Author Topic: Beaches across the nation are packed as people ignore social distancing to sunbathe and relax on the  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Beaches across the nation are packed as people ignore social distancing to sunbathe and relax on the sand as governors' pleas to stay at home fall on deaf ears
Daily Mail/UK, Apr 25, 2020

From New York to California, people ignored social distancing to hit the beach Saturday as temperatures heated up.

Los Angeles braced for a heatwave this weekend which had people keen to get back to the beach as photos show beachgoers sunbathing and relaxing.

Meanwhile in New York, a spring day after a week of rain saw people out and about on Coney Island and Long Beach, despite the city being the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak.

And in Florida, popular beaches like Daytona and Cocoa Beach, continue to allow people to walk, surf, bike or swim, while promoting staying a safe six-foot distance from others.

This comes in direct defiance to governors Andrew Cuomo (New York) and Gavin Newsom's (California) strict orders to stay-at-home as coronavirus infection rates continue to rise nationwide. 

More (w/lots of Getty pictures):  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8257167/Beach-nation-packed-people-ignore-social-distancing.html

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Thank God.  People are finally showing some gumption.

Online mountaineer

Not much is better for one's health than sunshine and fresh air. We took a walk on a "rails to trails" yesterday. A woman wearing a mask came up from behind on her bicycle and zipped past us. Why a mask? Can you imagine having to breathe heavily into that thing while you're exerting yourself by riding a bike?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Idiot

A lot of white pasty skin in that picture.  Quite a few working on their skin cancers.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Note all of these pictures use low camera angles tilted specifically to make it look far more crowded. Look individually at the space between people and it is far less concerning. People are not as stupid as the fearmongers want to portray them.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Idiot

Note all of these pictures use low camera angles tilted specifically to make it look far more crowded. Look individually at the space between people and it is far less concerning. People are not as stupid as the fearmongers want to portray them.
Yeah they are. LOLOL

Online Hoodat

DHS just announced that heat, humidity, and sunshine drastically inhibits the spread of the virus.  If liberals want to remain in compact, cool dry environments, then have at it.  But stop trying to control how the rest of us choose to live.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
There were so many boats on the lake near my place yesterday I can't see how they could be social distancing!  wink777
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
My friend lives very close the beach in Huntington Beach, CA and he told me that Saturday Main St. just off the pier was so crowded you hardly walk and at least half the people were without masks. My friend said that police were telling people they had to follow social distancing and if they couldn't theey should go home, but no one was really hassled or written citations. I did check the beach web cams and the people on the beach, except for families were spaced out quite a bit

Online cato potatoe

Maybe there is hope yet.  Even the laziest among us have to grow weary of never-ending lockdown orders.  Clearly there is pent up demand for services.  I want to see business owners reopen in defiance of the government.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
A lot of white pasty skin in that picture.  Quite a few working on their skin cancers.

....and not a one of them is wearing a mask!  happy77
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online mountaineer

....and not a one of them is wearing a mask!  happy77
It would leave a rather strange sunburn pattern, don't you think?  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

:pondering:  Is this some usage of the word "packed" that I was previously unfamiliar with?  :pondering:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
It would leave a rather strange sunburn pattern, don't you think?  :laugh:

:yowsa:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Again, all low camera angles. Lots of people, but if you took an overhead shot, most would be far enough apart.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Hoodat

Florida...

That picture was taken over six weeks ago during spring break when beaches were still open.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Again, all low camera angles. Lots of people, but if you took an overhead shot, most would be far enough apart.

Exactly. When I've gone to the beach in the past, I've always looked for an empty spot and try not to be right next to someone anyways ... most people do.   God forbid if we get out and get some sunshine which gives off UV rays and vitamin D and breathe in some fresh air.  I'd be courious to know if salt water has an impact on the virus.

Same with waterparks.  Chlorine, water and those darn UV rays ... pretty dangerous!

That picture was taken over six weeks ago during spring break when beaches were still open.

Thanks @Hoodat  ... I'll remove.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Not without some local controversies. In California there is open defiance of present rules and directives.

Freedom loving surfers, cyclists, skaters, sunbathers, just going outside, doing what they want, while police, lifeguards run chasing them down the beach.

Facebook pages feature photoshopped beach scenes, with huge crowds.

Like Trump, there is plenty of controversy.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 07:02:58 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LMAO

All this will only increase of governors try to clamp down on people even more
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
All this will only increase of governors try to clamp down on people even more

That's right.  And I hope they try.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LegalAmerican

Agree.  :thumbsup: