Author Topic: A New Right Grounded in Insurgency Thinking  (Read 5064 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: A New Right Grounded in Insurgency Thinking
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2020, 03:18:18 pm »
A New Right Grounded in Insurgency Thinking

AKA: "How to beat the opposition without losing your identity (or worse, your soul)."
At least it seems that is what this thread has become.

In interesting dilemma.

Brilliant!   :beer:

I don't have an easy answer, but I don't think you have to opt out of what you believe in to defeat the left.

INDEED! ADOPTING the left is not defeating it! I will not opt out. Somebody important once said:

Mark 8 (KJV)
36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

And in that you have hit upon the very crux of the problem. It is winning nothing if the soul is lost. That is losing. I don't care how many ballots you get.

For example, we believe in the 10th amendment.

Those cities and states with (more) conservative governments haven't seen the amount of destruction the rioters have caused.
They haven't seen the COVID deaths- the rise in cases, yes- but not the higher death rates.

The media and the universities don't want people to acknowledged this the case.
People ain't leaving Red states to go to Blue states, y'all.
Our message is getting through, even though it doesn't feel like it at times.

That's right. It could very well be that the libs have pooped in their mess kit with all the riots and lockdowns.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2020, 03:19:04 pm »
Yep, I don't really know exactly what "America First" stands for.... honestly... or who is behind it... If it is Trump first, I am sure it doesn't have it's head screwed on tightly.

American First is actually quite simple @Sighlass   ... as for who's behind it that's simple, too:  It's the anti-globalists.  Here's a sample of what "America First" means in real terms:

Trade deals create a level playing field where American workers can earn a piece of the pie along side our international partners.  Existing ones are renegotiated and new ones begin based on this new fundamental tenet.

International treaties serve our interests, too, or we don't join them.  Our national wallet is no longer open for pillaging --- even in the name of global warming and ally military defense.

America First means incentivizing businesses to return home to America, including manufacturing, research and supply lines -- providing American prosperity and independence.

America First means retaking our place as the leader in oil and gas production, freeing us from the hostage takers in the Middle East and Eastern Europe and providing countless employment and business opportunities in the United States.

America First means a superior military ready and armed for use based on our interests and not on global pressure or legacy wars.

America First means our sovereignty is real and our borders are respected and defended.  America First means citizenship provides the privileges of voting, economic opportunity, legal protections and healthcare security.  Americans are first in America.

There are more examples, but it's starting to feel like I'm writing a book, so I'll stop and hope I've made a point or two.   happy77

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2020, 03:21:23 pm »
Of course just because we are trying to scream to end the fiscal insanity, some posters are saying we only have a "concern for ourselves".  Ever dream you would hear bullshit like that?  Hard medicine fiscally is the only way to save this republic.  And if that is a reason someone thinks I am in it for "my self".....  is totally laughable.

I know, right? And on a conservative forum to boot. This is the stuff of the twitterpated.
 :beer:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2020, 03:23:09 pm »
I don't know why, I was very young when it happened and completely uninitiated to politics, but I sat down and cried me a river when that man lost to LBJ.  Somehow I KNEW it was a turning point, I guess instinctively because I didn't know anything much at the time about politics or history.

...And that storm has now come ashore.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2020, 03:23:55 pm »
I don't know why, I was very young when it happened and completely uninitiated to politics, but I sat down and cried me a river when that man lost to LBJ.  Somehow I KNEW it was a turning point, I guess instinctively because I didn't know anything much at the time about politics or history.

Goldwater was before my time. My first and second votes were cast for the Gipper. But in that, I must readily embrace Goldwater, as Reagan was from the same Conservative wing.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2020, 03:26:14 pm »
@GrouchoTex @roamer_1

This is a really great thread.  It's the kind of thread I prefer to leave unmolested because it's a subject every one of us is passionate about.  If it gets really nasty I can move it to Members Only, but not yet.

Thanks for that.
Just remember to keep a tight grip on the reins, but don't plough-rein the horse.
 :cool:
 :beer:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2020, 03:30:47 pm »

1964 was a taste of how sheep-like the American public can be.   ****sheep****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2020, 03:30:50 pm »
Goldwater was before my time. My first and second votes were cast for the Gipper. But in that, I must readily embrace Goldwater, as Reagan was from the same Conservative wing.

The first time I was old enough to vote was in 1968, I voted for Richard Nixon, and would do it again today given the same choices.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2020, 03:32:23 pm »
1964 was a taste of how sheep-like the American public can be.   ****sheep****

Yes! And they are a great deal more sheep-like today than they were then!  Witness this CV-19 BS!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2020, 03:33:31 pm »
At some point in time after the economy has gone off the cliff in a ball of flames, there will be an accounting of the fiscally irresponsible parties.  That list will not be exclusive to democrats.

You people are too much. Tell me...how accountable is a Marxist government with 25 million newly minted and legalized (illegal) immigrant voters?

Are China's leaders "accountable" to their Marxist masters? 

You just don't get it...we lose this fight...we lose. There IS no accounting, at least not until AFTER the lives, freedoms and livelihoods of our grandchildren have been utterly annihilated.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2020, 03:34:13 pm »
The first time I was old enough to vote was in 1968, I voted for Richard Nixon, and would do it again today given the same choices.

I can remember standing out in the yard with a Nixon sign... Got a lot of honks and happy waives... Even in a Chicago suburb.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2020, 03:35:34 pm »
You people are too much. Tell me...how accountable is a Marxist government with 25 million newly minted and legalized (illegal) immigrant voters?

You just don't get it...we lose this fight...we lose. There IS no accounting, at least not until AFTER the lives, freedoms and livelihoods of our grandchildren have been utterly annihilated.

So far, more accountable than Tumpy and the Publicans. He's on a roll.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2020, 03:36:27 pm »
Yes! And they are a great deal more sheep-like today than they were then!  Witness this CV-19 BS!

Ain't that a fact.  :beer:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2020, 03:37:20 pm »

I don't disagree, I just happen to think we will prevail.
The left has shown it's back side this year, and nothing they can do between now and November can fix that.
Keep pushing, of course, never let up on the message, agreed.

I feel pretty good about November today.

I may change my mind tomorrow.

@DCPatriot
Pragmatism, if I change my mind about our chances, but not the message.......
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 03:40:59 pm by GrouchoTex »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2020, 03:40:26 pm »
This grapic perfectly illustrates my political life to date!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2020, 03:41:58 pm »
I don't disagree, I just happen to think we will prevail.
The left has shown it's back side this year, and nothing they can do between now and November can fix that.
Keep pushing, of course, never let up on the message, agreed.

I feel pretty good about November today.

I may change my mind tomorrow.

I've been out talking to people, and even the Democrats are getting pissed off at their "leaders."  People have been coming n to the GOP HQ where I volunteer one day a week, to change their Party affiliations to GOP.  I've even had people who moved in from Cali where they were Dems changing their registrations.

Granted, we're a small county, but we provided the margin in 2016 to help Trump carry the state of AZ.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2020, 03:48:50 pm »
I've been out talking to people, and even the Democrats are getting pissed off at their "leaders."  People have been coming n to the GOP HQ where I volunteer one day a week, to change their Party affiliations to GOP.  I've even had people who moved in from Cali where they were Dems changing their registrations.

Granted, we're a small county, but we provided the margin in 2016 to help Trump carry the state of AZ.
our only chance, shy of armed conflict, is a massive repudiation of the rats this November. Not to be read as support of the GOP, but a repudiation of the rats.

Alas with 45 percent of the population brain dead rat party supporters I do not think it likely.

But I remain hopeful.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2020, 03:50:38 pm »
our only chance, shy of armed conflict, is a massive repudiation of the rats this November. Not to be read as support of the GOP, but a repudiation of the rats.

Alas with 45 percent of the population brain dead rat party supporters I do not think it likely.

But I remain hopeful.

That 45% perceives that the HAVE to vote D for their bread! EXACTLY as LBJ intended!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2020, 03:57:43 pm »
That 45% perceives that the HAVE to vote D for their bread! EXACTLY as LBJ intended!

It's time to post one of my favorite quotes:

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”

― Alexander Fraser Tytler
I will NOT comply.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2020, 03:58:43 pm »

I sense this as well.
I saw a Portland demonstration where a mother had 2 toddlers wlaking arond with signs, and saying out loud "F**K the Police"
TODDLERS!

A line has been drawn, and I don't believe everyone on the left will be willing to cross it.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2020, 04:00:42 pm »
It's time to post one of my favorite quotes:

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”

― Alexander Fraser Tytler

The USA is not, never has been, and I pray God, never will be a stinking democracy. I am well aware of the long term and ongoing efforts to turn it into one and will resist that with every fiber of my being for as long as I continue to suck wind. After that, you are on your own!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2020, 04:05:31 pm »
The USA is not, never has been, and I pray God, never will be a stinking democracy. I am well aware of the long term and ongoing efforts to turn it into one and will resist that with every fiber of my being for as long as I continue to suck wind. After that, you are on your own!

We are in the next-to-last leg of the journey described that I highlighted.  And it's precisely because we're teaching the next generations we really are a Democracy.   9999hair out0000

They're fine with mob rule, because they see themselves as the beneficiaries.  Apparently they forgot all about the Night of the Long Knives, and they are the SA. 
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2020, 04:08:18 pm »
We are in the next-to-last leg of the journey described that I highlighted.  And it's precisely because we're teaching the next generations we really are a Democracy.   9999hair out0000

They're fine with mob rule, because they see themselves as the beneficiaries.  Apparently they forgot all about the Night of the Long Knives, and they are the SA.

So it would seem.  We will know soon enough.

And BTW, here is one of my favorite quotes:

“Nothing is more certain than that a general profligacy and corruption of manners make a people ripe for destruction. A good form of government may hold the rotten materials together for some time, but beyond a certain pitch, even the best constitution will be ineffectual, and slavery must ensue.”

John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men, 1776

« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 04:10:29 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2020, 04:13:23 pm »
So it would seem.  We will know soon enough.

And BTW, here is one of my favorite quotes:

“Nothing is more certain than that a general profligacy and corruption of manners make a people ripe for destruction. A good form of government may hold the rotten materials together for some time, but beyond a certain pitch, even the best constitution will be ineffectual, and slavery must ensue.”

John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men, 1776

That's a great one too.  Is that the Witherspoon who's signature appears on the Declaration of Independence?
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2020, 04:13:32 pm »

Are you kidding me?   I am not saying or endorsing a vote for dims in any form or fashion.  I AM SAYING THE INSANITY OF MASSIVE TRILLION $ SPENDING SPREES MUST STOP!!!! 

Is that concept too hard for you to understand?, and why are you so supportive of Trump supporting your tiny little outlay (/s) of a $1T?
All you free spenders are alike.  Taking us off the fiscal cliff with glee. 
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 04:16:09 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.