contact with a woman from ten years or so. We served together on a non-profit board. I still do. She popped up on my Facebook, on the recall Gavin Newsome (CA Governor) movement.

My first thought, I remembered her to be a  NY liberal.

I sent a kind message, and she replied she used to be far left, now is far right with a flag and pro Trump.

I am going to inquire about some mutual friends, and ask her what happened?

My wife when I met her was a Carter supporting democrat, who was a just a tad left of center. Her main concerns were making sure the less fortunate weren't left behind.  After 40 years later she has morphed as far right as i am.  What used to be a wealth inequality concern has changed justifiably.    What used to be so called "left behind" became entitlement junkies. 

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2020, 06:49:04 pm »
My wife when I met her was a Carter supporting democrat, who was a just a tad left of center. Her main concerns were making sure the less fortunate weren't left behind.  After 40 years later she has morphed as far right as i am.  What used to be a wealth inequality concern has changed justifiably.    What used to be so called "left behind" became entitlement junkies.

Yes, but you can't expect the population to go "Cold Turkey", thus creating a visual that supports the outrageous claims that we don't give a damn about people.

They need to be weaned.  By providing job opportunities. 

Using the VETO paints a bullseye on him and the Party.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2020, 06:58:57 pm »
@truth_seeker

Sound Advice, right here.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2020, 10:24:33 pm »

IMO, that's usually a cramp of some kind...  :laugh:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2020, 10:29:05 pm »

WE don't need to GIVE them anything as they are very adept at taking whatever they like.  Witness the current Marxist Income tax system we suffer for example!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 10:57:10 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2020, 10:52:59 pm »
WE don't need to GIVE them anything as they are very adept at taking them.  Witness the current Marxist Income tax system we suffer for example!

Substitute "Taken from you" for "Given," then ask, "What if the winds change and they decide to outlaw abortions for blacks, and encourage it for whites by offering it for free?" and see what they say.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2020, 11:54:13 pm »
Mesaclone wrote:
"And if one thing in history stands out...it is that you cannot dissuade fanatics from their jihad."

And that goes for the communists, as well. History has shown that.

In the end, the fate of traditional America (and of the Euro-Americans who built it) rests on this proposition:
Are we willing to fight them with enough force and determination to eliminate them?
Not merely "subdue" them, but ELIMINATE them.

If we are, we'll win.
If we're not, THEY are going to win.

I'm a realist.
As I look around, I don't see such determination in traditional-minded Americans (aka "the white folks").
Nor do I see it in the constitutions of the overwhelming majority of elected representatives [supposedly] "on our side".

We are mired in an "American Weimar"...

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2020, 12:08:44 am »
Mesaclone wrote:
"And if one thing in history stands out...it is that you cannot dissuade fanatics from their jihad."

And that goes for the communists, as well. History has shown that.

In the end, the fate of traditional America (and of the Euro-Americans who built it) rests on this proposition:
Are we willing to fight them with enough force and determination to eliminate them?
Not merely "subdue" them, but ELIMINATE them.

If we are, we'll win.
If we're not, THEY are going to win.

I'm a realist.
As I look around, I don't see such determination in traditional-minded Americans (aka "the white folks").
Nor do I see it in the constitutions of the overwhelming majority of elected representatives [supposedly] "on our side".

We are mired in an "American Weimar"...

I am ashamed to admit that I've found a latent respect for where Allende and Pol Pot were coming from.

Parents have only photographs of their missing children that were taken to the soccer stadium and never seen again.

That's how they dealt with THEIR 'Antifas'.

Very hard to do when the society asks you to donate "just $19 @ month" to save a cat or a dog.

Offline dancer

« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2020, 07:39:19 am »
You are once again wrong. I entirely get it.

I don't "accept" the spending, but I prefer to surrendering the nation to Marxism. Because that IS the binary choice we face...I'd love to stand on a moral high horse and proclaim "Give me a balanced budget or give me death".  But we can't afford that posturing right now...that posturing only ensures my children and grandchildren will live under Marxism.

Get this through your head. If the GOP loses this election, Marxism wins. We don't get to come back from this one...this is not a normal election. And while I HATE the spending, I will not willingly let America go quietly into that goodnight. You apparently WILL as long as you can stand back and shout I TOLD YOU SO about spending and conservative puritanism. Great. I'm glad you'll feel good about yourself as the nation burns around you.
BRAVO! 

I will add that "puritanism" is a well known tactic to distract, interfere and disrupt those on the right trying to achieve their goals. 

This election will decide if we remain a sovereign nation or disappear into the fog of the globalist NWO, a one world government.