Author Topic: Beaches across the nation are packed as people ignore social distancing to sunbathe and relax on the  (Read 1787 times)

Offline Applewood

I was out today in my neighborhood.  It's a nice day, so more people are out.  Saw only a few people with face coverings of any kind and little social distancing.  People are getting tired of being prisoners in their own homes and tired of having to follow these rules.    They want their freedom back and I don't blame them.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I was out today in my neighborhood.  It's a nice day, so more people are out.  Saw only a few people with face coverings of any kind and little social distancing.  People are getting tired of being prisoners in their own homes and tired of having to follow these rules.    They want their freedom back and I don't blame them.

This is as I had predicted.  People will stick to it until they no longer see any reason to comply.  For most states, the expiration date of our tolerance is 4/30/2020.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

Aren't things starting to open up in PA?   We're seeing changes in the next few days, with retail stores opening up by May 12, and proceeding from there.

Businesses are going to have restrictions, but they actually want them so that people feel safe coming in to work or into their stores.

There's a light at the end of this tunnel, and it's not that far away.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Again, all low camera angles. Lots of people, but if you took an overhead shot, most would be far enough apart.

Great point @jmyrlefuller  Here's an aerial view -- one of the California beaches

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Aren't things starting to open up in PA?   We're seeing changes in the next few days, with retail stores opening up by May 12, and proceeding from there.

Businesses are going to have restrictions, but they actually want them so that people feel safe coming in to work or into their stores.

There's a light at the end of this tunnel, and it's not that far away.

The first thing PA needs to do, before they do anything else, is open the State Stores.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

@Cyber Liberty
@musiclady

PA will allow some construction and a few outdoor recreational activities like golf.  I believe these start May 1.  Yes, there will be social distancing and the rest of it. 

Cyber, some state liquor stores are already doing  online sales and curbside pickup.  The Goobernor had to do it; he was getting flak from plenty of irate people. 

Offline roamer_1

The middle finger of justice. KMA Uncle Nanny.

Offline Applewood

Was just reading a headline that said this coming summer may be the hottest on record.

Yeah, good luck keeping people away from the water this summer. 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 06:01:40 pm by Applewood »

Offline musiclady

@Cyber Liberty
@musiclady

PA will allow some construction and a few outdoor recreational activities like golf.  I believe these start May 1.  Yes, there will be social distancing and the rest of it. 

Cyber, some state liquor stores are already doing  online sales and curbside pickup.  The Goobernor had to do it; he was getting flak from plenty of irate people.

I still believe that it's the intelligent red state Governors who will force the doofus leftist dictator wannabes into doing what actually IS best for their states.  Michigan's idiot Governor is getting some serious flak for her "don't buy seeds" and don't go to your summer home dictates.  *****rollingeyes*****

It's good to see.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline mountaineer

The golf course I patronize is half in WV and half in PA. I wonder if the golfers have been told (up till now) that they could play only the front nine? The state line is just before the 10th green. :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

The golf course I patronize is half in WV and half in PA. I wonder if the golfers have been told (up till now) that they could play only the front nine? The state line is just before the 10th green. :laugh:

Bet they were buying liquor on the front nine.  :laugh:

Offline mortarman

The theme song for the protests should be "We Gotta Get Outta This Place" by the Animals.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The middle finger of justice. KMA Uncle Nanny.

If they did some virology studies at the beach, it would be interesting to see if the salinity at the shore has a disinfectant effect in the ambient air. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

Bet they were buying liquor on the front nine.  :laugh:
Well, the clubhouse is in WV, and they do have beer.

Offline musiclady

Well, the clubhouse is in WV, and they do have beer.

My point.  PA citizens were going across state lines to Ohio and WVA to get alcohol since they weren't being sold there.

Offline mountaineer

My point.  PA citizens were going across state lines to Ohio and WVA to get alcohol since they weren't being sold there.
Stupid WV imposed a rule that only West Virginians were permitted to purchase liquor in WV, and only three bottles. Since I don't drink the hard stuff, I offered some of my Pa. neighbors that I'd buy whatever they wanted and meet them at the border (for a nominal fee, of course).

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
It's gonna be in the 90's next week and insane if they don't open up the parking. On the plus side I hope Noisome Newsom has a stroke while watching all the beach goers give him the finger! Wanna bet that Newsom calls aunt by marriage Pelosi to whine and cry about it?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Stupid WV imposed a rule that only West Virginians were permitted to purchase liquor in WV, and only three bottles. Since I don't drink the hard stuff, I offered some of my Pa. neighbors that I'd buy whatever they wanted and meet them at the border (for a nominal fee, of course).

My friend, the bootlegger.   tri22
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

If they did some virology studies at the beach, it would be interesting to see if the salinity at the shore has a disinfectant effect in the ambient air.

Incidental at best. enough testing has been done in the wild now to assert (everywhere that such testing has been performed) that the quarantine efforts were absolutely ineffective, and without purpose - In the wild cases will so effect the mortality rate to make this whole episode literally comparable to locking people away to avoid a bad flu.

It has reached a point of utter ridiculousness to deny the bare facts. And it is now a game about saving face.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 08:42:00 pm by roamer_1 »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Incidental at best. enough testing has been done in the wild now to assert (everywhere that such testing has been performed) that the quarantine efforts were absolutely ineffective, and without purpose - In the wild cases will so effect the mortality rate to make this whole episode literally comparable to locking people away to avoid a bad flu.

It has reached a point of utter ridiculousness to deny the bare facts. And it is now a game about saving face.

100% correct IMHO!  @roamer_1
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien