Author Topic: 'I don't take responsibility at all': Trump deflects blame for coronavirus testing fumble  (Read 6901 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yet many of these new deaths are not the people who would have died from the flu which tends to be the very old. The flu just pushes them over the edge. This is going to affect people that normally would not have much problem with the flu. And that's the primary difference.

I think that's a pretty good assessment.  COVID-19 and the Flu are mutually aggravating factors.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DB

Do we know that for certain? My understanding is well over 90% of US deaths have been elderly, most with underlying health conditions.

Ask Italy. In France more than half their cases in intensive are less than 50 years old (if I remember the details correctly). It was posted here.

Offline skeeter

Ask Italy. In France more than half their cases in intensive are less than 50 years old (if I remember the details correctly). It was posted here.

I thought we were talking about the virus mortality rates. Anyone can catch the flu, dying from it is another matter.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The easiest way to start a rebellion/uprising in ancient Rome...fail to issue the bread dole and/or have poorly run games/entertainment. Augustus, a conservative's conservative...knew not to let such a thing happen. In America, nearly every sport has been canceled, so the people have already lost their games...discretion might dictate that it would be unwise to allow those dependent upon it to not receive their "bread" as well. Just sayin'.
Yeah. I can't count the comments I have read over the years about when the FSA comes out because the EBT cards have gone dry.

Bread and circuses.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yeah. I can't count the comments I have read over the years about when the FSA comes out because the EBT cards have gone dry.

Bread and circuses.

"Full Scale Anarchy?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online DB

I thought we were talking about the virus mortality rates. Anyone can catch the flu, dying from it is another matter.

My point is that in France it was last reported that more than half their intensive care cases with COVIR-19 are people under the age of 50. When you are in intensive care you are flirting with death. So what I'm trying to say is that COVIR-19 likely affects younger people more severely than the flu.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Thanx for the link @Cyber Liberty

You're welcome!  It's for countering the argument that Trump has not been taking it seriously.  It's the great unreported story of January-February, 2020 because the Press was all-in for Impeachment, to the detriment of other stories out there.
I will NOT comply.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
EBT cards come out the 1st of the month and it's now the 15th...how many still have money on their cards to try to get milk and whatever else they need to feed their kids who are at home now that the schools have closed...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
My point is that in France it was last reported that more than half their intensive care cases with COVIR-19 are people under the age of 50. When you are in intensive care you are flirting with death. So what I'm trying to say is that COVIR-19 likely affects younger people more severely than the flu.

I would not discount the point you are making.  The jury's still out on that, because testing isn't universal yet.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

You're welcome!  It's for countering the argument that Trump has not been taking it seriously.  It's the great unreported story of January-February, 2020 because the Press was all-in for Impeachment, to the detriment of other stories out there.

Just heard Trump is considering a pardon for Flynn.

Roll the ball and watch the press stop chewing on the virus bone & go bounding after it.

If not a stable genius, he certainly has the media's number.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 07:35:02 pm by skeeter »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
EBT cards come out the 1st of the month and it's now the 15th...how many still have money on their cards to try to get milk and whatever else they need to feed their kids who are at home now that the schools have closed...

Probably not much.  For too many, 12:01 AM on the first is when the EBT money gets blown on lobster and Filet Mignon for some of these folks.  The tragedy for these particular people is they have to cut into their cigarette and tattoo money to stop their kids from crying.  Money goes fast when they have to pay 5X the price because of all the hoarding. 

The consumer supply chain is always endangered when people start to hoard, be it milk or gasoline.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Roll the ball and watch the press stop chewing on the virus bone & go bounding after it.

That's not surprising, when one looks at Donald Trump's career trajectory prior to the Presidency.
I will NOT comply.

Online DB

The jury's still out on that, because testing isn't universal yet.

I agree with that. But you have to assume the worse until proven otherwise. When you know for sure that it is no worse than the flu you can lighten things up. I would also argue that lots of people get the flu and are not tested or get reported to a doctor. So those numbers are missing the people that don't have severe problems too.

Offline mountaineer

The schools in my area are all establishing feeding centers for the kiddies while the schools are shut down.
 It's really too much to ask parents to take care of their own children, dontcha know.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

No, it is sad.  Tens of millions of Americans will be affected in the coming weeks - not by the virus, but by the panic that has been generated purely as a political tool.  And when this is over, and people go back to their normal lives wondering what the big deal was all about, our press and their political allies will shift the narrative in order to continue their main political goal by any means necessary.  And if that means a complete reversal in their rhetoric, they won't hesitate for a second.

In the meantime, there have been small nuggets of truth dotting a superfluous crescendo of DNC talking points - Gavin Newsom's praise of the Administration being one.  But President's enemies don't care.  Their contempt for this Administration supersedes everything else.  And they will rejoice at the destruction of our economy if it means removing Trump from office.

Sad indeed.

Thank you for the response @Hoodat .  Your's is a perfectly logical opinion.  One I'm sure the President would agree with.  From my point of view I think it will be harder for President Trump to respond to the virus if he only sees it in terms of panicked over-reaction and a political tool of the democrats and MSM.  I bet Nancy Pelosi hopes Trump continues the battle from that perspective.  I pray for the best and expect the worst.  I dare not utter the worst, but I expect thousands of death in the coming month, because this virus looks to be doubling every 3 days in terms of exposure and deaths.  I don't care that much if the rats are being too cautious, because I still have no faith our President see the dangers.  I don't understand why President Trump doesn't want to be known as a compassionate man who loves all life and championed a response...but he seems like he prefers a running against the rats, and preoccupied with his golf score "image."

In good times of economic prosperity the American people want a do-nothing Administration and Congress.  The GOP excelled at passing nothing for two years, and Congress only got better at nothing when Pelosi took the House.

But when times are troubled voters want decisive action.  It sometimes doesn't even have to work to help lift the national spirit, if it is absent a credible alternative.   But leadership requires more than phoning-in a performance and blaming someone else.   

I know that you are perfectly satisfied with the administration's response...looking around at the stock markets, the super markets, empty streets, and fast filling hospital beds, I remain unconvinced of the President's competence, much like the last three years.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
While there are many who are solely dependent on EBT I know that a boatload here in Calif are getting EBT benefits and making bucks under the table, I see it being the same problem for them as us, bare shelves. As far as the schools being closed my daughter told us that even though the schools are closed they are still providing meals for the children, I don't know about other states but I would venture the same policy holds.

@Cyber Liberty
It's among the best arguments I've seen for President Trump's failure to move more quickly.  Worthy of consideration even of NeverTrumpers.

He gave up on fixing the virus thing already?  Well even OJ got board looking for the real murderers at times.

Wile E. Coyote Super Genius

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty
It's among the best arguments I've seen for President Trump's failure to move more quickly.  Worthy of consideration even of NeverTrumpers.

He should have acted before WHO found out?  That would be colluding with China, would it not?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He gave up on fixing the virus thing already?  Well even OJ got board looking for the real murderers at times.

See, this is why I wouldn't want you to stop posting.  Your comments today will likely be the headlines tomorrow!
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Buck Stops Here, enough said.

Offline skeeter

You do have a unique interpretation of most things Trump.

Well, maybe not that unique.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
You do have a unique interpretation of most things Trump.

Well, maybe not that unique.

@Once-Ler
@skeeter
@Cyber Liberty

LOL!  Once-Ler is giving y'all wedgies.   ...Knoogies...raspberries.     

Poor guy is bored to trolling now that the NBA and NHL are sitting.   ESPN should be selling gold coins any minute now.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline skeeter

@Once-Ler
@skeeter
@Cyber Liberty

LOL!  Once-Ler is giving y'all wedgies.   ...Knoogies...raspberries.     

Poor guy is bored to trolling now that the NBA and NHL are sitting.   ESPN should be selling gold coins any minute now.    :laugh:

I hate knoogies and raspberries.

The wedgies aren't so bad.