Author Topic: Pelosi: 'Just calm down,' we'll secure 'significant' money for states, localities  (Read 374 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Pelosi: 'Just calm down,' we'll secure 'significant' money for states, localities
Washington Times, Apr 26, 2020

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Sunday said people clamoring for additional direct funding for states in federal rescue legislation should “just calm down” and vowed that Democrats will secure the money in later rounds of legislating in response to the coronavirus outbreak.

“Just calm down,” Mrs. Pelosi, California Democrat, said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “We will have state and local, and we will have it in a very significant way.”

The speaker’s comment came after a clip of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo ran in which the governor said he would have insisted that funding for states be included in the legislation.

She complimented governors like Mr. Cuomo and Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan and said state and local governments have done their jobs “magnificently.”

“They should be impatient - their impatience should help us get an even bigger number,” she said. “As I say to members, judge it for what it does - don’t criticize it for what it doesn’t because we have a plan for that.”

More:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/26/nancy-pelosi-just-calm-down-well-secure-significan/

Offline skeeter

Excessive spending will make temporary economic damage a permanent fixture.

For starters, there should be no federal assistance for sanctuary cities and states.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Excessive spending will make temporary economic damage a permanent fixture.

For starters, there should be no federal assistance for sanctuary cities and states.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

:yowsa: pointing-up

BTW looking at Pelosi's endorsement of Biden for president its clear she had some elective surgery done on her face during the lockdown. That would explain why she refused to come back to DC for a few weeks.

Donald J. Trump
✔  @realDonaldTrump

Why should the people and taxpayers of America be bailing out poorly run states (like Illinois, as example) and cities, in all cases Democrat run and managed, when most of the other states are not looking for bailout help? I am open to discussing anything, but just asking?

7:41 AM - Apr 27, 2020

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1254782650679615492

Chad Pergram
Verified accountï‚™ @ChadPergram 

WH adviser Navarro on Fox on aid to states: The first is like Andrew Cuomo, I think they forget there's 49 other states in the union here that, they also some need help..I can't reach into my magic bag and throw a bunch of money at NY right now.

7:57 AM - 27 Apr 2020

https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/1254786651546464262

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
NOT ONE PENNY FOR STATES AND CITIES WITH SANCTUARY LAWS THAT DEFY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

Offline corbe

BTW looking at Pelosi's endorsement of Biden for president its clear she had some elective surgery done on her face during the lockdown. That would explain why she refused to come back to DC for a few weeks.

AND the neck scarfs the last few days, unless Dr. Brix has started something.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.