Author Topic: President Trump makes false claims about coronavirus, suggests you can ‘go to work’ if you’re sick  (Read 6147 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Coronavirus
President Trump makes false claims about coronavirus, suggests you can ‘go to work’ if you’re sick
Updated 10:30 AM; Today 8:10 AM

Trump also suggested that people with coronavirus can “go to work” and get better without any treatment or rest.
“If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better, just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work, some of them go to work, but they get better, and then when you do have a death, like you’ve had in the state of Washington, like you had one in California, I believe you had one in New York," Trump said on “Hannity.” No deaths have been reported in New York; 11 cases have been confirmed.

https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus/2020/03/president-trump-makes-false-claims-about-coronavirus-suggests-you-can-go-to-work-if-youre-sick.html
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Typical dumb *ss thing for him to say.  Jeeez!

If you are sick, stay the hell home. 

Online mountaineer

That isn't at all what he said. Geez. He said some people's symptoms may be so mild, they won't be aware they're sick, and will continue to go to work.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

That isn't at all what he said. Geez. He said some people's symptoms may be so mild, they won't be aware they're sick, and will continue to go to work.

This is why some of us might be hard on one or two of the perennial Trump critics around here. This may qualify as the 'fresh breeze' of free speech & all but this stuff is just dishonest.

Online mountaineer

I don't care if people don't like him - he was the last person I wanted as GOP candidate in 2016, trust me - but at least pretend to have some integrity and not lie about what he's done or said.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
My handlers sent me here, to exploit this Free Speech Hub.

Daily I rise to find the most deranged material I can find, then post and get plenty of attention.

Since there is no proving your identity, you can claim to be anything. Like a Deacon, for instance.

Lap it up. Better yet, put it in classical greek terms, I say reflecting.

Meanwhile, a once useful, intelligent conservative site swirls.

How clever.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 10:06:37 pm by Mod1 »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't care if people don't like him - he was the last person I wanted as GOP candidate in 2016, trust me - but at least pretend to have some integrity and not lie about what he's done or said.

If this story wasn't anti-Trump, it would not have been posted. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

“If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better, just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work, some of them go to work, but they get better, and then when you do have a death, like you’ve had in the state of Washington, like you had one in California, I believe you had one in New York,"

Weird how he is quoted saying "get better" twice, but your interpretation of English is nicer.

Offline DB

My handlers sent me here, to exploit this Free Speech Hub.

Daily I rise to find the most deranged material I can find, then post and get plenty of attention.

Since there is no proving your identity, you can claim to be anything. Like a Deacon, for instance.

Lap it up. Better yet, put it in classical greek terms, I say reflecting.

Meanwhile, a once useful, intelligent conservative site swirls.

How clever.

Who knew the place was so fragile... The triggered can't take it it seems...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 10:07:10 pm by Mod1 »

Offline musiclady

This is why some of us might be hard on one or two of the perennial Trump critics around here. This may qualify as the 'fresh breeze' of free speech & all but this stuff is just dishonest.

I’d like clarification here.

Is the quote in the article not an accurate quote?

Because if he said what’s quoted directly then there’s no lying going on here.

(For the record, though I don’t like or respect Trump, I don’t want people lying about what he’s said).

And disagreement IS refreshing free speech, unless you only want Trump supporters here like “truth seeker “ does...
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

It’s only fragile to those who want this to be a cheerleaders only site.

The owner is far more robust than a few of the whiners here.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline skeeter

I’d like clarification here.

Is the quote in the article not an accurate quote?

Because if he said what’s quoted directly then there’s no lying going on here.

(For the record, though I don’t like or respect Trump, I don’t want people lying about what he’s said).

And disagreement IS refreshing free speech, unless you only want Trump supporters here like “truth seeker “ does...
The article is an obvious attempt to mischaracterize what the president said. It’s dishonest and we should all know better than to buy what it’s selling.

You and I will probably have to agree to disagree. Others can decide for themselves.

Offline musiclady

The article is an obvious attempt to mischaracterize what the president said. It’s dishonest and we should all know better than to buy what it’s selling.

You and I will probably have to agree to disagree. Others can decide for themselves.

So the quote itself (not the article) is inaccurate?

Again, if the quote is not his actual words, then it’s a lie.  If he actually said those words, that’s a different story.

The truth matters.  Blind attacks and knee jerk defenses are equally wrong.

If the quote is dishonest, then what did he actually say?

Serious question.....

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
It doesn't really matter what he said.  Suffice to say, I am a staunch Trump supporter, yet his endless need to verbalize every thought and often saying wrong or incorrect things is commonplace.

If you watch the clips with him and the brain trust doctors on corona virus, they have interrupted him several times to make the record precise and clear.  He is good at putting a happy face on things.

Common sense should prevail.  If you are sick, stay home until well.  And if you suspect you have corona virus, get a test done to verify.

Offline skeeter

So the quote itself (not the article) is inaccurate?

Again, if the quote is not his actual words, then it’s a lie.  If he actually said those words, that’s a different story.

The truth matters.  Blind attacks and knee jerk defenses are equally wrong.

If the quote is dishonest, then what did he actually say?

Serious question.....
What does the title of the article suggest? That trump is saying people with Coronavirus should go to work? Do you think that’s what the president is saying? The article says trump claims the mortality rate is lower than 3.4%, implying he’s wrong. Yet, we constantly hear the administration erred in testing only those coming from China and the disease is widespread. If more have the disease than we currently know then how can the writer know what the mortality rate is? Common sense, cmon.

Offline ArneFufkin

Typical dumb *ss thing for him to say.  Jeeez!

If you are sick, stay the hell home.

Has that been your modus operandi throughout your career?   Seriously, how did you gauge it?

There are levels of sickness.   And MOST ALL people who have some sort of Covid exposure feel no symptoms.

Stay home, right?  Cuz everyone has a remote office capability?   Everyone has paid sick days?

This feeds into the panic.  And it pisses me off.  LIVE YOUR REGULAR LIFE PEOPLE!

« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 11:24:09 pm by ArneFufkin »

Offline ArneFufkin

Stupidity patrol.

Offline musiclady

What does the title of the article suggest? That trump is saying people with Coronavirus should go to work? Do you think that’s what the president is saying? The article says trump claims the mortality rate is lower than 3.4%, implying he’s wrong. Yet, we constantly hear the administration erred in testing only those coming from China and the disease is widespread. If more have the disease than we currently know then how can the writer know what the mortality rate is? Common sense, cmon.

None of that is what I was asking.

Not if the article is fair, but if he actually said what’s between the quotation marks.

Iow, the article is slanted, but the actual quote is accurate.

So it’s yet another case of Trump’s inarticulate word soup getting him in trouble.

I don’t think you and I have an argument here @skeeter .

Offline ArneFufkin

Hey, you emotionally damaged Trump hatas and trolls!

Trump has a TOWN HALL on FNC!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hey, you emotionally damaged Trump hatas and trolls!

Trump has a TOWN HALL on FNC!

Oh, is that tonight?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

None of that is what I was asking.

Not if the article is fair, but if he actually said what’s between the quotation marks.

Iow, the article is slanted, but the actual quote is accurate.

So it’s yet another case of Trump’s inarticulate word soup getting him in trouble.

I don’t think you and I have an argument here @skeeter .

I agree Trump is inelegant in his speech. It sometimes gets him into trouble unecessarily.

I also believe this article is utterly dishonest.

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Geez, my apartment complex just sent out a note to all the tenants yesterday about the coronavirus and they would be installing purell stations on every floor of every apartment building for the tenants and the people that come for deliveries like Amazon, fedex, the mailman, any guests, etc.

They want us to wipe down our doorknobs when we leave and when we come back.

I also noticed a couple neighbors are now telecommuting and not going into Manhattan
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline DB

I agree Trump is inelegant in his speech. It sometimes gets him into trouble unecessarily.

I also believe this article is utterly dishonest.

Trashing dishonest articles is exactly what this place is about. Pointing out why something isn't true. Not ignoring it.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Got to realize that the objective of MSM now is to try to make Trump look as badly as possible, 100% of the time.

There not even trying to hide it anymore.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Geez, my apartment complex just sent out a note to all the tenants yesterday about the coronavirus and they would be installing purell stations on every floor of every apartment building for the tenants and the people that come for deliveries like Amazon, fedex, the mailman, any guests, etc.

They want us to wipe down our doorknobs when we leave and when we come back.

I also noticed a couple neighbors are now telecommuting and not going into Manhattan

Purrell Stations?

Hope they are locked.  People have gone mad with this thing.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.