Author Topic: CDC threatens another US lockdown if coronavirus cases spike at its first briefing in three months  (Read 1697 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CDC threatens another US lockdown if coronavirus cases spike at its first briefing in three months - as other experts warn the surge in some states is still the FIRST wave of the virus

Strict lockdowns and social distancing measures could return if cases spike 'dramatically', said the CDC's deputy director for infectious diseases Jay Butler
    The agency gave its first briefing in three months Friday
    Fears are mounting that several states reopened their economies too early, with a renewed spike in cases recorded in Texas, Florida and Arizona
    Experts are warning that the surge in cases is still the first - and not a second - wave of the virus that never truly went away
    States that stayed in lockdown longer may have cleared the first wave, say experts whereas others 'have had more of a first-wave plateau'
    More than 114,000 Americans have died and 2 million have been infected
    Here’s how to help people impacted by Covid-19

By Rachel Sharp For Dailymail.com

Published: 09:11 EDT, 13 June 2020 | Updated: 09:20 EDT, 13 June 2020

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has threatened that another US lockdown will be on the cards if coronavirus cases spike, at the agency's first briefing in three months after it was sidelined when the pandemic began.

'If cases begin to go up again, particularly if they go up dramatically, it's important to recognize that more mitigation efforts such as what were implemented back in March may be needed again,' the CDC's deputy director for infectious diseases, Jay Butler, warned in a press briefing Friday.

Fears are mounting that several states embarked on reopening their economies too early, with a renewed spike in cases recorded in Texas, Florida and Arizona.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8417265/CDC-threatens-lockdown-coronavirus-cases-spike.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The CDC can threaten all they like, and nothing will happen if the political leaders tell them to pound sand, we're not going there again.  Let's hope they've developed a spine in the past few months.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

Does this mean the CDC has given up on 'going where the science leads them'?

Because 'the science' does not in any way back up the contention that lockdowns do a damn bit of good.

I have to admire their gaul though - allowing three weeks of elbow-to-arsehole protesting and rioting without so much as the word 'virus' being uttered, then threatening a lockdown if a spike in cases results.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 04:10:31 pm by skeeter »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The CDC can threaten all they like, and nothing will happen if the political leaders tell them to pound sand, we're not going there again.  Let's hope they've developed a spine in the past few months.
Me too. The last 'lockdown' hoax was handled so poorly (can't go to church or the beach, but rioting in the thousands is just fine) I doubt very many people would pay attention to it. Unless they have thousands of police ready to arrest 100s of thousands 'lockdown violations', everything will just continue as it is now.

The CDC and Fauci in particular have lost all credibility.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

Me too. The last 'lockdown' hoax was handled so poorly (can't go to church or the beach, but rioting in the thousands is just fine) I doubt very many people would pay attention to it. Unless they have thousands of police ready to arrest 100s of thousands 'lockdown violations', everything will just continue as it is now.

The CDC and Fauci in particular have lost all credibility.

What worries me are the nameless faceless bureaucrats at the local level - they'll be delighted to enforce another lockdown. What would stop them from yanking permits and business licenses of those who defy another lockdown mandate? They are almost totally immune from public opinion and most are batsh*t crazy ideologues. The public education system will be happy to comply, as well, in spite of what we want.

I'm afraid the government at the state and local levels in many states are completely beyond the public's reach. In CA we've got rampant voter fraud, so not even elected officials need worry about election day consequences.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 04:20:38 pm by skeeter »

Offline aligncare

I am so done with Covid-19 theater. I’m marking this baby down as just another failed establishment coup.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I am so done with Covid-19 theater. I’m marking this baby down as just another failed establishment coup.

@aligncare

I have mentioned the virus scare was nothing more than an attempt by the DNC to prevent the election from happening by blaming it on Trump,and extending the lock down right up to election day,if possible,because the DNC want's Biden to win and then step down due to health issues so they can just name who they want. I have also said they will almost certainly name Hillary as the next president.

I have done this in public places in a louder than speaking voice so people other than those I was talking with would hear it,and have YET to have anyone disagree with me,or even say "Maybe".

They have ALL nodding their heads vigorously and agreed that was the Dims only hope of defeating Trump was to create one crisis after another and blame them all on Trump.

Not ONE person even seemed hesitant to disagree with me,and I did not know any of those people well enough to know their political views.

Granted,this wasn't a scientific poll,but the fact I  got unanimous agreement from all would indicate the media  is lying to us.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

@aligncare

I have mentioned the virus scare was nothing more than an attempt by the DNC to prevent the election from happening by blaming it on Trump,and extending the lock down right up to election day,if possible,because the DNC want's Biden to win and then step down due to health issues so they can just name who they want. I have also said they will almost certainly name Hillary as the next president.

I have done this in public places in a louder than speaking voice so people other than those I was talking with would hear it,and have YET to have anyone disagree with me,or even say "Maybe".

They have ALL nodding their heads vigorously and agreed that was the Dims only hope of defeating Trump was to create one crisis after another and blame them all on Trump.

Not ONE person even seemed hesitant to disagree with me,and I did not know any of those people well enough to know their political views.

Granted,this wasn't a scientific poll,but the fact I  got unanimous agreement from all would indicate the media  is lying to us.

The DNC is definitely using this virus to their advantage, but I still think Fauci, Bidens and the Chinese inflicted this virus around the globe with the specific intent to bring down Trump and to allow China's currency to become the dominate currency over the rest of the world.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The DNC is definitely using this virus to their advantage, but I still think Fauci, Bidens and the Chinese inflicted this virus around the globe with the specific intent to bring down Trump and to allow China's currency to become the dominate currency over the rest of the world.
The Chinese do not think twice about taking a life or lives, and they are not at all particular about who they kill. I believe wholeheartedly that the virus was released by China intentionally, and that it was spread internationally deliberately. China locked down Wuhan province because of the virus and would not allow anyone there to travel internally within China. However, at the same time, the Chinese were still allowing international flights out of Wuhan. This is proof that they knew about the virus and did not want to allow the spread of it within China. But, they deliberately allowed international flights to intentionally spread it all over the world.

China saw that Trump was not playing their brand of baseball. China wants Trump gone more than anything. Then, they will only have to deal with Democrats which are all ready bought and paid for in China's pocket. The Left in America and around the world were jubilant to 'play along' because they saw the virus and subsequent lockdown as a way to wreck Trump's glorious economy, disrupt the coming election, and as a means to consolidate totalitarian power. It was the trifecta of Liberal dreams coming true.

Now, they are going for a second dip at the pot. But I think they have already overplayed the hand they had. I doubt America will fall for their stupidity again. The riots shattered the so called 'lockdown'. The Democrats will never be able to put the pieces back together again the way it was.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

California is reoopening at a fast clip. Speaking of clips, I'm headed to get a haircut.

The governor tried to scapegoat nail salons, largely a racist ploy landing on hard-working Vietnames.

Lutheran church in my neigjborhood, opens tomorrow but limitted attendance.

This threat of a 2nd wave,  may force them to reveal wht the 1st wave was reaally like.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@libertybele

So do I,and it was the very first thing that popped into my head when I heard the virus originated in China.

Online cato potatoe

The lockdowns are costing more lives than they prevent.  Americans were obese before they spent 3 months indoors.  I predict a wave of shark attacks, as more of them mistake swimmers for walruses.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Just out of curiosity,who/what gives the CDC the authority to tell states and citizens what they MUST do?

Offline dfwgator

We won't get fooled again!

Offline skeeter

If the economy is growing this fall the rats are sunk. And we know they will do anything to win. So a “second wave” shutdown is inevitable.

Offline Victoria33

@aligncare

@sneakypete

If Biden is in office, he has a vice-president.  If Biden stepped down, the VP would be President.

Offline Applewood

Just out of curiosity,who/what gives the CDC the authority to tell states and citizens what they MUST do?

@sneakypete

The CDC does not have the authority to force another lockdown or anything else.  Unfortunately, our state and local leaders do and they will listen to and act upon any stupid "recommendation" or "guideline" the CDC issues, including trying to lock down the country.

I have my doubts another lockdown will be enforced.  It's not just about the economy.  It's summer and after months of isolation, no one wants to be inside.  If these state and local governments try to force people back into lockdown, there will be a fight.

Offline libertybele

If the economy is growing this fall the rats are sunk. And we know they will do anything to win. So a “second wave” shutdown is inevitable.

They may try, but I don't see most Americans sheepishly complying as they did before.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
They may try, but I don't see most Americans sheepishly complying as they did before.
The lockdowns were never a sustainable solution—not of this length or magnitude. They had a few months to get ahead of the virus before things started to collapse. I don't know how people have been willing to put up with it this long, though I suspect two things: 1) envy of the island/peninsula nations that managed to extirpate/near-extirpate it, and 2) the sudden change from mild caution to "cancel/shut down everything" that U.S. and European governments took in mid-March caused genuine panic.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The lockdowns were never a sustainable solution—not of this length or magnitude. They had a few months to get ahead of the virus before things started to collapse. I don't know how people have been willing to put up with it this long, though I suspect two things: 1) envy of the island/peninsula nations that managed to extirpate/near-extirpate it, and 2) the sudden change from mild caution to "cancel/shut down everything" that U.S. and European governments took in mid-March caused genuine panic.

What with the government deciding COVID really isn't a problem where there are riots to be held, a lot of people feel (accurately) they've been had. This might prove interesting if they try to pull that string again.   :pondering:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

If Biden is in office, he has a vice-president.  If Biden stepped down, the VP would be President.

@Victoria33

I have been told that is no longer true if the President dies before being sworn in. I have been told in that case,the DNC or the RNC,as the case may be,have the authority to appoint anyone they want. The new president is not in office yet,so the rules you state wouldn't appply to him or her.

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33

I have been told that is no longer true if the President dies before being sworn in. I have been told in that case,the DNC or the RNC,as the case may be,have the authority to appoint anyone they want. The new president is not in office yet,so the rules you state wouldn't appply to him or her.
@sneakypete

You are correct; I did not know you meant Biden would die before being sworn in.

Offline Victoria33

@sneakypete

If Biden was elected President and die before he was sworn in, the Democrat National Committee would select the President.  That committee is made up of a man and woman Democrat from every state, plus the Chairman of every state's Democrat Party.  So, there would be Democrat representatives from every state to select the President.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

You are correct; I did not know you meant Biden would die before being sworn in.

@Victoria33

Even *I* am not aware that is what I meant. IF the Dims are able to steal the election and Slow Joe wins,who and what is going to be able to tell the Dims they can't legally equate being brain dead with actually being dead,and just go ahead and name his successor?

They will almost certainly control congress,and they absolutely control the teebee and print news media,which means they control what the non-politically aware think of political events.

What and who is going to stop them?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Victoria33

Even *I* am not aware that is what I meant. IF the Dims are able to steal the election and Slow Joe wins,who and what is going to be able to tell the Dims they can't legally equate being brain dead with actually being dead,and just go ahead and name his successor?

They will almost certainly control congress,and they absolutely control the teebee and print news media,which means they control what the non-politically aware think of political events.

What and who is going to stop them?
As one who recalls Echelon and Carnivore, those grown complacent with communications and even the status quo, should think about taking care of things before the Dems gain power. Just to be prepared for contingencies.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis