Author Topic: President Trump makes false claims about coronavirus, suggests you can ‘go to work’ if you’re sick  (Read 6146 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Here's what you said regarding honesty: "What is unbelievable is that post was a quote taken from I post I made and you make it look like I posted it. How dishonest of you."

You said I altered what you posted to make you look bad and that I had no shame because of that.

I changed nothing which is self evident. Talk about dishonest.

You can't even admit you made a mistake. You instead twist it into something else. I expected more from you.

Wow.

Since you have problems with reading comprehension, I'll explain again. My post contained a quote from another post. The italicized words were not mine, just the last line, "Nothing in the post deserves the crybaby slam. And the content is the truth."

Then you slammed me about needing a safe space. You twisted my post and slammed me. And I didn't expect more from you.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline jpsb

That is an outright lie.

And a stupid one at that.

I wouldn't call it a "toxic dump" but when I first came arrived there were very few Trump supporters here. @Emjay, @skeeter, a couple others and me. It was so bad yall ran emjay off. So the TDS was and still is strong here. I'm not complaining and I certainly would not want to hang out in an "echo chamber" just making an observation.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@musiclady

One poster's idea of "bullying" is another poster's idea of "...okay, enough of this sh*t!"

We've given up long ago trying to embarrass certain members into waking-up about the many virtues of Donald J. Trump, as POTUS.

Fact is, the most prolific posters at this time, are rabid haters of the man.   They 'hide' behind their biblical faith and/or principles and simply continue to discount 3 Plus years of evidence suggesting that he's literally, God's gift to America.

At this point, we're not looking for, "Gee guys, I'm sorry I was so wrong about him", etc..

When out here in the real world, Pro-Trumpers are being physically assaulted, we sure don't need to be treated this way in T-effing BR.

@Cyber Liberty  @mystery-ak    Please just keep this in mind when you respond to the "abuse" button.  Thank you.

@DCPatriot   :yowsa: :yowsa:
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Mod5

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Thanks...

I try so hard here to make everyone happy....I have had people give me ultimatums that they would leave unless I ban people...

@mystery-ak

Would those be threats,or promises?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I haven't removed anything on this thread.  If anything I said was deleted, then a Mod must have done it (though nothing I said was offensive, so you might have been thinking of someone else's post).

At any rate, I never said that the headline was right, or that the article was fair, nor did I imply that.  (In fact I think I agreed that it wasn't an accurate article).

I was talking about the confusion of the quote itself.  And my point remains the same....

If what is in the quote that I cited is what Trump really said, it is confusing.  And it is.

That is all I ever said here.

Now go pick a fight with someone else.  After the chaos of last night, and the stunning attack on @mystery-ak , I don't want to be part of any fighting without purpose here.  I will fight for principles, but not because someone else feels like fighting over nothing.
And the headline makes the article and the headline is unsupported.

So it is fake news.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

I wouldn't call it a "toxic dump" but when I first came arrived there were very few Trump supporters here. @Emjay, @skeeter, a couple others and me. It was so bad yall ran emjay off. So the TDS was and still is strong here. I'm not complaining and I certainly would not want to hang out in an "echo chamber" just making an observation.

Agree, no echo chamber.

And a great big THANK YOU to the owners to making this site available.

Offline libertybele

He needs to just STFU about this.

Listened to Beck this a.m.  --- The President's job is to keep everyone calm during troubled times -- he has Pence handling things and is supposed to be making sure everyone is doing their job in containing this virus.

Mimosas everyone?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

If people assume Trump was saying they could go to work if they are sick, it could make this outbreak into a major disaster.   

@Applewood

You can't possibly be serious. Many,MANY people are thrilled at having an excuse to not go go work. Are you not aware that a large part of the population work at jobs they dislike,or even hate,because those are the only jobs they can find,or because of the pay level and benefits,but hate the actual job?

As for the people who LOVE their jobs,what makes you think Trump or any other politician has to say is going to keep them from coming to work? Hell,most of them would work Saturday and Sunday if they were allowed to do that.

Still,Trump is not a professional politician,and this shows when he utters brain farts like that,"off the cuff". No career retail-politician would ever do that because they never do or say ANYTHING in public that isn't ran past a review board first.

Trump needs to learn to only mention issues like that at press conferences where he has some official from the NHI standing behind him to answer questions. He is never going to learn this,though. It's something career politicians do as naturally as they breathe,but at MOST Trump only has one more 4 year term in politics,and that's it. Don't expect him to be any more polished during his second,and FINAL term in office,either. He has even less reason to be PC in his final term than this one.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Thank you all for your kind words and I am sorry for all the drama I caused last night.

I just hate it when a poster/member criticizes TBR in such a manner. We have such a great MOD team that work behind the scenes everyday sometimes all day to keep TBR running smoothly, without them there would be no TBR and I would be lost.

I consider you all friends since this is a closely-knit forum where we all know each other.

SOoooooooo.....I love both Bloody Mary's with olives and a slice of crispy bacon and Mimosas  happy77
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Actually, Bloody Mary is a great breakfast drink, and it comes with celery so it's good for you.

@Cyber Liberty

Maybe for a amateur posing as a drinker,but for the pros,ANY drink with alcohol in it is a "great breakfast drink." That's what separates the pros from the amateurs.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
:im waiting:
@Mod5

BTW,that is a GREAT "thingie"! Never seen it before,but clearly recognize the mindset. Mostly when I look into a mirror.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 03:05:56 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
OK, gang, I think this thread has run it's course.  Everybody, go out and play, or watch the stock market drop like a rock.  Anything's better than this dumpster fire....

:dumpster:

Locked.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: